Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 201 of 383

My "B" shortcut key no longer works on my remote control.  When reviewing the program guide menu if you hit the B key it would split the screen and what you were currently watching would appear on a screen in the lower right of the screen.  I have scrolled through every application and setting but nothing helped.  I even did a complete reset.  Does anyone know how to turn it on?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 202 of 383

When using the "Guide" I could previously press the "b" button and see the program I was watching.  For some unknown reason that function does not work.  I entered into the Trouble Shooting function and tried the restart operation but that didn't resolve the problem.  I'm hesitant about tring the other functions under Trouble Shooting.  Should I try one of the other functions?   Or do you offer help?  Thanx for you response.   A.Reims

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 203 of 383

On my remote in my living room and my bedroom pressing the B button does not work anymore to get the small picture in the bottom right-hand corner. I'm wondering why.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 204 of 383

Bring Back the B button function. Our family used it everday! Please don't give us another reason to change services.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 205 of 383

Please read the thread you posted in...

ddwendt wrote:

My "B" shortcut key no longer works on my remote control.  When reviewing the program guide menu if you hit the B key it would split the screen and what you were currently watching would appear on a screen in the lower right of the screen.  I have scrolled through every application and setting but nothing helped.  I even did a complete reset.  Does anyone know how to turn it on?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 206 of 383

anpreims wrote:

When using the "Guide" I could previously press the "b" button and see the program I was watching.  For some unknown reason that function does not work.  I entered into the Trouble Shooting function and tried the restart operation but that didn't resolve the problem.  I'm hesitant about tring the other functions under Trouble Shooting.  Should I try one of the other functions?   Or do you offer help?  Thanx for you response.   A.Reims

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 207 of 383

jimkranz8239 wrote:

On my remote in my living room and my bedroom pressing the B button does not work anymore to get the small picture in the bottom right-hand corner. I'm wondering why.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 208 of 383
Look at all the threads. Comcast removed that function
Posted by
New Poster

Message 209 of 383
Worth leaving xfinity over. Please fix the B button 😡 We use it all the time and are really upset it is gone.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 210 of 383

The B button is the only one of the four we use...............and we use it all the time.  Would love to see its functionality restored.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 211 of 383

How much money does Comcast save by removing the "B" button feature?,  I asked sarcastically.  The right arrow guide is not the same.  Like many people stated "bring the "B" button back".

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 212 of 383

RickGr4 wrote:

jimkranz8239 wrote:

Attention 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 213 of 383

I just spoke with Xfinity and found that you could hit the right arrow and get the picture on the left half of the screen and the guide on the right!  To get out of that mode hit EXIT.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 214 of 383

Annagr wrote:

I just spoke with Xfinity and found that you could hit the right arrow and get the picture on the left half of the screen and the guide on the right!  To get out of that mode hit EXIT.

Thanks, but for those of us who loved the B button/PIP, we soon found out that it's not at all the same.

With the B button PIP, you could see what programs were coming up, which was helpful in case I wanted to tape something that was on later, etc. The new "mini guide" only shows 1) what's on now OR 2) what's coming up - but only by one channel at a time. You cannot search by time/hour with it. This means that I now have to either put our program on pause or wait for a commercial to see what we might want to watch or tape after the program we're watching is over. Either that, or only hear without seeing the program while looking at the guide. It's just not at all the same.

To me, personally, it's nowhere near good enough as the B button/PIP. Smiley Sad

Posted by
New Poster

Message 215 of 383

"B" button on my remote no longer works. Got a new remote and it's still the same. Did something change regarding this button? Everything else works fine.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 216 of 383

I do not understand what has happened.  Some posts say Comcast no longer offers the "B" button.  If so, why was

this not been sent to folks.  It would have saved us from trying all kinds of things to get it to work.  If not true, why has

Comcast not posted an answer to where is the the "B" function now.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 217 of 383

Kck51 wrote:

I agree and I'm sure the people that can change this back do not monintor this forum. Is there an address we can write to to to make our concerns heard?

We can all message them on their Twitter Comcast Cares account (@comcastcares) and on Facebook on their Xfinity account.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 218 of 383

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The B button functionality has been removed for the X1 remotes, which allowed X1 users to view video while navigating the guide menu. 

In addition to the main guide grid, XFINITY X1 offers the option of viewing programming information from the Mini Guide, a streamlined version of the guide that displays on the right-hand side of your screen. While in the mini guide, if you select the right arrow button on the remote, you will be able to see additional programs by channel. You can use the page down button, or down arrow to see future programs by date – this allows you to see 14 days of programming as well, similar to the Guide View. For more details, please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-guide-how-to-navigate-in-the-mini-guide/.

Another alternative would be to adjust the Background Darkness Level of the Guide, to 1, which will make the guide a more transparent overlay to Live TV. Customers can go to Settings->Preferences->General->Background Darkness Level and set it to 1. For more details, please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-background-darkness-level/.

ComcastJessie, thank you for the reply, but as you can see from the response on this thread, those options are not as useful as the PIP feature of the "B" button.  I and others on this forum used this function multiple times a day and would like to have it returned.  Can you or someone on your team please relay this to the people who make that decision?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 219 of 383

Zcam wrote:

Kck51 wrote:

I agree and I'm sure the people that can change this back do not monintor this forum. Is there an address we can write to to to make our concerns heard?

We can all message them on their Twitter Comcast Cares account (@comcastcares) and on Facebook on their Xfinity account.

Yes Yes YES! There are enough of us now that want the B Button returned that if we all post on their facebook account and tweet them it will get much more attention than just posting here in the forum. So please everyone who posted here please tweet and post to their facebook account and I am sure we will get the B button back!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 220 of 383

A lot of people liked that "B" button. We would lilke to have it restored.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 221 of 383

PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THE "B" BUTTON ON X1 REMOTE!!!

I use it everyday!  Why would you remove something without telling the customers and asking for their input?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 222 of 383
I tweeted @comcastcares and they did respond that they'll pass along the message. That is a much better idea then this forum because they obviously are not responding well to the comments posted here.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 223 of 383

Quit apologizing for removing b button.  Its like OJ apologizing for killing Nicole, or Cosby apologizing for his misdeeds. It doesn't fix the problem. Shouldn't be difficult to put the software back quickly or make the option from settings. Watching pictures moving behind grid causes vertigo and dizziness. Tell someone that can make a good decision to restore it. 

Thank you 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 224 of 383

Previously, I voiced my complaint shared by many about the "B" button PIP function being discontinued.  One response was that it was discontinued due to lack of use.  That made no sense so I continued my pursuit and went on the xfinity Facebook page where I got a prompt and accurate answer.  The feature has been replaced with a mini-menu that appears on the right side of the screen by pushing the "right arrow" on the remote.  This is great because the program you are watching is visible in more than half of the screen rather than just the little PIP window.  Sad to say that in this case xfinity did something great but left customers confused and irritated through lack of communication.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 225 of 383

Please reinstate the "B" button functionality.  This is the only button I've ever used.  From the looks of other posts I'm not the only one who wants it back.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 226 of 383

Annagr wrote:

I believe that feature already existed. But it doesn't equal the PIP ability that we had with the B button.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 227 of 383

I use the B button everytime I use the TV guide which is quite a lot because I like to channel surf the TV guide. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 228 of 383

Why doesn't the Picture-in-Picture functionality work when I am in full-screen guide mode? Pressing B doesn't pop up in the lower right corner like it used it to. I LOVED this feature and now, viewing the Guide while watching TV is quite an inconvenience. Did you remove this feature? I can see the box registering the signal when I press "B" but nothing happens. 

I even got a new remote at the recommendation of one of your reps, but that didn't solve the problem. 

Can you help me? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 229 of 383

Greetings. 

Why doesn't this feature work anymore? I reset my box, got a new remote at the recommendation of one of your reps, but nothing. I can see that the box receives a signal but nothing happens when pressing "B." 

Have you removed this functionality? Is it a bug? Are you working to resolve? I loved this feature and now viewing the guide has become quite inconvenient when watch a program. 

Can you help me? 

Thanks!

Jeff

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 230 of 383

Your question was added to these other threads on the same issue. Read the thread and you will see we all have the aame problem.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 231 of 383
I can't.believe it. Comcast hates PIP. I don't know why they last so much to take it away from their customers.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 232 of 383

jtitelius01 wrote:

Why doesn't the Picture-in-Picture functionality work when I am in full-screen guide mode? Pressing B doesn't pop up in the lower right corner like it used it to. I LOVED this feature and now, viewing the Guide while watching TV is quite an inconvenience. Did you remove this feature? I can see the box registering the signal when I press "B" but nothing happens. 

I even got a new remote at the recommendation of one of your reps, but that didn't solve the problem. 

Can you help me? 

Hi, I moved your post to the bigger thread about the "B" button. basically the function was removed. there are many pages of posts about this issue.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 233 of 383
That option was present before. Nothing new.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 234 of 383

I am very aware of that EG.

Maybe Comcast could be more proactive and forward about what is going on here.

Why does everything about X1 need to be top secret???

EG wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

jimkranz8239 wrote:

Attention 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 235 of 383
I can't believe this was taken away! I ALWAYS used it. You don't take away, you ADD! Bummer. Please bring it back!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 236 of 383
Lack of use by who? I used it all the time and so it appears all those who wrote in on this issue. Maybe there is a need for Comcast to evaluate who their customers are.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 237 of 383
Hello all Comcast customers who pay too much! I don't want to give in to Comcast. Lord knows I've had my share with them. However, after testing their right arrow guide for awhile, you get use to it. You can still enter s channel number, hit OK and see what is on that channel. You can page up and down the guide, switch to a different channel and folks, here is the best thing........the PIP is much, much larger. You can either X out of it or hit the left arrow. I suggest trying it several times and it becomes second nature. Hope this helps? We ALL know Comcast won't change it. Let's concentrate on the biggest problem with them....... PRICE/ADDED CHARGES!!!!! Thanks.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 238 of 383
If your C button doesn't work, then something else happened? The C is for sports and if you have the sports package, it should work on any channel.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 239 of 383

Bring the "B" button back!

When .. When is Comcast going to start listening to their customers?!  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 240 of 383

I used to be able to watch my program as I navigated the channel guide by pressing the B button on my remote, now it doesn't work

Anybody have any idea why this feature is lost on my remote controls?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 241 of 383

You know, I reviewed the other threads and all I found was the solution to press the B button but I am glad that I am not the only one so hopefully Comcast will restore the feature soon. 

Thank you. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 242 of 383

My B button (showing the Program I am watching) does not work when viewing the Guide. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 243 of 383

suMarieB wrote:

My B button (showing the Program I am watching) does not work when viewing the Guide. 

your post was moved to this thread that has much discussion on the issue. It isn't 'broken' it is a removed feature (at this point).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 244 of 383

Yes you will see in this thread many others have this same problem. We are recommending everyone who wants the B button back both tweet Comcast and post on their facebook page that we want this feature returned.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 245 of 383

Remember the saying "I want my MTV", well I want the "B" button back!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 246 of 383

B button is probably my most useful. Hard to believe that it was removed to make room for a do nothing button.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 247 of 383

It is incredible that Comcast removed the B button functionality without telling us. I used it all the time. I will now have to live with the mini-guide and lighter background but those are not nearly as good.

And what ever happened to picture-in-picture features for TVs? I read that with HDMI digital it became impossible to show more than one channel. But my Xfinity DVR will record several other channels while I'm watching another. Why not bring back PIP using that technology? At least for previewing other channels?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 248 of 383
This is so typical. Just when I thought Comcast was getting their stuff together, less power outage, a little bit less drag... They do away with one of the best buttons on the remote, the B button. Just say "lack of usage" that just means lack of a reason as to why. Get it together Comcast, you were doing so well. Don't go back to the dark side... stay away from the light CarolAnne
Posted by
New Poster

Message 249 of 383

Discontinued for lack of use? By whom?

I use it ALL THE TIME! 

Very disappointing. Please fix it soon. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 250 of 383

And while you're at it, bring back our old TV Guide that used to show "new" programming online and also bring back the left arrow option that used to show weather and other stuff.