Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Regular Contributor

Re: remote

My OPINION is that they had planned to use the B button for this function from the beginning.  It was not done to "shut this board up".  I'm surprised there have been 500+ posts to this thread when there are millions of X1 users.

There used to be a rule of thumb that for every phone call complaint to a vendor it represented 100 other customers who are having the same problem but who just don't call in, and a complaining letter represented 1000 other customers who have the same complaint who didn't write. So a company who wants to keep their customers happy usually pay attention to those who actually contact them. I don't know what the ratio is for customers who post to a community Forum.

New Poster

Re: X1 Shortcut button not working

My wife is a Comcast employee and overall I am really happy with xfinity service and X1 box and remote. Terrible decision to remove the B picture in guide. And for them to say no one uses it is so absolutely wrong. We use it ALL the time. Once a week or so, I manually scan guide through movie channels and it takes a while to do. When I do that, now I can no longer have a small pic of what I’m watching and can only hear it, which blows. The small pic in guide feature has been so useful and it’s seruously a massive dusappointment that it’s now gone, in place of voice features that only a tiny number of people need or use (SAP, voiceover descriptions, etc). They are accustomed to going into settings to use their voice features. Now you’ve just removed a useful feature completely. And replaced it with a feature you can now access in two different ways. Massive error in judgement. Bring back the PIP in Guide.
Regular Contributor

Competitor has up to 4 PIP and Comcast eliminates the one that they have.  Really big mistake.  Please bring it back or make use of the D button which is not being used.  Comcast really doesn't seem to take customer feedback into account for anything.  Decision they made for changes on the touchscreen for the Home Security were equally poorly planned and they removed several very useful features.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote features using ABCD buttons

Well I Always used the B Botton so I guess I DON'T COUNT.

New Poster

Please restore the B button back to the way it was. The information they have on the B button is worthless. 

New Poster

Another example of Comcast's infamous un-customer service.  10 minutes of my life troubleshooting due to their lack of even basic communication.  Stupid.

Regular Visitor

Bring back the "B" button....

I think we should all weight in on this subject again and again.  I want my B button "Mini Video" function back.   Move the accessibility settings to the "A" button where they belong or somewhere else.

If you agree keep posting messages saying so...

Contributor

Well now I actually use the "D" button to clear out my cache of shows/channels I've already watched. But, since I'm not really into sports that much I hardly ever use the "C" button - just once in a while to see how bad the Dolphins are losing. Smiley Happy

New Poster

No small picture during search or menus mode

There is no small picture when in search or mee mode

Service Expert

Re: No small picture during search or menus mode

The B button is now used for Settings

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Shortcut button B no longer showing scaled video

Please restore the feature of having the scaled video appear when the full guide is displayed.  After reading Xfinity’s rationale that this feature wasn’t utilized makes me question why it was an option to begin with.  It should be a fixed feature similar to other providers and smart tv features.  Such an important feature for the customer viewing pleasure that makes no sense to remove. 

Service Expert

Re: Shortcut button B no longer showing scaled video

Sissy98057 wrote:

Please restore the feature of having the scaled video appear when the full guide is displayed.  After reading Xfinity’s rationale that this feature wasn’t utilized makes me question why it was an option to begin with.  It should be a fixed feature similar to other providers and smart tv features.  Such an important feature for the customer viewing pleasure that makes no sense to remove. 

Comcast reassigned that button for direct access to the Accessibility Settings Menu. I moved your post to the mega-thread about the subject.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: remote

That's all well n Good but for those who aren't limited in their communications skills bring back the PIP..!!!!
Frequent Visitor

563+  Replies      21,482+ Views on this thread. This does not mention the subscribers that were unhappy but did not take the time to respond. 

Obviusly “lack of use” is a term Comcast needs to define. Either that or they need to explain the REAL reason the PIP function is not available with the B button or anywhere else. 

Does this his have something to do with advertising?

Kek

New Poster

Just another example of xfinity being stupidly user hostile. Not unlike the channel guide with channels randomly sprinkled here and there for no apparent reason. Actually makes me nostalgic for Directv, which I had to give up when I moved to a condo which had signed with xfinity.

Service Expert

Rwsrws wrote:

563+  Replies      21,482+ Views on this thread. This does not mention the subscribers that were unhappy but did not take the time to respond. 

Obviusly “lack of use” is a term Comcast needs to define. Either that or they need to explain the REAL reason the PIP function is not available with the B button or anywhere else. 

Does this his have something to do with advertising?

Kek

It was mentioned previously that of the millions of X1 users, only a fraction were using the B button.  No mention of how they arrived at that conclusion. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Might be enough if they told us how they arrived at that conclusion. 

New Poster

I was angry that the feature was missing, but there is a solution...

Press the right arrow button on the X1 remote and VOILA!!!  The picture moves to the left of the screen and the guide comes up on the right side of the screen. Scroll through the guide as usual.  While in this mode, if you want to see a specific channel's listings, arrow (up or down) to the desired channel then press the right arrow button again.  To return to full screen mode, press exit.

The picture is much bigger than the small version that used to appear in the lower right corner of the screen. I like the bigger view of the screen much better. 

New Poster

What happened to the small screen while in guide

I no longer have the option for the little picture box to watch tv while in guide mode
Service Expert

Re: What happened to the small screen while in guide

Shank2886 wrote:
I no longer have the option for the little picture box to watch tv while in guide mode

Hi, I moved your post to the PIP B-button mega-thread. They reassigned that button to the accessibility menu. The feature is no longer available at the moment.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No, it is not as useful. You cannot move though the guide as before and see all stations at a certain time. And you could use the right key to access the mini guide before the removal of the small PIP B button function in the full guide. 

Frequent Visitor

-duplicate-

Frequent Visitor

-duplicate-

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Is their an employee that you could contact that would actually respond to these matters? Calling customer service yields little encouragement, contacting “Tom K.” seems to be a black hole. Boilerplate responses in every case. Still like to know of the lack of use determination.  

Service Expert
Moved:

Contributor

Re: "B" button on X1 remote not working

Good idea
Gold Problem Solver

Look folks,

If anyone needs any further information on issues like this, please read the Wikipedia article on Comcast. Pay close attention to the comments where Comcast ranks in regards to customer service and how many complaints that have been made towards them.

I have had X1 service for slightly more than four years. X1 has been available for over 4.5 years now. I have said this many times before and I will say it again. Comcast isn't listening. The are devolping X1 as best suits them. X1 is not a cutting edge entertainment experience. It is a watered down product that is intended for the masses and to reduce service calls and truck rolls.
New Poster

Re: Remote Operation

Why would Comcast take away the B program button, pic in pic is a must.?

Service Expert

Re: Remote Operation

VickM wrote:

Why would Comcast take away the B program button, pic in pic is a must.?

I found that the right-arrow to be an acceptable substitute.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon