New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Shortcut button not working

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 51 of 551

With the latest update, it is no longer operational.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 52 of 551

My "B" and "C" button were working fine on my XR11 remote until today.  Now both buttons don't work.  The "A" button works ok.  I have completed a reset and restart but it didn't solve the problem.  What should I do to make them work again?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 53 of 551

I hope no one got paid for that brilliant idea. From the look of this topic, obviously people were using it. Can't you think of something else to do away with, like those stupid reminder flags that pop up. Love the "B" button. BRING IT BACK!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 54 of 551

I have been on the Xfinity chat line with "Jack" somewhere in the universe and after going through gyrations of remote and box configurations I asked him the million dollar question.  Could it be that Xfinity discontinued the "B" button?  He responded that he didn't think so.  Who's got the memo??? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 55 of 551
can you please bring back that b button function?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 56 of 551

I issue the following as a major complaint and total dissatisfaction to the removal of the “B” function on the Xfinity television remote. This function, which provided an inset viewing screen that enabled continued viewing of a program while navigating the t.v. programming listings and movie menus, was a feature that was extremely useful. Why was this extremely convenient and useful feature eliminated? My household members are extremely discourage to find out that they can no longer enjoy viewing a program while navigating through the menus. Can you tell me why this conveniently useful and valuable feature has suddenly been removed from the remote functions? We are extremely disappointed and will ardently voice our dissatisfaction to all venues that welcome consumer complaints. After maintaining some loyalty to the product that you once provided, we now find it totally unreasonable to continue with Xfinity if this feature is not restored. There are other products on the market that are becoming more attractive, useful and convenient. Again, I ask…can this feature be restored? It takes considerable time to navigate through the menus searching for a movie or something to watch and the rest of your party cannot view the program that is on. Seriously…how inconvenient is that? I welcome your response to this ardent request as soon as possible.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 57 of 551

My wife and used used the B button too.... a lot.   I don't understand the "not used" reason for deleting it.

Xfinity could you please explain that to us.   And when you make a change like that why don't you notify

your customers?  Cuases us lots of heartburn trying to figure out whats wrong with our system.  Not good

customer service/communications....

Highlighted
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 58 of 551
Poor business model...take a feature away with no notice and blame it on a recent upgrade. This is another example of what happens when you let the kids sit at the big table

What a bone-headed move. Complain to Ask Tom at copirate...oops, corporate.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 59 of 551

Bring back the B button.  I use it every day. One of the best functions of the X1 box.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 60 of 551

It's rediculous to pay a company so much money for service and then they take part of

it away. I used the B button all the time. Please reinstall its function.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 61 of 551

Please bring back the "B" shortcut button it was very useful. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 551
You can only see whats on at the time. Another terrible Comcast decision. Screw the customers. I am leavin in a month when my contract os up
Posted by
New Poster

Message 63 of 551
I would be embarrased to admit I work for a corporation that has such a lack of customer caring. I say repeal Comcast
Posted by
New Poster

Message 64 of 551

Its unfortunate that Comcast decided to remove the PIP function of the "B" button on its latest update. Another case of a corporate entity only focused on maximizing profits and with absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction. Perhaps the ideology  of breaking up large monopolies should be applied here ..... more competitiveness might force Comcast to be more attentive to its customers needs and desires. Instead, of always raising rates and forcing us to subscribe to packages with channels we never watch.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 65 of 551

Please bring back the "B" (Picture in Picture) shortcut button functionality it was very useful. And also please do not make arbitrary changes to the remote control program without telling us. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I did wrong that made it stop working.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 66 of 551

Please give it my pip back in the guide using the b button

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 67 of 551

chuck126 wrote:

My "B" and "C" button were working fine on my XR11 remote until today.  Now both buttons don't work.  The "A" button works ok.  I have completed a reset and restart but it didn't solve the problem.  What should I do to make them work again?

Hi, I moved your post to this thread. start on page one and read forward to see Comcast's answer and other comments.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 551

I agree with everyone else that this feature "B" button to display small video window needs to be reinstalled. My wife and I used at all the time and wondered what happened to it. BRING IT BACK!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 69 of 551

Yes, the right  directional arrow does bring up the guide but not "my favorites," so it takes forever to scan the  channels while watching the screen.  Would prefer you bring back the B key 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 70 of 551
"Lack of use..."? That certainly was not true in my case. I used that feature so much I wore the "B" off the button on one remote.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 71 of 551

Please restore the Pip function the B button enabled!!!!!! 

It can be as a setup option to enable.. we ALWAYS enabled it anyway. It was an extremely BAD decision to remove the functionality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just spent an hour or so going through setup, rebooting, refreshing trying to get it to work again before reading this thread. 

Not a positive direction by Xfinity 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 72 of 551

Sooo disappointed that the B button is no longer operating!  It allowed me the ultimate in channel surfing which I loved.

PLEASE bring back the B button!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 73 of 551

chuck126 wrote:

The B button has been deactivated.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2937495#M132575

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 74 of 551

Why in the world would Comcast remove "B" button PIP functionality without notice to customers?  Stupid decision!  Please reinstate this function!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 75 of 551

I also spent time resetting boxes and thinking something was wrong. I used the B button every time I pressed guide. One of the most used functions in my house. More behind the desk logic. Pathetic!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 76 of 551

When i try to enter the B button on remote will not show small picture in lower right hand corner.  Tried using the C button for sports and that works fine?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 77 of 551

