Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Voice Remote Does Not Work at All

New Poster

X1 Voice Remote Does Not Work at All

I receive an error message when I try to use any voice command with my X1 remote.  "Ooops! Something is not quite right.  XRE-09012".  I was in a chat with Xfinity/Comcast Tech Support this morning for an hour and we didn't get it working.  This forum must be pretty good because everything he had me try was right here.  Sorry, but this problem is not resolved.

Service Expert

Re: X1 Voice Remote Does Not Work at All

srayeknox wrote:

I receive an error message when I try to use any voice command with my X1 remote.  "Ooops! Something is not quite right.  XRE-09012".  I was in a chat with Xfinity/Comcast Tech Support this morning for an hour and we didn't get it working.  This forum must be pretty good because everything he had me try was right here.  Sorry, but this problem is not resolved.

When you press and hold the microphone button, what color is the LED on the remote? If you say "about" does a screen pop up that says "about XFINITY TV"?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I went into Settings and turned voice control off. It was already on. I turned it back on and now it seems to be working. For now.
New Poster

Voice remote just stopped working

Voice remote stopped working.  It's been working fine since October, 2016 and just stopped last night.  Batteries are fine and other voice remotes in the house are working properly.  What's the problem and/or resolution?

Official Employee

Hi DerLaufer, I am glad that you got your issue resolved. For more information on your remote please click on this site https://www.xfinity.com/x1clouduser#overlay-remot.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation