members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 401 of 718

"not on a tablet"???

I can watch X1 on my iPad and on my iPhone and on my PC.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 402 of 718

Hi,

No you misunderstood. NOT on a TV connected to a tablet - ie. AirPlay, chromecast etc.....

the he app blocks external Hamilton devices 😡

G

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 403 of 718

Usually the on demand menu has the past few days listed. When I turn it on first thing in the morning, the previous day does not show up. I've tried turning it off and unplugging it. But it still takes all day or until the next day to show up. What else can I do?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 404 of 718

I've noticed that the On Demand system is very glitchy.  For instance, is there a reason that some episodes of shows are only in SD on demand one day, but another day that same episode is in HD?  It's happened to me more than once and I originally thought it was that the episode that I was watching aired the night before so for some reason HD is disabled.  But last night I watched a show that originally aired over a week ago and it was in SD.  And this happens on different shows on different networks.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 405 of 718

Hanshewdg wrote:

Usually the on demand menu has the past few days listed. When I turn it on first thing in the morning, the previous day does not show up. I've tried turning it off and unplugging it. But it still takes all day or until the next day to show up. What else can I do?

x1 equipment does not 'store' locally (cache) that type of info, not even the channel guide. It is presented in a server generated HTML (essentially like a web page) format for your local box to present to you. turning it off and back on will not change what is available. 

If you have a DVR recording of an episode the on-demand asset of that same episode should not be available as the original content's commericial content has priority (reservation) on your viewing. Deleting the show (no need to empty or remove from deleted recordings folder), will allow the display of all the on-demand episodes currently available. The rights holder determines via contract with your MSO (cable provider) which (if any) episodes are available for on-demand.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 406 of 718
You used to be able to select Xfinity, on demand, TV, scroll down and you would see the TV shows for each day of the week. Today is Wednesday. If I turn on the on demand right now I would be able to view Tuesday Monday and Sunday. What good does that do me what TV would I like to watch tonight I would like to watch Wednesday can I see whats on TV for Wednesday - no I have to go back into the full guide and view all shows in the guide I can't scroll through the on demand like they had it before this is a complete fail.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 407 of 718

You may not be understanding it correctly (or I'm not understanding you).  When you access On Demand and go to TV shows, that is a list of popular shows that originally aired on those days.  It has nothing to do with when you can watch them.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 408 of 718

What on earth is "On Demand" -> Web? 

Does Xfinity's development team ever test anything? 

I was watching a recorded program.  Decided to check for a clip from another show and hit the on Demand menu without exiting out of the recorded program.  With the X1 box, normally this sort of thing can be done all the time.  Switch between channels, from live tv to the recording and back etc.

I saw a clip I wanted to see in the On Demand menu and clicked on it before I realized it was in the "Web" content under On Demand.

First it wouldnt' play, there was some error. Fine, I don't watch to watch a "web" feed, I could use a computer to do that.  So I just kept watching my recorded program.

*Then* about 10 secs later the web clip comes on, except the recorded program is still playing as I can hear the audio track.  And I cannot end the web clip or exit out of the recorded program.  One after another web clip keeps playing while the display on the X1 says its playing the recorded program. Eventually I am able to stop the recorded program but even live TV does not display--just the web clips.

I end up having to reboot the box to stop the web clip playback, which is utterly ridiculous.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 409 of 718

We have had several instances, where On Demand fails. We select some episode, select plat, and it churns for abot 30 seconds then errors out. We sometimes just retry it 2 or 3 times and it might finally, or maybe not. It seems very random, and very frustrating.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 410 of 718
You used to be able to click into on demand TV to view a Picture list of TV shows (not text) featured TV, recent TV shows, the TV shows for every night of the week, new series this week, start from the beginning, a "because you watched ____" category ", drama, reality, comedy, browser and highlights. What they have eliminated is the view if the the shows for yesterday, today, tomorrow, and the day after. So the next view I can see is Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday shows. Which does me no good for Thursday, Friday, Saturday. You cannot forced to scroll through the big huge list to find a TV show. This was actually one of the main selling points my husband and I liked about this system. They need to bring back the TV guide back for the day
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 411 of 718

I was receiving a SRM-9004 error message when attempting to use On Demand.

I found out that I needed to call Comcast and request that "the entitlements be reset for my DVR" to fix the problem.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 412 of 718

Hello,

I would have posted this in the On Demand subforum, but the top message there says to post all On Demand issues on X1 here, so here I go...

I have a series recording set for CW's "Arrow", and have not noticed any issues worthy of reporting with regards to this until now.  Episode 9 aired in December,and it was the fall finale.  It DID air, but for some reason, my DVR did not record it (which is an issue itself, but I digress).  No problem, or so I thought...I went in the episodes screen, and for some reason, it was also not available On Demand...all other episodes appear to be there, but this one is skipped.  

I tried going to the CW's site to see if I could possibly watch it Online, but for some reason it is not there either (which I am fully aware has NOTHING to do with Xfinity, I just find this confounding, and possibly relevant to my issue).

I do not want to PAY a 3rd party to see this episode, but I am running out of ideas (from all reports, it was a very integral episode).  I was hoping that someone here might have an idea.

I have already looked to see if perchance this episode was stuck in my cloud version of my DVR, but it was not there.  I also read somewhere on here that hard rebooting my box could help, so I intend on doing that this evening when I get home.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 413 of 718

Posting this message while attempting to watch episode 1 of the X-files.  Been almost 20 mintues of nothing but commercials.  Is there a progam stored to watch or is it just an hour and 40 minutes of commercials listed as the X-files?

Doesn't help that I cannot fast forward to find the program I am trying to watch.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 414 of 718
Since I can't seem to start a new topic...I'll reply to a two year old one. What is going on with On Demand? There are complete episodes missing, episodes not available (Shannara chronicles) episodes disappearing directly after viewing them ect?

I'm not getting any erros, the episodes simply are not there. This isn't some "networks limit how and what is on demand". This is a software screw up somewhere. There are episodes which should be there from this week and last that simply arent.

Any reply and help would be great.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 415 of 718

Update to my previous post:

1. Interesting that my post got moved from the X1 section to the On Demand section, when the instructions at the top of the On Demand section says to post X1 On Demand items in the X1 section.

2.  X-Files S10E1 in HD is in fact 101 minutes of commercials.  Thanks Xfinity and Fox.

3. X-Files S10E1 in SD is the program.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 416 of 718

What sort of error code does it give you? Likely starting with 3 letters (ie. VOD-, SRM-, RDK-, or XRE-).

Posted by
Visitor

Message 417 of 718

New X1 box installed today. When I pick an episode of any show or a movie on ON Demand I get error message "unable to play video". Error code XRE-03092. What to do?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 418 of 718

Try rebooting the box.  Unplug it and plug it back in after a few seconds.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 419 of 718

Rebooted the box with the same reuslts. Further investigation by me shows that select channels in the 800's (HD) are out like Fox Business, Fox News, and Chicago channel (still searching). I also tried the lower HD channels in the 200's and found the same results. Some come up and others didn't. And as a note I have always had them before now. But the fact that I can NOT reach comsact in any way concerns me. I even tried CHAT online with NO results.

Michael Smith

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 420 of 718

ChiefRedCloud wrote:

Rebooted the box with the same reuslts. Further investigation by me shows that select channels in the 800's (HD) are out like Fox Business, Fox News, and Chicago channel (still searching). I also tried the lower HD channels in the 200's and found the same results. Some come up and others didn't. And as a note I have always had them before now. But the fact that I can NOT reach comsact in any way concerns me. I even tried CHAT online with NO results.

Michael Smith

My local media is reporting a national outage of HD channels... Local Channels are working....  www.downdetector.com confirmed this report.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 421 of 718

This is ridiculous. I just watched 24 minutes of straight commercials, getting angrier and angrier with each new or repeated commercial. Thank you for letting me know that the SD version works. Looks horrible on my tv, but at least I'm finally watching the TV show and not just commercial after commercial. I don't know if this is Fox's or Xfinity's fault, but this is ridiculous and I am much less likely to watch Fox On Demand from now on. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 422 of 718

I have been trying to watch on demand for a month and it keeps giving me this error message and telling me try again later.

and why does every show i try to watch tell me to subscibe?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 423 of 718
Either way, we are paying Comcast for our prigramming. They need to do more than say, reboot your box and we don't control on demand content... I'll go back to att if this keeps up...athe least thier on demand works...
Posted by
Visitor

Message 424 of 718
First off, sometimes my OnDemand is missing episodes, sometimes it just won't work at all and tell me I need to "upgrade my services". Sometimes resetting the box helps but other times it just won't be there. Secondly, for some reason even though we have HD and our box is connected via HDMI cable, it won't let us watch HD channels or HD OnDemand. And lastly, we have DVR on our plan, I know this because I went through a major headache and a week of being given the run around to get it, however it won't let us record anything. Ever. Since we got it, everytime we try it says that "we are having problems, try again later." I love Xfinity and I would hate to not be able to stay with y'all but this service is more trouble than it's worth. What's wrong?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 425 of 718

How do I resolve the SRM-8012 message problem?  Can't get cable channels or VOD.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 426 of 718

trevino1123 wrote:
First off, sometimes my OnDemand is missing episodes, sometimes it just won't work at all and tell me I need to "upgrade my services". Sometimes resetting the box helps but other times it just won't be there. Secondly, for some reason even though we have HD and our box is connected via HDMI cable, it won't let us watch HD channels or HD OnDemand. And lastly, we have DVR on our plan, I know this because I went through a major headache and a week of being given the run around to get it, however it won't let us record anything. Ever. Since we got it, everytime we try it says that "we are having problems, try again later." I love Xfinity and I would hate to not be able to stay with y'all but this service is more trouble than it's worth. What's wrong?

missing episodes: not determined by comcast but the content providers.  sometimes only the portable/web has some episodes that are not available on the set top box. blame the networks and content providers.

on-demand need 'reset' of boxes call 877-896-8678, you may not only need entitlement refresh but may need firmware update.

re: have a DVR or not issue any of the set top boxes have a clock on the front? (only DVRs have a clock)

re: HD channels: when you tune to one, do you get an error message? when you press the xfinity button do you have "APP" as a menu choice?

have you tried accessing your services using a smart device (apple or android, or desk/laptop)?

edit: used iphone, searched for x-files on the xfinity TV app and played first few minutes of first episode; it had about 30 seconds of commercials before beginning the episode.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 427 of 718

the trailer for on demand movie the secret in their eyes is from 2009 foreign film not the 2015 film.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 428 of 718

I went into the Food Network On Demand section to catch up on some shows and found there are no On Demand episodes available. I checked a couple of other networks and there are no On Demand episodes there either. The only shows that show up are ones that are scheduled to air in coming days. I tried restarting the X1 with no change.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm in the Mpls/St. Paul area.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 429 of 718

Checking for you in Eagan. Can't see any problems. I am currently searching Food Network and I don't see any problems. I was able to see plenty of episodes and play from On Demand.

workerdummy wrote:

I went into the Food Network On Demand section to catch up on some shows and found there are no On Demand episodes available. I checked a couple of other networks and there are no On Demand episodes there either. The only shows that show up are ones that are scheduled to air in coming days. I tried restarting the X1 with no change.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm in the Mpls/St. Paul area.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 430 of 718

I'm having the same problem with Game of Thrones. XRE-07003. "There are no episodes available at this time. Check back soon as programming is updated frequently." I'm getting pretty frustrated... I've had this issue before, but resetting the DVR box has worked. Not this time... I tried some other random On Demand show and there were episodes available.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 431 of 718
Posted by
Visitor

Message 432 of 718

I just had comcast/Xfinity installed, and I can't watch any on demand shows.

Says "Sorry, we're having some trouble"  "This program is not available to watch at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes."  XRE-07004

Anything I can do to fix???

Thanks!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 433 of 718

MP_in_EG wrote:

Says "Sorry, we're having some trouble"  "This program is not available to watch at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes."  XRE-07004

Thanks!

hit exit and xfinity button in about 2 minutes. It means the OD server didn't reply with the programming.

if you wish you can call x1 support at 877-896-8678

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 434 of 718
This is pretty ridiculous that I actually believed upgrading to X1 would solve some of my ongoing Comcast problems! I feel it only got worse!!!! For the past 6 days, I have not been able to watch anything on demand after 10pm. At first I thought it was just a one time thing & it would resolve itself & not happen again but then it happened the next night, & then the next, & then the next & so on. I've been able to watch on demand during the day with no problems. I've tried resetting the box, restarting it & had a refresh signal sent. Nothing sees to be working. Also, around this same time I've noticed that when the on demand isn't working the blue light on my box turns green. I checked into the box setting & nothing seems to have changed since I originally set the box up when we received it, so I'm not sure what is going on. I would like this problem to be fixed immediately! It's extremely frustrating paying you all my hard earned money & not receiving parts of my services. It's just seems to be one problem after abother to the point that I absolutely HATE calling & speaking to someone who keeps asking me the same questions over and over while repeating everything I'm saying. It obviously seems like your employees are following a script of some sort & that does not make calling for tech support enjoyable one bit! & to top it off by the end of the call, my problem is resolved but 15 mins I'm back on the phone being annoyed once again with the same problem. It shouldn't be this way when I'm paying for a service. You're duty as a company is to provide myself & your many other customers the service they are paying for. It's truly not fair for us! It's a complete rip off! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like Comcast is a scam & just stealing money right out of my pocket.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 435 of 718

ACVilla11 wrote:
This is pretty ridiculous that I actually believed upgrading to X1 would solve some of my ongoing Comcast problems! I feel it only got worse!!!! For the past 6 days, I have not been able to watch anything on demand after 10pm. At first I thought it was just a one time thing & it would resolve itself & not happen again but then it happened the next night, & then the next, & then the next & so on. I've been able to watch on demand during the day with no problems. I've tried resetting the box, restarting it & had a refresh signal sent. Nothing sees to be working. Also, around this same time I've noticed that when the on demand isn't working the blue light on my box turns green. I checked into the box setting & nothing seems to have changed since I originally set the box up when we received it, so I'm not sure what is going on. I would like this problem to be fixed immediately! It's extremely frustrating paying you all my hard earned money & not receiving parts of my services. It's just seems to be one problem after abother to the point that I absolutely HATE calling & speaking to someone who keeps asking me the same questions over and over while repeating everything I'm saying. It obviously seems like your employees are following a script of some sort & that does not make calling for tech support enjoyable one bit! & to top it off by the end of the call, my problem is resolved but 15 mins I'm back on the phone being annoyed once again with the same problem. It shouldn't be this way when I'm paying for a service. You're duty as a company is to provide myself & your many other customers the service they are paying for. It's truly not fair for us! It's a complete rip off! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like Comcast is a scam & just stealing money right out of my pocket.

The next time you have a Tech out to your house, ask them for the numbers of your local Tech Support. The installer gave me the numbers for ours here and any problems I've had have been corrected very quickly and I don't have to go through their audio maze of annoying prompts. They can also schedule repair calls.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 436 of 718

Rustyben wrote:

MP_in_EG wrote:

Thanks!

hit exit and xfinity button in about 2 minutes. It means the OD server didn't reply with the programming.

if you wish you can call x1 support at 877-896-8678

Thanks for the reply.

I called tech support and they refreshed the box, but that didn't seem to help.  He checked the signal strength and said I was getting a weak signal, so had a service call set up.  Then, later, all seemed to be working, so I called and cancelled the service call.  Haven't had any trouble since, so I will keep my fingers crossed that it continues to work.  I hope the low signal issue doesn't cause future issues.  Only have one DVR and one satellite box, plus the cable modem.  

Thanks again!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 437 of 718
SRM-0X0011 issue
Options
I am a new customer and any room I try to watch on demand I get the famous SRM-0x0011 code. As I've read I'm not the only one. All of my cable is new. Why should I be having this problem. I shouldn't be with the $ I am paying each month for the service.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 438 of 718

Slickwill1087 wrote:
SRM-0X0011 issue
Options
I am a new customer and any room I try to watch on demand I get the famous SRM-0x0011 code. As I've read I'm not the only one. All of my cable is new. Why should I be having this problem. I shouldn't be with the $ I am paying each month for the service.

You'll need to call Tech Support to schedule a visit. When the tech is there, ask them for the numbers for your local tech support people. I only call the ones here in my area. Things get fixed faster and correctly the first time.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/On-Demand-error-code-SRM-0x0011/td-p/2565605

I shouldn't be with the $ I am paying each month for the service.

We all say that too!

Good luck!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 439 of 718

Will Dancing with the Stars be recorded and placed "On Demand"?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 440 of 718

OnDemand is not "recordings".

Comcast also has no control over what is placed on OnDemand.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 441 of 718

John3758 wrote: OnDemand is not "recordings". ...

Awfully picky dude. If not recordings, what does On Demand consist of?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 442 of 718

BruceW wrote:

John3758 wrote: OnDemand is not "recordings". ...

Awfully picky dude. If not recordings, what does On Demand consist of?

In a nutshell, he's saying that Comcast doesn't record a show as you would on your DVR and then put it into the On Demand pool.  On Demand assets are provided to Comcast by entity that has the rights to the asset.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 443 of 718

In other words, content owners (networks, producers, studio) decide what to make available for On Demand viewing.

For Dancing With The Stars, that would be ABC.

To answer your question, yes it will be available through On Demand.

The new season started yesterday, March 21st.

That episode is already in On Demand. (confirmed by looking for and it is there, available until March 28th)

Future episodes should be available the following day.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 444 of 718

Corder wrote: Will Dancing with the Stars be recorded and placed "On Demand"?

To respond to your question more directly, there really should be a simple way for customers to find this information, but there is not. The impossibly complicated agreements between program suppliers and distributors like Comcast are confidential, and guarded with a level of secrecy that the NSA probably envies.

Once in a while, an employee will post what the schedule should be for a program or a network, but questions like yours rarely receive the official answer they deserve. You'll only get a reliable and complete answer to your question if an employee checks on it and responds here, and that hardly ever happens. Without that, all you'll get is guesses from your fellow customers that almost always degenerate to the ridiculously simple-minded "if it's available, then it's available, and if it is not, then it's not."

Comcast could easily distill the essence of their top-secret agreements down to essentials, and provide a way for customers to determine what programs will be, are, or have been available for viewing On Demand on cable boxes, and for streaming online. But that would cost them a little bit of money, and Comcast does not like to waste money by spending it on their customers.

Sorry.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 445 of 718
I completely agree with you. I just heard about the series OUTSIDERS, and had to start on episode 5. The first 4 episodes aren't anywhere. I checked Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime when I realized Xfinity was missing these episodes. Idk who has control over the availability of episodes on demand, but particularly with a new series.... all of the episodes should remain available for a while! Sometimes people don't know about a new show right away. I hadn't even heard of this show until yesterday, but now I'm hooked. I just wish I could see the first 4 episodes I've missed out on.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 446 of 718

Mandy316 wrote:
I completely agree with you. I just heard about the series OUTSIDERS, and had to start on episode 5. The first 4 episodes aren't anywhere. I checked Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime when I realized Xfinity was missing these episodes. Idk who has control over the availability of episodes on demand, but particularly with a new series.... all of the episodes should remain available for a while! Sometimes people don't know about a new show right away. I hadn't even heard of this show until yesterday, but now I'm hooked. I just wish I could see the first 4 episodes I've missed out on.

This has been discussed a ton.  Availability of content is controlled by the content owner, in this case WGN.  Best bet is to inquire with them why they're not releasing it on demand.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 447 of 718

What does it mean when a *free* movie indicates it is only by subscription.  I have no idea what subscription it's talking about.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 448 of 718

celhgnout wrote:

What does it mean when a *free* movie indicates it is only by subscription.  I have no idea what subscription it's talking about.

"Subscription" means your package includes a subscription to that "network/channel".... the movie will be free if you are subscribed to that offering.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 449 of 718

I did some more checking and it seems the movie I was internest in (The Incredibles) is only free if you are subcribed to a Disney package.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 450 of 718

celhgnout wrote:

I did some more checking and it seems the movie I was internest in (The Incredibles) is only free if you are subcribed to a Disney package.

I think disney is in most non-basic (lowest level) packages now. Is it on a linear numbered channel? if so check your channel line up on any smart device by apple or android with the xfinity myAccount app. Under the TV tab it will list all (only) channels you have in your package.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon