New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 2,206

Thanks, GP.

I think I'm OK for now since I can watch live TV from my iMac and MacBookPro using Firefox. I did look for some other related threads, and found one, but it didn't match my case precisely. I found one that works *only* in Chrome, and yet in my case that's the browser that doesn't work. This is a very busy board! 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 202 of 2,206
Hello, here's a brief summary of my issue and what I have tried so far....

ONLY LivingRoom TV is experiencing any issue. All others are fine. Internet also fine as well. Unplugged X1, HDTV, waited 10 secs + , no change after boot up. Tried changing resolution, several different 1080 options and no change. Tried Exit > Exit > Exit > 1 > 0 > 8 > 0 and no change. PLEASE HELP we just got the service and are having issues like this after exactly one week.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 203 of 2,206

KordMcLord

Try going into standard definition first:  exit > exit > exit > 480.  This will cause your box to refresh its video signal from our Cloud.  Once it loads in standard definition, go back to HD with exit > exit > exit 720 or 1080 depending on your preferences.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 204 of 2,206
After swapping my working bedroom box to my living room, and leaving main box unplugged, it worked when I put the living room box back in. Not sure why that did it?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 205 of 2,206

Just got X1 a couple weeks ago and on some channels the sound is not synced up with the mouth.  Its ok on most, bad on some (Disney).  Is this a known issue?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 206 of 2,206

I do apologize for my attitude, but there has been an ongoing issue for well over a month. I have had a tech look at it as well as a no show no call tech situation. I feel bad when i get someone on the phone and i want to light them up, when they personally did not do anything to deserve it. Unfortunately i am paying for a service that i am not receiving. After many phone conversations and repeated steps that do nothing, i am left with a terrible experience that costs me money..

Moving forward, it is live tv on my second box that is a problem. A tech was here, and temporarily "fixed" the problem. He installed a new splitter, and for the moment everything was fine. About two hours later back to the same old no connect error. As of now, i have been without connection on my second box for about 2 days. Unfortunately for me, the second box is the one i watch. the first box does work fine. never been a problem there. I have also disconnected from the splitter and reconnected. This worked once or twice, but as i said, for two days now, ive had no service to this second box.

I would love it if this could be resolved,  but it seems as though it is more work than it's worth, when i can have my box removed and stream cable on my pc.

So far, i have refreshed, unplugged for 30 seconds, unplugged from the splitter, unplugged coaxial from back of box, talked to several tech reps, and had a tech replace the box and splitter. nothing has worked for more than a couple of hours. This has been ongoing for about two months. I understand that this system isn't the old plug and play that cable once was, but yet i am paying for a service that isn't what was advertised or sold to me. There isn't any problem with comcasts connection to my bill. My frustration is growing, and the only solutions i see right now is fixing it, or cancelling the service. I'm sorry if i seem unreasonable, but this is not fun on my end. I would love to resolve the issue because i do believe that a properly functioning x1 is a great service, but what ive had is far from that.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 207 of 2,206
 "Try going into standard definition first:  exit > exit > exit > 480.  This will cause your box to refresh its video signal from our Cloud.  Once it loads in standard definition, go back to HD with exit > exit > exit 720 or 1080 depending on your preferences."

I had the same issue with my X1 HD box on an HD TV after a recent update was released. This fix worked perfectly.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 208 of 2,206

KordMcLord

Not sure exactly why the reboot helped.  Other agents on my floor have noted the reboot helps some customers with the picture issues.  In any case, I'm glad its working for you

---

Nelson

I sent refresh signals to your box to help with the audio synch.  If that doesn't help, try unplugging the audio cords that connect your cable box and TV (HDMI or component) for about 15 seconds then plug it back in

--

jCassell

Thanks for the kudo!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 209 of 2,206

I have the X1 system and when I hit the last button on the remote switching between a TV channel and a recording on the DVR the black background image of the last button function stays on my TV ( the icons for the channels go away) making watching a recording unbarable. Any thoughts on how to clear this up. It's not a function of the TV because it happens on multiple sets in the house.  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 210 of 2,206

eff1927 wrote:

I have the X1 system and when I hit the last button on the remote switching between a TV channel and a recording on the DVR the black background image of the last button function stays on my TV ( the icons for the channels go away) making watching a recording unbarable. Any thoughts on how to clear this up. It's not a function of the TV because it happens on multiple sets in the house.  

This is the tenth post on this today that I have seen. I will send and email to someone to see if they know when this will get fixed!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 211 of 2,206

Thanks gotpizza! At first I thought my TV was going bad.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 212 of 2,206

eff1927 wrote:

Thanks gotpizza! At first I thought my TV was going bad.

I know that feeling. As much as it pains me to say this I would try not to use the last button until it is fixed....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 213 of 2,206

gotpizza wrote:

eff1927 wrote:

This is the tenth post on this today that I have seen. I will send and email to someone to see if they know when this will get fixed!

Pizza,

What XRE and what boxes are all these posts associated with?   You know where I live and honestly, my STB has the 10/22/14 update and does not have this, my DVR still has the 10/15/14 update and also does NOT have this happen...

I am wondering if some system upgrade ( gone terribly wrong ) is having an effect on the actual signal for that command...

Call me "curious"

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 214 of 2,206

gotpizza,

My XRE is 1.47.04 10/22/2014 with protocol 2.80. Not sure of device model but it is a X1 DVR with STB timestamp 10/15/2014.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 215 of 2,206

The model name is on the front next to the power button.  It's hard to see.

eff1927 wrote:

gotpizza,

My XRE is 1.47.04 10/22/2014 with protocol 2.80. Not sure of device model but it is a X1 DVR with STB timestamp 10/15/2014.

Thanks for your help.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 216 of 2,206

Model is XG1-A.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 217 of 2,206

Ray my pace blue is still running 46.6 as of yesterday, the arris has been on 47 for some time...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 218 of 2,206

eff1927 wrote:

Model is XG1-A.

The issue you are having is a new issue on that xre version, I have reported it to the people who work in that arena. As soon as I know something I will let you know. Or maybe that person will report on it within this thread, which ever comes first....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 219 of 2,206

gotpizza wrote:

Ray my pace blue is still running 46.6 as of yesterday, the arris has been on 47 for some time...

So wierd....  opposite sides of the state, yet my Arris is stuck on 10/15 while my Pace is on 10/22...    SO wierd !!!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 220 of 2,206

Ray you can blame Adelphia for that!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 221 of 2,206
I am have a problem with only get a picture in the upper left conner of the tv almost like Pic and pic
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 222 of 2,206
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 223 of 2,206

I am seeing a weird issue when I FF on DVR. It goes fine for a second then it speeds up the FF really, really fast for just being 2x. Any ideas why this is? Just started about a few weeks ago.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 224 of 2,206

gotpizza wrote:

Ray you can blame Adelphia for that!

Pizza,

OMG.... a "Blast-from-the-Plast" reference.... However, you are certianly correct with that statement....  Adelphia was notorious for NO outside plant maintenance and COmcast only inherited the problems when they took over.    For Comcast's credit though, I am always seeing trucks replacing outside lines ( pole to pole ) so they know the problems, just may take a long time in fixing all of them...

BTW:  My DVR DID IN FACT have the 10/22/14 update installed when I got home last night  ( one of my OCD perverions is to check the ABOUT section on each unit every time I get home ).

Finally I will get the exapanded Actors/Directors/Movie Ifno BAR ...... it was one of the most important things I enjoyed with my old DirecTV setup.... having the aility to view all of the movie's credits and stars....    

I am a HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!

Have a great weekend even though you may be in the 40s over on your side of the state SUnday mornirng!!!!  <brrrrrrr>

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 225 of 2,206

bring it on! my A\C is still on!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 226 of 2,206

jclark7975 wrote:
I am have a problem with only get a picture in the upper left conner of the tv almost like Pic and pic

Use your remote and enter exit-exit-exit-4-8-0.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 227 of 2,206

hello,

I have two X1 HD DVR's and up till the lastest 147.04b update my wife and I were content with the way they functioned together.

Here is our layout. My wife's DVR originally was setup to be the wholehouse DVR communicating with a client reciever in the Master Bedroom. When she retires for the evening she can continue to finish watching her programs.

My DVR labeled Living Room was not, nor wanted it to be part of the wholehouse system. I simply wanted it to be its own entity.

Now with this supposedly fantastic update where both DVR's are now to be combined nothing is working as it should.

My Wife's and my scheduled to record programming shows up on her's and my Schedule folder.

Now here's the kicker, Her Scheduled programming is recorded on my DVR which shows up on my Saved Folder and not Her's. I can see her recording on my DVR's hardrive and she cannot on Her's. Which means if she wants to watch any of Her future recordings she must come to my DVR in the Living Room to watch her recorded programming. this is not going to work for us.

I don't want her accidently deleting my programming nor does she want me deleting Her's. Now, with this new update shouldn't she as well as I be seeing each others saved recordings on both of our Saved Folder?

With this update, at times we record the same program only to watch at different times. Now we are forced to interact together to determine if both of us viewed this program (ONLY ON ONE TV) in order to delete it. In other words, instead of recording the program twice, one on Her's and one on mine, there's only only one recording of this program.

We really don't need a combined 10 tuners, we were happy and content with five each and it worked well for us.

Now my question here is, Is there a way to turn or switch of the Wholehouse feature on the Living Room DVR?

If not, can somebody get this new update to work as it should where my Wife can see Her recordings on Her own TV?

Please don't ask me to call Costumer Sevrvice for I logged in three hours with them just yesterday 10/30/2014 trying to sort this out.

Thanks,

Dean

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 228 of 2,206

flatlander2014 wrote:

hello,

I have two X1 HD DVR's and up till the lastest 147.04b update my wife and I were content with the way they functioned together.

Here is our layout. My wife's DVR originally was setup to be the wholehouse DVR communicating with a client reciever in the Master Bedroom. When she retires for the evening she can continue to finish watching her programs.

My DVR labeled Living Room was not, nor wanted it to be part of the wholehouse system. I simply wanted it to be its own entity.

Now with this supposedly fantastic update where both DVR's are now to be combined nothing is working as it should.

My Wife's and my scheduled to record programming shows up on her's and my Schedule folder.

Now here's the kicker, Her Scheduled programming is recorded on my DVR which shows up on my Saved Folder and not Her's. I can see her recording on my DVR's hardrive and she cannot on Her's. Which means if she wants to watch any of Her future recordings she must come to my DVR in the Living Room to watch her recorded programming. this is not going to work for us.

I don't want her accidently deleting my programming nor does she want me deleting Her's. Now, with this new update shouldn't she as well as I be seeing each others saved recordings on both of our Saved Folder?

With this update, at times we record the same program only to watch at different times. Now we are forced to interact together to determine if both of us viewed this program (ONLY ON ONE TV) in order to delete it. In other words, instead of recording the program twice, one on Her's and one on mine, there's only only one recording of this program.

We really don't need a combined 10 tuners, we were happy and content with five each and it worked well for us.

Now my question here is, Is there a way to turn or switch of the Wholehouse feature on the Living Room DVR?

If not, can somebody get this new update to work as it should where my Wife can see Her recordings on Her own TV?

Please don't ask me to call Costumer Sevrvice for I logged in three hours with them just yesterday 10/30/2014 trying to sort this out.

Thanks,

Dean

The whole house recording was meant to manage all recordings and scheduling by pooling all DVR's and treating them as one giant recording device.  Your DVR was probably separated from your wife's with a MoCA filter attached to the back of your DVR,.  The filter is still doing it's job by not letting her see her recordings that the whole house system recorded on your DVR.  You should probably remove the filter so you both have access to all recordings.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 229 of 2,206
I understand the use of the filter. Actually it was removed by a technician over a month ago so that's not the apparent issue.
Thanks for the response and I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks,
Dean
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 230 of 2,206

flatlander2014 wrote:
I understand the use of the filter. Actually it was removed by a technician over a month ago so that's not the apparent issue.
Thanks for the response and I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks,
Dean

I would send A P.M> over to comcastthomas to see if anything can be done on the backend to turn that feature off. If that wont work you can get a tivo along side x1 to keep them separated!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 231 of 2,206

I've had the X1 Platform since July and there seems to be a major technical issue every month. The system is slugish, and I don't believe it's worth the money. My system has not worked since Friday and a service technician will not be available until Monday afternoon. Error code is RDK-03004. The troubleshooting procedures are not effective.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 232 of 2,206

If anyone is receiving an RDK-00104 Error Message, please see this post:

*Removed*

Thank you!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 233 of 2,206

Please feel free to start your own thread when beginning a new topic

Posted by
Visitor

Message 234 of 2,206
Same here. Service out again this morning. Always with X1 error. We've had our service 5 weeks and the tech person has been out 4 times.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 235 of 2,206

Which error message ?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 236 of 2,206

3rd day in a row same problem no error msg but X1 is lagged 5 to 10 minutes in processing keystrokes like fast forward (watching a lot of dvr today). I'm rebooting now but that has not fixed it before. normally starts some 8 hours from now this is first middle of the day occurrance. again, no error messages.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 237 of 2,206

ok reboot complete normal time to get live. same delay. Server issues locally? nationally? 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 238 of 2,206

National

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Error-Encountered-RDK-00104-RDK-03006-Audio-amp-Picture-Issues/m-p/2...

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 239 of 2,206

ok now that is weird. can't get it to notice (blue led lights when pressing remote) keypresses but the app xFinity TV Remote allows me to 'restart' (from beginning) by dvr manager>recordings>play on tv. the Xfinity X1 remote app works. ok battery was 80%

same 147 version same firmware (rf linked)

ok wierder. did the setup (red changes to green>987 and it switched back to IR. now control works. any attempt to repair brings up the 'help' screen like i pressed 'A" and the press of "xFinity" button to start pairing brings up menu instead.

what the??

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 240 of 2,206

That is weird.  I sent an XRE refresh signal for you.

After you re-pair your remote with RF, go ahead and powercycle the box.  This has worked for me in the past

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 241 of 2,206

got it to re-pair by hitting exit on the X1 Remote App after the setup power changed from red to green and help screen came up. pressing xfinity on the remote brought up the pairing. 

so issue now is .. why did the X1 ignore paired commands as if I had the wrong control, and then why did the process of pairing (setup press until red all-power changes to green) 'press' the A button blocking re-pairing process?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 242 of 2,206
Try this...Comcast has a recording now when you call their 800 number saying to unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and hit exit 3 times and then 720 enter. I did this and it did not work. However, if I did the same steps but instead unplugged the HDMI from the TV, it did work. Hope either works for you and if you find the same as me with the unplugging of the TV and not the cable box, please post so Comcast updates their broadcast recording on their 800 line.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 243 of 2,206

smtnsasy wrote:
Try this...Comcast has a recording now when you call their 800 number saying to unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and hit exit 3 times and then 720 enter. I did this and it did not work. However, if I did the same steps but instead unplugged the HDMI from the TV, it did work. Hope either works for you and if you find the same as me with the unplugging of the TV and not the cable box, please post so Comcast updates their broadcast recording on their 800 line.

called 800-comcast or the dedicated X1 support 877-896-8678 ?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 244 of 2,206
Called 800- COMCAST number and it was a pre-recording after you said you were having problems with your cable service. It stated there was a long hold time due to an X1 HD issue. The recording then said if you had an X1 issue to try what I posted.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 245 of 2,206

why are all the tv's in my house saying ERROR ENCOUTERED  REF CODE RDK-00104

my DVR's have both been messed up all weekend. All my service has been very poor the last 5 days and the wait on hold for a customer service rep has been rediculas.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 246 of 2,206

Hope to get a Comcast Tech response here...I've had this X-1 system installed for 2 weeks...main DVR plus three remote set top boxes.

During the first week, the three set top boxes froze/stopped working 6 times, requiring a un-plug re-boot 5 times and a call to Comcast to send a reset signal once. Discovered that if the set top boxes are manually turned off (press the green lighted button on the right of the box) after use...no more freeze up issues. I suspect that if the set top boxes are left on all the time, as they are apparently intended to be, they will overheat and cause the freeze up issue.

Now I'm having a similar issue with the main X-1 DVR...froze up twice in the past week, both times fixed by a un-plug hard re-boot. I could start turning the main DVR off after use as well, however...it's my understanding that if the main DVR is turned off, it will not turn itself back on when a scheduled recording comes up. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 247 of 2,206

johntrotto wrote:

why are all the tv's in my house saying ERROR ENCOUTERED  REF CODE RDK-00104

my DVR's have both been messed up all weekend. All my service has been very poor the last 5 days and the wait on hold for a customer service rep has been rediculas.

Same problem here - powercycling the DVR's seem to have helped.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 248 of 2,206
Our main box/dvr intermittently stops playing a recorded show in the middle of it and then prompts us to delete the show as if we'd finished it. We have to restart it over and then fast forward to the place we left off to finish it. It's happened dozens of times.

Seems to malfunction a lot. We have to shut it off and let it sit for several minutes and turn it back on every once in a while when it stops responding to our remote.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 249 of 2,206

deleted

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 250 of 2,206

I have these same problems but signal strength has been verified as good by two different technicians. I'm in Baltimore. Is it just growing pains as X1 is rolled out?