members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2201 of 2,206

BeowolfJones wrote:

There is one glitch that I find somewhat irritating with the DVR. Sometimes when I am playing a series of recordings on the DVR I get a window popping up that gives me several choices to play the next episode.

1. Play DVR

2. Rent for $$$

Why would anyone want to rent a recording they already have recorded for free ? Seems superfluous to me.

How about a Comcast rep getting some action on the forum's spelling checker ? It doesn't work at all now.

Based on the relatively quick responses to issues that have been fixed or have workarounds, I get the feeling that the official reps are restricted from talking about any open issues.  Which makes the forums a bit frustrating.  I can understand not wanting to talk about future products or enhancements, but bug fixes and restoring old functionality isn't exactly a worry for giving away trade secrets...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2202 of 2,206

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2203 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2204 of 2,206

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tctc wrote:

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Cancel, then xfinity, then saved, then select recording, then delete, then delete now, then exit....

Delete used to stop the recording and delete it.

Would be better if you could just delete.  Is that functionality is now gone, or just a temporary effect of the delete bug?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2205 of 2,206
Why do IFTTT notifications show up on the top right and bottom of the screen now?

Any way to turn off voice notifications? Voice notifications are turned off on all boxes but theyre still showing up, for the past couple of weeks now.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2206 of 2,206