Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 System -- 2 tech visits --- STILL DOESN'T WORK

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

My X1 system worked for 11 months - now it constantly freezes up .... jumps to other channels .... and produces countless error messages.   This occurs on both my main TV and a TV in my bedroom.   Techs have checked signal - it is strong.   With what I pay per month, I think they should be able to figure out why my system suddenly isn't working.  Last tech told me my box needed about 6 hours of updates.   After they did that --- it is STILL not working.

Very, very frustrated with this entire scenario.   I have FIOS at my other home and have never had issues like this.    Always got tech support over phone that fixed problems -- but not so with Comcast Xfinity X1.   

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5
The signals might have been fine when the techs were there but the problem is still signal related.

Not sure where the "6 hours of updates" came from. I have never heard of anything like that.

Based on my previous experience, I am thinking that you have problems with the lines or the network leading up to your house. Comcast needs to send out a "line crew" to address those issues. A line crew is responsible for the lines and network leading up to your house.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5

While the tech was checking the image of a 'strong signal' for my house  -- he watched my TV freeze at the same time -- so it had nothing to do with the problem occuring after he left.   When I asked about the 6 hours of updates that were not being sent to the box - he just shrugged and said it happens.   I then inquired if every update will continue to not be sent to my box - and he said probably.   Wouldn't you think he would have switched  out my box at that time??????

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 5

Joyko wrote:

My X1 system worked for 11 months - now it constantly freezes up .... jumps to other channels .... and produces countless error messages.   This occurs on both my main TV and a TV in my bedroom.   Techs have checked signal - it is strong.   With what I pay per month, I think they should be able to figure out why my system suddenly isn't working.  Last tech told me my box needed about 6 hours of updates.   After they did that --- it is STILL not working.

Very, very frustrated with this entire scenario.   I have FIOS at my other home and have never had issues like this.    Always got tech support over phone that fixed problems -- but not so with Comcast Xfinity X1.  

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hi Joyko, I can assist you with getting your freezing issue resolved. It sounds like you may need to replace your cable box, to be sure I need to check a few things on my end. Can you please send me a private message with your full address and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon