Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Remote volume

New Poster

X1 Remote volume

Hello

My remote will skip volume levels. I have it paired to my Denon receiver and when I press volume up or down it will go 27-28-29 and then jump to 42-43-44

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Remote volume

I think I found a workaround for this issue. I searched for the Marantz codes and one of them works for the Denon receiver. Volume works normally now. Thanks

All Replies
Expert

@Maggienagode wrote:
Hello

My remote will skip volume levels. I have it paired to my Denon receiver and when I press volume up or down it will go 27-28-29 and then jump to 42-43-44

What happens when you use the Denon remote to change volume if you hold down the button?

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a Denon AVR-S700W receiver. The volume jumps like 5-7 for every volume up press and the same when pressing down. If I use the remote for the Denon receiver, it works normally but if I use the XR15 remote, it jumps rapidly on every volume press. Very strange. I've tried all the Denon codes. I'm currently using code 32857.

Thanks,

Expert

@randalla wrote:

I'm having the same issue with a Denon AVR-S700W receiver. The volume jumps like 5-7 for every volume up press and the same when pressing down. If I use the remote for the Denon receiver, it works normally but if I use the XR15 remote, it jumps rapidly on every volume press. Very strange. I've tried all the Denon codes. I'm currently using code 32857.

Thanks,

first check to see if a firmware update is available for your Denon. you can also contact Denon tech support for assistance with the problem. the up/down is handled by their system.

Regular Visitor

Hmmm, it only happens with the XR15 remote. Receiver's firmware is up to date. I've also used the Directv's remote and didn't have this problem.  

Expert

@randalla wrote:

Hmmm, it only happens with the XR15 remote. Receiver's firmware is up to date. I've also used the Directv's remote and didn't have this problem.  

do you have an xr11 that has a working code that does one number up/down for volume changes instead of 6-7?

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately I don't, all 3 remotes are XR15. Just signed up with Comcast TV, was a Directv/Dish customer for over 20 years. I see where you're going with this and I think it's worth a shot. I may get one from Amazon just to see if the XR11 works. Thanks

Regular Visitor

I think I found a workaround for this issue. I searched for the Marantz codes and one of them works for the Denon receiver. Volume works normally now. Thanks