New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Remotes

Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 27

There are different remotes for our X1 boxes. This post is designed to give you information about these different remotes. 

• XR2
    • Specifications:
      • Manufacturer: Comcast
      • Model Number: Comcast XR2 Remote
    • Overview:
      • The Comcast XFINITY TV XR2 remote will control Comcast TV boxes running the XFINITY TV on the X1 guides and Motorola Non X1 TV Boxes, and High Definition DTAs.

• The remote is sleek and simple to use. There are fewer buttons so you can easily and quickly find the functions you’re looking for, and the buttons you use most often are easily accessible. Plus, the XFINITY TV Remote is smaller and easier to handle.

XR2 RemoteXR2 Remote

• XR5
    • Specifications:
      • Model Number: XR5
    • Overview:
      • The Comcast XFINITY XR5 remote will control Comcast TV boxes running XFINITY X1.
      • The XFINITY XR5 remote is identical to the XR2 remote; but with a LED backlit keypad.
      • It has a simplified, backlit button layout and can sense tilt, motion, inactivity and shock vibration.
      • Manufactured with high-end finishes, the XR5 remote contributes to a premium remote control customer experience.

XR5XR5

• XR5v3 & XR5v4
    • Specifications:
      • Model Number: XR5v3 & XR5v4
    • Overview:
      • The XFINITY TV XR5v3 and XR5v4 remotes are now provided with all new X1 installations, regardless of the method of installation (professional or self-installation) or device type (XG1, RNG150N or Xi3).

• The device functions in the same way that XR2 and XR5 remotes do

• Benefits:
      • New shape and design 

• Backlighting feature
      • New Search and Input keys added
      • Aim anywhere functionality

*Both XR5 remote models are now available for purchase via the Comcast Online Accessories Store at: http://store.xfinity.com/premium-backlit-remote/detail.php?p=628532

XR5v3 & XR5v4XR5v3 & XR5v4

• XR11
    • Specifications:
      • Model Number: XR11
    • Overview:
      • The voice remote from XFINITY is a voice-activated remote control that allows XFINITY X1 customers with a qualifying TV box* to find what they want faster by using voice commands to change channels, search for shows, get recommendations and more.
      • Customers can use their voice to quickly find their favorite content, tune to channels, and search and control their DVR.
      • The voice remote is supported by all X1 TV box models (except the RNG150N). The remote must be paired with the appropriate model TV box to enable the voice control functionality.
      • If the customer has 3D television, the customer will no longer be able to change the orientation of the guide using the XFINITY remote. Setting the TV back to 2D mode will return the guide to its normal orientation.
    • Benefits:
      • Voice control*
      • Backlit keypad
      • Aim Anywhere radio frequency (RF) pairing with X1 TV box* so that line-of-sight is not required (allows TV box to be placed in a cabinet or behind the TV and still be controlled)
      • Automatic pairing with X1 TV boxes and TV sets for control of volume, power and input (no pairing code needed)
      • Note: RNG150 TV boxes are not supported
      • Easy access to accessibility features like Closed Captioning and Voice Guidance
      • Updatable software - supports over-the-top updates
      • TV Input key, so you don't need to use your TV's remote control to change input

To order the XR11 remote see here: www.xfinity.com/voiceremote

XR11XR11 

To get codes for any of these remotes to pair them with any of your devices see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

*Note: XR11 remotes do not require codes to pair with your devices. For directions on how to pair your devices with the XR11 remote, see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/No-More-Codes-for-Voice-Remote/m-p/2838866

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
26 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 27

Am i missing something with the new X1 remote?

THe old remote had a button that would scroll throught the four display modes (normal zoom1 zoom1 wide) allowing easy conversion from HD to SD channels.  Is a similar function possible with the XR11 remote?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 27

chaswf wrote:

Am i missing something with the new X1 remote?

THe old remote had a button that would scroll throught the four display modes (normal zoom1 zoom1 wide) allowing easy conversion from HD to SD channels.  Is a similar function possible with the XR11 remote?

No, sorry. The zoom setting is available on x1 via video settings menu, Most televisions have settings too when using their remotes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 27

Will the old silver remotes work w. X1?  They have the ability to customize many items  like add a 30 second skip to a button, jump a day forwrad or back in guide, FF or REW in 5 min. increments, control volume on soundbar or AVR box, etc.

Without all the added features in the silver remote, might as well keep what we have, it would seem.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 27

miketh wrote:

Will the old silver remotes work w. X1?  They have the ability to customize many items  like add a 30 second skip to a button, jump a day forwrad or back in guide, FF or REW in 5 min. increments, control volume on soundbar or AVR box, etc.

Without all the added features in the silver remote, might as well keep what we have, it would seem.

With the guide up press Fast Forward to move the guide 24 hours

Press Exit 3 times and enter 0030 for a 30 second skip on the PGUp and PGDown. Exit 3 times and enter 0500 to return to 5 mi use skip.

If there's a code for your audio device the remote will work.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 27

This is my first post.  I just got the XR11 today.  The benefits refer to easy access to Closed Captioning.  I give up, where is such a button?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 27

Stephen1492 wrote:

This is my first post.  I just got the XR11 today.  The benefits refer to easy access to Closed Captioning.  I give up, where is such a button?

It's the same for all X1 remotes, arrow down and press OK.

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 27

Programming the much too long 5 minute skip to 30 seconds (like Dish) very useful.  Dish had 10 second back was much more useful going back from overrunning.  Any chance of 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds back?

My XR11-20 remote is programmed to turn on my Sony AV receiver which feeds to my Acer projector.  What are the chances I could get both units to power on with the "all power on" button?  Comcast techs programmed another remote to turn on my Sony TV AND my Samsung soundbar so it must be doable but not sure how.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 9 of 27

If I recall the replay button is 15 seconds backwards.

The X1 remotes might be able to turn your projector on and off but it may not be practical because you would need to point the remote at the receiver then very quickly aim it towards the projector. The X1 remotes fire the commands very quickly.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Alexcomp wrote:

Programming the much too long 5 minute skip to 30 seconds (like Dish) very useful.  Dish had 10 second back was much more useful going back from overrunning.  Any chance of 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds back?

My XR11-20 remote is programmed to turn on my Sony AV receiver which feeds to my Acer projector.  What are the chances I could get both units to power on with the "all power on" button?  Comcast techs programmed another remote to turn on my Sony TV AND my Samsung soundbar so it must be doable but not sure how.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 10 of 27

Acer projector picks up signal even when remote pointed toward xfinity box so would be no problem there.  Good point about the replay button.  Interesting observation - One of the remotes I reprogrammed for the thirty seconds has 30 seconds forward but pg back is 15 seconds.  Not sure how this happened but if true (need to check and make sure the forward isn't also 15 seconds) would seem to indicate that differential skips can be programmed.  Will report back.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 27

Parents just received X1 PR150BNC Non Dvr box. CSR at the store gave us XR2 remotes. Can I go back to store get XR5 with Backlit for Keys to Lightup? and if so why didn't they just give this one to us the first time?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 12 of 27

@tstack

You can absolutely change out the XR2 remote for the XR5 remote by taking the current remote to a local Comcast Store to make the swap.

If the XR5 remote was not given as the first time, it could be that the store you were at did not have them in stock at the time.  

You can find a Comcast Store near you here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 27

tstack wrote:

Parents just received X1 PR150BNC Non Dvr box. CSR at the store gave us XR2 remotes. Can I go back to store get XR5 with Backlit for Keys to Lightup? and if so why didn't they just give this one to us the first time?

adding.. question: did you need component out connectors and that is why you got the rng150?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 27

RickGr4 wrote:

If I recall the replay button is 15 seconds backwards.

The X1 remotes might be able to turn your projector on and off but it may not be practical because you would need to point the remote at the receiver then very quickly aim it towards the projector. The X1 remotes fire the commands very quickly.

Acer projector requires two power key depressions to turn off so the best I could hope for is to turn on.  The question is - is it possible to cause the power on key to power on two separate devices and how would I do that?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 15 of 27

Rusty, No did not need to hook with components. When we went to the store we specifically told the young woman we (my Parents) do not want a box with X1 just a plain HD Box that would still run I-Guide but when we came home I knew from the "Welcome Screen" they gave us an X1 Non Dvr box which seems to work fine but my parents don't like the fact they have to press "OK" everytime they enter a channel number(s).

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 16 of 27

tstack wrote:

Rusty, No did not need to hook with components. When we went to the store we specifically told the young woman we (my Parents) do not want a box with X1 just a plain HD Box that would still run I-Guide but when we came home I knew from the "Welcome Screen" they gave us an X1 Non Dvr box which seems to work fine but my parents don't like the fact they have to press "OK" everytime they enter a channel number(s).

That is the oldest version of X1 companion box and is well known for being slow, apps don't work, and no ability to use the voice remote XR11. If inclined, return and request a swap out for a model XG2 companion (same price).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 17 of 27

Thanks Rusty for informing me about the RGN 150 (PACE) box. This is the box they gave us at the Xfinity Store. I don't think the 22 year old CSR woman knew either what box she was giving us. Parents are older and don't know how to use the X1 Guide or I-Guide.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 27

Hey Stephen1492,

With the XR11 you can also use the voice command of "Closed Caption"  to turn captions on and off.  You do need eligible equipment though.

•XG1 TV Box
•XG2 TV Box
•Xi3 TV Box
•XiD X1 TV Box
•Xi5 Wireless TV Box (Currently in limited customer trial)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 27

I have the same problem.   The old remote controls my TV AND the Volume in the Denon AVR 1513 receiver.  I cannot get the function  to work in the XR  voice remote.  There must be a way, but How?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 20 of 27

Try reprogramming it.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/programming-your-xfinity-remote/

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Remote Settings allows you to see your XFINITY remote control's model number, firmware version and battery level, as well as customize its functionality:

• Remote Set Up and Program: Enable advanced features for your remote, such as the ability to Aim Anywhere.
  • TV and Volume Control: Set up and program your remote with your TV and audio equipment to control its input, volume, etc.
  • Voice Control: Turn the X1 Voice Control feature on or off. For details, see FAQs on the X1 Voice Remote.
  • Identify What Type of Remote You Have:
    • Select Xfinity on the remote, then go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Remote Settings. The Model will be displayed at the top center of the page.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 27

So I have a stupid question that I think I already know the answer to...  Is there a way to remap the TV Input button on a XR11 remote to go to the audio receiver instead of the TV?  I'm gussing it's not possible but figured I'd ask anyway.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 22 of 27

clambert11 wrote:

So I have a stupid question that I think I already know the answer to...  Is there a way to remap the TV Input button on a XR11 remote to go to the audio receiver instead of the TV?  I'm gussing it's not possible but figured I'd ask anyway.

as you deduced it is hard wired to work (some what) with the TV input buiton only.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 23 of 27

clambert11 wrote:

Mine is programmed for my a/v receiver instead of my TV.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/programming-your-xfinity-remote/

It can also be done with the X1 help system.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 24 of 27

I'm quite looking forward to the new XR15 remote and hope it's available soon.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 25 of 27

MikeWolf wrote:

What is different about it?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 26 of 27

RobertWy wrote:

MikeWolf wrote:

What is different about it?

Here's some info

http://red-dot.de/pd/online-exhibition/work/?lang=en&code=41-05579-2017&y=2017&c=252&a=0

The ABCD buttons appear to be repositioned. No word on release date

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 27 of 27