Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,680,420

members

28

online now

1,849,429

discussions

Back to Top

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 301 of 2,331
6,747 Views

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 302 of 2,331
6,710 Views

Shayz2061 wrote:

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!


You have 2 X1 boxes in your house.  One is the DVR hub, the other is a 150 satellite box.

 

I'm assuming you're referring to the XG1 DVR box.  The box is currently online.  The signal levels look good too.

 

When you reboot the box, do you see the Xfinity loading screen?  Keep in mind the DVR box has 3 HDMI ports in the back.  Only one (the vertical one) is active

 




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 303 of 2,331
6,701 Views

No service since 3 pm yesterday afternoon.    Unplug, replug, xfinity logo, then "this may take a few minutes".   Then blank screen.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 304 of 2,331
6,678 Views

 

ComcastBrandon wrote:

Shayz2061 wrote:

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!


You have 2 X1 boxes in your house.  One is the DVR hub, the other is a 150 satellite box.

 

I'm assuming you're referring to the XG1 DVR box.  The box is currently online.  The signal levels look good too.

 

When you reboot the box, do you see the Xfinity loading screen?  Keep in mind the DVR box has 3 HDMI ports in the back.  Only one (the vertical one) is active

 


I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 305 of 2,331
6,675 Views
2 hours the tech has been in my home. I've been listening to the Jamaican Comcast technician argue with the Indian Comcast call center when he hasn't been on old. Tech claims the update just knocked my dvr off the billing and it just needs to be added. He laughed at the idea that I was on the phone for 3 hours the other day trying to get it fixed. I'm looking into FIOS while I wait.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 306 of 2,331
50,546 Views
Its been over 24 hours of this rdk-03003 error message and all i get is the run around from comcast they even said they wont credit me for not being able to watch tv guess i really need to check into dish or direct tv. I am over the x1 platform
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 307 of 2,331
6,666 Views

utleyyatm wrote:
2 hours the tech has been in my home. I've been listening to the Jamaican Comcast technician argue with the Indian Comcast call center when he hasn't been on old. Tech claims the update just knocked my dvr off the billing and it just needs to be added. He laughed at the idea that I was on the phone for 3 hours the other day trying to get it fixed. I'm looking into FIOS while I wait.

dedicated x1 support centers are in usa (puerto rico is a backup but not well-trained they assume legacy type box questions)

 

877-896-8678




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 308 of 2,331
6,652 Views

 


Shayz2061 wrote:

 

ComcastBrandon wrote:

Shayz2061 wrote:

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!


You have 2 X1 boxes in your house.  One is the DVR hub, the other is a 150 satellite box.

 

I'm assuming you're referring to the XG1 DVR box.  The box is currently online.  The signal levels look good too.

 

When you reboot the box, do you see the Xfinity loading screen?  Keep in mind the DVR box has 3 HDMI ports in the back.  Only one (the vertical one) is active

 


I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change


all is well have signal

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 309 of 2,331
6,643 Views

Rustyben wrote:

utleyyatm wrote:
2 hours the tech has been in my home. I've been listening to the Jamaican Comcast technician argue with the Indian Comcast call center when he hasn't been on old. Tech claims the update just knocked my dvr off the billing and it just needs to be added. He laughed at the idea that I was on the phone for 3 hours the other day trying to get it fixed. I'm looking into FIOS while I wait.

dedicated x1 support centers are in usa (puerto rico is a backup but not well-trained they assume legacy type box questions)

 

877-896-8678


Technician said the center was in India. I could care less if it's true. He was here 2.5 hours either on hold or arguing with whoever he calls. Nothing was fixed and suggested I call myself. He says the dvr was just knocked off my bill when they did the update and he'll look into it in the morning. I assume it's just another empty promise from the dozen Comcast people I've spoken with these last 2 weeks.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 310 of 2,331
6,611 Views
Robert I had to use component cables instead of hdmi cables I tried two different sets and both ports on the tv and X11 box. I did speak to someone who said the hdmi ports on my tv are bad. They weren't bad before the outage . I have to see if I can get another play station or something to see if it is the ports on the tv or the X11 box . But for now at least I can watch tv. Thanks

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 311 of 2,331
6,595 Views
Our main DVR is working. But upstails box has been showing this error code for three days. Before that it would hang and not respond to remote almost daily. But now even a reboot gets nothing.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 312 of 2,331
6,509 Views

jmartinelli13 wrote:

No service since 3 pm yesterday afternoon.    Unplug, replug, xfinity logo, then "this may take a few minutes".   Then blank screen.


Once the box reboots and you are faced with a black screen, you must initilize the handshake between your cable box and the cloud.  Do this by hitting Xfinity button.

 

If black screen, press Xfinity or Guide button.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 313 of 2,331
6,506 Views

Shayz2061 wrote:

 

I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change


all is well have signal


I'm glad signal is back up.  Did it come back on its own? If not, share with us what you did so other community members can benefit !




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 314 of 2,331
6,471 Views

Thanks, Tech came out this afternoon and replaced our box.  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 315 of 2,331
6,454 Views

For the past month I had to reset the set top box about once every three days.  This past week I had to completely power down the set top box to get it working.  The last two days I have to power down severalo times.  It becomes a real pain when there is a message on the screen telling you to reset and you can't watch TV.  Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 316 of 2,331
6,390 Views

Johnny 8:

We just had three X1 boxes installed this past Tuesday and an hour after the tec left problems began with all three boxes and our telephone and computer.  The computer came back up after a few hours and the phone took all day and many hours on the cell phone with comcast to get phone service restored.  We have and still are experiencing the same problems you are with the X1 boxes.  We have learned how to temp. fix them but at any time they act up again.  The newest problem we have is like you are having when you go to guide and start scrolling up or down you can get 3 or 4 pages down and the thing will automaticaly send you back to were you just started from.  Comcast Tec is scheduled for this morning (8 to 10 window).  My wife and I have side bets on how much they will miss the 10:00am window.  I wish I had been informed by comcast, when we bundeled our services with them , about the major X1 problems they have been having all over the country for many months and particularly in the past few weeks.  One of the worst parts is no matter what time of night or day you call just plan on an hour or more wait and the very likely possibility that you would get diconnected once you began speaking to a live person in some part of the world and even though promised "THEY NEVER CALL BACK".  Good Luck.  Mr. Roberts (CEO of Comcast) needes to get this problem under control or that sucking sound he will be hearing is the sound of  all of his customers exiting.

Robert, Charleston,SC 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 317 of 2,331
6,365 Views

RobertCM wrote:

Johnny 8:

We just had three X1 boxes installed this past Tuesday and an hour after the tec left problems began with all three boxes and our telephone and computer.  The computer came back up after a few hours and the phone took all day and many hours on the cell phone with comcast to get phone service restored.  We have and still are experiencing the same problems you are with the X1 boxes.  We have learned how to temp. fix them but at any time they act up again.  The newest problem we have is like you are having when you go to guide and start scrolling up or down you can get 3 or 4 pages down and the thing will automaticaly send you back to were you just started from.  Comcast Tec is scheduled for this morning (8 to 10 window).  My wife and I have side bets on how much they will miss the 10:00am window.  I wish I had been informed by comcast, when we bundeled our services with them , about the major X1 problems they have been having all over the country for many months and particularly in the past few weeks.  One of the worst parts is no matter what time of night or day you call just plan on an hour or more wait and the very likely possibility that you would get diconnected once you began speaking to a live person in some part of the world and even though promised "THEY NEVER CALL BACK".  Good Luck.  Mr. Roberts (CEO of Comcast) needes to get this problem under control or that sucking sound he will be hearing is the sound of  all of his customers exiting.

Robert, Charleston,SC 


I think what you are having now is not due to the outage. I would see that the tech is looking really close at the upstream/downstream SNR levels and also the up/down signal level on the DOCSIS side of the signal. I think that the server is getting repeat (ghost) commands from the box. Some of the techs have a way to see all the files going back and fourth between the server and box.

 

I know that this all sounds greek, But sometimes when you are armed with a bit of info it can persuade the tech to go further. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 318 of 2,331
6,355 Views

My screen is a lovely shade of burgundy with the not-so-lovely message "We're having trouble connecting the the X1 Platform. This may be temporary so please check back shortly to try again.RDK-03031"

 

Funny it says "may" be temporary because it's feeling pretty permanent. Lately, I'm surprised if I have service, not if I don't. 

 

I have rebooted, as I have had to do many, many times (without success all those times and today) over the last few weeks, and because of illness and disability that is actually difficult for me. 

 

In looking for help, I've seen various apologists suggest I should just enjoy the time with my family or read a book, and while I love doing both, I am paying for this service and at the moment due to serious illness, it's hard to do more than just lie here and watch TV,  which I can't do and rarely can these days thanks to Comcast X1. Typing this message took a ridiculously long time (so long I got logged out the first time, thanks).  

 

Is this an outage? A problem with my box? When might it be fixed?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 319 of 2,331
6,350 Views

JD6852 wrote:

My screen is a lovely shade of burgundy with the not-so-lovely message "We're having trouble connecting the the X1 Platform. This may be temporary so please check back shortly to try again.RDK-03031"

 

Funny it says "may" be temporary because it's feeling pretty permanent. Lately, I'm surprised if I have service, not if I don't. 

 

I have rebooted, as I have had to do many, many times (without success all those times and today) over the last few weeks, and because of illness and disability that is actually difficult for me. 

 

In looking for help, I've seen various apologists suggest I should just enjoy the time with my family or read a book, and while I love doing both, I am paying for this service and at the moment due to serious illness, it's hard to do more than just lie here and watch TV,  which I can't do and rarely can these days thanks to Comcast X1. Typing this message took a ridiculously long time (so long I got logged out the first time, thanks).  

 

Is this an outage? A problem with my box? When might it be fixed?


I would take a look at this map to see if you are in one of the areas. If not you could be having other issues to connected to the outage.....

 

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 320 of 2,331
6,337 Views

Thanks, gotpizza. I actually had done that (thanks to kind people like you, I had that link). It's apparently not an outage, so I am on hold with Comcast, which is actually progress since for the last few days, they were so busy calls wouldn't connect. So it looks like I should get some help or at least an update. Thanks, again! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 321 of 2,331
6,280 Views

Good Afternoon from Charleston:

I like everone else has been singing the X1 Blues and frustrated with the service from comcast but I had a refreshing experience this morning with my scheduled appointment with the comcast Tec.  The time window was 8-10AM and he was here at 8:20.  Very plesant young man who was an actual Comcast/Exfinety employee.  He did a quick walk through and within 5 minutes he discovered a lot of issues left by the comcast sub-contractor who came this past Tuesday to install my new X1 systems , phone service and internet.  We have been experiencing serious outages on all services. The phone was down becasuse it was never connected to the modem by the first  tec. Tuesday. The internet resolved itself before we got to it.  The major problem was the comcast subcontractor Tuesday was to install 3 new X1 Boxes of which 1  would include DVR capabilities.  He installed three boxes but all 3 boxes were regular slave boxes and none had DVR .  The comcast tec today discovered that early and changed out one box with one that had DVR but then there was a major problem with the 3 boes were out of sinc with how comcast had them identified which would not allow the boxes to operate properly or at all.  It took 2 1/2 hours of hard work between the tec here and his support people over the phone before they got it operational.  The young tec was extremely nice and informative and went through all the systems with my wife and I until we were comfortable.  As a 40 plus year business owner and contractor it always the same.  If you send the right peope the first time to do a job it makes for much fewer problems.  My hat is off to the young man who cleaned up this mess.  Just hope it stays working.

Robert - Charleston, SC

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 322 of 2,331
6,265 Views
Day 7 of the outage. I think the website has told me they expected to have it resolved at about 20 different times. Spent some time last night on chat. Rep restarted my box. Wow. The one interesting thing is that my dvr manager on the website shows 5 boxes connected, the rep was showing four and when the truth is I have three. Boxes all show live tv and on demand works but still no dvr. The rep says I'll be getting a credit from Nov. 2 until whenever this is resolved but honestly, I don't believe anything I'm told by Comcast at this point.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 323 of 2,331
6,251 Views

utleyyatm wrote:
Day 7 of the outage. I think the website has told me they expected to have it resolved at about 20 different times. Spent some time last night on chat. Rep restarted my box. Wow. The one interesting thing is that my dvr manager on the website shows 5 boxes connected, the rep was showing four and when the truth is I have three. Boxes all show live tv and on demand works but still no dvr. The rep says I'll be getting a credit from Nov. 2 until whenever this is resolved but honestly, I don't believe anything I'm told by Comcast at this point.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Comcast-s-New-Customer-Experience-VP-Apologizes-For-Outages/td-p/239...




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 324 of 2,331
7,006 Views

Johnny_8 wrote:

Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????


I see you have some flux in your Upstream Receive power.  Id be curious to know how your system responds when this is corrected.  Let me know if you want me to help send a tech out.

 

Brandon




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 325 of 2,331
6,983 Views

Johnny_8 wrote:

Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I have exactly the same problem. It can occur with any remote button -- press it once, and the system responds as if you've held the button down. It's especially noticeable on the Last or the Channel +/- buttons. Happens 3 or 4 times/day.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 326 of 2,331
6,964 Views

Our remote is possessed.  No matter where your hand is, when you hit the ffw, rwd, or exit buttons, a 2 or 3 comes up like you're trying to change the channel.  Makes no sense at all.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 327 of 2,331
6,962 Views

driveway2 wrote:

Our remote is possessed.  No matter where your hand is, when you hit the ffw, rwd, or exit buttons, a 2 or 3 comes up like you're trying to change the channel.  Makes no sense at all.


Buy Duct tape! It is Your friend.....

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 328 of 2,331
6,952 Views

I'm still having occasional problems with the Guide.  A few touches of the right arrow trying to navigate will just send the guide back to the present.  Sometimes it will let me go forward and sometimes it won't.  

 

What next - locusts?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 329 of 2,331
6,944 Views
Since one of the latest firmware updates, you've broken surround audio. Every time I play a new recording, fast forward, etc audio reverts to stereo! I HATE THIS! It's like we're back to the beta software at launch. FIX IT. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 330 of 2,331
6,922 Views
So I've had Internet for a year and no TV service. I recently decided to get the x1 and my tv service is spotty and my Internet drops all the time. I have one line coming into the house and two TV boxes and the internet modem.. I assume the problem is to much draining on the one line. Is this a fair assessment and should I have a tech come out?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 331 of 2,331
6,886 Views
So I've had Internet for a year and no TV service. I recently decided to get the x1 and my tv service is spotty and my Internet drops all the time. I have one line coming into the house and two TV boxes and the internet modem.. I assume the problem is to much draining on the one line. Is this a fair assessment and should I have a tech come out?
_____________________

I would get a tech out, your modem and DVR are barely in spec and your secondary box is out of spec on the downstream, and way lower than it should be for the set up you have. You can also double check your configuration, and remove any extra unused splitters ( if any) before calling in.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 332 of 2,331
6,870 Views

new issue today (happens to be on x1 on C version). the "B" PIP while on guide instead of being PIP is just an unshaded part of the channel (lower rifght hand corner). I had previously only seen this mistake of PIP on recordings of SD channels like MEtv and TVlland. New errors?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 333 of 2,331
6,833 Views
Thanks Andrew. I'll call in now. Like I said I was a happy customer for a while till I added more stuff. I just think I'm not setup for it yet. Thanks again.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 334 of 2,331
6,829 Views
Day 8 of the outage. No end in sight. According to the comcast website I am no longer a triple play customer having dropped the internet service that I'm using right now. I also have a self install kit on the way that I did not order according to the site. I used chat to talk to a rep and got different explanations on different days, one telling me there was no outage. I get different answers on the phone. I got a different explanation from the tech who arrived that I didn't request but that comcast offered to send. I'm at a loss at what to do next except to drop the service.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 335 of 2,331
6,823 Views

utleyyatm wrote:
Day 8 of the outage. No end in sight. According to the comcast website I am no longer a triple play customer having dropped the internet service that I'm using right now. I also have a self install kit on the way that I did not order according to the site. I used chat to talk to a rep and got different explanations on different days, one telling me there was no outage. I get different answers on the phone. I got a different explanation from the tech who arrived that I didn't request but that comcast offered to send. I'm at a loss at what to do next except to drop the service.

Personally, I would give it a few more days...COmcast is in process of repairing all of the damage the failed upgrade caused to thier infrastructure.....  That being said, I am sure the correct listings of your services and equipment will again show up in the very near future.

-=Ray=-




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 336 of 2,331
6,816 Views

Issues over the last 10-14 days:

 

X1 unresponsive to remote inputs (X1 green light flashing with remote inputs, not a battery issue)

 

Fast Forwarding gets stuck, play/pause does nothing

 

Info/Play pop up messages stuck over the screen for several minutes at a time 

 

DVR recordings only playing a fraction of the length indicated on the DVR (sometimes only 10 minutes when it shows it should be 60)

 

Resetting, rebooting, power plug pulling fixes for a hour or so, then back to the same issues

 

Wifi stalls out periodically (1-2 times noticed per week)

 

 

 

Very Frustrated

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 337 of 2,331
6,809 Views

DGAF1 wrote:

Issues over the last 10-14 days:

 

X1 unresponsive to remote inputs (X1 green light flashing with remote inputs, not a battery issue)

 

Fast Forwarding gets stuck, play/pause does nothing

 

Info/Play pop up messages stuck over the screen for several minutes at a time 

 

DVR recordings only playing a fraction of the length indicated on the DVR (sometimes only 10 minutes when it shows it should be 60)

 

Resetting, rebooting, power plug pulling fixes for a hour or so, then back to the same issues

 

Wifi stalls out periodically (1-2 times noticed per week)

 

 

 

Very Frustrated

 

  


 

You are not alone in this...it affected ALL of us.....

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 338 of 2,331
6,793 Views

Pbizkit wrote:
Thanks Andrew. I'll call in now. Like I said I was a happy customer for a while till I added more stuff. I just think I'm not setup for it yet. Thanks again.

You probably need a "zero loss" splitter. If they just installed it with a passive splitter, you're probably getting too much signal loss, especially upstream. The X1 STB's have a cable modem inside, so they're very intolerant to low signal.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 339 of 2,331
6,785 Views

Hey, CV, long time no see!




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 340 of 2,331
6,752 Views
It still is not fixed the signal strength is dropping in and out, the speakers are making loud popping noises, video is going to black screen, coming back on, going to blue screen and no signal messages, video is staying off a few secondss to minutes at a time. If I try to use xfinity app to check for outages, make repairs or refresh device nothing happens. If I restart device it may work okay for several hours or less than 10 minutes. It gets annoying trying to restart the device several times a day.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 341 of 2,331
6,732 Views

I'm having an issue where one of my X1 companion boxes keeps resetting itself (overnight) to 480i output on my HDTV.

 

It's connected to a 720p HDTV via HDMI and I set the the output manually each day. Funny thing is when I set it back to 16:9 720p (or 1080i/p) the screen comes up in 4:3 format until I restart the box. Once that's done it's fine until the next day when it's back to 480i again.

 

Any ideas??

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 342 of 2,331
6,682 Views

How do I correct the flux in the upstream receive power?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 343 of 2,331
6,654 Views

Comcast, please help.  Phone system keeps disconnecting me.  You should already have a ticket in your system for my (A) issue below.

Background:  New X1 professionally installed Nov 1st.   Main box plus 3 "slave" boxes.  Was an upgrade.  Got the uber triple-play package.

A -- Next day, we realized not getting all subscription channels. Phoned, confirmed, and agent had to log a next-level ticket.  Claimed resolution by Tues or Wed.  No further contact since.  Still unable to receive Showtime and Cinemax. Perhaps other channels missing too.  I don't know.

B -- Almost always, when trying to access recordings via "slave" boxes, we're told either:  there are none, or, upon choosing one, it says it can't access the main box and to check my connections.

C -- Started watching a recording on main box.  5 minutes in, it started over all by itself.

D -- Using Page-up/Page-down on guide.... Jumps back to current channel after a few pages.  But of course, not always.  That would be too easy.  :-)

E -- Upon logging into xfinity.com support, my main page tells me:  "Your Self-Install Kit will arrive between: JAN 12 - JAN 14."  Huh? Really?

Anyway, I'm seeing chatter on the boards here re noise and amps and such.  Installer checked all my lines and signals and such, but perhaps not very well?

Can I get a check and a service call if necessary?  I've tried phoning to no avail.  System keeps hanging up on me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 344 of 2,331
6,653 Views

Oh, and please don't tell me to reset my boxes.  There's already a circle indented in my fingertip at this point...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 345 of 2,331
6,643 Views

scottslash wrote:

Oh, and please don't tell me to reset my boxes.  There's already a circle indented in my fingertip at this point...


I will not tell you that! I will ask you what city you are in. This help me a bit!

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 346 of 2,331
6,633 Views

Am located in Monroe, LA.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 347 of 2,331
6,608 Views
Comcast, please help. Phone system keeps disconnecting me. You should already have a ticket in your system for my (A) issue below.

Background: New X1 professionally installed Nov 1st. Main box plus 3 "slave" boxes. Was an upgrade. Got the uber triple-play package.

A -- Next day, we realized not getting all subscription channels. Phoned, confirmed, and agent had to log a next-level ticket. Claimed resolution by Tues or Wed. No further contact since. Still unable to receive Showtime and Cinemax. Perhaps other channels missing too. I don't know.

B -- Almost always, when trying to access recordings via "slave" boxes, we're told either: there are none, or, upon choosing one, it says it can't access the main box and to check my connections.

C -- Started watching a recording on main box. 5 minutes in, it started over all by itself.

D -- Using Page-up/Page-down on guide.... Jumps back to current channel after a few pages. But of course, not always. That would be too easy. :-)

E -- Upon logging into xfinity.com support, my main page tells me: "Your Self-Install Kit will arrive between: JAN 12 - JAN 14." Huh? Really?

Anyway, I'm seeing chatter on the boards here re noise and amps and such. Installer checked all my lines and signals and such, but perhaps not very well?

Can I get a check and a service call if necessary? I've tried phoning to no avail. System keeps hanging up on me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
_______________________

Scott, check your private messages.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 348 of 2,331
6,536 Views

We had Comcast service for 30+ years on the East Coast and NEVER had an issue with it.  Loved it.  Moved to Napa CA and we are making up for all the problems we never had back East.

 

Shortly after moving here, we had to move into a temp. apt. due to the earthquake as the home we were moving to was condemned.  Got settled in the temp home and had Comcast internet, phone, and cable TV installed there on 9/20 by a comcast tech.  Were able to  move into a more permanent apt. on 10/9 - techs came out and re-installed all of the services and I can pretty much count on one hand and have fingers left over the number of days that we have had all 3 services function.  We have had numerous tickets, numerous re-initializing of boxes, have had techs out several times, had all of the boxes and modem switched out (after they switched out all of the cables)...  it's been one major problem after another, and with many days of no service of one or more of the features we are paying for.

 

For the past 4 days, internet has been spotty... slow when it does work, and drops me frequently.  If I disconnect from my network and re-connect, it will usually work for 1/2-1 hour at most and then I am dropped again. Often, I get dropped every 3-10 minutes for a couple of hours. This affects two different computers equally.... and we've tried rebooting, turning off and restarting....  it's really a problem.

 

Today, the companion box for our second  TV is not working properly. When you turn it on, you get the bar across the bottom that shows the time and how far into the program you are, and the channel logo, but the screen then turns black, no sound, no video.  However, if you go to Xfinity and access the DVR recordings, they play just fine.

 

We did all of the usual trouble shooting stuff - checked connections, unplugged and replugged, etc.  Nothing worked. Called to get the signal refreshed...  the tech wanted to walk me through the unplugginhg stuff again..... said been there done that, please just give us a refresh signal.  She tells me that they are not able to refresh signals or re-initialize boxes because their system is down!

 

Is there anything else I can do?  I thought there was a code I could enter on the remote to refresh... perhaps I am totally mistaken? And is there anything I can do to get the internet more reliable.  We have another brand new computer on our network and that one is having the same issues... so it's not just my computer.

 

Thanks for any guidance.

 

Cathy - American Canyon (Napa County) California

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 349 of 2,331
6,523 Views

Cathy  and Steve

We have been going through the same drama with comcast. The only answer is fix a couple of bloody Mary's, Champagian, wine or bourbon and stay on the phone with those people in "ABAADADO" or where ever they are at and be prepared to listen to the lies and promise.

We had our X1 boxes installed one week ago and have gone through the trouble and heart ace that everyone else has using X1 systems.  Just Saturday the Xfinity/Comcast rep came to our home and spent 3 hours changing boxes, taking to his support staff and replacing line connections outside the house.  Everything was fine when he left and we were perfectly happy.  Yesterday it all started back up again.  No sound, or no picture, unable to move from ch. to ch., no control from the remote.  When I called Comcast and finaly got a real person, although it was hard to understand them, as I don't speak "ABADABDO", they told me their systems were down and they were unable to do anything to help our problem.  I believe that is the latest answer that they have been directed to give the thousands of complaining customers.  We are on our owne and the only thing we are able to do is re-boot 3 -4 times a day. " HOW COULD THEY HAVE ROLED OUT SOMETHING THAT IS SO INCREDIBALY FLAWED TO A LOYAL CUTOMER BASE".  Mr. ROBERTS (ceo of comcast) get of of your duff and get this mess that you allowed to happen, resolved or resign.  I'm sure you might beable to get a job at TOCO BELL.

Robert - Charleston, SC 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 350 of 2,331
6,509 Views

 

I don't understand why you except the poor customer service, poor installation and all the heart ache from Comcast when you are paying your hard earned money to them. Go else where asap.