members

online now

discussions

X1 REALLY slow

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

When we moved last June, we were forced into the X1 service. It has been terribly slow from the start and I miss the old set up. When we press buttons to type in a channel or search for something, it lags really bad. I'll finish typing in something and I have to sit there and wait for the TV to catch up.

We also have the issue where everything freezes, usually multiple times a month, and we need to turn off the TV and reset the box. Usually when this happens, the TV doesn't respond to any button pressed on the remote. I also had the issue the other week where the TV completely froze up as well. For the price we are paying for the triple play (which, per my contract, I know is going up $25 at my next bill-- not worth it), I think the constant aggravation is completely unacceptable.

I miss the old service (which my parents still have, fortunately for them) where you press a button and the TV actually responds as you are pressing the buttons. What's the deal?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3
What you are describing is classic symptoms of signal deficiencies. This is not uncommon with X1 boxes because they are signal sensitive.

Have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi kimberly-s, apologies for your experiences with your X1 service, upon review of your account I am showing poor upstream signal that is looking to be affecting all of your equipment.  I would recommend a tech visit to come out and find/correct the underlying issue and will send you a private message to get one scheduled.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon