discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 251 of 555

Add my family to list of customers who want the B button function restored ASAP

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 252 of 555

picture of station in right hand corner when searching channels

Posted by
New Poster

Message 253 of 555

HI, I USED TO BE ABLE PRESS THE LETTER B WHEN THE GUIDE WAS ON AND DROP THE PICTURE TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER.AND NOW I CAN'T. DID SOMETHING CHANGE?

Posted by
Authorized Vendor

Message 254 of 555

dcherr wrote:

picture of station in right hand corner when searching channels

Seen that as well, one feature I really liked..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 255 of 555

It has been disabled and it will be used for something else in the future.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Shortcut-button-not-working/m-p/2936568#M132452

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 256 of 555

I can't watch a program as I browse through the guide.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 257 of 555

Hi, I used to be able to open a small screen in my tv, when the guide was on, for some reason, I lost that, why?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 258 of 555
Put the functionality back, please! And follow industry standard of not just changing the UI for sake of change and publish release notes to users!
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 259 of 555

How do you just take away features that PEOPLE USE ALL THE TIME--no notice, no comment, nothing.  In this house we use the "B" button every single day, multiple times a day, and the sports score button as well-- now NONE of the 4 are working.  This is 100% NOT RIGHT.  If you're going to start taking things away, then REDUCE SOME FEES-- you raise costs all the time, now just take away things because you feel like it???!!!!!  You have NO way of knowing if people are using these buttons in the privacy of their own homes so what is it-- you're taking them away so you can start CHARGING for them?!  We are beyond livid. Restore what we HAD and have been using---this is outrageous!

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 260 of 555

I use the "B" button all the time as well... Please put it back on and operating the PIP...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 261 of 555

So B button on remote changing in the fute. OK.In the meantime!!!!! Bring back the old one and give us an option to opt in!!!!!!! And immediately. I'm not happy Smiley Sad   Who else agrees?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 262 of 555

We always used the B button.  Never used the Program Guide without activating the picture in the lower right corner.  It's been very annoying that this feature has not been working the past two weeks.  I was about to report that our box was malfunctioning.  This was such a basic feature that we literally used every day, I cannot believe Comcast would just turn this off without notifying its customers.  Very disappointing.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 263 of 555
I want my b button back!!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 264 of 555
You would think Comcast would inform people so your not wasting time trouble shooting Bad Customer service one again.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 265 of 555
I talked to Xfinity and the B button has been discontinued. I voiced my dismay and they're keeping a log of how many people complain. Hopefully they'll bring it back.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 266 of 555

The "B" shortcut button to display the smaller video window while on the menu page stopped working on our remote. How do I fix this? I tried resetting the system but that didn't work.

Maybe Dish or even the other one?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 267 of 555

where is the new button for a mini window?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 268 of 555

johntoday wrote:

where is the new button for a mini window?

There isn't one.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 269 of 555

The preview window this button offered was most certainly used and, judging by the response, it was quite popular. I realize customer service has never been a priority for Comcast, but this is just petty and arrogant. The guide has become very cumbersome and this feature, which you removed without warning or real explanation, made it at least bearable. If you wonder why so many are making the switch to streaming services, things like this is why. Time to rethink your relationship with the people who pay for your service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 270 of 555

Comcast, bring back the PIP while viewing the Guide!!!  Listen to your customers, this is a feature we like and use.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 271 of 555
Posted by
New Poster

Message 272 of 555

I tried to find out why my B button on my remote will not work anymore on both my tv,s. I could not find anything going though all the troubl shooting on my tv.

would yoy please help on this.

thanks Dave

Posted by
New Poster

Message 273 of 555
Appreciate the explanation from Comcast Andrew why the letter B stopped working on the remote. However, it would be much appreciated if Comcast would notify their customers in advance of any changes to their service so we don't have to research for answers. Thank you.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 274 of 555

please restore the B option 

Curly wrote:

The "B" shortcut button to display the smaller video window while on the menu page stopped working on our remote. How do I fix this? I tried resetting the system but that didn't work.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 275 of 555

Ugh yet another reason I hate Comcast!!! Why would you take a perfectly good feature away? Nobody asked me if I used it because I would have told them YES in no uncertain terms. Who was asked if they were using it? As you can see here, tons of people were using it. And yes I did the same thing, reset box etc and ended up calling support and even she didn't know about it until she asked someone else.  Bad move Comcast, you are just pushing people away with decisions like this. I hate that they took this feature away. I used it EVERY time I turned on the guide or the list of my recordings. Grrrr.....

Posted by
New Poster

Message 276 of 555

Please restore the "b" button feature on the remote. It's especially useful when watching sports, which is a lot in our house. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 277 of 555

Bring back the "b" button feature!! We use all the time! I do not having to browse without a view of the current program. Terrible decision to remove this feature!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 278 of 555

No more B button? Seriously? Why?! I used it often. That is upsetting Comcast. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 279 of 555

Not the same, if you ask me.  Prefer the "b" on other screens as well (menus).  It's probably a "TIVO" patent issue.  Make me want to just get a TIVO and dump the X1.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 280 of 555
What? Why?! Why remove a feature that is liked?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 281 of 555
AGREE! Just remove without warning? No assigned new feature for buttons, but what heck, lets just remove it for fun?!
Wow!
We are big company, you are small customers, must be their thinking.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 282 of 555

Why would they take this function away.  I never use a or c. But use b and d all the time. Bring it back

Posted by
New Poster

Message 283 of 555

Glad I found this forum, spent 20 minutes searching for why the B button was no longer working. Wish we were notified that this was removed, wish this was still an option.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 284 of 555

I have noticed that as mellinials graduate and are absorbed into IT and programming departments of industry that the same thing is happening nationwide.  There is no customer "care" as with older support personnel.  They were consumed by their smart phones and

believed that eveyone else was also.  That was where Microsoft Windows 8 came from.  It went away and windows 10 works a bit more

like what people actually liked.  You'll notice that they are not called programs anymore, just apps.  Also, a lot of new cars no longer come with spare tires.  Sheeesh.  Until the CEO's take over the boardroom again and wait for the kids to grow up and learn a few things, this will continue.  Maybe when they get the blue button programmed again you will have Angry Birds pop up on your bigscreen. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 285 of 555
I called tech support about this and they did all kinds of checks with no results. They told me to take my 2 x1 remotes to the Comcast store for replacement. Apparently tech support knows nothing about the B button being deactivated
Posted by
New Poster

Message 286 of 555
the B button is also used while checking "on demand" content .. now you cant view the program your watching and look anything up. we used this all the time. very disappointing.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 287 of 555

Greetings,

I just noticed that the "B" button no longer works when in the "Guide" screen.

In the past, it placed a window in the lower right hand corner of your screen that showed the current channel.

Is the "B" button on my remote broken or did you change the software to eliminate this feature?

Howard

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 288 of 555

skek64 wrote:

Greetings,

I just noticed that the "B" button no longer works when in the "Guide" screen.

In the past, it placed a window in the lower right hand corner of your screen that showed the current channel.

Is the "B" button on my remote broken or did you change the software to eliminate this feature?

Howard

Hi, I moved your post to a master B button thread. lots of information in this area.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 289 of 555
Try the right arrow button. You can scroll up and down, punch in a channel>OK and see what is on that channel while still watching your current channel in a much larger view. Takes getting used to, but easy once you do.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 290 of 555

We can get used to almost anything, but it's still not the PIP.

As far as "lack of use," do you all want to know how many times a day I pressed the B button? Usually just once. Why? Because when I did it first thing in morning, the PIP would stay the entire rest of the day. I never HAD to press it more than once because once I told the box to do it, it continued to do so for roughly 24hrs.

Then they cite lack of use? If I had known they would take it away, I would have gone in and out of PIP every single time I used the guide or On Demand. Smiley Sad

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 291 of 555
Why was it eliminated?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 292 of 555
I miss the B button. I used it all the time. Please put this function back so I ca use it.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 293 of 555

What can we do to officially let comcast know about getting the B button feature back.  It was beyond dumb not leaving it alone until it has to change.  I really would like the feature, that I used a lot when looking at the guide, retored.  Thank goodness I found this board before I started messing with the settings on the remote.  I feel for others that wasted a lot of their time.  

I really would like to know how we can complain officially.....such as an email address or phone number....

thanks!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 294 of 555

Spent an hour trying to get the B button on the remote to work.  Found out online that this function was removed at the last upgrade.  No notification from Xfinity just removed the functionality.  Hope Xfinity will restore this function which I use often as apparently many others do as well.  Xfinity should be enhancing functions not removing them.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 295 of 555
Bring it back! Bring it back! Why remove it and not replace it with anything? That is just beyond stupid and not warning users is doubly so. I look at it this way, I lost 25% of my A-D functions so when do I lose 25% of my bill? Restore the PIP option please. It was one of the ressons we switched from DirectTV.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 296 of 555

First to Comcast I don't know what feature the B button will be used for but unless it delivers pizza or does something equally as good many many customers will be upset. Second, why not take the weather channel button, and few people use, and leave the B button alone. Last, I think the best way to register a complaint is to tweet to Comcast and post to the Comcast Facebook page.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 297 of 555

I agree with you about the limited guide if you press the right arrow.  My husband used the b button to search for upcoming shows while seeing the current show in the right corner. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 298 of 555

Apparently the "B" shortcut button has been disabled for some reason...so, how do I view the smaller video window now?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 299 of 555

Nobbynoodle wrote:

What can we do to officially let comcast know about getting the B button feature back.  It was beyond dumb not leaving it alone until it has to change.  I really would like the feature, that I used a lot when looking at the guide, retored.  Thank goodness I found this board before I started messing with the settings on the remote.  I feel for others that wasted a lot of their time.  

I really would like to know how we can complain officially.....such as an email address or phone number....

thanks!

At the end of Tom Karinshank's letter (he's the Senior VP of Customer Experience,) you can click on "Send Tom Feedback." I did that a few days ago and actually received a response from someone in his office.

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/TomKCustCare.html

Posted by
New Poster

Message 300 of 555

While in the guide mode on the remote, button "B" doesn't bring up the small window of the channel you are presently watching.  Was working.