Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 - Screensaver comes on

New Poster

X1 - Screensaver comes on

My screen occasionally changes to a screensaver while I'm watching a program.  This screensaver is a picture of a nature scene,  flowers, a beach scene, with weather in the bottom right corner.   Hitting the exit button removes it, but this should not be happening.  I have the X1 in two rooms and it happens on both systems.

Recently upgraded to X1 from DVR.    Initial frustration made me regret the decision, but I don't like change that doesn't actually make an improvement.

Susan

Accepted Solutions
Problem Solver

Re: X1 - Screensaver comes on

If you press the Xfinity button and go into your settings, you will see a listing for sceensaver. Arrow down to that and increase the time, it should fix your problem.

All Replies
Problem Solver

If you press the Xfinity button and go into your settings, you will see a listing for sceensaver. Arrow down to that and increase the time, it should fix your problem.

Bronze Problem Solver

Obviously the screen saver shouldn't be coming on while you're watching a program - only when you've paused it .  If changing the time in settings doesn't work you may need to have a tech visit and check it out.

New Poster

I checked in settings, and lo and behold, there it is ...   but there's no option to turn it off ...  only to extend it to 5 hours.

I don't want a screensaver to decide for me that I'm no longer watching the tv and thus, don't deserve to finish watching my program.

Progress.   Meh !

New Poster

Thank you for the reply ...   I did go and change it to 5 hours so I should only be annoyed by it after 5 hours and then Comcast will decide I should get up off my nether region and do something else instead of watching TV.    lol

Let's assume there's a handicapped person who has the tv going 24/7.     That's a situation where this "feature" would be a total flop.

No option to turn it off completely.

New Poster

Does anyone have a solution for this, or will Comcast fix during a software update? It happens to me all the time. I like the screen saver coming on while the show is paused,so not happy about changing the time to longer...
Contributor

Susanhaywood and Kevinc69,

The screen saver is designed to come on when there is no input from the remote for a certain time frame. This time frame may be altered in the Settings menu under Device Settings.  If you go to "Screen saver timer" and you may adjust the time up to 5 hours or turn the timer off.  The other option is to push the exit button before the screen saver comes up so as to reset the timer.  Thank you for contributing to our forums.

ComcastLinda

Expert

ComcastLinda wrote:

Susanhaywood and Kevinc69,

The screen saver is designed to come on when there is no input from the remote for a certain time frame. This time frame may be altered in the Settings menu under Device Settings.  If you go to "Screen saver timer" and you may adjust the time up to 5 hours or turn the timer off.  The other option is to push the exit button before the screen saver comes up so as to reset the timer.  Thank you for contributing to our forums.

ComcastLinda

i just hit OK button. leaves image paused