Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Remote Eating Batteries

New Poster

X1 Remote Eating Batteries

X1 Remote burns up battery life. Have gone through 2 batteries per month. Single user, no children.

Why can't remote be put on a recharging base? Duh.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

Your remote is defective. Comcast service centers replace remotes for free.
New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

Clarification: Tech support has no knowledge of any remotes being defective.

 The 'old' X1 remote should be replaced with the new X1 remote that has the voice feature.

 

FYI: My suggestion of providing a remote that can be put on a charging base has been passed to Xfinity and will be addressed in a meeting. Stay tuned

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

Comcast will NEVER provide a remote control with rechargeable batteries and a charging base, at least not for free. It's too expensive for them.

That being said, I am not a fan of ANY of the X1 remotes. All three of my AV systems that have X1 boxes are controlled by Harmony 900 remotes that I programmed myself. The Harmony 900 (discontinued but easy to find) is LIGHT YEARS more capable than any of the X1 remotes....


mrsherb43 wrote:

Clarification: Tech support has no knowledge of any remotes being defective.

 The 'old' X1 remote should be replaced with the new X1 remote that has the voice feature.

 

FYI: My suggestion of providing a remote that can be put on a charging base has been passed to Xfinity and will be addressed in a meeting. Stay tuned











New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

The comcast remotes burn through batteries because they activate and then listen to non-tv sounds when it detects specific decibel levels and frequencies(such as a human's voice). IF voice command is deactivated, the batteries last a long time.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

The voice command feature in the XR11 remote does not activate unless the microphone button is being pressed.

I think it is fairly well documented in this forum that when the XR11 remote has poor battery life the remote is defective and should be replaced.

I have at least 10 XR11 remotes in my house and none of them have poor battery life.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


mrsherb43 wrote:

X1 Remote burns up battery life. Have gone through 2 batteries per month. Single user, no children.

Why can't remote be put on a recharging base? Duh.


I was replacing batteries in mine every week. Called Comcast and they sent one in the mail. Works fine. They charged me $6 on the next bill and I called and complained and they wiped out the fee. So I got the remote for free

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

Comcast service centers replace remotes for free...

 


skintime wrote:

mrsherb43 wrote:

X1 Remote burns up battery life. Have gone through 2 batteries per month. Single user, no children.

Why can't remote be put on a recharging base? Duh.


I was replacing batteries in mine every week. Called Comcast and they sent one in the mail. Works fine. They charged me $6 on the next bill and I called and complained and they wiped out the fee. So I got the remote for free


 

 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast service centers replace remotes for free...

 


skintime wrote:

mrsherb43 wrote:

X1 Remote burns up battery life. Have gone through 2 batteries per month. Single user, no children.

Why can't remote be put on a recharging base? Duh.


I was replacing batteries in mine every week. Called Comcast and they sent one in the mail. Works fine. They charged me $6 on the next bill and I called and complained and they wiped out the fee. So I got the remote for free


 

 


Closest service center to me is 45 minutes away. I'd rather get it in the mail

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

 


RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast will NEVER provide a remote control with rechargeable batteries and a charging base, at least not for free. It's too expensive for them.

That being said, I am not a fan of ANY of the X1 remotes. All three of my AV systems that have X1 boxes are controlled by Harmony 900 remotes that I programmed myself. The Harmony 900 (discontinued but easy to find) is LIGHT YEARS more capable than any of the X1 remotes....


mrsherb43 wrote:

Clarification: Tech support has no knowledge of any remotes being defective.

 The 'old' X1 remote should be replaced with the new X1 remote that has the voice feature.

 

FYI: My suggestion of providing a remote that can be put on a charging base has been passed to Xfinity and will be addressed in a meeting. Stay tuned


does this Harmoney 9000 remote have the voice control?











New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


RickGr4 wrote:
The voice command feature in the XR11 remote does not activate unless the microphone button is being pressed.

I think it is fairly well documented in this forum that when the XR11 remote has poor battery life the remote is defective and should be replaced.

I have at least 10 XR11 remotes in my house and none of them have poor battery life.

I plan soon to add more TV's so I am wonering if many X1 main boxes on just one incoming cable will affect the quality of the TV and computer wifi device signal, I may  actually add 2 more main X1 boxes to give us more channels to record. 

Expert

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


Yorgos41 wrote:

 


RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast will NEVER provide a remote control with rechargeable batteries and a charging base, at least not for free. It's too expensive for them.

That being said, I am not a fan of ANY of the X1 remotes. All three of my AV systems that have X1 boxes are controlled by Harmony 900 remotes that I programmed myself. The Harmony 900 (discontinued but easy to find) is LIGHT YEARS more capable than any of the X1 remotes....


mrsherb43 wrote:

Clarification: Tech support has no knowledge of any remotes being defective.

 The 'old' X1 remote should be replaced with the new X1 remote that has the voice feature.

 

FYI: My suggestion of providing a remote that can be put on a charging base has been passed to Xfinity and will be addressed in a meeting. Stay tuned


does this Harmoney 9000 remote have the voice control?


Xfinity X1 voice in home is connected by RF from the remote only. to date no IR connection to the voice has been available. you can use the Xfinity tV remote smart device app to use voice commands.


Expert

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


Yorgos41 wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:
The voice command feature in the XR11 remote does not activate unless the microphone button is being pressed.

I think it is fairly well documented in this forum that when the XR11 remote has poor battery life the remote is defective and should be replaced.

I have at least 10 XR11 remotes in my house and none of them have poor battery life.

I plan soon to add more TV's so I am wonering if many X1 main boxes on just one incoming cable will affect the quality of the TV and computer wifi device signal, I may  actually add 2 more main X1 boxes to give us more channels to record. 


The X1 system is whole home. you can add DTAs to give limited basic channels and no on-demand or premium movie channels that may be in your subscription. All X1 set top boxes will see all recordings on all DVRs in the home. many of us have 3 DVRs not sure if more will work. Could you give your current model numbers and what you plan to add (outlets for full x1 subscriptions)? then anyone can give their advice on what you could use to meet your needs.

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

I have four remotes - 2 for tv’s barely used. They ALL need new batteries every 2 weeks whether used or not! I’m buying batteries at COSTCO just to keep up.
Doubt it all 4 are “defective “.
New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries

I’m willing to try anything. Whatever $ I’m saving by having Xfinity, I’m spending on batteries.
Expert

Re: X1 Remote Eating Batteries


@jcavazosca wrote:
I’m willing to try anything. Whatever $ I’m saving by having Xfinity, I’m spending on batteries.

I use this battery:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-Ultimate-Lithium-AA-Batteries-AA-Lithium-Li-12-Pack/139060065?w...