Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Platform - Really is garbage

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 16

From reading countless other posts this probably was the worst decision that I made in getting service with Comcast and not AT&T or another provider.

We've had services installed on Monday and today being Friday we have already had issues with having to reset the top box going onto 3 days now of unplugging and replugging and waiting forever for a reboot just to get the same message of "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform" as if we didn't realize that. Finally we called today 4 days after installation of services and they are stating that they have to send out a tech again or that we can visit our nearby Comcast locations to swap out hardware; yeah I am not driving anywhere to waste my time and still have to pay for service I am obviously not receiving with no guarentee that the new box will even make a difference!  Which means that again we have to wait for someone to come within a 2hr window of time wasted on our weekend because they didn't get it right the first time during installation.

I'm pretty amused with customer service that after I tell them my issue they tell me I only literally have one option and then ask me so what would you like to do? Like I have a freaking choice other than have a tech come back out to check out the equipment!!!!

Error codes RDK 03030 and RDK-03030 appear with all these instructions of what to do on the screen yet, when I research those codes on Comast page it literally says, "Unfortunately, there are no troubleshooting steps for this issue and please contact us" contact customer service for what?? They apparently try to walk me through trouble shooting techniques when it's clear there are none - waste of my time again! So now I have no cable during a holiday weekend to entertain my visitor's children and yet we are being billed for service that we cannot use and at no time has any customer service rep made an effort to even say that they will credit our bill for services that obviously cannot be used.

If anyone reading this is interested in getting new service with Xfinity X1 Platform I strongly do not recommend this service to anyone and quite frankly if this isn't resolved I will cxl these services because their service along with customer service really is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 16

I don't know why people say the X1 system is garbage in general. It's not. You most likely have signal issues. I've had no major issues since I installed it 2-3 months ago. Realisticly, the techs can't check every little detail during an install. They are only given so much time per job. If I was a tech and hooked a box up and it worked just fine, I wouldn't bother checking the lines for issues to anticipate that when the wind blows it causes the connections to become loose and signal leak in or out of the lines.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 16

X1 trouble since I switched from HD any room completed triple play.

Replace 4 working boxes with "NEW X1 boxes", all were working when tech left, he changed all RJ45 connections and tested cables for signal level, even though original RJ45 were fine.

All 4 were working when tech left, the main unit and master bed room were working, when we tried to use the family room or Den a few days later both showed "Your service had been suspended. Call 1-800-XFINITY".

I went to local office to verify service, they said should work, resent codes and said to power cycle when we got home.

I did power cycle on both, no good, called support and after may tries and could not get living room working, tech said 2nd level would call, 1st CR ticket.

2nd CR tech was not any better in getting working either.

A 3rd CR was issused to have another on-site tech come and check units. he said that they should work, and after a couple of power cycles and resend of codes he swap both boxes with he had in truck. Both boxes came up and were working when he left.

Later in evening, went to use living room, and it was not working again, checked den and same thing.

Called in 4 CR ticket for online support and after many tries, could get a few local channel only, and now another on-site tech is scheduled to come out again next week.

AT&T is lookiing better.

COMCAST this is your last chance to keep my service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 16

Agree with this post. Installed two weeks ago. I have had four service calls and more phone chats than I can count. Modems have been twice replaced, connections tested and all seems well, only to fail again hours later. Thankfully my 30 day guarantee will be in effect until 7/18. I am awaiting a promised call (on a holiday) for more than seven hours, hah! been with Comcast 17 years and switched to this junk.

Never thought I'd try AT&T, but here I go...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 16
Sorry you are having such issues. Typically these are caused by poor signal issues. From personal experience with good signal strength the x1 is very good. Better than anything AT&T has. Good luck. I can understand your frustrations.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 6 of 16

fpirelli is absolutely correct. Get your signal levels straightened out and X1 will work just fine. In my case the RF amp that Comcast installed at my house over two years ago proved to not be the right amp for X1. Once I installed the correct RF amp last October X1 has worked very well for me.

X1 will test your patience and it might take an additional service visit to get everything right but X1 DOES WORK WELL...

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 7 of 16

John3758 wrote: ... If I was a tech and hooked a box up and it worked just fine, I wouldn't bother checking the lines ...

A tech that hooks up any cable equipment (especially X1) without checking signal quality is a lousy tech. How would they know if they're right on the verge of out of range levels or excessive noise without checking?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 16
John3758 wrote: ... If I was a tech and hooked a box up and it worked just fine, I wouldn't bother checking the lines ...
A tech that hooks up any cable equipment (especially X1) without checking signal quality is a lousy tech. How would they know if they're right on the verge of out of range levels or excessive noise without
--------------------------
100% right bruce

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 16
Realisticly, the techs can't check every little detail during an install. They are only given so much time per job.
-------------------
As a tech, time is on my side, and take as much as needed, there are more than enough techs to cover. I choose quality over quantity

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 16

Service call scheduled today (Saturday) from 5-7PM.

Received various calls from Comcast (automated) calls to confirm the service call the usual ones that everyone receives. Well apparently Comcast customer service reps don't listen to anything customers say! Received a call from a "x" because they didn't even leave their name on my voicemail and wish I could upload the file onto here because the voicemails was just ridiculous. Long story short they ended up calling the wrong contact # as instructed to call a specific # since I was not going to be home, but my husband was and they decided to cxl our appointment since when they called at 4:11PM with no answer on my phone; hence why I gave them my husband because i was NOT going to be available.  Yet, our service call was for 5-7PM there is a reason why people schedule appointments so that they are available during those times not earlier because you want to get off of work early (not our problem).

Then I call customer service to complain & the rep states that the appointment was cancelled due to customer request?!! Really because I never nor my husband requested a cancellation especially since this X1 platform is still not working!! Rep trys to lie that they do not cancel unless the tech speaks to the customer and stated that they called; yes they called on the wrong # and I didn't request any cancellation!

Now we have to wait again. Let's see if they really do get here and call the # provided as stated if not I will definately use those 30 days to cxl this horrible cable service. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 16

It is now 7:58 and Comcast tech still has NOT shown up. Called customer service and was told that there was no such appointment confirmed even though I called at 4:57PM to ensure someone would be here and that we did not cancel such original appointment (5-7PM). Rep told us that someone would be here at 6:20 and she was specific. Well guess what it is now almost 8PM and NO ONE has come or called!!!!

Husband has called and spoke to Damonica in customer service and was told that her manager would call us back since it was about a 35 minute wait to speak with her. So will be awaiting her call as we are NOT wasting anymore time on our weekend to deal with crappy service and no cable!!!!!

Comcast really needs to get it together and someone needs to call back because I will upload the voicemail and post to FB and repost all of this until there is a response to this ridiculousness. There is literally no accountability at all.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 12 of 16
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 16
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 14 of 16
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 16
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 16 of 16

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.