New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Technical Issues

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 151 of 2,331

We are newly relocated to the West Coast, with two new TV's purchased at Best Buy. A  Comcast technician came and installed service on 10/14/14 and hooked up the two TV's, DVR, phone and internet with Comcast modem, DVR, and cable boxes that he brought and which were brand new.  Everything has been working fine.

Last night, we were watching a program on the TV and dozed off.  When my husband awoke, there was a message on the TV that said that "This device needs to be activated before we can continue..."  and it advises the user to call Xfinity for service or a techinician to go to an activation screen. He checked the TV in the bedroom and it had the same message.

Below are all the steps my husband and then I went through to fix this.  I can't find anything about this problem anywhere.  It shows as an error code on the Xfinity site but without instructions to reset.  Can anyone help?  The thought of waiting several days for service is a bit maddening as I am home alone all day due to serious medical problems.  We paid for installation, we are paying for service, it's frustrating not to have acccess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our efforts to resolve this:

My husband called what he thought was Xfinity but wasn't.  Instead of walking over to the TV to get the exact number to call, he Googled it and got a number for what he thought was Xfinity but was obviously a paid advertiser who solicits maintenance calls for MSN.  The rep he spoke to indicated that this was caused by a virus infecting our ISP address and said that neither the Geek Squad nor Comcast could resolve this as it's a "Level 5" problem and we needed to pay an-MSN company (one was Pyramid, the other I don't know, but located in Clovis CA) between $300-400 to fix this.  That sounded ridiculous and so I got on the phone and asked repeatedly, is this Comcast to which he consistently replied, "We are authorized to repair service for Comcast (or something to that extent) and that is why the call was routed here."  At that point, I said I was not going to to that, I wanted to speak with someone at Comcast and he hung up.

I then called the xfinity number on the screen and the first gal I spoke with said that this would be easy to fix. First she sent a refresh signal and when that and a few other things didn't work, she gave me another comcast # to call for X1 support. The second gal ran some troubleshooting programs and sent a  refresh signal.  Then she had me press Exit on the remote 3 times and type in a code.  A different error screen came up and she had me press "Restart" and at first, nothing happened - just black screen.  She ran troubleshooting for the black screen and then theTV seemed to come on and start to go through the normal initial boot proigram -- wait while it powered up, wait for the program linepup, wait for you entertainment experience.... then black screen again.  We did this multiple times with 2 TV's. 

She said to wait an hour and turn them both on again - they should be fine, but just in case, she was going to put through three tickets - two for the error code and one for the black screen.

Please let me know if there is a simpler way to reset this.  Thanks!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 152 of 2,331

CathyandSteve wrote:

We are newly relocated to the West Coast, with two new TV's purchased at Best Buy. A  Comcast technician came and installed service on 10/14/14 and hooked up the two TV's, DVR, phone and internet with Comcast modem, DVR, and cable boxes that he brought and which were brand new.  Everything has been working fine.

Last night, we were watching a program on the TV and dozed off.  When my husband awoke, there was a message on the TV that said that "This device needs to be activated before we can continue..."  and it advises the user to call Xfinity for service or a techinician to go to an activation screen. He checked the TV in the bedroom and it had the same message.

Below are all the steps my husband and then I went through to fix this.  I can't find anything about this problem anywhere.  It shows as an error code on the Xfinity site but without instructions to reset.  Can anyone help?  The thought of waiting several days for service is a bit maddening as I am home alone all day due to serious medical problems.  We paid for installation, we are paying for service, it's frustrating not to have acccess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our efforts to resolve this:

My husband called what he thought was Xfinity but wasn't.  Instead of walking over to the TV to get the exact number to call, he Googled it and got a number for what he thought was Xfinity but was obviously a paid advertiser who solicits maintenance calls for MSN.  The rep he spoke to indicated that this was caused by a virus infecting our ISP address and said that neither the Geek Squad nor Comcast could resolve this as it's a "Level 5" problem and we needed to pay an-MSN company (one was Pyramid, the other I don't know, but located in Clovis CA) between $300-400 to fix this.  That sounded ridiculous and so I got on the phone and asked repeatedly, is this Comcast to which he consistently replied, "We are authorized to repair service for Comcast (or something to that extent) and that is why the call was routed here."  At that point, I said I was not going to to that, I wanted to speak with someone at Comcast and he hung up.

I then called the xfinity number on the screen and the first gal I spoke with said that this would be easy to fix. First she sent a refresh signal and when that and a few other things didn't work, she gave me another comcast # to call for X1 support. The second gal ran some troubleshooting programs and sent a  refresh signal.  Then she had me press Exit on the remote 3 times and type in a code.  A different error screen came up and she had me press "Restart" and at first, nothing happened - just black screen.  She ran troubleshooting for the black screen and then theTV seemed to come on and start to go through the normal initial boot proigram -- wait while it powered up, wait for the program linepup, wait for you entertainment experience.... then black screen again.  We did this multiple times with 2 TV's. 

She said to wait an hour and turn them both on again - they should be fine, but just in case, she was going to put through three tickets - two for the error code and one for the black screen.

Please let me know if there is a simpler way to reset this.  Thanks!

Make a note of the X1 tech support number (24 hours/7 days a week) 877-896-8678. It sounds like you got to that good team eventually. Please let us know what happened after the techs call (saying fixed) or come out to your home.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 153 of 2,331
After being contacted by and talking to a X1 tech, it's a known X1 software issue, hopefully to addressed in an update, soon(?). Very nice and thoughtful tech. Very helpful, 😎
Posted by
New Poster

Message 154 of 2,331

Sounds exactly like what I have.  Hopefully after the hour it was fixed.  I just got done chatting with tech support and they're doing the same thing.   luckily one room works fine. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 155 of 2,331

Dands,  I wish you luck...  it's been 8 hours now since we first started dealing with this.  It didn't come up on either TV after the hour and the problem still isn't resolved.  They are telling us that a technician will need to come out and that even with an expedited ticket it will be at least 3 days until someone can come look at it.  Very frustrating!  Please let us know if you get it resolved and how and I will do the same.

Thanls, Cathy

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 156 of 2,331

We just spoke to a Comcast supervisor about this problem.  We explained what happened and we told him that they had us scheduled to be seen in 3+ days.  He said that if they could not reset it remotely, it was a serious problem and he would come himself tomorrow afternoon (2-4 PM Pacific time).  I'l let you know what we find out then....

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 157 of 2,331
Cathy Steve...this is most likely caused by provisioning issues on the boxes...call billing dept have them check the rate codes and then they can reinitialize the equipment..
Good luck...
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 158 of 2,331
You can also just activate the stuff yourself by using the automated phone system. Hit issues with cable TV, then hit activate new equipment.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 159 of 2,331

Woke up this morning to an un-registered X1 box.  Called support and they did an init.  It came back for a few hours than began to boot loop,  It is now dead acording to a level 2 tech and always reboots to a RDK03009.  The tech says this is weird because he can see my device has an IP but the error claims that it does not.  

He says the box it toast and needs to be replaced.  To bad, so sad, you loose everything...  
It would have been nice to at least been offered a credit for my hardship.  

Par for the corse for me though.  Nothing i have ever done that involved Comcast has ever gone right the first 6 times.  It's always hours of my time wasted, money lost and more frustration than my ex wife could ever offer.   But hey, what can I do, there is no other tv option where I live so I just have to bend over and take it.  

Thanks Comcast!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 160 of 2,331

Hi Brandon,

We are having the same problem as Jen except both of our teminal boxes (150s) are not able to access recordings on the DVR in the living room. Sometimes they will see the recordings, but most of time they do not. A Comcast tech had us reboot the boxes which resolved the problem temporarily but was not a permanent fix. If we initiate a recording on one of the stand alone 150s we can then see the recordings on the DVR again, but again it is only temporary. Do we need to have a tech come out and check the equipment/installation? We've pretty much had this issue since the service was installed back in May. Thanks. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 161 of 2,331
Sntholiday.... Get your moca disabled on your gateway..
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 162 of 2,331
Code monkey..have them take the box of the account then put it back on....
Posted by
Contributor

Message 163 of 2,331

Ill give it a try and report back.  who do I ask to do that.  Do you have a preferred number and department for that?

Thank you!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 164 of 2,331
Sntholiday.... Get your moca disabled on your gateway..

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 165 of 2,331
Hi Brandon,

We are having the same problem as Jen except both of our teminal boxes (150s) are not able to access recordings on the DVR in the living room. Sometimes they will see the recordings, but most of time they do not. A Comcast tech had us reboot the boxes which resolved the problem temporarily but was not a permanent fix. If we initiate a recording on one of the stand alone 150s we can then see the recordings on the DVR again, but again it is only temporary. Do we need to have a tech come out and check the equipment/installation? We've pretty much had this issue since the service was installed back in May. Thanks.

Checking your signal levels all 3 of your devices are out of spec on the upstream and that could why there's no communication, you may want to get a tech out anyway to get you into specs.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 166 of 2,331
Thank you Andrew for checking on that.....

Code monkey it is a roll of the ⚁ on that. Sometimes x1 dept knows how to do this, sometimes they send it to their two. You have a tuning error, but it could also mean that the channels are not provisioned. Taking it off then putting it back on will refresh the cable card, which could just got buggy for some weird reason ...
Posted by
New Poster

Message 167 of 2,331

RobertWy wrote:

Most of the "bugs" are actually connection issues caused by poor/shoddy installations

dtknipe wrote:

I was considering migrating to X1, but after reading the techinical issues posted on this forum, have decided to wait until Comcast get the bugs out.

When you say shoddy installations, what do you mean by that?  These seem pretty simple to hook up.  It's just a matter of plugging them in to the cable feed, power, then an activation code. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 168 of 2,331
Not new customer. Robert is referring to certain techs not taking the time to make that signals are good enough to make x1 work. In a perfect world you could just plug in and watch TV. The issue is that the x1 has a built in modem and requires consistent clean signals to work consistent.. I read your other post are you going to get a tech to your home or go back to the old DVR?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 169 of 2,331

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Hi Brandon,

Checking your signal levels all 3 of your devices are out of spec on the upstream and that could why there's no communication, you may want to get a tech out anyway to get you into specs.
Didn't see any numbers for moca diagnostics, just moca network status enabled and moca link status link up. Thinking we need to have a tech come out like you said. Thanks for the quick response.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 170 of 2,331
Didn't see any numbers for moca diagnostics, just moca network status enabled and moca link status link up. Thinking we need to have a tech come out like you said. Thanks for the quick response

Sorry, I forgot to add when you get to the moca section use the right arrow to go to Pg. 2 to see the numbers. Numbers should be over 200 and because you have 3 devices, you should see 3 rows and columns with numbers

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 171 of 2,331

Well called in, they say my card is shot.  It was worth a shot.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 2,331

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Didn't see any numbers for moca diagnostics, just moca network status enabled and moca link status link up. Thinking we need to have a tech come out like you said. Thanks for the quick response

Sorry, I forgot to add when you get to the moca section use the right arrow to go to Pg. 2 to see the numbers. Numbers should be over 200 and because you have 3 devices, you should see 3 rows and columns with numbers

Here are the numbers:

0,1 = 237

1,0 = 251

1,2 = 249

2,0 = 275

2,1 = 239

Posted by
New Poster

Message 173 of 2,331

I have three televisions, all old style box sets, no HD, 1 is 32" and the other 2 are 18" or so. My main X1 box is on the larger television and the smaller sets have the smaller "slave" boxes on them. For both of my smaller sets, I turned on the television the other day and the picture only filled about 1/3 of the screen in the upper left corner of the screen while all menus and the guide would fill the screen. On one, I restarted the box, no change. I unplugged and recycled, no change. I went into the display settings and chose selected the same resolution that it was on which is the lowest resolution in the selection list. This made the picture full screen, but it made the menus so that they are too large and run off the screen. When I hit the xfinity button, I can barely see the top of the word "xfinity" at the bottom of my screen. When I type in a channel, I can't even see that at all because it's on the right and offscreen. The guide looks blownup (enlarged) and I can only see the top four channels of the list. So one of my small sets, I re-selected the low resolution display and said yes to keep it and the set now acts as described above. The second smaller set still has the small picture in the uppper left screen and if I go to re-select the resolution, it would change into what I have described above, but on that one I have said "no" and did not keep the settings so it goes back to the small picture. On my main set, the larger set, everything seems to be fine except on Friday and Saturday I noticed that when I would start to watch a DVR'ed program, when the "DVR" image would appear, it was too large to fit the screen and I only saw the top left of the "D" and maybe part of the "R." Last night (Sunday night), that seems to have been fixed and I now see the "DVR" screen like I'm supposed to. This must be something that Comcast reprogrammed because both of the smaller "slave" boxes act the same and the one has been reset several times with no fix.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 174 of 2,331
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Resolution-problem-with-SDTV-Pictures-included/m-p/2357901#M36925.

millcpa......Here is just on thing to look at, there are more threads if you look around..

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 175 of 2,331
Here are the numbers:
0,1 = 237
1,0 = 251
1,2 = 249
2,0 = 275
2,1 = 239

Those numbers are fine, I'm thinking it's the upstream signals that is keeping the boxes from fully communicating, I think getting a tech out will be the best option for you.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 176 of 2,331

There is a bug I have known about for a very long time that is still not fixed!

When you use the forward ahead a day feature and then enter a new channel by pressing the numbers on the remote the guide display changes to the current day instead of staying on the future date you were on in the guide.

Please fix this already.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 177 of 2,331

gate1975mlm wrote:

There is a bug I have known about for a very long time that is still not fixed!

When you use the forward ahead a day feature and then enter a new channel by pressing the numbers on the remote the guide display changes to the current day instead of staying on the future date you were on in the guide.

Please fix this already.

I'm pretty sure that is designed in as a new channel input may need other days (beginning at beginning) to review. I would note that the smart phone app xFinity TV Remote has the feature you want and has direct access to date(day) and channel.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 178 of 2,331

Update on our issue:  The tech staff spent over an hour late night last night trying to reset the box, re-initialized it, checked rate codes, sent refresh signals, did all sorts of behind the scenes hocus pocus to no avail.  The supervisor was out this afternoon, spent over an hour, replaced eveything in the junction box, cables, etc., checked signals, did some more hocus pocus, Nada. 

He said that the boxes that were installed were not new ones.... they were refurbished.  He does not know why neither of them work properly (both TV's are out) and so he is returning tomorrow with 2 brand new boxes from the warehouse.  Says there will be no charge for any of this nor for the new boxes.  He was able to get our new DVD player hooked up so that we could run it and at least play a movie....  we just moved here 11 days ago so we are just getting settled. 

Hopefully tomorrow this will be resolved.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 179 of 2,331
A server is reporting and unrecoverable error on my XFINITY TV App. I'm unable to pay my recordings from the cloud on my tablet. How can we rectify this?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 180 of 2,331

CathyandSteve wrote:

Update on our issue:  The tech staff spent over an hour late night last night trying to reset the box, re-initialized it, checked rate codes, sent refresh signals, did all sorts of behind the scenes hocus pocus to no avail.  The supervisor was out this afternoon, spent over an hour, replaced eveything in the junction box, cables, etc., checked signals, did some more hocus pocus, Nada. 

He said that the boxes that were installed were not new ones.... they were refurbished.  He does not know why neither of them work properly (both TV's are out) and so he is returning tomorrow with 2 brand new boxes from the warehouse.  Says there will be no charge for any of this nor for the new boxes.  He was able to get our new DVD player hooked up so that we could run it and at least play a movie....  we just moved here 11 days ago so we are just getting settled. 

Hopefully tomorrow this will be resolved.

Sounds to me like you need a full warehouse reset on the account. Dispatch can expedite this for the tech.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 181 of 2,331

xGMANx wrote:
A server is reporting and unrecoverable error on my XFINITY TV App. I'm unable to pay my recordings from the cloud on my tablet. How can we rectify this?

I would ask this question over in the one of the cloud threads or send a P.M. to Comcastchad!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 182 of 2,331

Sorry for delay.  I hadnt seen the responses.  The box in the Living room has always functioned properly.  The second one isn't hooked up currently because when I do it says I do not have a subscription and to call Support.  I will rehook it up and see if it tries to update over night.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 2,331

We have the main X1 Box in our living room(on and HDTV) and the "slave box" in our bed room on a 4:3 SDTV.

Our service was set up a few months ago, and everything worked fine until 10 days ago when both boxes froze, and we received a "Service is temporarily unavailable" message.  The following morning, the Living Room TV worked perfectly, but the video - and menus - on the 4:3 bedroom TV look "Zoomed In".  The STB in the bedroom is still set to 4:3 with no Zoom.  However, the picture that is displayed on the screen is a zoomed in version of the UPPER LEFT quadrant of any given show, and also the menus.  This is consistent when viewing SD or HD channels, and all menus.  HOWEVER this problem DOES NOT occur when we watch any On Demand content, or things saved on our DVR.  We called comcast technical support, and after they rebooted / resignaled / whatever our box 4 or 5 times, it still doesn't work.  Can someone in the know PLEASE respond to this?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 184 of 2,331

hotcap86 wrote:

We have the main X1 Box in our living room(on and HDTV) and the "slave box" in our bed room on a 4:3 SDTV.

Our service was set up a few months ago, and everything worked fine until 10 days ago when both boxes froze, and we received a "Service is temporarily unavailable" message.  The following morning, the Living Room TV worked perfectly, but the video - and menus - on the 4:3 bedroom TV look "Zoomed In".  The STB in the bedroom is still set to 4:3 with no Zoom.  However, the picture that is displayed on the screen is a zoomed in version of the UPPER LEFT quadrant of any given show, and also the menus.  This is consistent when viewing SD or HD channels, and all menus.  HOWEVER this problem DOES NOT occur when we watch any On Demand content, or things saved on our DVR.  We called comcast technical support, and after they rebooted / resignaled / whatever our box 4 or 5 times, it still doesn't work.  Can someone in the know PLEASE respond to this?

If your res is set to 480 than press exit>exit>exit>720...wait for 30 seconds then press exit>exit>exit>480

If you are on 720 or above than go 480 first then to 720 then back to 480 again.You should keep it at 480.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 185 of 2,331

sntholiday

I was able to check the MoCA readings ComcastAndrew was referring to.  They need attention.  The readings are way under spec.

Please ensure all of the coaxial connections are secure on the 150 boxes.  If they are secure, you will probably need a tech to find the signal degredation. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 186 of 2,331

I have been getting the unable to connect to my "entertainment experience" error. started over a month ago but was only sometimes and power cycle seemed to usually do the trick. more recently i rarely if ever have a connection. I called comcast and went through all the same steps over and over that i had tried on my own. eventually set up an appt for tech to come out. Was supposed to be here between 10 and 12, got a call at around 12 to tell me that he was going to be late around 12;45. Well, he never showed or called again. I understand that stuff happens and every now and then there is going to be an inconvenience, but this is too much. When i go to work i have to be there at a specific time. when i perform my job, im expected to do it right every time.If comcast cant fix this problem asap, the next call i make is for them to come get their boxes out of my house and cancel my account. So far, x1 has been nothing but a disappointment, and an expensive one at that.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 187 of 2,331
I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the 5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to direct tv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 188 of 2,331

Jwaj84 wrote:
I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to directtv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.

I see that you are posting at 3am . Are you in eastern time? I say that because if it's going out at that time the plant could be doing some upgrades/maintenance

Did you figure out the Spanish issue or do you need to know how to fix that?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 189 of 2,331

A while back I got streaming to work on my desktop and laptop using http://xtv.comcast.net.  At the time I coud not get streaming to work on my iPhone since it was an old model 4.But now I have an iPhone 6, and the xfinity TV app works fine in my apartment: it starts up quickly and works the way it should (about 15 seconds behind my TV).  

On the Macs, I bookmarked the URL but hadn't much need to use it. When I tried it again yesterday and today, On the iMac and MacBook Pro, I get as far as the three dots and "preparing your channel lineup." The dots keep moving but I don't get any farther. (The machines are fairly current, both running Yosemite, and my bandwith is upwards of 100mbps. The iMac is plugged into the modem, and the MacBook Pro is wifi.)  

The above is the x1 cloud, as I understand it. I found a different interface on the xfinity.comcast.com homepage, offering live streaming of specific programming. I selected one, and http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/cnn?cmpid=FCST_livemod_featured_CNN_bermanmichaela  is giving me the similar experience: three moving dots. It says "Loading Video --  CNN"

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 190 of 2,331

DC, I would look at a few cloud threads for the answer. If that doest work reach out to Comcast chad>>.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 191 of 2,331
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 192 of 2,331

d_c wrote:

will do, thanks

877-896-8678 <== X1 (only) tech support dedicated to X1 customers

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 193 of 2,331

Russell

I sent a bunch of refresh signals to your DVR box.  When do receive that error, "unable to connect"  Is this with Live TV or On Demand?  Do you notice it at certain times on certain channels?  Also, which box gets that error.

There is no need for ultimatums here as this is a peer-to-peer forum.

I checked the signal levels on your main DVR box.  There is some signal flux on your Upstream Receive. This flux may be causing your issues if they're intermittent.

PM me if you'd like me to set up a tech to adjust that signal flux

Brandon

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 194 of 2,331

Thanks, ComcastBrandon

I don't know what you mean about ultimatums.  I made no complaint or threat, just reported trouble.Maybe you're thinking of a different trouble report? I did not get "unable to connect" either, but rather "preparing your channel lineup" that never stops on xtv.comcast.net, or "loading video" that doesn't stop at xfinity.comcast.net for the specific shows offered under "live tv online" on the xfinity.comcast.net homepage.  The last few days I've never been able to watch anything from my iMac or MacBook Pro at any time, when using Chrome. I'm pretty sure it worked with Chrome a while back, but using Firefox is an easy fix.... I hadn't tried in quite some time, so I don't know when it last worked.

I got a PM from ComcastChad last night, and he suggested that I try other browsers. I had tried a couple of browsers before that, but I tried some more, and now I can watch live TV from either my iMac or my MacBook Pro. There was some stoppage, but maybe that was a transient problem.  So i have a way of watching live TV or something I recorded, from my computers.

When you mention "signal flux" it reminds me of a different problem: sometimes I'm watching TV (from my DVR box, I only have one, and only one TV set) and then the screen goes black. The DVR continues to record without trouble, and I can recover what I missed. So I wasn't sure whether the problem was with my TV. Swapping HDMI ports sometimes helps but the problem recurs on both.

Dan

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 195 of 2,331

d_c wrote:

Thanks, ComcastBrandon

I don't know what you mean about ultimatums.  I made no complaint or threat, just reported trouble.Maybe you're thinking of a different trouble report? I did not get "unable to connect" either, but rather "preparing your channel lineup" that never stops on xtv.comcast.net, or "loading video" that doesn't stop at xfinity.comcast.net for the specific shows offered under "live tv online" on the xfinity.comcast.net homepage.  The last few days I've never been able to watch anything from my iMac or MacBook Pro at any time, when using Chrome. I'm pretty sure it worked with Chrome a while back, but using Firefox is an easy fix.... I hadn't tried in quite some time, so I don't know when it last worked.

I got a PM from ComcastChad last night, and he suggested that I try other browsers. I had tried a couple of browsers before that, but I tried some more, and now I can watch live TV from either my iMac or my MacBook Pro. There was some stoppage, but maybe that was a transient problem.  So i have a way of watching live TV or something I recorded, from my computers.

When you mention "signal flux" it reminds me of a different problem: sometimes I'm watching TV (from my DVR box, I only have one, and only one TV set) and then the screen goes black. The DVR continues to record without trouble, and I can recover what I missed. So I wasn't sure whether the problem was with my TV. Swapping HDMI ports sometimes helps but the problem recurs on both.

Dan

If you look at the post that brandon posted. He is referring to another member on the forum who was being difficult..

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 196 of 2,331

Sorry, my bad. I got an e-mail that made it look like a reply to my post. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't notice the name at the top of his remark; maybe it was off the screen when I looked at it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 197 of 2,331

No problem Dan

You mentioned in your last post that everything works OK when you use Firefox?  Let me know if I read that right.

If you're having some issues with mobile devices connected to your account, let me know which ones and I can try deprovisioning / provisioning them on my end.

Here at work, certain programs only work on certain browsers, so I can understand the frustration for having to use a specific browser to stream your televions, rather than using one you're familiar with.

Let me know

Brandon

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 198 of 2,331

Thanks, Brandon.

it looks like I can watch live TV when I use Firefox. But then again I was watching last night and it stopped at about 17 minutes, and I was unable to get any further in that window. But I was recording it on my DVR and i was able to watch the rest of the show from my computer, by opening a different window. And most of the time TV viewing seems to work fine using Firefox. So I'm not 100 percent certain that everything is 100 percent resolved, but for the time being it looks that way.  I wrote when I didn't understand why it wasn't working in Chrome; I'm pretty sure it did a while back. But that's not so important no that Firefox works. I had tried a different browser that didn't work, but I only tried Firefox after Chad suggested I try more browsers.

My iPhone 6 seems to be working fine. It was strange; a while back I could watch on my computers but not on my old iPhone 4, but I upgraded the phone and now it works great on the new 6. 

Thanks again

Dan

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 199 of 2,331

Dan there was A person last week that started a thread. They were having issues with their imac. I would try using the search feature at the top to find that thread. I am unsure if they figured it out or not...

I wish that I could be of more help myself. I have not got the cloud yet, nor do I own a single apple product.

If you get really stumped chad is the goto guy for this stuff,,,

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 200 of 2,331

Thanks, GP.

I think I'm OK for now since I can watch live TV from my iMac and MacBookPro using Firefox. I did look for some other related threads, and found one, but it didn't match my case precisely. I found one that works _only_ in Chrome, and yet in my case that's the browser that doesn't work. This is a very busy board!