members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 351 of 2,168 (5,679 Views)

Re: X1 Technical Issues

If your ethernet-connected PC's are "spotty", you probably need to reboot your gateway.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 352 of 2,168 (5,675 Views)

The atual coception of the X1 product is good and what they expected it to do is good as well if they can get the bugs out of it asap.  When it's working it is better than anything out there it just comes down to if you have the patience to wait until can figure out what they (comcast) are doing and how to fix all the many problems.  It has memories of Obhama Care roll out.

All the best,

Robert- Charleston, SC

Posted by
Visitor

Message 353 of 2,168 (5,619 Views)

I had the tech come out and look at my installation.. the line outside my house was weather worn and he replaced it and replaced my double splitters with one four way splitter. I have been for the most part problem free now. Still an issue with wifi but it is from too many devices connecting to the router. Thanks for the help.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 354 of 2,168 (5,607 Views)

I haven't had cable since you guys installed my x1 equipment last Tuesday. Still no solution in sight. No one can initialize my equipment. I've been on the phone for 18 plus hours and two techs have been here. No one has any answers.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 355 of 2,168 (5,576 Views)

Merged Recording Control

We have a rare, but not unique configuration with two DVRs.  Previously, recorded shows appeared on a merged list with no indication as to which box it was recorded on, but each box maintained its own separate recording schedule and series priority list.  Last week, Comcast uploaded new software that merges the recording schedule.  I cannot figure out what they are doing.  Shows that were scheduled on box 2 are being recorded on box 1.  There's no way to tell which box a particular show is being recorded on nor the algorithm for how it decides where to record it.  The preference selection of "Default DVR" that determined what box you were controlling is no longer available.  We had some cases where we recorded a show on both DVRs since the fast forward and other controls are much more responsive when you are watching the box where the recording resides rather than from the other box.

We also used the separate recording schedules to ensure that neither box filled up before the other.

If the new software is actually balancing the storage and recording based on which box is emptier, I guess that's OK, but there's NO information as to what the system is doing.  I tried some tests.  I hit the record button on the remote during a show and it was recorded on that box - good.  I clicked the record button a show from the guide and it was recorded on that box - also good.  I had a series that had been previously recording on box 2 and it was recorded on box 2 the first week, but was then recorded on box 1 the second week - what!!!  We had a series that was recorded on both boxes and now it is only recorded once, but I don't know where it will go.

Is there a manual or other explanation for this new "helfpul" functionality or some way to control what it is doing?

Thanks,

Stan

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 356 of 2,168 (5,573 Views)

Re: Merged Recording Control

raybot29 wrote:

We have a rare, but not unique configuration with two DVRs.  Previously, recorded shows appeared on a merged list with no indication as to which box it was recorded on, but each box maintained its own separate recording schedule and series priority list.  Last week, Comcast uploaded new software that merges the recording schedule.  I cannot figure out what they are doing.  Shows that were scheduled on box 2 are being recorded on box 1.  There's no way to tell which box a particular show is being recorded on nor the algorithm for how it decides where to record it.  The preference selection of "Default DVR" that determined what box you were controlling is no longer available.  We had some cases where we recorded a show on both DVRs since the fast forward and other controls are much more responsive when you are watching the box where the recording resides rather than from the other box.

We also used the separate recording schedules to ensure that neither box filled up before the other.

If the new software is actually balancing the storage and recording based on which box is emptier, I guess that's OK, but there's NO information as to what the system is doing.  I tried some tests.  I hit the record button on the remote during a show and it was recorded on that box - good.  I clicked the record button a show from the guide and it was recorded on that box - also good.  I had a series that had been previously recording on box 2 and it was recorded on box 2 the first week, but was then recorded on box 1 the second week - what!!!  We had a series that was recorded on both boxes and now it is only recorded once, but I don't know where it will go.

Is there a manual or other explanation for this new "helfpul" functionality or some way to control what it is doing?

Thanks,

Stan

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/whole-home-scheduling-for-multiple-DVRs/td-p/2360633

Posted by
Visitor

Message 357 of 2,168 (5,491 Views)

Just gotten installment at my home and now there's connectivity issues with both tv and internet the tech said he forgotten to put on the filter went outside unconnected our connection and now nothing works
Posted by
Visitor

Message 358 of 2,168 (5,489 Views)

Rdk 03004
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 359 of 2,168 (5,482 Views)

I have had X1 now for a few weeks on two televisions in my home.  One of the tv's works fine.  On the other one, which is the main one in my home, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME, when I turn on the television, it tunes into the channel it was on when I last watched it.  Then, when I try to change the channel, I get the error message that says it is unavailable and instructs me to navigate back to the channel I came from.  Then, when I attempt to do that, it says it is unavailable.

Can I tell you how EXTREMELY frustrated I am?  Like, I want to throw my Comcast box through the window and stomp on it.  But that's only part of it.  EVERY time I try to call Comcast, not only can I not get a person on the phone, I DON'T EVEN GET A PHONE MENU TO CHOOSE SOME OPTIONS.

What the heck is going on over at Comcast???

I pay for my service every month, and I understand technical issues arise, but if there is no avenue to get some assistance, what is a customer to do, other than go on facebook and tell EVERYONE I know to AVOID Comcast at all costs.

Can someone please help me here???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 360 of 2,168 (5,457 Views)

Day 10. Progress of a sort. Yesterday the cloud starting working for me. I was in an eligible area but it didn't work. Yesterday, I was prompted to accept terms of service and some recordings were there that weren't on the x1 box. I am able to watch them on a device. Today I used to chat to speak to Comcast. Tech was able to ping my boxes and after reboot recordings were available again but only those from prior to the outage 10 days ago. My normal scheduled recordings are scheduled as usual beginning next week. The ones for this week are not showing as scheduled recordings. If I check the onscreen guide, those recordings are all appearing. They seem to have recorded and are showing up in the cloud but still not on the box. The dvr manager on comcast.net does not show my boxes labeled as they are in the box. The tech confirmed the boxes are labeled as i set them "living room, family room, and master bedroom". Dvr manager shows them as TV1, family room and master bedroom. Tech said it should correct on the website in about 90 minutes. It's been 3 hours and no luck.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 361 of 2,168 (5,405 Views)

On playback bottom half of screen shaded

For the last month I have been getting a shaded screen on the bottom half on any program that is being played back on the DVR.   Has anyone else noticed this?   I just want to know if it is a Comcast screw up on the software or is my box causing issues.  This happens on my satellite box as well.  It only happens on recorded program playback.   The quickest way to get back to a clear screen I have to delete the last watched entry for the program that I am watching of the last watched list.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 362 of 2,168 (5,399 Views)

Re: On playback bottom half of screen shaded

Our boxes do this all the time.  We have to reset the box to get it to go away.  Extremely annoying.  It usually happens when I select something from the Last Viewed menu, which has a black background.  When I start the show, the menu goes away but the background stays.  I've gotten so fed up with it that sometimes I just watch the stinkin show that way because I'm so tired of constantly rebooting.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 363 of 2,168 (5,385 Views)

driveway2 wrote:

Our boxes do this all the time.  We have to reset the box to get it to go away.  Extremely annoying.  It usually happens when I select something from the Last Viewed menu, which has a black background.  When I start the show, the menu goes away but the background stays.  I've gotten so fed up with it that sometimes I just watch the stinkin show that way because I'm so tired of constantly rebooting.

hit the LAST button. Let it fill in the bottom part of the screen, when it finishes, hit EXIT button.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 364 of 2,168 (5,383 Views)

I appreciate the suggestion, but we tried that and it didn't work.  We've also tried changing channels, going to the guide, going to the DVR menu, staring something new on the DVR....nothing works except restting the box.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 365 of 2,168 (5,370 Views)

This is ridiculous 3 days with the same X1 issues everyone here is complaining about.  Located in Miami.  Amazing that the Comcast techs seem to use us as beta testers.  Ive had X1 for about 5 months with no issues, now its been a cluster for the last 2 weeks.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-12-2014 09:41 PM

Service Expert

Message 366 of 2,168 (5,361 Views)

[ Edited ]

driveway2 wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion, but we tried that and it didn't work.  We've also tried changing channels, going to the guide, going to the DVR menu, staring something new on the DVR....nothing works except restting the box.

would be great if we knew what version you are running (gear>about).

you can reset the box without rebooting it (removing the dark shading) by pressing and releasing the x1's power button (puts it in standby mode recordings continue) then waiting 5-10 seconds and pressing button again in same way.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-12-2014 11:48 AM

Official Employee

Message 367 of 2,168 (5,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
This is ridiculous 3 days with the same X1 issues everyone here is complaining about. Located in Miami. Amazing that the Comcast techs seem to use us as beta testers. Ive had X1 for about 5 months with no issues, now its been a cluster for the last 2 weeks.

Looks like you had an outage in your area, affecting all services, , all your equipment is up and in spec, except for your secondary box ( a little high on the upstream levels)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 368 of 2,168 (5,309 Views)

Try deleting or clearing your last watched menu.  Open last watched then push D, the triangle, and delete the one for the program you are watching and if that doesn't do it delete the whole list.   I have had my X1 for almost a year now with the xappl-XRE.47P12 release version on the Xfinity box with green round led on the power button.  I don't have a model and I'm not going to pull it out to look at the back at this time.  This only started with the last few updates.  Another thing I wish they would stop advertising on the last watched menu.  Last Watched doesn't mean hey, we want you to watch.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 369 of 2,168 (5,262 Views)

I am writing about the secondary X1 box. I have to reboot the box every day. At least one or more functions do not work on a daily basis. Is this normal?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 370 of 2,168 (5,262 Views)

We just switched to Comcast and have had nothing but trouble. I've read these post and have reset, unplugged, reset and unplugged until I am blue in the face. Everyone says they have trouble with the tv and their modem is out as well. Well our internet is good every time the tv goes out, freezes, won't stop fast forwarding, etc. I am going to start calling in everything's we have trouble so it is documented and keep notes myself in case this gets to a litigation point. Should have stayed with Direct TV. Spent a little more, but service was active 95% of the time.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 371 of 2,168 (5,256 Views)

I would like to update that I just got back home and X1 is working smoothly as of now.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 372 of 2,168 (5,227 Views)

"We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform."

No, your customers are.  Connecting to ths ridiculous kludge was a horrible mistake.

36 years with Comcast starting with Viacom, maybe 12 minor issues.

More than 12 "issues" every day with this incredibly shoddy product.

"This might be temporary."

"Temporary"...what  a fine word.  Temporary ever since I was suckered into this mess.  Sometimes it doesn't happen every day for a while..."Temporary" until the next day?  That's a program bug, not an "incident."

Seriously, is this junk some kind of social experiment to see how much screwing people will tolerate?

The old way was far better in every way.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 373 of 2,168 (5,218 Views)

Most of the ridiculous problems people are having are due to bad wiring, etc., it says here.

Internet working without any sign of problem.

Phone works.  Strong dial tone.

Most TV functions work.  Clear HD picture on all channels, just like what I had before my Xfinity mistake.

Some TV functions fail miserably...but although it would be trivial to do it, I don't get a message on my TV saying I have a weak signal.    Weird.

It isn't a weak signal.  It's amateurish "X1 Platform" programming.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 374 of 2,168 (7,600 Views)

Most of the issues are cause by signal problems..Just because your internet, phone, and TV works fine doesn't mean your UI will work fine e.without good signals between your cablebox and the server the UI will fail every time....
Posted by
Visitor

Message 375 of 2,168 (7,592 Views)

Hi all, and especially Comcast.

I'm writting this in hopes that it leads to root cause that so many have been posting.  

To start, We have 4 TV's in our house.  1 DVR (or main box) and 3 sattelites boxs. I also have internet (of course) and voice services .. What is or was called triple play.

Our system was installed on the 17th of Oct 14 and in general ran into the most common issues that everyone has since. 

Listed by device (I believe the issues differ depending on box)

1.) DVR box..  I have to say we experience the least amount of issues with the DVR box as compared to the smaller satellite boxes.  

- Audio clipping  , occasionally the audio will stop for a few seconds then return. this happens at least one a day

- HDMI port reset ,  Perhaps every other day the HDMI port will reset out of the blue.  Screen will go black but the DVR is still playing. The picture does come back in a few seconds. I have never had this problem with the older DVR. (this may have sometime to do with the message popups.

- Erratic remote response,  This is much more of a problem on the sattelite boxes but at times it happens on the mian box.

- Hard reset required at least twice since installed.  I believe this is due to software updates occuring overnight but I can't be sure. The other day I can hear channel but there was no video. Only after pulling the plug and restarting the box the video returned. 

2.) Satellite boxes (or slaves, not sure what Comcast calls them).  I have 3 of these boxes and all have the same issue.

- Erratic remote response.  This is the biggest issue and most common problem I run into. Simply the remote stops responding. For example: pressing channel down repeately the screen will freeze and stop moving. I know the receiver is picking up the remote as the remote light on the box flashes.

- On demand stops working.  I've had to hard reset these boxes a couple of time in order to get the xfnity guide to show up. One time I had what I will call a 'ghost' screen where the bottom half of my tv was dark as if the menu was on screen but it wasn't

- generally the poor Remote performance is the biggest issue I've run into.  

3.)  Xfinity Modem.  I rented my modem / router in one box from comcast. I was really please with it as it had enough wifi coverage for my entire house (which is hard to do in a tri-level home).  One morning I woke to no internet and called comcast which I was told to take my router to the comcast store and have it replaced (That's if I wanted it work anytime soon). So I did, however they did not have the same modem so I opted to take an old modem and use my old wifi router.  The replacement model didn't work at all so I decided to buy my owe modem which works fine. 

(Warning: I believe what cause the falure of the first modem was a software update that assumed the network ip setting were the defaults. I changed my IP addressing to my own settings including the dhcp setting and i think what happened is comcast pushed a software update that assumed the setting were factory messing up my network.  Hey comcast, don't allow me to change if code pushes are going to break it!)

I've had Comcast out twice to look at it.  The last visi was a waste of time. The guy said "just reset all your devices, that is the only solution we have at this time".  (not a good answer). I was also told the entire X1 service had crashed just 4 days before my service call and the tech has been working not stop since then. 

I know rolling trucks is one of the most expensive steps for any service provider to take. Comcast has made 1000's of house visits in the past couple of months costing them $$$.  Not to mention the $$$ they will need to throw at fixing the archetecture / infrastructure. . 

In the end, I believe a constaint / persistance connectivity with X1 application controllers is causing a great deal of the issue. It presumes / demands a consistant response time that is clearly either a.) under designed for the demands or b.) Comcast underestimate the lacancy issues and the impacts it will have on devices.  

(These issues can be difficult to find in a lab environment, difficult to replicate 100K - 1Million connectsion at the same time in a room the size of most peoples living room. If you are having simular problems , you are now apart of a larger , real world test lab Smiley Happy )

I hope X1 team can find and resolve the issues. My family is growing tired of it and asking about U-verse or Direct TV.  I'm frankly tired of being my own comcast tech and being mr IT in my house.

My offer to you Comcast, in an effort to resolve the issues quickly,  I'm willing to be a test site for new code pushes prior to a broader deployment. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 376 of 2,168 (7,548 Views)

Still having these same problems.

When are things supposed to go back to normal?

DGAF1 wrote:

Issues over the last 10-14 days:

X1 unresponsive to remote inputs (X1 green light flashing with remote inputs, not a battery issue)

Fast Forwarding gets stuck, play/pause does nothing

Info/Play pop up messages stuck over the screen for several minutes at a time 

DVR recordings only playing a fraction of the length indicated on the DVR (sometimes only 10 minutes when it shows it should be 60)

Resetting, rebooting, power plug pulling fixes for a hour or so, then back to the same issues

Wifi stalls out periodically (1-2 times noticed per week)

Very Frustrated

Posted by
Visitor

Message 377 of 2,168 (7,546 Views)

have the same issues

-lip sync

-act like double or more button presses

-takes long time to change channel

this always seems worse in the eventing

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 378 of 2,168 (7,502 Views)

ComcastGwen It's going on 2 weeks since the problems with the X1 DVR guides and DVR lockups have started. I thought your so called engineers have found the issues? I tried to watch a hockey game last night and had the stupid popup box in the middle of the screen off and on throughout most of the game. I'm sick of paying for this crappy service!! Somebody needs to post some answers ASAP. I'm sure I'm not the only one loosing patients.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 379 of 2,168 (7,486 Views)

Don't blame nothing but problems here and the BOLONY you go thru to talk with a tech is rediculous

dtknipe wrote:

I was considering migrating to X1, but after reading the techinical issues posted on this forum, have decided to wait until Comcast get the bugs out.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 380 of 2,168 (7,485 Views)

03054nhcust wrote:

ComcastGwen It's going on 2 weeks since the problems with the X1 DVR guides and DVR lockups have started. I thought your so called engineers have found the issues? I tried to watch a hockey game last night and had the stupid popup box in the middle of the screen off and on throughout most of the game. I'm sick of paying for this crappy service!! Somebody needs to post some answers ASAP. I'm sure I'm not the only one loosing patients.

is the popup box the sports app or something else?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 381 of 2,168 (7,481 Views)

fisherman-bob wrote:

Don't blame nothing but problems here and the BOLONY you go thru to talk with a tech is rediculous

dtknipe wrote:

I was considering migrating to X1, but after reading the techinical issues posted on this forum, have decided to wait until Comcast get the bugs out.

Bob what are your issues?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 382 of 2,168 (7,460 Views)

So Comcast has evidently decided to go ahead and schedule malfunctions each Wednesday night around 8:00 pm EST.  This is the THIRD Wednesday night in a row that at 8:00 our main X1 box stops working.  Won't do a thing.  Can't even turn it off.  Have to pull the plug for at least 10 minutes and then hope that you only have to do it once.  So, anything we have set to tape at 8:00 on Wednesdays is toast.  Takes about a half hour to get it rest and running again.  Thanks, Comcast.  Tell me again why I'm paying you $200 a month?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 383 of 2,168 (7,448 Views)

I have also been having problems since installation. Sometimes have to reset the box 4 or 5 times a day; sometimes it restarts itself while in the middle of a show. Volume goes out for no reason and have to unplug/replug to get it back or I get the "No connection to the DVR" message.  My Mocca Diagnostics say this:

(4 Lines- I have the X1 and three other boxes)

266. 271261

Does this seem like a signal issue?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 384 of 2,168 (7,415 Views)

driveway2 wrote:

So Comcast has evidently decided to go ahead and schedule malfunctions each Wednesday night around 8:00 pm EST.  This is the THIRD Wednesday night in a row that at 8:00 our main X1 box stops working.  Won't do a thing.  Can't even turn it off.  Have to pull the plug for at least 10 minutes and then hope that you only have to do it once.  So, anything we have set to tape at 8:00 on Wednesdays is toast.  Takes about a half hour to get it rest and running again.  Thanks, Comcast.  Tell me again why I'm paying you $200 a month?

um... today is thursday

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 385 of 2,168 (7,393 Views)

Did you ever get this resolved?  I keep having the same exact issues where the X1 shows the RDK error and won't do anything.  Reboot the machine and then it works for around 20-30 minutes.  Then begins again.  At the same time, my internet connection goes out.  This is a constant battle. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 386 of 2,168 (7,378 Views)

Yes, I know it's Thursday.  It happened last night.  And last week on Wednesday.  And the previous Wednesday.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 387 of 2,168 (7,329 Views)

gotpizza wrote:

Bob what are your issues?

Shane,

We are expeiencing a rash of HIT & RUN forum members.... wanting nothing more than a place to VENT thier frustrations...

Instead of reading/searching/exploring they would rather shout, complain and curse out those willing to help not realizing that we TOO have or are experiencing the same things they are.  Don't know about you, but this has made me turn away from helping those who we could reach...

Steppping off soap box now.... back to regular programming.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 388 of 2,168 (7,319 Views)

Ray we have all been there at one time. There is a reason that people get so frustrated with Comcast, they are just too big!!

What they need to do re open the call centers in every area they serve. Also they need to have better communication with local dispatch. There is nothing worse than calling the cable company and getting someone who does not even live in your state, and has no local knowledge of outages etc..

I remember the days when i would call Comcast and give the agent my phone number. They would say something like "the line tech Tommy is already working on the issue"! Those days are past. To top that off now we have x1 which when there are server issues the local people may not even know that there are issues with that...It is a mess, and I think it is time they restructure their company.....Starting with the call centers...I would rather wait on hold a few minutes longer knowing that I get someone in my town or even same state...

That is my spin the whole issue!!

Pizza out!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 389 of 2,168 (7,316 Views)

gotpizza wrote:

Ray we have all been there at one time. There is a reason that people get so frustrated with Comcast, they are just too big!!

What they need to do re open the call centers in every area they serve. Also they need to have better communication with local dispatch. There is nothing worse than calling the cable company and getting someone who does not even live in your state, and has no local knowledge of outages etc..

I remember the days when i would call Comcast and give the agent my phone number. They would say something like "the line tech Tommy is already working on the issue"! Those days are past. To top that off now we have x1 which when there are server issues the local people may not even know that there are issues with that...It is a mess, and I think it is time they restructure their company.....Starting with the call centers...I would rather wait on hold a few minutes longer knowing that I get someone in my town or even same state...

That is my spin the whole issue!!

Pizza out!!!

Correct-o-mondo....

Not to mention that in a lot of instances, the existing infrastructure cannot support the X1 and the TECHs shouldn't even bother trying....   IMO, everyone's initial dealings with Comcast begin with the INSTALL.....  an INSTALL that should never have been completed because of issues only adds fuel to the ever-growing fire....

Just my 2 cents worth thrown on top of yours!!!

Have a great weekend Shane!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 390 of 2,168 (7,272 Views)

The only reason I have X1 in the first place is because I called Comcast to complain about my obscene bill.  They worked out a "deal" with me to stay with Comcast, and they would also upgrade my system to X1.  I had no idea what X1 was and he said it is the newest and best they have to offer.

When the tech came out to do the install, the first thing he did was advise me against it due to problems people had.  I should have listened to  him.  I also have a family member who until recently, worked as a Comcast tech and he told me repeatedly how frustrating it was for him how corporate Comast is all about the money, and the sucky customer service begins with the call centers promising what cannot be delivered, and corporate rolling out a product that is not ready for roll out.  It got to the point that he hated his job so much because all it came down to anymore was dealing with irate customers in the field.  And he didn't blame the customers.

I STILL cannot get a person on the telephone to even make a record that I am having issues. 

I really hope the CEO of Comcast reads these posts.  I am paying a monthly charge for my services and EVERY time I try to watch the television, I have to reset my box (I guess you call it "power cycling").  Then it takes 10 or so minutes to start back up again.  And Comcast is charging me for this. 

I really think I should be credited for this.  I am NOT going to read through all of the troubleshooting stuff online.  I do not get paid for this.  I have a job and don't have time to be my own Comcast tech person.  I PAY for this service.  Comcast should deliver.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 391 of 2,168 (7,262 Views)

I moved from Dish to Comcast and got the X1 box and from day one it's been a BIG headache! It freezes practically everytime I attempt to do something i.e. check guide, watch the DVR and any thing else. If I ignore it, it will reboot on its own and then freeze. The tech was out and said it had a good connection and he also saw it reboot itself and freeze in the middle of a show. I hate this and am thinking of returning to Dish as much as I hated it. But at least it worked. I asked for a new box but all I was told was if it messed up again to call back. Huh?!? It hasn't stopped messing up. This is just terrible!!!!!  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 392 of 2,168 (7,263 Views)

droody wrote:

I moved from Dish to Comcast and got the X1 box and from day one it's been a BIG headache! It freezes practically everytime I attempt to do something i.e. check guide, watch the DVR and any thing else. If I ignore it, it will reboot on its own and then freeze. The tech was out and said it had a good connection and he also saw it reboot itself and freeze in the middle of a show. I hate this and am thinking of returning to Dish as much as I hated it. But at least it worked. I asked for a new box but all I was told was if it messed up again to call back. Huh?!? It hasn't stopped messing up. This is just terrible!!!!!  

The tech did not give you a new box, because it is not the box..Something else is occurring. If the signal is truly good than maybe there are server issues in the area!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 393 of 2,168 (7,215 Views)

I have brand new X1 service installed in my new home. There are three boxes. Two work perfectly and one refuses to function.  I've checked all the connections (at least twice!)  I am certain the source/input is correct.  Netflix app works perfectly on the TV  

I've called at LEAST 10 times today and each and every time my call is dropped after entering dozens of digits.  I am ready to stop Comcast service and call another provider.  Any insights???

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 394 of 2,168 (7,199 Views)

BounceHit wrote:

I have brand new X1 service installed in my new home. There are three boxes. Two work perfectly and one refuses to function.  I've checked all the connections (at least twice!)  I am certain the source/input is correct.  Netflix app works perfectly on the TV  

I've called at LEAST 10 times today and each and every time my call is dropped after entering dozens of digits.  I am ready to stop Comcast service and call another provider.  Any insights???

did you call the dedicated x1 support number 877-896-8678 ?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 395 of 2,168 (7,181 Views)

comcast please check log for why  with 12 tuners constantine seas 1 ep 4 aired 11/14/14 did not record. I keep up with series using iphone app  TV show tracker. records at 10pm fridays nbc

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 396 of 2,168 (7,149 Views)

Hi, X1 installed today.  Things weren't working well while the Tech was here, only some channels work, PBS/NBC/ABC/CBS, most channels do not.  On Demand does not work at all.  Tech said wait a while and it should get better, that maybe X1 network was down.

I called up, and they sent another tech out today, but they missed the window so apparently I'll get a $20 credit.  Anyway, I tried using the IOS app to see if I could repair it myself, after reboot it sits on "Preparing your channel lineup..." and hasn't moved off of it since.

This is the new final message I get and can no longer watch any TV:

XRE-03007

The only option is to Restart Now, and I can't do that using UI, I can only get it to retry pulling the plug.  I have rebooted several times and I am unable to get past this.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 397 of 2,168 (7,122 Views)

Ok, after ~2 hours on the phone it turns out this is related to missing billing codes.  Apparently they were never entered so it is throwing this XRE 03007 error code.  Hopefully this helps someone else fix the issue faster.  Since billing isn't open right now I have to wait until the morning to see if this is the actual fix but sounds probable. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 398 of 2,168 (7,080 Views)

I schedule a program recording using the guide and record button....that's usually works well---unless  something intefers with my recording : sports event runs longer than Comcast had in the guide (a common occurance with football games), a power outage, or Comcast sending a refresh signal of somesort.  When this happens my recording is usually a partial recording.  Prior to the X1 platform I would go to "ON DEMAND" and be able to watch the program in question.  Now if i do that I get the partial recording.   

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 399 of 2,168 (7,044 Views)

I have a total of 3 X1 cable boxes (1 DVR, 2 HD). I subscribe to the Anyroom Cloud DVR service which allows all the boxes to have access to watch recorded shows.

The Anyroom DVR service has stopped functioning on the 2 HD boxes. Through the menu on these boxes the option under saved to view recordings is no longer there. This all started when I upgraded my plan from the Double Play Preferred to the Double Play Premier. This happened immediately once the rep sent a signal to my boxes to add the additional channels. The rep was unable to fix the problem and transferred me to support. I have been bounced around since Wednesday 11/12/14 to various departments. I have placed calls everyday since to support / billing / customer care team / x1 team / etc. I have gotten nowhere. At this time I have 10 hours of phone calls invested into getting this resolved. I am beyond frustrated!

To me this appears to be some type of account setup issue. Who can I contact to get help? Has anyone run into the a problem like this before?

As a side note my iPad is no longer able to access my TV content via the "TV APP". Again all of this was working perfectly before i upgraded my account.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 400 of 2,168 (7,060 Views)

i have been restling the same issue for 9 months ish and after 20 plus service visits , and everything replaced 3 -6 times it does the same thing and now another service call wed nov. 19 , this is the same problem that several aquaintenes and family have in my state and 4 other states , , ive had candice in corparate lie to the fcc and tell them the problem was fixed without comfirming it with me , good luck welcome to x-1