New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

BeowolfJones wrote:

There is one glitch that I find somewhat irritating with the DVR. Sometimes when I am playing a series of recordings on the DVR I get a window popping up that gives me several choices to play the next episode.

1. Play DVR

2. Rent for $$$

Why would anyone want to rent a recording they already have recorded for free ? Seems superfluous to me.

How about a Comcast rep getting some action on the forum's spelling checker ? It doesn't work at all now.

Based on the relatively quick responses to issues that have been fixed or have workarounds, I get the feeling that the official reps are restricted from talking about any open issues.  Which makes the forums a bit frustrating.  I can understand not wanting to talk about future products or enhancements, but bug fixes and restoring old functionality isn't exactly a worry for giving away trade secrets...

Regular Contributor

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Official Employee

tctc wrote:

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tctc wrote:

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Cancel, then xfinity, then saved, then select recording, then delete, then delete now, then exit....

Delete used to stop the recording and delete it.

Would be better if you could just delete.  Is that functionality is now gone, or just a temporary effect of the delete bug?

Most Valued Poster

Why do IFTTT notifications show up on the top right and bottom of the screen now?

Any way to turn off voice notifications? Voice notifications are turned off on all boxes but theyre still showing up, for the past couple of weeks now.
Service Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

Re: What to expect from second try with X1

Hello All, 

If anyone still needs assistance with their X1 box, please let me know!

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hello All, 

If anyone still needs assistance with their X1 box, please let me know!

Hi KenF, we have a   PA PX013ANM that when you first turn on the TV, you can sometimes rewind and watch the buffer, and other times there is no buffer (even though you just turned on the tv and haven't changed the channel, etc.).  Is there a setting or something else we can do to make the buffer always accessible?  Thx

In addition to that unit our setup has -

1 PA PX032ANI

1 CI CXD01ANI

1 PA PX013ANM

1 PC PXD01ANI

Official Employee

Tctc, how long has this been going on? I see that your area is currently under some maintenance that is expected to resolve around 8pm tonight. I quickly scanned your account and see that our maintenance teams have been out in your neighborhood over the last few days working on some video issues in the area in general. I'm heading out of the office soon so I will reach out to you next week when I return to see if you saw any improvement. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Tctc, how long has this been going on? I see that your area is currently under some maintenance that is expected to resolve around 8pm tonight. I quickly scanned your account and see that our maintenance teams have been out in your neighborhood over the last few days working on some video issues in the area in general. I'm heading out of the office soon so I will reach out to you next week when I return to see if you saw any improvement. 

We've had some pretty serious connection issues over the last few days, but I don't think it's related to the buffer issue.

The lack of buffer on that one box has been ongoing for at least a couple months.

I was wondering if it might have something to do with which box it is using for a tuner, and then maybe some recordings are also going on, and then someone turns on the tv and it switches to the other box that has tuners, and therefore is the same as changing the channel, and therefore no buffer.  Not sure if that makes any sense, does the X1 detect when a TV is turned on?

Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Noticed this is happening on both the PA PX032ANI and the CI CXD01ANI  (not the PA PX013ANM).

Official Employee

I think I get what you're saying. The answer to your question is yes-- sorta. It was a feature we rolled out in our beta labs where the X1 can detect if a TV is turned off--not necessarily when it turns on. 

I do see a few recorded timeouts on my end from each of your boxes which is a bit unusual. I'd like to provision your cable box, especially the DVR, to see if we see any change. When can I do so? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

I think I get what you're saying. The answer to your question is yes-- sorta. It was a feature we rolled out in our beta labs where the X1 can detect if a TV is turned off--not necessarily when it turns on. 

I do see a few recorded timeouts on my end from each of your boxes which is a bit unusual. I'd like to provision your cable box, especially the DVR, to see if we see any change. When can I do so? 

Is that like resetting it?  I'm not at home, but you can do that any time.

Official Employee

Sweet. I just sent the signals and only had an issue with one of them. When you get home, let me know if you see any changes. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Sweet. I just sent the signals and only had an issue with one of them. When you get home, let me know if you see any changes. 

I'll check it out, thanks.

Official Employee

No problem tctc. If you could do me a favor and restart the cable box before testing it out--that would be awesome. I'll check on you in the morning. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hey tctc, did you notice any change last night? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hey tctc, did you notice any change last night? 

Hi Ken, I didn't notice, it's my wife that generally uses that tv, so I'll check with her and have her try it out today.

Official Employee

Cool tctc, sounds good, let me know. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Any change tctc? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Any change tctc? 

Tried 3 boxes, 2 out of 3 still showed the issue.

When I turned the tvs on, as soon as I hit rewind the channel kind of blinked, basically re-tuning to the same channel, and then the buffer was gone.

Official Employee

Bummer. Did you restart the boxes after I sent the signal yesterday? That was one of the problems I had on my end which may point to an underlying issue, tctc. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Bummer. Did you restart the boxes after I sent the signal yesterday? That was one of the problems I had on my end which may point to an underlying issue, tctc. 

yes, re-started all of my boxes after the signal

will try to test again tonight

Official Employee

OK cool, tctc. I'll send a soft hit to the cable boxes just in case. Let me know if you see a change. If not, we may have to get out there to check things out in person. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Were you able to test again last night tctc? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Were you able to test again last night tctc? 

All 3 non-dvr boxes show the same behavior.  When you first turn the tv on, if you try to rewind the channel "re-tunes", so no access to buffer. Access to buffer then begins right after that.

Official Employee

OK. I want to make sure I'm understanding your issue completely. Are you referring to the cable box being on when the TV is off and then trying to rewind when you turn on the TV? Or is the box off when you turn the TV on and try to rewind? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

OK. I want to make sure I'm understanding your issue completely. Are you referring to the cable box being on when the TV is off and then trying to rewind when you turn on the TV? Or is the box off when you turn the TV on and try to rewind? 

Boxes are always on.  Only TV off. 

Official Employee

Hmm. OK I've checked the MoCa network connections and everything looks fine. There have been a few box errors over the last few days, though. I'd like to send a tech to your home to check out things in person. When would be a good time, tctc? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hmm. OK I've checked the MoCa network connections and everything looks fine. There have been a few box errors over the last few days, though. I'd like to send a tech to your home to check out things in person. When would be a good time, tctc? 

Hi Ken,  Thanks but I was hoping it was some kind of setting or maybe something that you could fix remotely.  If it's somethig that's part of my other ongoing issues I don't want to bother.  I've had maybe 25 techs out over the last 2.5 years trying to fix my intermittent and general slowness issues to no avail.  We've been told there isn't anything else they can do (but revert to the pre-X1 platform), so we're currently just dealing with it.  If someone can come up with a plan of action I would love to have the type of service that many folks on this forum claim to have, but for now I'm just living with the errors and delays.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Do you get buffer with your satellite boxes later after you've changed channels, etc. (just not at TV turn on)?  I do, and I also get it right at turn on, with my main DVR, just not with the satellite boxes.  Even though when you first turn them on you can see the bar going back, as if the buffer is there...

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Do you get buffer with your satellite boxes later after you've changed channels, etc. (just not at TV turn on)?  I do, and I also get it right at turn on, with my main DVR, just not with the satellite boxes.  Even though when you first turn them on you can see the bar going back, as if the buffer is there...

tctc, as I stated above I only have one DVR...no satellite boxes.  Yes I have the buffer when I change channels and always have but  never had the buffer when first turning on the tv.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc, as I stated above I only have one DVR...no satellite boxes.  Yes I have the buffer when I change channels and always have but  never had the buffer when first turning on the tv.

Maybe I'm wrong and don't have buffer immediately on my main DVR, I'll check again...

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong and don't have buffer immediately on my main DVR, I'll check again...

tctc,  I must apologize.  It seems that we do have the buffer on the channel that is on screen when first turning on the tv BUT not always. My hubby said at times he has tried to go back when he turns on the tv first thing and sees something on the news he wants to see but not always. He never told me about it. He doesn't always turn on the tv while getting ready for work though.  Over time I have sometimes tried to reverse  but never thought much about it frankly when it didn't work. After the last several posts on your issue I turned the tv on when I first got up two as I always do and two days in a row there was no buffer. I turned off the tv and turned it back on....still no buffer. However this morning there was a buffer and when I turned tv off and back on....still a buffer. Tis a puzzlement for sure.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc,  I must apologize.  It seems that we do have the buffer on the channel that is on screen when first turning on the tv BUT not always. My hubby said at times he has tried to go back when he turns on the tv first thing and sees something on the news he wants to see but not always. He never told me about it. He doesn't always turn on the tv while getting ready for work though.  Over time I have sometimes tried to reverse  but never thought much about it frankly when it didn't work. After the last several posts on your issue I turned the tv on when I first got up two as I always do and two days in a row there was no buffer. I turned off the tv and turned it back on....still no buffer. However this morning there was a buffer and when I turned tv off and back on....still a buffer. Tis a puzzlement for sure.

Have you noticed a similar behavior - what I see is, there seems to be a buffer (if you just hit info/ok button), but as soon as I press rewind, it appears to "re-tune" to the same channel, and then the buffer is gone...

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Have you noticed a similar behavior - what I see is, there seems to be a buffer (if you just hit info/ok button), but as soon as I press rewind, it appears to "re-tune" to the same channel, and then the buffer is gone...

I don't understand...what happens when you hit info/ok? I am not clear as to how that would show the buffer in action?

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

I don't understand...what happens when you hit info/ok? I am not clear as to how that would show the buffer in action?

Not at home now so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's a button you can press that doesn't erase the buffer, but brings up the progress bar.  And you can see that the progress bar goes back somewhat, like it normally would later on after the TV has been on for a while.  But as soon as you attempt to rewind it "re-tunes" and goes away...

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Not at home now so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's a button you can press that doesn't erase the buffer, but brings up the progress bar.  And you can see that the progress bar goes back somewhat, like it normally would later on after the TV has been on for a while.  But as soon as you attempt to rewind it "re-tunes" and goes away...

The info button does not trigger the progress bar.  From what I can tell only exit,  FF/Pause/RW triggers it to show up.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

The info button does not trigger the progress bar.  From what I can tell only exit,  FF/Pause/RW triggers it to show up.

what about the     OK or up

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Ok does it and down does it but not up. Still not sure about the progress bar/buffer correlation.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Ok does it and down does it but not up. Still not sure about the progress bar/buffer correlation.

Was just explaining the behavior that I see.

when i press OK there is some red line to the left showing that there should be some buffer.  but then when i try to rewind, it doesn't let me access the buffer

Most Valued Poster

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

when i press OK there is some red line to the left showing that there should be some buffer.  but then when i try to rewind, it doesn't let me access the buffer

I believe you!!! I sure hope they can figure it out for you.

Regular Contributor

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

I believe you!!! I sure hope they can figure it out for you.

Actually I may have been wrong, last night when I pressed the OK button it retuned right away before I could see the buffer.  Either way, no buffer on turn on for boxes that I'm pretty sure are supposed to have buffer...

Official Employee

Hey tctc and TerriB, I tried this on my cable box in the office and I have buffer when I turn on the tv. I can rewind successfully the previous couple hours (?) of content when the TV was off. One thing we haven't tried is comparing system settings just to make sure we have similar activated options. 

Tctc, the firmware on your DVR boxes look good and are up to date. I did run a health check on one of your DVR boxes and there was slow packet traffic on some tunnels. Additionally, there are a few T3 timeouts on both boxes (and your modem for that matter) which are a little concerning. Often time, this timeouts represent connectivity issues from the network which might be an indicator of why you aren't seeing the buffer. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: error RDK-03003

Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hey tctc and TerriB, I tried this on my cable box in the office and I have buffer when I turn on the tv. I can rewind successfully the previous couple hours (?) of content when the TV was off. One thing we haven't tried is comparing system settings just to make sure we have similar activated options. 

Tctc, the firmware on your DVR boxes look good and are up to date. I did run a health check on one of your DVR boxes and there was slow packet traffic on some tunnels. Additionally, there are a few T3 timeouts on both boxes (and your modem for that matter) which are a little concerning. Often time, this timeouts represent connectivity issues from the network which might be an indicator of why you aren't seeing the buffer. 

Hi Ken, thanks for looking into it and trying to help.

Yes, I have had connectivity issues since I got X1 in October of 2014.  Slower server response than what others describe almost all of the time, intermittent error messages, and internet drops on a regular basis.  Have had all my equipment replaced at least once, cables re-run, and work done on the drop.  No one has been able to figure out the issue, or combination required to get it going well.  Almost all reps and techs have been super nice, and very confident they could help, but alas no luck so far.  I keep hoping one day maybe something in my local area will change, or a new upgrade will come out and I'll get a better experience.

Last night there wasn't a buffer after exiting a show on the DVR.  That seems to be normal behavior after exiting On Demand (why I don't know), but usually have buffer after exiting a recording.

2 nights ago I had a bunch of old recordings show up in my listings.  Tried playing them and got an XRE-06026 error message.  Pretty annoying when you have several episodes of something like the Tonight Show recorded and you don't know which episode you left off on and have to try to play an episode, then get the error, and that kicks you out of recordings, then you have navigate back in, remember which episode that was, delete the episode, and repeat, until you find a real episode that's actually watchable and on the DVR...

Also, stunningly the delete error is still alive and well.  Looking forward to seeing what useless new updates are rolled out this month instead of fixing the current issues.

Official Employee

Tctc, those old recordings just randomly showed up? Were they on the cloud before? That error code came up for the Tonight Show correct? 

I think this is the first time I've heard about your issues with deleting. Are you able to delete some recordings but not others? Apologies if this is something I overlooked. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Tctc, those old recordings just randomly showed up? Were they on the cloud before? That error code came up for the Tonight Show correct? 

I think this is the first time I've heard about your issues with deleting. Are you able to delete some recordings but not others? Apologies if this is something I overlooked. 

Hi Ken,  Yes, maybe a dozen recordings just randomly showed up.  I rarely look at the cloud, so don't know, it's possible, as when I have checked the cloud in the past it rarely matches my DVR.  They're gone now.  I deleted a few of them that night, and then in the next day or so they were all gone again.

The delete issue is an ongoing issue that's widely discussed in the forums and as far as I can tell has affected almost everyone.  Certain recordings just don't delete, then generally, but not always, go away after a reboot.  Also sometimes it will show you have a number of episodes that is greater than the number that actually exist.

I'll try to attach a photo of the error message I received when I tried to watch the magically reappearing recordings, and one of it showing 6 episodes when there are clearly only 3.

IMG_8252.jpg
IMG_8251.jpg
Official Employee

Tctc,

That's pretty weird. Do you remember the other shows? I'd like to check if they're still on the cloud (if they ever were). 

Gotcha, thanks for catching me up on the deletion issue. Is this something that persists even after a cable box exchange?

I just sent a signal to address the XRE-06026 code. The Today Show wasn't listed so I couldn't push it to that exact program so I sent it to all programs instead. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.