Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 101 of 551
Comcast Andrew. A more thorough explanation is not only required but extremely warranted in this situation. Myself and my friends and family use both the B and C buttons. Saying that a system update is to blame is a cheap way out. I (we) demand names and contact info for the personal who our responsible for this move. This occurred without contacting your current customers of this change. When (and we will) we contact our Congressional leaders of the constant non communication with Comcast and it's current customers maybe only then will someone in that company wake up to our concerns. It's seems that FCC fines and public ridicule are the only way to get anyone's attention at this company.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 102 of 551

Can I say that the B button is the only one of the 4 buttons that I use.  I even forget what the other 3 buttons are for, so take one of them if you need a button but bring back the PIP B button, please.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 103 of 551
Not the same, only get current showing, not next time slot ,etc
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 104 of 551

Why did you take away my B button? It was one of the features that I really liked. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 105 of 551

I would like to report that it has also taken me a long time to finally realize after resetting my box top and finding a forum here that describes the cancellation of the B  button on the X1 remote. I'm very disappointed since I used it daily! Also going through all of the help topics on the TV I found nothing to actually help! COMCAST you need to do more for your paying customers. Bring back the B button or give us something better!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 106 of 551
You can always use the forward arrow while watching a program which provides you with a larger pip while scrolling the guide.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 107 of 551
OMG... I too had to try sayisfying my wife to fix the B button. Batteries, went through redefing the temote.... I should bill you people for my wasted time.... I was on the verge of driving to a center to change it.... Decided to google the issue first!.... BRING BACK THE "B" FUNCTION! or reduce our cost for service....
Posted by
New Poster

Message 108 of 551
Agreed - bring back the b button!
Used it regularly. Why remove a function when nothing to replace it?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 109 of 551

chicoman1 wrote:
You can always use the forward arrow while watching a program which provides you with a larger pip while scrolling the guide.

chicoman1 I can't tell if you are joking or have discovered a new feature. If it is a new feature please describe the specifics on how to do it. thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 110 of 551

WindsurfMaui wrote:

chicoman1 wrote:

chicoman1 I can't tell if you are joking or have discovered a new feature. If it is a new feature please describe the specifics on how to do it. thanks

He means on live tv use the right arrow and the guide shows up on the right side of the screen, still giving you a large picture. That feature has been around since X1's original release.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 111 of 551

ComcastAndrew wrote:

WindsurfMaui wrote:

chicoman1 wrote:

He means on live tv use the right arrow and the guide shows up on the right side of the screen, still giving you a large picture. That feature has been around since X1's original release.

Thanks. I forgot about that feature. It isn't as good as the B button PIP but it does help in certain circumstances.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 112 of 551

I just spent an hour going through my settings because the b button did not work!  Unbelievable that they removed this without notification.  I used this button all the time,

Posted by
New Poster

Message 113 of 551
Are you kidding me...another stupid decision by Comcast...please put it back..we use it all the time!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 114 of 551
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back my "b" button!!! Use it all the time while surfing.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 115 of 551

PLEASE REVERT BACK THE "B" BUTTON TO ITS USE AS OF EARLY LAST WEEK SO I CAN WATCH MY SHOWS WHILE SCROLLING THE GUIDE! I have the XFINITY voice remote control. Some time last week via an overnight update you removed a very used feature from the remote control. The "B" button no longer has any function at all!!! Our whole family used this button every time we use the box to watch the current channel in the small window in the lower right hand corner of the screen while we are scrolling through the guide. It is very very useful. For example you can continue watching the current show while planning out shows to record for later that day etc. It makes zero sense to us and a ton of other comcast customers in this comcast forums site... please see this thread for example. This is a bad decision. If you plan on using the button for some other feature you should at least give us the option to switch it back to the original functionality in the options menu. PLEASE FOR NOW REVERT BACK THE "B" BUTTON TO ITS USE AS OF EARLY LAST WEEK SO I CAN WATCH MY SHOWS WHILE SCROLLING THE GUIDE! Leaving it as is with ZERO use is unacceptable. Thank you.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 116 of 551

The forward arrow option stinks.  It barely shows you anything.  You cant see the full guide and scroll forward in time.  USELESS.  FIX THE DA%N B BUTTON

Posted by
New Poster

Message 117 of 551

I recommend everyone that wants the B button back to serving a purpose complain about this here:  https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

They are supposed to respond to your issue within 24 hours.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 551
Well this makes sense . Now Comcast can charge us a $5 monthly B button fee ☹️. Why are they the most terrible company for customer service ?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 119 of 551
Will we get refunded for services removed?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 120 of 551

Why the heck not?  That was just stupid.  Now the whole time we're on the guide looking around while watching something we can't view it?  Whose bright idea was that?  Put it back!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 121 of 551

Comcast Andrew, now the right arrow guide is not working properly. It will go to the first screen which lists what is on the different channels at the present time, but when you hit the right arrow again to get the upcoming programs for a single channel all I get is the channel number and name abbreviation with nothing under it, just a blank screen, where I use to get a listing of what was upcoming for that channel, what gives?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 122 of 551

Comcast Andrew, now the right arrow guide is not working properly. It will go to the first screen which lists what is on the different channels at the present time, but when you hit the right arrow again to get the upcoming programs for a single channel all I get is the channel number and name abbreviation with nothing under it, just a blank screen, where I use to get a listing of what was upcoming for that channel, what gives?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 123 of 551
I also used this B button PIP EVERY time I use the guide. Please let people in charge know that it is a frequently used feature. How else are you supposed to continue watching tv while you surf other channels?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 551
My b button won't work 2 days! Comcast tech on phones had no clue they r sending a tech out! WTH
Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 551
I called Comcast tech had no clue how to fix they are sending out a tech but sounds like a problem for many !
Posted by
New Poster

Message 126 of 551
I just looked at remote settings description, it listed B button inactive right now ! WTH the tech I called had no clue ! Train your tech better so they can answer us, all should of known this
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 127 of 551

bmwsteve wrote:

Steve that right arrow feature is working OK here in Boston. But I still want the B button back.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 551
Why would they remove this feature without letting paying customers know. This was a dumb decision.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 129 of 551

Why would the B button function be removed?!  This is a MUCH used feature at our house--to watch news, etc. while scrolling through recordings or setting recordings or deleting or searching or checking the guide.  Now, we can only listen to the TV while doinh all those things!  WHY?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 130 of 551

Agree bring it back!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 131 of 551
Highlighted
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 132 of 551
Everyone who wants the B button back should goggle "Comcast complaints" and locate the link to Ask Tom and fill in the online complaint form. I did receive a reply that my complaint had been forwarded to the appropriate department yadda yadda yadda.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 133 of 551

akrn wrote:

Since the "B" button on the remotes no longer displays the current program in the lower right corner of the TV screen (feature was removed July 2017), will this feature be available with some other button?  I used this all the time when using the guide or browsing through the on Demand programs. 

Not at this time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 134 of 551

Are you insane?  I used the b button all of the time.   Why would you change the function of this button and not at least inform your customers. Will it be put back?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 551

I have always used the "B" button on my remote when scroling through my guide to see the show that the TV is tuned to.  The "D" button was sports and I think the "C" was weather.  But for some reason the functionality not longer exits.  What's up?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 136 of 551

I think we all may have to fly to the corporate headquarters and have a B button protest march in front of the building to show them how many people use the B button and want it back.   :>)  Certainly I'm getting more email in my inbox from this B button issue than any other issue I am following.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 137 of 551
Please restore the "B" button on X1 remote. This was a nice feature.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 138 of 551

Yes you can use the right arrow, but it's a limited guide.  NOT THE SAME!!  My wife could scroll through the full guide, select shows to record all while I could still see that little window.  I worked in SW for over 35 years.  I can tell you that the best (and stupidest) way to tell if a feature is being used is to disable it and see how much blowback you get.  In this case - it's a lot!  Comcast/Xfinity keeps trying to look like a big boy company, but they keep proving to be small and shortsighted.  I still get ill when I see their logo on top of the former Rockefeller Center.  And this company wants to do my home security - the "quadruple play".  I can't imagine why anyone would trust their home to these jokers.  What feature would they disable in that offering.  Love to see a reply to this!  :-)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 551
Hey Comcast how about you give us all a decrease in in our rates since you took away the feature of our b button. We now have one less service yet we our paying the same high rate. Please reinstate the b function immeadiatly!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 140 of 551

Put the B Button back as it was.

Most used button on the remote for this house!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 141 of 551

I agree.  The PIP option ('B' button) was extremely useful.  Please bring it back

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 142 of 551

I really would like to know WHO decided that we are not using this feature (the "B" button).  I use it constantly when I am using the channel guide.  Judging from the posts to this forum, I am not alone.

I suggest that Comcast rethink this "tone deaf" decision.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 143 of 551

Very angry that Comcast removed a very frequently used function: the B function that allowed a small window to display the current channel's program while simultaneously perusing the menu/guide. I used this function every day multiple times a day and came to rely on it. And to top it off, they didn't even let the customers know they were going to do it.  Comcast needs to restore this function or it's going to lose many longtime customers like this writer! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 144 of 551

I just spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot this problem; finally called tech support.  After several minutes of "try this~try that" he finally found the tech note about the discontinuing of this feature.  Right now I don't know which makes me madder, the service change or the arrogance that it was done without notification.  Others on this forum have askrd how Comcast knows the function wasn't used much, I'd like to know how it's usage compared the the "C" button.  Anywy everytime Comcast does stuff like this I call Verizon pleading for FIOS to come into this area.  Someday.....

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 145 of 551

I think I get it.  I checked on the website and sure enough it mentions that as of July (actually the 31st!) the "B" shortcut button will be disabled.  It then says that a new capability will be provided for that button shortly.  My guess is that Comcast ran out of real estate on the remote and wanted to add something to increase revenue - maybe a "B" for "Buy the latest pay-per-view" or something like that.

So - since they can't just add a button, they took this function away, to be replaced by something new in the future.

Hey Comcast - if you're listening - you know that right arrow key - the one that provides a "mini guide"?  The up arrow now does nothing - use that to implement the full guide with the mini-screen insert.  You get your "B" button back - and we get our useful guide+screen feature back.

Sound like a plan??  UP ARROW - that's the ticket!!!

BTW - I also called and complained about it to a Tier 2 support person.  She assured me my concerns would be brought up to management.  I patiently wait for a response - NOT!  :-)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 551
I use my B button I like my B button can you please put it back. Well I'm searching or surfing the little window helps me to continue watching my program. So please put it back thank you.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 147 of 551
I just tried that and it's, sort of, better! The box is larger where the show you're watching is. The guide at first shows just a few channels on the right side of screen for the time you're watching; you can scroll up or down for other channels.Tap in the channel # if you want to see what's on for the evening for that specific channel and hit OK. Hit right arrow again. Scroll down to see the entire line up of that channel. Hit 'info' and the screen is same as when you hit 'info'normally. You can then record, watch, remind, etc. No, you can't see a broader spectrum of several channels, but it's not bad.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 551

I use the B button even more than I use my belly button!

Please bring it back!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 149 of 551

I agree with everyone else. Bring the function back

Posted by
Contributor

Message 150 of 551

changed how????