Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 box RDK-03003

New Poster

X1 box RDK-03003

Hi guys,
Went to go set up this past week and I kept getting an rdk 03003 error. I looked at my app and it said that there was a reported tv outage for my box. I figured it was because of this.

Went back to the box yesterday, where online it says that the tv service was back online. I was still getting the error. Called xfinity and they tried refresh signals with no luck. They are saying that it was because of the signal. That the signal is not strong enough. I went in to the xfinity management settings and the signal looks ok from what I read. I use the same coaxial port for my modem and have had no problems whatsoever and download speeds up to 115mbps. I tried a different cable, I did have a splitter but I also tried hooking it straight up to the wall.

Now they are trying to charge me 60 dollars for someone to come out. Any ideas?
A7BB6EA5-52FF-4392-91EE-F1BED56635EF.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: X1 box RDK-03003

Your downstream signal (5.6) is good but your upstream signal (62) is way too high and could be the reason the box can’t connect, should be under 53. Do you happen to have a amplifier in the house?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am not sure, I am in an apartment building. Is there any way that I can check?
New Poster

I also tried a different port in my house and these are the results I got, still with no luck. What’s the ideal upstream and down stream levels I should be looking for?
DD159E75-7264-4814-90B8-2898E9BC21F3.jpeg
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation