New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Web App DVR %-of-capacity seems to incorrectly assume recordings were HD

Highlighted
Contributor

X1 Web App DVR %-of-capacity seems to incorrectly assume recordings were HD

A FAQ re the X1 DVR says its capacity is 300 hours Standard Definition and 60 hours High Definition.

I currently have 17 recordings, all SD, totaling 28 hours. (Most were scheduled on my XG-1 box, but a few were scheduled on the X1 web app, using my laptop.)

On the box it says 6% of capacity used. (Even that is a little odd, since 28 divided by 300 is about 9%, not 6%.).  But on the X1 web app, it pegs capacity used at a FAR larger 47% full. So it looks like the app is using the 60 hours capacity instead of 300 (28/60 = 47%), even though all the recordings were from SD channels. Why might I be seeing this discrepancy? Is “47% full” simply incorrect?

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Web App DVR %-of-capacity seems to incorrectly assume recordings were HD

Dennis25 wrote:

A FAQ re the X1 DVR says its capacity is 300 hours Standard Definition and 60 hours High Definition.

I currently have 17 recordings, all SD, totaling 28 hours. (Most were scheduled on my XG-1 box, but a few were scheduled on the X1 web app, using my laptop.)

On the box it says 6% of capacity used. (Even that is a little odd, since 28 divided by 300 is about 9%, not 6%.).  But on the X1 web app, it pegs capacity used at a FAR larger 47% full. So it looks like the app is using the 60 hours capacity instead of 300 (28/60 = 47%), even though all the recordings were from SD channels. Why might I be seeing this discrepancy? Is “47% full” simply incorrect?

The Cloud DVR ONLY stores 60 hours of recordings, regardless if it is HD or SD quality (Cloud DVR FAQ). So no, there is no discrepancy.

Contributor

Re: X1 Web App DVR %-of-capacity seems to incorrectly assume recordings were HD

Oops...

That reply made sense, so I marked it as the solution.  But I have unmarked it for now because the stream app sure doesn't seem to be following that pattern today:

I have 29 hours recorded, and both the box and the stream app are now showing only 6% of capacity used, instead of the 47% full that the app previously showed for a similar amount of recording.  (The box DVR and the app both show the same list of recordings.)  Confused...

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation