members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 251 of 2,365

YoYoSpin wrote:

Hope to get a Comcast Tech response here...I've had this X-1 system installed for 2 weeks...main DVR plus three remote set top boxes.

During the first week, the three set top boxes froze/stopped working 6 times, requiring a un-plug re-boot 5 times and a call to Comcast to send a reset signal once. Discovered that if the set top boxes are manually turned off (press the green lighted button on the right of the box) after use...no more freeze up issues. I suspect that if the set top boxes are left on all the time, as they are apparently intended to be, they will overheat and cause the freeze up issue.

Now I'm having a similar issue with the main X-1 DVR...froze up twice in the past week, both times fixed by a un-plug hard re-boot. I could start turning the main DVR off after use as well, however...it's my understanding that if the main DVR is turned off, it will not turn itself back on when a scheduled recording comes up. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?

For your XG1 DVR hub I checked your signal levels.  Everything looks great and is in the green.  There is some Upstream Receive flux, but its not alarming. 

Can you ensure all of the conenctions between the wall plate and box are nice and secure with the coaxial cable?  Same goes for any splittlers / amps in the house

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 252 of 2,365

DiabolicalDave wrote:

I have these same problems but signal strength has been verified as good by two different technicians. I'm in Baltimore. Is it just growing pains as X1 is rolled out?

I'd be happy to check for you again including historical data and neighborhood flux.  You'll need to PM me account info as the your login is not @Comcast.net

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 253 of 2,365

I am confused, the connection status on the xfinity site shows no service interruptions, yet I have not had service for over two days.

I spent 2 hours chatting with first the internet service (who set up a technician visit), then the TV service (who cancelled the same visit). Neither side could connect to my systems after multiple troubleshooting steps. The TV service rep told me that this was due to an area outage caused by trouble with a service upgrade in my area. 

From what I've read here, there's a global issue and it relates to billing? 

Why does the xfinity site insist that I am connected? It has all along. I was able to connect to an xfinity hotspot to check the site and it has shown green light "Connected" all along. Shouldn't there have been some sort of notice broadcast to subscribers that an upgrade was in the works and a multiple day service interruption was possible? 

Where can I see the actual "upgrade" that's in the works?

Will a refund for the service outage be automatic, or do I have to site on the line with retention to get it?

The good news is that the customer service reps on the chat line were very professional and did walk through the troubleshooting steps with me. I could at least imagine that they weren't making rude comments and laughing about my plight in the background.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 254 of 2,365

I have the X1 DVR and one other TV connected in the bedroom.  The smaller box in the bedroom has been freezing up and requiring a reboot / reset.  Every once in a while there is an error code that pops up but I do not recall the exact code.  Last night I had to reset 3 times in a 30 minute or so period.  I have also had to reset due to the box not responding to the remote in the last week.  Today I was watcing on demand in the living room (main box) and my screen went black but I was still getting audio from the program.  Tried to exit the program with the remote and it was not working.  I reset the box and it was very slow when I would try and open the on demand menu's.  It froze up again and would not exit the on demand menu.  Did another reset and again it was extremely slow to respond to the remote.  

The installation was done around August of this year and new cable was ran to both boxes by the contracted tech to make sure everything was up to par.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 255 of 2,365

Also just tried to change the channel and got RDK-03033 error code.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 256 of 2,365

Sixthr33 wrote:

Also just tried to change the channel and got RDK-03033 error code.

call the dedicated x1 support number available 24/7 at 877-896-8678

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 257 of 2,365

Gwen, Thank you for responding, but I have already followed the troubleshooting instructions. Several times. The error code I get is XRE-00088. The only fix is to restart the box, which I have done according to the instructions three times now. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 258 of 2,365

Some issues with DVR all week, recording programs in pieces with gaps.

Earlier today, blank screen until I unplugged box for 10 seconds and plugged back in, initiating reboot. Sluggish since then with interrmitent connection to x1 platform, cannot change channels atm, remote maybe responding minutes later, maybe not. Received an error message I cannot recall nor get to appear again. Video now blacking out interritently.

I spent over an hour and a half, mostly on hold, to speak to two very uninformed people one supposedly in the X1 dept. Final solution, a tech will call you at some point. Error was something like rfk503032. 

Message just appeared on screen apologizing for my issues listing literally a different error each time it appears. Has appeared 3 times so far. It states hit OK to Restart. I hit OK screen, screen goes greyish black, then the message appears again with a different error. Guess I'll try to hold the button down for 30 seconds, second reboot in an hour. I am now feeling like a beta tester.

Second reboot has totally destroyed my slight connection to the X1 Platform, though it was stated this would fix the issue. I am now again looking a a grey screen with no sound.

I'm sure attempting to contact customer service will again involve over an hour long wait with zero resolution, so I guess I just wait for a tech to call...and this has been ongoing for 5 days now? What in the world did they do to the servers?

For the heck of it, tried to get through to the dedicated X1 help line...cannot even get through, busy signal every time.

And another hour later, and another reboot and an RDK-03031 message, and no TV, but one channel that I couldn't change for a little bit, for 4 hours now. No calls back from any tech after some hours. I wish a single other company offered broadband where I live at this point. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 259 of 2,365

Moderated.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 260 of 2,365

Lip Sync Issues on all tv's. Sound is lagging video every day, particularly on recorded programming. What can be done? I pay too much to have poor quality tv.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 261 of 2,365

rprietz wrote:

Lip Sync Issues on all tv's. Sound is lagging video every day, particularly on recorded programming. What can be done? I pay too much to have poor quality tv.

lip sync fixes: pause then restart, if not fixed press power button and release. light goes out. press again. 

for x1 problems call the 24/7 dedicated support centers at 877-896-8678

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 262 of 2,365

i can imagine those things that your company stating to try working, but when the they do not work and you have done all that were advised to do and then you make an attempt to contact the professionals, ie: customer service, for assistance and you are told you are a preferred customer and yet you are unable to get through after 10 attempts. and each attempt you are disconnected from the call on Comcast's side, it is very difficult to remain loyal to a company that has a great product but no customer service quality, we are people as are you are, we only want to be treated as people that actually have a problem and not a number.  take it from a guy that has worked call centers for a very long time, the culture of the call center customer service rep has gone from quality work to quantity and that's where my problems lie with your company, if your competitor's could offer me the lower service but better customer service i would jump to their service in a heart beat, but since your competitor's are just as messed as you are i don't see the point to the hassle other than maybe emailing the CEO, COO and anyone else i can, such as news channels and newspapers in the Chicago Land area to get our point across as a customer who wants quality customer service as well as a great product.  you have one of  the best products in my area, but sorely lacking when it comes to the quality customer service.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 263 of 2,365

video keeps cutting out, but we keep audio

sometimes the video pixellates

sometimes the audio cuts out too

getting errors rdk-03031 and rdk-03032

unplugged the cable box both times, waited 30 seconds and plugged back in

still having problems with pixelation, video and audio cutting

some channels seem to be worse than others

tried calling support, keep getting hung up on

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 264 of 2,365
My X1 has been giving me a lot of trouble today. I have rebooted it 3 times. Right now I cannot delete a program off the darn thing. I have tried removing the hdmi cable from off the back of the cable box with no luck. What I going on?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 265 of 2,365

Rustyben, that number you state for X1 dedicated support has been busy for close to two hours now.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 266 of 2,365

What is going on today with X1?  I got a message displayed telling me they k we they were having trouble and telling me to restart.  I did but... the picture will go away and the only way I have be able to get it back this evening is to power down the box.  I have been having problems for 3 days with the box and remote not communicating but now this.  What is goo g on???

Posted by
New Poster

Message 267 of 2,365

I have X1 with sound but no picture. The picture was working 5 minutes ago. Help!? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 268 of 2,365
Hello, Gwen? Gwen? Any plans to post a new message about the latest widespread X1 outage on your website?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 269 of 2,365

X1 was not working properply. Unplugged all cable boxes. Now all cable boxes EXCEPT the primary X1 box is working. The primary box says "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform. This may be temportaty so polease check back shortly to try again." "RDK-03031"

HELP

Posted by
New Poster

Message 270 of 2,365

I powered it off and unplugged the power cord from the back of the X1 box, let it sit for a bit and plugged back in - did this 3-4 times before it finally came back to life and seems to be working for the first time since issues started 6 hours ago?! I'm still on hold on the phone - at 28:50 and counting right now... Have learned that customer service definitly isn't one of Comcast/Xfinity's strong points!!! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 271 of 2,365

How do I get my X1 Platform to connect? I have tried unplugging about 5 times now and it won't do anything besides either tell me to please try again or to reset the box. Different codes pop up - RDK-03031 is the only one I caught. Help! Beyond frustrating...AGAIN.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 272 of 2,365

We have not been able to connect to the X1 Platform since approximately 4:45 p.m. EDST.  We have rebooted our box over (notice I say over) 10 times.  It does the dance and goes throught the motions and states "connecting to live TV", and then thhhpt...  black screen. 

I understand that we on the East Coast are not the only ones having issues with the "new and improved" X1 platform, but, it seems to be an ongoing problem with connectivitiy.  It is just very, very, very disappointing when you pay an exorbitant amount of money for a service, and there seems to be nothing but problems. 

Our household has been a loyal Comcast customer for over 10 years.  However, their recent  lack of customer service and response to issues (not just this one) is eroding my patience. 

I don't want a satellite dish on the outside of my house, but that may be where we are heading. 

Any answers and assistance from anyone at Comcast, is greatly appreciated.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 273 of 2,365

Worst Customer service ever. 3 times I was with them today and nothing is fixed, in fact, it's all far worse with X1. Was promised it would be good by 6pm, it's now 7:30. Chat doesn't work on the site anymore and the phones are disconnected, very classy. I used to laugh at those Direct TV commercials saying 99% connection rate, but since I'm around 80 for the last 4 days, I'm 99% sure I will be trying them. To disconnect CS when things are bad is BS and you don't deserve my business Comcast.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 274 of 2,365
Having similar issues with our X1 service today. Unable to connect to the X1 platform sorry try again error message RDK-03031.
Box also popped up an error that said were having trouble with the X1 service reboot now?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 275 of 2,365

I concur, should have to constantly be going behind my components to unplug cords and wait 30 seconds to reconnect only to receive a continuous message of "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform".  I've been a customer of Comcast for 72 days now and this is the 6th outage of substantial time (30 minutes or more) that has occurred.  Wish that FIOS was in this area (had it for 5 years) prior to relocating here to NJ and only 1 outage of over 30 minutes in all that time!!!  Comcast, this is not acceptable!!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 276 of 2,365

SHODDY SERVICE.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 277 of 2,365
Same here. Company non responsive.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 278 of 2,365

First couple of weeks were great with the X1, now nothing but trouble! No service at the moment? Comcast phones busy signal? Keep having to reset box, constant issues with on demand, pixalation problems on Certain HD CHANNELS? Had no problems with last and latest service b4 X1? Thanks for all the trouble COMCAST?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 279 of 2,365

I'm in Arizona and am experiencing the same service unavailability of my X1 system. I also had a very nice customer service rep from the non-X1 side of Comcast try to help me but he quickly recognized that, since I was using the X1 service, that he needed to send me to the X1 customer service rep. He actually called me back and said he was transferring me to them. But the transfer was met by silence. I finally hung up and have been trying to reach anyone in Comcast's customer service department by dialing the main customer service number but they are now down as well.

I've only had this service for 6 weeks but I feel like many of you that I'm being used as a beta tester for this system. It has many bugs and lacks many of the functions of my legacy system.

Does Comcast ever post replies or status reports on these forums? Or is their another website that I should go to in order to see their posts? My own account page says that all of my services are connected and are fine. Clearly that page is not accurate.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 280 of 2,365

I also wish there was some type of communication since early this afternoon on Comcast's part. No responses or information here from Comcast staff in hours it seems.

The person I talked to in regular customer support only knew it was an X1 connectivity issue, and transferred me to the dedicated X1 support line, after about a half an hour on hold. The person who I talked to there, after a 45 minute wait that I was told would be a 10 minute wait, had nothing further to offer than, "we'll have a tech call you". That was at least three hours ago. 

Randomly, I unplugged the HDMI cable from my TV, the power cable from my box, and the power cable from my modem/router, that last for no logical reason. I then walked away, and 5-10 minutes later plugged in the modem. Then after that was up and running, I plugged in the HDMI cable and finally plugged in the box. Coincidently, or amazingly, this seems to have worked. Cable is fairly functional except for the DVR, which does not respond to any attempt to record anything at this point. At least the TV is finally working after 5+ hours.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 281 of 2,365

Same issue here in CA.  Rebooted 4 times, no change RDK-03031.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 282 of 2,365
I have problems with my voice/visual going out at same time. Reset modem. Reset X1 box. No resolve. Not happy. Any and all assistance please.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 283 of 2,365
We have one DVR and two remote boxes. Have had constant problems since 10/31. Remote boxes freeze and disconnect. Today main DVR rebooted with no one home. Got home and couldn't get shows to play and ffwd wouldn't work. Rebooted and it worked for 30 minutes. Then froze. Rebooted 4 times and it still won't connect. FINALLY found Comcast phone number buried on the website. Recording said they were too busy and I would need to call back. I am beyond frustrated. No other company would get away with this. I can't even get a service scheduled!!!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 284 of 2,365

I am so beyond frustrated. We have been without use of our TV since 4:30 today. Unbelievable the lack of service we are given. I understand that there is a wide issue not only in MD but in other states as well. This X1 product should never have been released. It seems that is jsut is not ready and in a workable form. I wish I had never been talked into taking this product. It is the worse thing ever. I cannot get through on the phone. I am put on hold while connecting and then that gets dropped as well. Earlier you could not even get through. The call stated they were experiencing technical difficulties with the calls as well.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. All person suffering from this issue should be given a refund for this frustration.

If Comcast was not my only option where I lived, I would switch to something else in a hearbeat.

NOT GOOD COMCAST.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 285 of 2,365
Our DVR is disconnecting and erroring out and wanting to restart multiple times today we can hardly even use it. We are on the West Coast in Northern California. It's been foggy all week and it seems to be getting worse.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 286 of 2,365

Comast needs to get some stability to this X1 platform now. We've had this service now since April and have had problems with not being able to access recordings on the DVR from the bedroom and family room. Now we are experiencing these national outages. What's going on? Makes us want to downgrade the service to just normal cable boxes. Is the only DVR service now X1?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 287 of 2,365

i dont like xi at all have had nothing but trouble sense i but in contract or not im thinking going back to what i had at least i didnt have problems like this i cant even get any one on phone to help 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 288 of 2,365
Terrible. Why are phone lines disconnected, and chat is disabled?! Comcast posted something today saying that representatives were available via chat, but they aren't.

This is unacceptable! Every customer should see some sort of reimbursement for this!

Is there a time frame as to when we will have service again?!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 289 of 2,365

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 290 of 2,365
Have you found a solution? I often lose surround also. I have to go to the x1 menu, select stereo, then back to suround to fix it. Very annoying and it happens several times per week.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 291 of 2,365
I've had three techs out here and all the connections in my house redone and tested, I still have nothing but problems.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 292 of 2,365
Wait! I wish I did.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 293 of 2,365

Lip Sync is terrible on X1. Thinking about goinbg back to regular cable service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 294 of 2,365

Having the exact same issues as cag.  Technitian installed removed all old spliters. Installed new to X1 and modem. No more than 20ft of cable to each device. PC downloas/ uploads speed tests adaquate and in spec. tech did run signal test on install. Getting rather tired of constant resets. Just about ready to "can" this thing and go back to old On demand box that worked flawlessly for quite a number of years.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 295 of 2,365

Same problem in Maryland, I don't even call anymore. Waste of time, even when you get someone to answer.

Rick

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 296 of 2,365

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 297 of 2,365

I have the X1 dvr and hd boxes since October 24th and the service is horrible. It freezes all day, every single day since i got it. I really hate the service. I will be switching back to the regular DVR service if Comcast doesn't fix the issues.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 298 of 2,365

We are having the very same problems, slow response, no picture at times and no sound at times, can't change ch. at times and this is going on with 3 of the 5 tv's that have the X1 boxes that were just installed this Tuesday.  It seems from reading these responses this has been a major problem for at least a month or more and "NO ONE" with comcast gave us any indication there was a problem going on with the X1 boxes.  I have been on telephone hold for over 6 hours in the past 2 days the wait time has run from just over an hour and when they transfer you over to the X1 service department I have wated over 2 hours and twice was disconnected once we start discussing the problems and even though they confirmed my telephone number " JUST IN CASE" we got disconnected they could call back "AND THEY NEVER DID EITHER TIME".  If that is customer service Comcasts CEO needs to be looking after business not congradulating himself for making comcast a multi billion dollar business.  They also bundled my home land line phone in the package and at 11:00 AM this morning my lane line service is out and my internet service was also in the package and it was out for over 2 hours as well.  We now have a service rep schedule to come to our home Saturday morning between 8 & 10 .  In the 14 years I have been with comcast they have never, ever made one of those windows.

Robert - Charleston, S.C.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 299 of 2,365

We have been out since last nite, getting source is not connected , and weak signal, can't even connect to my hdmi cable. 

Does anyone have more than one x1 box in their house, we were told you can't.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 300 of 2,365

msdaisyr26 wrote:

It freezes all day, every single day since i got it. I really hate the service.

You have a number of signals that need to be corrected by a technician

---------

RobertCM

Your Upstream Receive is way too high

--------

Disnynut

Right now it looks like your DVR box is off.  But I did see in historical data the Upstream Transmit needs to be adjusted

----

All

Let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling the Trouble Call (TC)

Brandon

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon