Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 451 of 507

Please! bring back the little picture, make it always on or bring back a way to get to it. I mean, holy cow, what is wrong with letting us keep track of our channel while surfing? You have 9 pages of complaints that it is missing! What more do you need?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 452 of 507
I agree, there is nothing wrong with the box. There is something wrong with Comcast!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 453 of 507

Comcast has taken a major step backwards by removing the B button PIP function. Don't give us another reason to go somewhere else.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 454 of 507

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 455 of 507
Come on Xfinity, I used the B button ALL the time. Bring it back please. For the price of service, one would think the B function could just be left for those that want to use it. Sheesh...
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 456 of 507

Why did you get rid of the B key

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 457 of 507

Okay, so everything I've read in this thread seems to explain why the shortcut button "B" no longer works (it was the only shortcut button I used). So, Xfinity, you send out notifications that heretofore for me have been of little use. You didn't believe this was of sufficient import to send out a system wide notification? I spent today reseting my box thinking therein lay the problem, when all you had to do was tell us. I don't use the shortcut button ("B") frequently except when using the guide while something else I'm also watching is on, or unless I see the look of exasperation on my wife's face due to my taking too long going through the guide in her position, like today. 

So, when do you restore the "PIP" option, whether shortcut button "B" or through some other option?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 458 of 507

Send feedback about this to Tom K.  The more complaints he gets, the more likely it is they will pay attention.

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Posted by
New Poster

Message 459 of 507
You can't on live tv just push right arrow by ok button guide will show up on right side
Posted by
New Poster

Message 460 of 507
On live tv push right arrow next to ok button it come up on right side bigger pip
Posted by
New Poster

Message 461 of 507
On live tv push right arrow by ok button it will show on right side big pip
Posted by
New Poster

Message 462 of 507

So how many people watch live tv anymore.  This right key or forward key is not the solution.  When is Comcast going to come up with a solution and when they do are they going to let us know?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 463 of 507
I think that comcast needs to bring the b button back to working again.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 464 of 507

the B button on the remote is not bringing up the small tv screen in the lower  right bottom corner when using the TV GUIDE when scrolling to see what is on tv......i have ask many other COMCAST SUBSCRIBERS and they say the same thing.......WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THAT FEATURE???????????    

Posted by
New Poster

Message 465 of 507

Whoever said in some meeting in the high tower board room "Hey, let's get rid of the B button on the remote, We have nothing to replace it with but let's get rid of it" is a moron. What's worse is that there were more morons around the table that agreed and let it happen.  The sooner I can unplug from Comcast the better and it is getting closer and closer to that point and decisions like this only reinforce it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 466 of 507

Thank you Buttonman!  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 467 of 507

In the past when I pressed the "B" on the remote it brought up a small screen in the lower right of what I was watching and it stayed on while I accessed the guide.  It doesn't work anymore on any of the remotes....is that option gone?  I loved that option!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 468 of 507

thebrowndog88 wrote:

In the past when I pressed the "B" on the remote it brought up a small screen in the lower right of what I was watching and it stayed on while I accessed the guide.  It doesn't work anymore on any of the remotes....is that option gone?  I loved that option!!

hi, I moved your post to the master sticky thread on the subject.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 469 of 507
Agree ... BRING IT BACK!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 470 of 507
I did the same. Spent a couple hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working either (e.g. replaced batteries twice - can Comcast reimburse for 4 AA batteries?, rebooted the box a few times, search settings thinking we must have inadvertently changed something, etc. - can Comcast reimburse me for lost/wasted time?)

BRING IT BACK!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 471 of 507

That's not the same thing as the PIP feature the B button offered in the Guide.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 472 of 507
What in heck did you guys remove the B function for ??????
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 473 of 507

EGERRISH_643 wrote:
What in heck did you guys remove the B function for ??????

The answer is in this thread; low usage, going to be used for something else.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 474 of 507

I agree.....  With all these complaints please bring back the "B" pip function.  It was the only one I used!  And I too spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 475 of 507

Posted to FB and Twitter @Xfinity: 

Bring back the B shortcut key on the X1 remote, @Xfinity. I loved my picture-in-picture in the guide. NeedTheBKey

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 476 of 507

SirSpidey wrote:

Posted to FB and Twitter @Xfinity: 

Bring back the B shortcut key on the X1 remote, @Xfinity. I loved my picture-in-picture in the guide. NeedTheBKey

10,000 more like that might help.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 477 of 507
Try @Comcastcares on Twitter. They claim to care but I don't believe them anymore.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 478 of 507
Yeah, they can actually go ahead and leave that c button for sports. Works great, takes me right to my favorite teams' schedules, scores, standings, etc. I agree that the b button needs to be returned, but disagree with your strong feelings about removing the c button function. MILLIONS of people actually LOVE sports, in addition to news, Netflix, youtube, etc.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 479 of 507

What a stupid move the B button was used by many it was a fantastic feature to be able to look at the guide and still see your current show. Wake up Xfinity and bring back this option back  Perhaps you moved that option overseas like you did with your customer service

Posted by
New Poster

Message 480 of 507

Please bring back B botton ( PIP) on remote. I very upset this has been removed I used it frequently and would like it back.

I was never asked if I used this feature to give my opinion. I am thinking of changing my service to another company if this is not resolved

Thank You

Paul Rich 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 481 of 507
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 482 of 507

As a Sr Software Engineer with over 20 years experience I can tell you that the way you have handled this software change was not in the customer's best interest. The "B" button was a key feature used by many people as can be seen by the feedback you are receiving from just this forum. Unfortunately the "ABCD" button usage is not always a feature that is/was well documented and had to be learned under fire or from someone who knew about their usage or from watching the Xfinity videos if you are desperate enough. It is customary to poll the customers first to determine the level of usage of the feature. In this case the "B" button. Then with this knowledge in hand determine if deleting the feature or making it an option set through the Apps screen is a better way to go. Either way you should have used the Xfinity notification service provided through the X1 system or emailed the customer or even put a notice on the webpage what your intentions were concerning the "B" button before just deleting it allowing for user feedback. If any of that was done I apologize, but I never saw it.

Comcast purports to be a customer-based business, yet makes decisions like this all the time that impact user accessibility, enjoyment and ease of operation. With the popularity of the DirectX package increasing daily due to its pricing, features and content it would seem that Comcast would want to do everything in its power to create a product that meets the customers highest expectations and continue to be a market leader in the computer/communications industry. Please bring back the "B" button feature in some form. It is an important feature that distinguishes the X1 system above others as a superior feature-laden system and not a dressed down bare bones system.  God bless.🇺🇸✝️

V/R,

Eddie

Posted by
New Poster

Message 483 of 507

I have read a lot of the messages about the "B" button.  I used this button everyday, as I spend almost 1/2 hour in the mornings going through my favorites guide, as well as the local channels to set recordings.  Having the PIP was a wonderful and almost necessary feature - and now, it's gone!  Comcast, you are a tech company - you don't remove features, you only add them!  This feature was an original feature and you say because of lack of use, it is no longer necessary. PLEASE reinstall it.  Every morning, I press the button with hopes the PIP will appear - hopefully, you will again make that a reality.  Thank you!  Rob/Seattle

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 484 of 507
I for one do not believe for 1 second that this feature was removed due to lack of use.

That is a deflection on Comcast's part.

Sure wish Comcast would come clean and tell the truth about this...
Posted by
New Poster

Message 485 of 507

I couldn't agree more. The B button (PIP) was one of my most used features. Very convenient. If I could give any feedback to Comcast, it would be quit over-engineering things we don't need and give us more of what we do need. I saw Microsoft begin putting their engineering before the customer back in the 90s and along came Apple to eat a big piece of their lunch! 

Second, when you make a change, publish the differences so it is clear to the customers. For example, create a 'live' picture of the Xfinity Remote with a description of each button and it's use. When they change, change the description. QUIT MAKING US CALL AND LOOK ONLINE FOR ANSWERS TO SIMPLE QUESTIONS THAT YOU CAN EASILY PRESENT. ANTICIPATE DON'T WAIT!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 486 of 507
That's crazy to remove the 'B' key feature. I used it all the time and now not working with no warning! Please bring it back. Great feature.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 487 of 507

Please bring back the B button with PIP

Posted by
New Poster

Message 488 of 507

The B shortcut button is currently inactive on the X1 Voice Remote which previously allowed for displaying a smaller video window while scrolling through the Guide and other screen options. Why was this option discontinued? Can it be reactivated? If not Why?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 489 of 507

Comcast is always adding and removing features from their products to allow for future growth and development of new features. I personally enjoyed the B shortcut as well - but sometimes it's worth the sacrifice.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 490 of 507

If there is a lack of us of the B button, where are all these requests to restore it coming from?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 491 of 507
Well, I used it all the time! Please bring it back! Lack of use because people didn't know about it.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 492 of 507

I no longer have the live TV picture box when scrolling through the guide.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 493 of 507

fgaughan wrote:

I no longer have the live TV picture box when scrolling through the guide.

The B button was disabled due to low usage; it will be used for another function.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 494 of 507

The blue button on my remote no longer minimizes the picture to the lower right side of screen

Posted by
Contributor

Message 495 of 507

Spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this issue until I read this post. Ughh!! I will be sure to give Xfinity an appropiate review next time I'm asked.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 496 of 507

Recently found out the "B" button for PIP has beem removed by Comcast.  Called customer service and they initially claimed no knowledge of the change.  They opened a "ticket" and said they would escalate the request and get back to me.  After two weeks with no response I called them back and no response was available other than it was a planned change.  Again another example of increasing costs and lack of service and customer support.  Looking into other options....

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 497 of 507

I think it is ridiculous to remove sometthing like the picture in picture capability using the B button. I don't care how many people use it. I use it and it very useful as do MANY others. PLEASE RESTORE THIS BUTTTON or give us a way to go back to the older version of X1 that containned this feature. I pay alot of money for my cable every month and I don't think you should be removing features. The reason it may not have been used is because we are never told of features like that. I only happened upon it by accidentally pushing the B buttton. This is way people are cuttinng the cord. 

Mike Halvorsen

New Poster

Message 498 of 507

I also missed that button! Was looking for the fix and saw this thread. Darn! Wish they had asked us first. Or give us the option to choose our buttons from a menu. Not everyone is going to want the same. 

I would mute sound during commercials and search movies without changing the channels. Pi in pic would let me keep my eye on the current channel, like the news. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 499 of 507
Picture in picture not working
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 500 of 507

thsartist wrote:
Picture in picture not working

Comcast disabled the B button for another application (TBD).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon