New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2151 of 2,206

The series recording problem of skipping episodes continues to be an issue with me. This week I had to manually set 12 recordings for "Murder She wrote" and "Matlock". I thought that it was because they were marked  with the blue "Watched" bar but other shows that were  marked "Watched" recorded as a series recording so that is not the issue. Something on the back end is causing this and it is a definite glitch. This has just happened with the latest release but it may be back end server software related to the cloud that is the culprit.

It is time for a addition to the recording settings that says "all shows" since "New and repeat episodes" doesn't seem to work properly any more.

No news from Comcast to our repeated inquiries about "BufferGate". Maybe we could sic Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford on them. The Ghost of Richard Nixon is laughing.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2152 of 2,206

BeowolfJones wrote:

The series recording problem of skipping episodes continues to be an issue with me. This week I had to manually set 12 recordings for "Murder She wrote" and "Matlock". I thought that it was because they were marked  with the blue "Watched" bar but other shows that were  marked "Watched" recorded as a series recording so that is not the issue. Something on the back end is causing this and it is a definite glitch. This has just happened with the latest release but it may be back end server software related to the cloud that is the culprit.

It is time for a addition to the recording settings that says "all shows" since "New and repeat episodes" doesn't seem to work properly any more.

No news from Comcast to our repeated inquiries about "BufferGate". Maybe we could sic Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford on them. The Ghost of Richard Nixon is laughing.

==

I am sorry to hear that the series recording issue has escalated. I have been lucky lately I guess..
Having said that the 'ghost delete' issue is getting worse and worse.  Tired of syncing DVR over and over.

Come on Comcast....discuss BufferGate with us. Silence is NOT golden.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2153 of 2,206

I have to constantly unplug my main X1 DVR because when I turn on my TV, the image will be frozen on a channel and no matter what I try to do (change channels, access On Demand, etc.) the same image is frozen on screen but the audio does change channels. No other way fixes the issue other than completely unplugging the device and plugging back in. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2154 of 2,206

For the record - the Picture FREEZING issue that we had been having since early Dec 2017 has vanished with this latest update ...  Knock on wood, but haven't experienced the issue for a couple of weeks --  usually had it happen 3-4 times a week before then. Nothing else has changed in our hardware.  Thank you COMCAST !!!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2155 of 2,206

What is the current firmware/software version for X1 Arris DVR? because I'm still experiencing "Frozen Picture/Screen"

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2156 of 2,206

tstack wrote:

What is the current firmware/software version for X1 Arris DVR? because I'm still experiencing "Frozen Picture/Screen"

mine is 2.8p1s1 02/08 / 1.72.07 03/02/2017 found 3/5 

my xg2 has 2.8p1s2 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2157 of 2,206

This last weekend the Hallmark channel started offering a new Mystery series "Monk" . As the channel usually does with a new offering they had a Saturday all day "Monkathon" of episodes. I noticed that they were starting the new week with the same shows working their way through the episodes shown on Saturday. So I decided to test my theory by setting up a series recording for "Monk". I set the recording switch to "All episodes - New and repeat". The DVR proceeded to record every episode all day Saturday.

Now my theory is that the series recording setting skipping episodes is linked to the amount of time since a episode has been recorded once, and then is aired again and should be recorded again even if it has been permanently deleted. So, I deleted all the Saturday recordings and checked My scheduled recordings to see if the "Monk" episodes that should record the next week were indeed scheduled to record. Sure enough they were NOT SCHEDULED.

This is a definite BUG. There is no setting on series recording to correct this BUG. When I set a series recording to record "All  Episodes", that is exactly what I want it to do period. I don't care if I recorded it yesterday and then deleted it. It should record at any time it airs until I set the DVR to do otherwise. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to determine  the cut off date between recording that have repeated recently.  Hopefully, this will get passed on to the Comcast Engineers for correction.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2158 of 2,206

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2159 of 2,206

MikiSunshine wrote:

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?

Maybe TiVo has a patent on this process so Comcast can't offer it any more?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 2160 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

MikiSunshine wrote:

Doesn't seem logical to me. This has been a feature of XFINITY for the last few years, at least. And you can't patent a feature, only how that feature is implemented. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2161 of 2,206

MikiSunshine wrote:

tctc wrote:

MikiSunshine wrote:

Doesn't seem logical to me. This has been a feature of XFINITY for the last few years, at least. And you can't patent a feature, only how that feature is implemented. 

Sorry MisiSunshine, that was toungue-in-cheek, based on some other X1 capabilities that existed then sudden disappearance was attributed to patents...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2162 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

MikiSunshine wrote:

tctc wrote:

MikiSunshine wrote:

Sorry MisiSunshine, that was toungue-in-cheek, based on some other X1 capabilities that existed then sudden disappearance was attributed to patents...

I'm sure a Comcast person has seen the last few posts and has notified the engineers so they can fix it in the next update or two.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2163 of 2,206

Anyone use the TV Remote app? Based on recent reviews on the Google Play store, I'm not the only one who is seeing it lock up when you scroll through listings. This just started recently and someone I know with Cox Contour service, which is essentially the same app via X1, is having the same issue.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2164 of 2,206

I use the X1 TV remote to change channels and see what's on. Much better than the 3 line guide  X1 gives. Now It doesn't show 70% of the shows and my favorites disappeared. I saw mention in the iTunes ratings for the app a lot of upset people. They said it has something to do with an update. Also the streaming app will ask me if I want to delete a show on the DVR after watching it in the app and I chose yes but when I check the DVR it is still there.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2165 of 2,206

I press D at the end of a show when the credits start and I am still getting the delete dialog box. 

However after deleting the show and returning to Recordings, I am getting the three dots that blink forever, and the list of recordings doesn't display.  To get the list back, I have to press another key on the remote and go back to Recordings to see the list.

I agree with the others who have commented that the programming and testing on X1 is very amateurish.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 2166 of 2,206

Our channels keep going back and forth... need to add... we do nothing ....try again channel comes right up.... this is crazy!!!!! Spoke with 2 different agents....NO HELP!!!!!!!!! Have to wait until "someone higher up calls me back"

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2167 of 2,206

until it is fixed, if you have the 3 alternating dots just hit the Xfinity button and saved menu again (works for me).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2168 of 2,206
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2169 of 2,206
Both the Xfinity TV Remote and Cox Contour apps got updates today (Android). Hopefully the lockup issue is gone. So far so good.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2170 of 2,206

hello,

so after this recent update ive found that a recently watched episode does not offe to delete and playte next as mentioned.

However on top of this the deletion bug seems worse. it has been with us since we got x1 (we have had techs, we have replaced cables in the house and we have replaced boxes) bu now the deleted recording stays around and unable to be watched but it also takes up space in the dvr for a recording that was "deleted." can i get some feedback on this please, ive been told that its not a bug and then ive been told that it was a problem that was fixed a long time ago.

have a nice day

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2171 of 2,206

I'm sure a Comcast person has seen the last few posts and has notified the engineers so they can fix it in the next update or two.

OMG...REALLY? They have ignored the delete prompt issue totally after dozens and dozens of posts so you think they have notified the engineers? When was the last time they fixed something they broke ?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 2172 of 2,206
I'm just switching over from u verse and now I feel like I'm going to regret it. I had u verse for almost 4 years. Loved it in the beginning but once I moved to another building nothing but signal lost issues. Att charged me an extra $15 a month just for phone support. Issue worked for about 3 weeks then the same problem returned. Since my contract was up in decided to switch over. Oh well we shall see what happens I guess.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2173 of 2,206

An additional twist to the Delete issue that I've seen is that the program seems to delete / isn't listed any more, but the number of episodes of a show remaining on the DVR does not update to reflect it correctly.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2174 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

An additional twist to the Delete issue that I've seen is that the program seems to delete / isn't listed any more, but the number of episodes of a show remaining on the DVR does not update to reflect it correctly.

Yep thats been going on for a while for me. Also the 'ghost' delete doesn't fix itself overnight like it used to. I am using 'sync' dvr more and more. While recovery from surgery I have been watching a lot of shows and the shows that won't delete (even with the extra steps required thanks to their latest messup)  is amazingly long.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2175 of 2,206

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:

Yep thats been going on for a while for me. Also the 'ghost' delete doesn't fix itself overnight like it used to. I am using 'sync' dvr more and more. While recovery from surgery I have been watching a lot of shows and the shows that won't delete (even with the extra steps required thanks to their latest messup)  is amazingly long.

personally, I wish they would add a voice command "sync DVR'.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2176 of 2,206

Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movines from a usb stick.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2177 of 2,206
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2178 of 2,206

GregRaschke wrote:

Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movines from a usb stick.

We have had sound and video cutting in and out on Fox and ABC for a year. Its very annoying. Live or recording.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2179 of 2,206
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2180 of 2,206

Hi,

The Delete and Watch Next Episode end card issues are fixed in a realease that began rolling out last week. Soon, everyone should see the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Gwen

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2181 of 2,206

ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi,

The Delete and Watch Next Episode end card issues are fixed in a realease that began rolling out last week. Soon, everyone should see the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Gwen

Thats nice to hear,

Can you tell us if their is any improvement on the recording not dleting nd lingering on the dvr issue?

Thank you

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2182 of 2,206
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2183 of 2,206

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  Last October, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am giving X1 another try.  For those that have had X1 since last October, what can I expect this time around?

Here are a few of the issues I experienced last time:

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! :-)

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

9. Giant Play/Pause/FF/RWD buttons on the screen that lingered too long.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Larry

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2184 of 2,206

steely4283 wrote:

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  Last October, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am giving X1 another try.  For those that have had X1 since last October, what can I expect this time around?

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! :-)

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Larry

The guide still does cover the whole screen though there is a button I forget which one it is. It's one of the letter buttons that gives you a picture for a certain period of time. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2185 of 2,206

steely4283 wrote:

Thanks!

Larry

The favorites may have been changed, I don't really use that feature.

I can tell you that none of the actual functionality of the DVR has been improved in 2 years.  And the majority of the forum requests have had no resolution.  And many new bugs have been added.

What you will get is things like Screen Saver options, additional advertising on screen and in the guide, snoozing parental controls, adult badges, a never ending list of features that you may or may not ever use.

Clearly work is being done.  It's just a shame that there's no focus on bringing the DVR experience from the 70s to the modern day.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2186 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

steely4283 wrote:

Thanks!

Larry

The favorites may have been changed, I don't really use that feature.

I can tell you that none of the actual functionality of the DVR has been improved in 2 years.  And the majority of the forum requests have had no resolution.  And many new bugs have been added.

What you will get is things like Screen Saver options, additional advertising on screen and in the guide, snoozing parental controls, adult badges, a never ending list of features that you may or may not ever use.

Clearly work is being done.  It's just a shame that there's no focus on bringing the DVR experience from the 70s to the modern day.

I agree! Comcast keeps adding screen fillers and  'fluff'  targeted at certain user demographics and they just won't address the universally used and now broken or removed functions that make up what should be a basic DVR experience for ALL. Would I rather have a choice in screen saver or be able to see a recording go away when I press 'delete now'? Really?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2187 of 2,206

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

I agree! Comcast keeps adding screen fillers and  'fluff'  targeted at certain user demographics and they just won't address the universally used and now broken or removed functions that make up what should be a basic DVR experience for ALL. Would I rather have a choice in screen saver or be able to see a recording go away when I press 'delete now'? Really?

The recording is deleted, the listing is a ghost. This is not a new issue and not really a deal-breaker. you can refresh it by going to device settings, 'sync DVR'. They will eventually fix the problem, I'm sure.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2188 of 2,206

Yep, Fluff and more Fluff for the smartphone crowd. For whatever reasons we don't get the DVR we want and shouldn't have to expect. I long for the old frame by frame replay on critical football plays. However, it doesn't change the outcome when a ref makes a bad call and it stands. Oh well, to Comcast apparently it's "Much ado about nothing". To us users it's a DVR that doesn't have the capability of a VCR.

One step forward, two steps back.

Bruce Springsteen

The spell checker on the forum is still non-functional !!!! Try it and see.   Skool daze ! (it didn't flag Skool !) DUH !

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2189 of 2,206

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

The recording is deleted, the listing is a ghost. This is not a new issue and not really a deal-breaker. you can refresh it by going to device settings, 'sync DVR'. They will eventually fix the problem, I'm sure.

You are preaching to the choir. Sorry I forgot to use the term 'ghost' delete. I am more than aware of how long its been around as a problem. You may feel that its a minor inconvenience but its a  big deal for many who use the DVR recordings list heavily and end up with entry after entry of 'ghosts' all the time. I have shows that leave a ghost every weekday.....'The View' for instance. Some of us provided examples to Comcast at their request last year but nothing came of it.  So tired of using 'sync dvr' to clear them up. And to make it worse when I try to delete another way by calling up the recording to use delete menu item I  get error message that says my DVR service is not available...REALLY? I am so tired of hearing 'eventually' when it comes to fixing long standing bugs.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2190 of 2,206

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

Yep, not a deal breaker.  And it's just one of a dozen issues that have "workarounds" that aren't deal breakers.  I bet most of us would gladly live with the workarounds if they would just spend their time upgrading the basic DVR functionality instead of new features, mainly fluff.

And the only reason all of these issues don't add up to one big deal breaker is because it's a monopoly and there are no other comparable options.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2191 of 2,206

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

'Sync' has never worked for me to clear out the ghost deletes.  They only go away after a hard re-boot.

And yes, it is a siginificant issue to me as I try to determine which episodes of a series I haven't watched yet and which are ghosts.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2192 of 2,206

tctc wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

Yep, not a deal breaker.  And it's just one of a dozen issues that have "workarounds" that aren't deal breakers.  I bet most of us would gladly live with the workarounds if they would just spend their time upgrading the basic DVR functionality instead of new features, mainly fluff.

And the only reason all of these issues don't add up to one big deal breaker is because it's a monopoly and there are no other comparable options.

Why should we have to keep long lists of workarounds or tricks because they refuse to fix what they broke or what they removed on purpose.  I pay for things to work as designed....period.  They break a feature and we have to go out of our way to work around it? That probably makes them happy so they can move on to more bells and whistles knowing we are 'dealing' with what is broken. We are like lab rats and as we learn to do without or work around things they keep testing us. Comcast is just not paying attention to their core customers while they lure new customers with more kids programming, screen savers, voice remotes and more and more fluff. They have us by the you know whats and they know it.  Ghost deletes, skipping episodes, frame by frame, slo mo, recording buffer  and most recently having to have Net Flix to watch what used to be FREE On Demand for examples. I have one alternative but it would require quite a bit of work to get it into my house and hook it up and after their initial 'deal' its is a lot more pricey than Comcast. I am happy with Comcast service reliability and my triple play gives me many choices. I just want what I pay for and a fully functioning DVR  service is at the top of my 'gotta have needs' list. They keep giving me what I don't need or want and taking away what is truly useful.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2193 of 2,206

jrlorentz wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

tctc wrote:
<snip>

'Sync' has never worked for me to clear out the ghost deletes.  They only go away after a hard re-boot.

And yes, it is a siginificant issue to me as I try to determine which episodes of a series I haven't watched yet and which are ghosts.

Yep you are correct...its a mess sometimes to keep track . Syncing or waiting overnight does not always work and hard reboot is a last resort which we should never have to use to 'workaround' a bug.  When we say 'delete'....it should mean 'delete' and not been seen in the list........ ..period.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2194 of 2,206

Anything on the Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movies from a usb stick.

Had several techs out new dropped lines boxes cables wires filters ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They say it isn't my TV which I already new but they can't find the sorse of the problem.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2195 of 2,206

GregRaschke wrote:

Anything on the Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movies from a usb stick.

Had several techs out new dropped lines boxes cables wires filters ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They say it isn't my TV which I already new but they can't find the sorse of the problem.

Obviouly the spell - checker is still Kaputnickite. (The bad word monitor still works though).

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2196 of 2,206

BeowolfJones wrote:

GregRaschke wrote:

Obviouly the spell - checker is still Kaputnickite. (The bad word monitor still works though).

Really, cause it looks like you spelled Kaputnickite just fine.

X1 apparently doesn't know that the NHL playoffs are a sport, so auto-extend is not enabled, or at least it didn't show up as an option for me yesteday...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2197 of 2,206

X1 apparently doesn't know that the NHL playoffs are a sport, so auto-extend is not enabled, or at least it didn't show up as an option for me yesteday...

Auto extend is automatic, note the message under the time. This is for tonight's Nashville vs Chicago

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
IMG_5093.JPG
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2198 of 2,206

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Auto extend is automatic, note the message under the time. This is for tonight's Nashville vs Chicago

Cool, thanks.  I was setting up recordings on the web, didn't see that message there, or the auto-extend option.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2199 of 2,206
38 old recordings from Aug and Sept of last year showed up in my list today. Cool. Sync DVR and a box reboot didn't get rid of them. Surprisingly they were in the cloud too, at least they were in the Stream app, which for some reason said my subscription changed and I had to reactivate my device. It seemed like they were real too, because it said 67% full. So I just deleted them all from the DVR and emptied the trash. First time anything like that has happened to me that I can recall.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2200 of 2,206

There is one glitch that I find somewhat irritating with the DVR. Sometimes when I am playing a series of recordings on the DVR I get a window popping up that gives me several choices to play the next episode.

1. Play DVR

2. Rent for $$$

Why would anyone want to rent a recording they already have recorded for free ? Seems superfluous to me.

How about a Comcast rep getting some action on the forum's spelling checker ? It doesn't work at all now.