Yes please bring the B button back. WE DO USE IT. plus I would like Xfinity to communicate with us before they take stuff away. They have a variety of ways to poll the users including this community forum. Please use it to consult us.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 78 of 551
Just read the forum posts about "B" button function not working. I spent 15minutes on the phone with a Comcast technical support rep who didn't even know what the B function was much less how to help me figure out why it wasn't working. I ended up ending the phone call because he clearly wasn't familiar with the system or apparent updates - which I just learned through this forum that Comcast removed the "B" button function. As others have posted, we used it all the time!! And why reduce functionality? And how did they know it wasn't used enough? On top of all that, why aren't customers notified about function changes? I wasted a half hour trouble shooting only to find out the function was removed by looking for online help. Please add back the B function, and survey customers as to what we like and what we need please! Including an option to make the Guide font bigger which is ridiculously small and was supposed to be in an update right after X1 first launched!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 79 of 551

ns4556 wrote:
Just read the forum posts about "B" button function not working. I spent 15minutes on the phone with a Comcast technical support rep who didn't even know what the B function was much less how to help me figure out why it wasn't working. I ended up ending the phone call because he clearly wasn't familiar with the system or apparent updates - which I just learned through this forum that Comcast removed the "B" button function. As others have posted, we used it all the time!! And why reduce functionality? And how did they know it wasn't used enough? On top of all that, why aren't customers notified about function changes? I wasted a half hour trouble shooting only to find out the function was removed by looking for online help. Please add back the B function, and survey customers as to what we like and what we need please! Including an option to make the Guide font bigger which is ridiculously small and was supposed to be in an update right after X1 first launched!

The ability to adjust font can be found by

Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Accessability Settings, scroll down and Press OK to turn Enhanced Text Readability On

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 551

There used to be a way to change the font size from small to medium or large. I can't find it now. You could go into settings then help then tips & tricks and then guide. There if you follow the arrows it gives you some options on different settings. I don't know if this still works.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 81 of 551

The real question is "what else has been taken away that we don't know about"?

Knowing would surer save us allot of time.....

Posted by
New Poster

Message 82 of 551

Hi Curly & All other users - 

three items: Thanks, Customer Service & possible Solution (aka workaround)

THANKS

Thanks for posting the question - I wasted a lot of time trying to "fix" mine today.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

While I can see removing functionality, to add improved functionality - I think it's crappy customer service to FAIL TO COMMUNICATE changes like this to us.  Also - the flippant comment about it not being used much, is simply senseless, given the response.  I used it ALL THE TIME.

SOLUTION aka Workaround

Anyway - I think I've figured a way around the change & thought to just share it with those that might be interested

While watching whatever show I have on

Simply push the RIGHT ARROW (next to the OK in the center of the remote)

The "Guide" will preview on the Right Side of the Screen

You will still kinda sorta see 75% of the picture (so not a true full solution)

From there you can still move up & down to view the guide

OR

enter the channel number you would like to check out & see what is currently playing

I know it's not perfect - but the picture-in-picture functionality wasn't exactly perfect with the "B" button either...

Hope that helps some people!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 83 of 551
When I go into the guide and then hit the B button, I don't get the box with the picture in it.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 84 of 551

Please restore PIP.  Our household used it all the time while scanning the guide. If you want to improve something, remove the stupid ads in the guide.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 85 of 551
I have been trying to view programming while viewing the channel guide . I have pushed the B button on X1 remote and nothing happens has this feature been removed? In addition , I have searched in seetings and have found nothing to explain.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 86 of 551

I use the B button almost daily.

This is a degredation of service.

Please restore.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 87 of 551
Why did you remove that feature? It was very helpful.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 88 of 551
Well now, this is promising. Too bad this reply was not at the beginning of the thread. Or better yet, the first response from Comcast!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 89 of 551

Andrew,

To help with your decision...bring the B button screen in screen back!!!!! I'm another person who uses it all the time!!

Just have it do multiple functions that WE can turn on/off.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 90 of 551

SU55 wrote:
I have been trying to view programming while viewing the channel guide . I have pushed the B button on X1 remote and nothing happens has this feature been removed? In addition , I have searched in seetings and have found nothing to explain.

hi, I moved your post to an on-going thread on the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 91 of 551
Was it intentionally removed or did an upgrade break it? It was a great feature and I hope you bring it back soon.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 92 of 551

Who can we write to in order to get the "B" button back?   How can they say that enough people weren't using it?   Comcast just takes it off? 
How can we get it back  - do a survey!!!!!  Comcast has become such a monopoly!!! Can we get someone to listen???  Who can we write to?

Thank you!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 551
I agree about the Monopoly. Hopefully someone gives us the b button back. I've never written in a forum so that should show them how mad we (customers) are!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 94 of 551

good_1 wrote:

Andrew,

To help with your decision...bring the B button screen in screen back!!!!! I'm another person who uses it all the time!!

Just have it do multiple functions that WE can turn on/off.

Sorry, unfortunately I'm just a field tech and have nothing to do with the B button function coming back or not,I was just answering the OP so they and others weren't left wondering why the B button didn't work any longer. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 95 of 551
I just got off the phone with technical support. The gentleman I spoke to had no idea that this function was removed from a software upgrade. We spent almost 20 minutes on the TV diagnose and everything. I called back spoke to another technical person and she informed me the same as everybody else is saying the feature has been disabled. apparently not all the employees there to Xfinity even know about this feature being removed she didn't for me she's got tons of calls today an evening regarding this feature. All we can do is call customer service and complain and hopefully they will bring it back
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 96 of 551
Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 551

I agree and I'm sure the people that can change this back do not monintor this forum. Is there an address we can write to to to make our concerns heard?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 98 of 551

My family uses that button all the time...Bring it back plz!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 99 of 551

Since the "B" button on the remotes no longer displays the current program in the lower right corner of the TV screen (feature was removed July 2017), will this feature be available with some other button?  I used this all the time when using the guide or browsing through the on Demand programs. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 100 of 551
PLEASE BRING BACK THE REMOTE CONTROL "B" BUTTON!!!!!!!!