New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Contributor

Message 401 of 2,315

im going on 9 months of 20 plus service calls and another for wed . welcone to xfinity  x-1 , they will blame it on your home  infastructure and recently sent out a flyer that said they are not responsible for your old cable that powered your xfinity dvr for years , without a single problem , if it doesnt work with the x-1 at your cost  , seriously , welcome to x-1 . i have 300 hours plus on the phone with no results . have fun , good luck

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 402 of 2,315

rvannorman42 wrote:

I have a total of 3 X1 cable boxes (1 DVR, 2 HD). I subscribe to the Anyroom Cloud DVR service which allows all the boxes to have access to watch recorded shows.

The Anyroom DVR service has stopped functioning on the 2 HD boxes. Through the menu on these boxes the option under saved to view recordings is no longer there. This all started when I upgraded my plan from the Double Play Preferred to the Double Play Premier. This happened immediately once the rep sent a signal to my boxes to add the additional channels. The rep was unable to fix the problem and transferred me to support. I have been bounced around since Wednesday 11/12/14 to various departments. I have placed calls everyday since to support / billing / customer care team / x1 team / etc. I have gotten nowhere. At this time I have 10 hours of phone calls invested into getting this resolved. I am beyond frustrated!

To me this appears to be some type of account setup issue. Who can I contact to get help? Has anyone run into the a problem like this before?

As a side note my iPad is no longer able to access my TV content via the "TV APP". Again all of this was working perfectly before i upgraded my account.

Chances are that when they modified the rate codes they dropped the rate code for anyroom service.....

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 403 of 2,315

34f wrote:

I schedule a program recording using the guide and record button....that's usually works well---unless  something intefers with my recording : sports event runs longer than Comcast had in the guide (a common occurance with football games), a power outage, or Comcast sending a refresh signal of somesort.  When this happens my recording is usually a partial recording.  Prior to the X1 platform I would go to "ON DEMAND" and be able to watch the program in question.  Now if i do that I get the partial recording.   

Try to delete the save program before using the xod...Also there are handful of shows that will show a second airing later in the week. When this happens it will be locked out of xod....

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 404 of 2,315
Unfortunately the billing codes didn't work, my account is still in limbo with no subscription, hence no tv. Tech scheduled tomorrow would love to resolve this issue today remotely though.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 405 of 2,315

supirio wrote:
Unfortunately the billing codes didn't work, my account is still in limbo with no subscription, hence no tv. Tech scheduled tomorrow would love to resolve this issue today remotely though.

billing codes wont fix the error codes you are having. That is signal and or server issues....How many boxes do you have?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 406 of 2,315
We've had the same problems as many of you have commented about. Tonight, against my advice, my wife called tech support and was graciously helped by a Comcast representative. A "pairing" command was sent to our box and now everything is working great. I'm just sayin'.
Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 407 of 2,315
Hi Pizza, I have 3 boxes. 1 HD DVR and 2 hd remote boxes. Technician is coming tomorrow at 3pm but would be great to point him into the right direction. I tried to have entitlements sent to the boxes tonight however it didn't help, I wound up at the same message XRE-03007, any tips?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 408 of 2,315

Thanks for the update gotpizza.  I have been trying to tell Comcast on the phone and via chat that I believed this to be the issue.  Everyone has told me the account is setup correctly.  Comcast now wants to come to the house today and replace all the cable boxes since they are defective.  It just seems almost impossible that all 3 boxes went bad at the same time.  I have been trying to get support / billing to realize this.  everyone just reads from their scripts and nothing more. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 409 of 2,315

Same thing happened to me tonight...adn it's WEdnesday. I smell a conspiracy!

Even though the DVR recording said it recorded the entire program, it stopped in the middle and went black. This has happened A LOT! I also have to do hard resets at least every other day.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 410 of 2,315
All of my issues were resolved, it had to do with billing rates.

Next steps are to abuse DVR and see how it goes Smiley Happy
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 411 of 2,315

Has anyone received a refund for the time/days that their service wasn't working?

I received 2 $20 credits from the times they had to come back out on multiple visits (was more than 3 visits though).

And the billing department promised to send me 3 $20 "coupons" that could be used to pay for premium channels, but that never happened.

My X1 was installed on 10/7 and the majority of issues, at least as far as having generally functioning internet and TV (forget the advertised features) were resolved and functioning after several calls and visits (and multiple days of my having to miss a day of work) on 11/3.

So for any other non-monopoly service I would be able to get a refund on my bill for 10/7 - 11/3, but I'm not optimistic in this case.

Curious if anyone else has had any luck.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 412 of 2,315

When is the irritating problem with the Guide reverting back to the present time going to be fixed?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 413 of 2,315

Fix a problem?  Hah, they're too busy adding "features".  Like trying so sell me the "NBA league pass" that is now listed as one of my "recently watched" shows.  And custom playlists, restart notification, movie guide "improvements", ie. easier to see movies that are for sale...

Their efforts are focused on all the wrong things.  It should be

1. fix everything that doesn't work

2. improve speed and stability

3. restore basic functionality that was included in the old comcast product

4. implement everything that was originally and is still being advertised   (An advanced HD DVR that does it all!)

5. work on new feature requests.  most requested by customers.

523.  add a bunch of up-sell features

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 414 of 2,315

I have been experiencing similar problems.

- I have series recording for Thursday Night Football. The 11/20 game (Oakland vs KC) shows as recorded

for full 5 hrs (I extended time thru DVR Mgr online). But when I try to play it, play sometimes is just blank

and won't go beyond 0seconds. On other attempts, it starts playing for about 15 seconds, then starts over

and continues that loop.

- 2 Saturdays ago I recorded 4 Saturday College football games. All recorded except one that only partially

recorded. No explicable reason for the recording to just stop.

- I have had multiple occurences where I attempt to display my saved recordings. Just get  a display of

blank screen with the 3 white dots blinking as if it is doing something. It never ends, so I just give up and

and can't use the DVR. Coming back later works. No clue what is going on that can't even display contents

of my DVR, much less watch the recordings.

Sure hope Comcast is working on all these problems, as the X1 is just not reliable.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 415 of 2,315
Just had my RNG150 reset to 720p, but read 1080p in the settings menu.. First time this has happened, never happened with STB firmware before this months update.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 416 of 2,315

manamok wrote:

When is the irritating problem with the Guide reverting back to the present time going to be fixed?

You need to have them look at the up/down SNR! It is resetting because it losing commands from the DVR. What is happening is it gets the file that is sent from the DVR, but the packet is corrupt therefore the only thing the server knows to do is revert back to were you were when you started...

Get a lead x1 feildtech, ask him/her to track the files hitting the server for about 24 hours. It will give them a total of how many files hit the server that were corrupt....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 417 of 2,315

It seems every few weeks my X1 downloads updates during the night which is fine. Once every few months however there appears to be a "major" download which affects ALL my comcast services (internet, TV and phone). When the download is finished, all services return to normal EXCEPT my phone and I have to reboot the phone modem. (The other modems return to normal on there own)  The problem is that my central home alarm is connected by phone and the interuption triggers a notification alarm and keeps the alarm from communicating until I reboot. I need a workaround since I travel a lot and can't have my alarm out.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 418 of 2,315

New to X1, and still within my 30 day money back window.  (Former FIOS customer)

Current issue is that the non-DVR boxes (Satelitte?)  can't find any of the saved shows on the DVR. 

Anyone know how to fix this?  

BTW, is this how I am supposed to post a new question, just reply to the last one in the thread?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 419 of 2,315

buyerclub2 wrote:

New to X1, and still within my 30 day money back window.  (Former FIOS customer)

Current issue is that the non-DVR boxes (Satelitte?)  can't find any of the saved shows on the DVR. 

BTW, is this how I am supposed to post a new question, just reply to the last one in the thread?

scroll to top, see the 'path' to the current thread. find >X1> and click on X1. Login and see the "new message" box to click on near top of screen.

someone with Satellite boxes will answer your question soon.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 420 of 2,315
New to X1, and still within my 30 day money back window. (Former FIOS customer)
Current issue is that the non-DVR boxes (Satelitte?) can't find any of the saved shows on the DVR.

First, if you can, go into your gateway (10.0.0.1) and disable the moca if it isn't already.
Then unplug all 5 boxes, reboot the DVR and let it go all the way to live tv and then plug in the rest.
If you can, describe how your cable is configured splitters, amp etc.
You can check your moca signals ( how the boxes communicate) by
1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2
Scroll down to moca diagnostics and go to the 2nd page and you'll see a grid. Post the numbers here ...

Also 3 out of 4 of your secondary boxes are out of spec.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 421 of 2,315

ralphmullins wrote:

I have been experiencing similar problems.

- I have series recording for Thursday Night Football. The 11/20 game (Oakland vs KC) shows as recorded

for full 5 hrs (I extended time thru DVR Mgr online). But when I try to play it, play sometimes is just blank

and won't go beyond 0seconds. On other attempts, it starts playing for about 15 seconds, then starts over

and continues that loop.

- 2 Saturdays ago I recorded 4 Saturday College football games. All recorded except one that only partially

recorded. No explicable reason for the recording to just stop.

- I have had multiple occurences where I attempt to display my saved recordings. Just get  a display of

blank screen with the 3 white dots blinking as if it is doing something. It never ends, so I just give up and

and can't use the DVR. Coming back later works. No clue what is going on that can't even display contents

of my DVR, much less watch the recordings.

Sure hope Comcast is working on all these problems, as the X1 is just not reliable.

Same problem... my football game recordings end prior to the scheduled end time frequently. DVR just not reliable.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 422 of 2,315
Are you extending the show/movie/game to the correct amount of time. Comcast does not, and maybe never will update the guide in real time. It has always been this way...
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 423 of 2,315

In my case, I extended by 2 hrs using the online DVR manager since can't be done

directly on the DVR and remote control for a series sports recording.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 424 of 2,315

problems in firmware/serverware building up it seems.

Picture in a picture "B" is more and more just unhighlighting the darkness showing a corner of the active channel/video playing. This was previously only seen on 4:3 format TV channels and their recordings.

from FF hitting PLAY had a pretty good estimator of where to auto scroll back to get to point we wanted to start playing. That is if on >>4 it would scroll back more than on >> speed. Now they all seem to be about 30-60 seoonds back. C'mon guys. Quit breaking already working things.

Guide grid should have bright text that does not change to 'dark' because you scrolled across or stopped on the grid item. Why in the blazes do you change the font to 'darker' and even an EXIT then Guide to same point does not re-brighten the text. Really? you want to make this act like a badly designed web page?

On begin of PLAY a recorded video why does auto start, the restart so "now is the time for all" start as "now is the time now is the time.." 

Why on trick play from PAUSE is Slo-mo only one speed, about 3/5 speed. It appears that the 2-2-3 frame repeat is just doing 3-3-3  Related, why not use from PAUSE the Channel UP/Down as a jog frame shuttle? and who in their right mind thought that if you were on Slo-mo that you would want a press of play pause to not pause? Play should only 'start' again from being paused. Speed of Slo-mo while playing Slo-mo be controlled by FF/RW increasing or decreasing the speed.

While guide is displayed (GUIDE button) why not make channel up/down also a magnifier to increase size of any/all font increase/decrease for that viewing. (revert when exit and restart guide)?

Anyone have more to add? I'm thinking that if enough of us comment that maybe they will focus on some of these and fix them before moving on to new bells and whistles.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 425 of 2,315

I'd definitely add getting all of the "stuff" off of the screen.  When watching sports I pause, slow mo, skip 30, back 15, etc. constantly.  Which means my screen is constanly blocked by the progress bar, bottom section of the screen blacked out, and a huge icon in the middle of the screen, all of which stay there way too long.  The time left and score of games is constantly blocked, and even if you press exit immediately after slow mo, the screen is covered for so long you end up not being able to see what you're trying to slow mo.

I'd like the bottom black out section to go away completely (or the option), it's not necessary, the progress bar is clearly visible without it.  The progress bar can move lower and there should be an option for it to disappear more quickly.  And the icon in the middle could be much smaller, moved to the bottom/side, and go away much faster, or even an option for it not to appear at all would be nice.  (although given the response times that might not work out well)

These are not super technical requests and would make the viewing experience so much better.

If a better/slower slow mo with frame by frame are too taxing on the server or whatever the issues are, is there not a way to implement those additional features at least for recorded content on the main DRV box?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 426 of 2,315

Hi guys. Have an error code and just wondering if anyone has had it as well. I feel sure they have. RDK-03003 Rebooting has had no effect. Thanks

Posted by
Contributor

Message 427 of 2,315

I absolutely support getting rid of the display bar at the bottom or at least give us the option to turn it off after one second or something.  I'm constantly having to exit to get it to go away.  Very annoying.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 428 of 2,315
The response time on the X1 system from the remote has rapidly decreased in the past month in the Doylestown area. Very disappointing with a $200 +bill every month. Have had to reset boxes after freeze ups. Is any improvement on the horizon?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 429 of 2,315

Nitrofreek wrote:

Hi guys. Have an error code and just wondering if anyone has had it as well. I feel sure they have. RDK-03003 Rebooting has had no effect. Thanks

call the dedicated x1 support center at 877-896-8678 they have the tools to remotely diagnose and access to level 2+ techs when needed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 430 of 2,315

Hitting up arrow once or twice usually gets rid of progress bar immediately.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 431 of 2,315
I too AM experiencing the blue screen with ASTB needs to download...its been stuck like this for at least 3 hours now. After 2 calls to tech support I'm supposed to wait on tech ii to call me back in 24 to 48 hours or have a technician come out in 5 days. I am so frustrated since I've switched to Comcast from u-verse. This is my 5th cable interruption since install exactly one month ago.if any of you out there have any advice on how to expedite correcting this issue I would be most appreciative. Thanks
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 432 of 2,315

gritsgirlsc wrote:
I too AM experiencing the blue screen with ASTB needs to download...its been stuck like this for at least 3 hours now. After 2 calls to tech support I'm supposed to wait on tech ii to call me back in 24 to 48 hours or have a technician come out in 5 days. I am so frustrated since I've switched to Comcast from u-verse. This is my 5th cable interruption since install exactly one month ago.if any of you out there have any advice on how to expedite correcting this issue I would be most appreciative. Thanks

did you call the 24/7 x1 tech support number 877-896-8678 ? they have the tools to test the connectioin remotely and access to level II techs when needed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 433 of 2,315
yes that's the number I called. and supposedly my case was elevated to tier 2.but the estimated time of return call is 24 to 48 hours. I guess they try to send a reset signal, because the box did reset but then still stuck on the blue screen. Waiting for SNMP trigger
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 434 of 2,315

gritsgirlsc wrote:
yes that's the number I called. and supposedly my case was elevated to tier 2.but the estimated time of return call is 24 to 48 hours. I guess they try to send a reset signal, because the box did reset but then still stuck on the blue screen. Waiting for SNMP trigger

would you download and login on your smartphone to app xfinity my account ? from there select TV and see if that serial number shows up on the phone app. I'm guessing don't have that serial number on your record.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 435 of 2,315
ok downloaded it.I see the name for that device, bedroom, but it wouldn't give me the serial number. It tried to send the name to that device to identify it but since its stuck on blue screen the name never came up. Went through refresh commands right now it's resetting again we'll see if it works. Fingers crossed
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 436 of 2,315

gritsgirlsc wrote:
ok downloaded it.I see the name for that device, bedroom, but it wouldn't give me the serial number. It tried to send the name to that device to identify it but since its stuck on blue screen the name never came up. Went through refresh commands right now it's resetting again we'll see if it works. Fingers crossed

when you see the 'first device' touch the picture to see the serial numbers. swipe from right to the left side for next piece of equipment

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 437 of 2,315
it only gives me serial numbers for analog boxes. The two x1 boxes have the option to identify by sending the name to the TV
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 438 of 2,315

gritsgirlsc wrote:
it only gives me serial numbers for analog boxes. The two x1 boxes have the option to identify by sending the name to the TV

by analog i'm guessing you mean your DTA (about size of pack of playing cards). I'd use your phone to take a picture of the barcodes (serial numbers model numbers etc) for the boxes not working and call the x1 suport number 877-896-8678  and let them run those serial numbers to see why not on your account. 

the download the boxes are waiting on is not only entitlements but local 'security' code so the box will work on your provider's cable lines.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 439 of 2,315
Ok. Called support back and they show the box on the acct... still stuck at same screen... and again still waiting on tier 2 tech to call.... *sigh*
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 440 of 2,315

gritsgirlsc wrote:
Ok. Called support back and they show the box on the acct... still stuck at same screen... and again still waiting on tier 2 tech to call.... *sigh*

if the serial number(s) now show unplug (cold reboot) for 30 seconds the/each DVR and wait for live channel to come up.After it/they DVRs are up then bring up the 'mini'/terminal boxes one at a time. You can authorize each box with your my account app by doing "TV" troubleshooting and then select the X1 device to activate. It will refresh then 2nd attempt will reset entitlements (at least that is what it appears to do). It will then ask to reboot the X1 device let it reboot and see if problem is solved.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 441 of 2,315

Thanks MadMangs!  The up arrow does get rid of the progress bar (more excellent UI design).

Although the giant icon in the middle of the screen still lingers...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 442 of 2,315

Having x1 technical issues every couple weeks. The screen freezes and we can't change channels, we reset and get a blank screen after it says it is connecting. Numerous hours on the phone, chat help, and technicians coming out. I'm pretty fed up. And not sure why this is not being fixed. According to the remote techs the box works fine. Technicians on site say everything is good and when they leave it works, but then it just craps out on us.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 443 of 2,315

sofedup190 wrote:

Having x1 technical issues every couple weeks. The screen freezes and we can't change channels, we reset and get a blank screen after it says it is connecting. Numerous hours on the phone, chat help, and technicians coming out. I'm pretty fed up. And not sure why this is not being fixed. According to the remote techs the box works fine. Technicians on site say everything is good and when they leave it works, but then it just craps out on us.

My guess is you have problems upstream from your location.  I don't know how to help.  Before I got X1, I know Comcast did some upgrading of the lines that went from our house to the pole and further back.

Maybe you have old wiring in your neighborhood?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 444 of 2,315

My x1 terminal freezes up at least once a day sometimes three times. The most prevaliant error code is RDK 03032. You've been out to the house four times. Changed equipment and we still have the problem. Please help!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 445 of 2,315

Vincent64 wrote:

My x1 terminal freezes up at least once a day sometimes three times. The most prevaliant error code is RDK 03032. You've been out to the house four times. Changed equipment and we still have the problem. Please help!

A tech came out to find out why you have such low signal? you can hit long-exit (5+seconds) down down 2. On the popup screen hit down 2 times to system then right to page 5 of 9

list

downstream recvd power: 

Downstream SNR

Upstream Power

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 446 of 2,315

I am receiving an error code RDK-03003.  I have been through the process of rebooting and I already contacted Xfinity and still receiving the error code.  Cable was working fine in the morning and then suddenly stopped.  Please advise.

thank you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 447 of 2,315

I am getting that error today and also rebooting did not work.  Were you able to get it resolved?  I called Xfinity and it still didn't help.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 448 of 2,315
A technician came to my house and spent 4 hours to put in two x-1 boxes.the boxes worked through the weekend. On Monday both stopped working. Each had the same message that I needed a subscription to watch any television on my tv sets. This is while paying over 220 dollars a month for so called triple play service. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone trying to restore service. Interestingly, Comcast could not find evidence that the boxes were even in my house. The serial numbers were not in the system. No one could figure out how to enter the numbers, and this included the billing, Internet, and tech support. Each hand off to another department resulted in the called being lost on their end and having to start over.. The last person I spoke with suggested I bring the boxes into their office to get them appropriately listed into their system. I am not the tv man. I am a customer provided with defective hardware and incompetent phone support. They obviously don't need the business to be this arrogant and incompetent at the same time.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 449 of 2,315

Ray the geek...Can you explain why the modems and gateways have no issue sending out upstream. However the x1 modem is so senitive on this matter , needed an amp in most cases.

Also could we not you use the gateways to serve the x1 boxes? My gateway never goes offline....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 450 of 2,315

gotpizza wrote:

Ray the geek...Can you explain why the modems and gateways have no issue sending out upstream. However the x1 modem is so senitive on this matter , needed an amp in most cases.

Also could we not you use the gateways to serve the x1 boxes? My gateway never goes offline....

I can sum it up.... ROUTING....  it's all in the routing of the data communication... since Comcast elected to have the X1 network on its own thru-way, it is not using the gateways/modems at all.... unfortunately I agree with you as I also have a ROCK-SOLID Intenet connection, but rtecently have been suffering the same X1 Network Communication issues that everyone else is posting about...  RDK's 03032 and 03033... this is X1 Communication ERRORS....  ANd you all know that I have a pretty good system, great numbers, usually no problems....  this is definitely within COMcast's control....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon