New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 351 of 718

I recently upgraded to X1 because it was apparently the only way to fix our signal and picture issues (get the new box and pay an addtl $10 mo. for HD) and since then I cannot watch the most recent episodes of currently airing tv shows like Fargo or American Horror Story: Hotel. After the new episodes air I cannot watch them on demand even that night or the next day etc...I have friends and family who have this system and they can watch those episodes without problem so they are not "Expired" and even say they are available until Feb. yet I have no "Watch" option on those episodes. 

I have had several refresh/reset signals sent to the box and despite customer support claiming these are permanent fixes to the problem - they never are. From these forums it would seem i'm not the only one having this issue - one I never had with the old box.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 352 of 718

Just an example for me:

I wanted to watch the latest episode of Legends and it wasn't in OnDemand.  Episode 4 and 5 were not there.

So, I went to the TNT website and selected xfinity and watched Episode 5 on my PC.  I also have a tablet that can do the same thing.

It might not help in your case if you don't have a PC.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 353 of 718

JDL1919 wrote:

I recently upgraded to X1 because it was apparently the only way to fix our signal and picture issues (get the new box and pay an addtl $10 mo. for HD) and since then I cannot watch the most recent episodes of currently airing tv shows like Fargo or American Horror Story: Hotel. After the new episodes air I cannot watch them on demand even that night or the next day etc...I have friends and family who have this system and they can watch those episodes without problem so they are not "Expired" and even say they are available until Feb. yet I have no "Watch" option on those episodes. 

I have had several refresh/reset signals sent to the box and despite customer support claiming these are permanent fixes to the problem - they never are. From these forums it would seem i'm not the only one having this issue - one I never had with the old box.

Call 877-896-8678 and have entitlements resent. If you don't have "watch", what options do you have?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 354 of 718

my TVgo xfinity app shows all 5 episodes available. Same episodes available on the xfinity TV app under on demand menu.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 355 of 718

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

Call 877-896-8678 and have entitlements resent. If you don't have "watch", what options do you have?

"Show Info" and "Other Times"...and like I posted, the episodes are not "expired" and other people I know with the exact same package and hardware can watch these exact same episodes without a problem. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 356 of 718

I checked Legeds just now and the two missing episodes, 4 and 5, are now available on OnDemand.

It appears as if it sometimes takes OnDeand a day or two to catch up.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 357 of 718

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

"Show Info" and "Other Times"...and like I posted, the episodes are not "expired" and other people I know with the exact same package and hardware can watch these exact same episodes without a problem. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 358 of 718

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

Whatever you did seems to have worked for now very much appreciated - however this was the case last week when i spoke with customer support they reset the box and it worked for a day then went right back the next day after calling it a "Permanent Fix". Can I ask what it is you did? If/when i have this issue again I will call 877-896-8678 and have entitlements resent as you suggested earlier. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 359 of 718

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

Whatever you did seems to have worked for now very much appreciated - however this was the case last week when i spoke with customer support they reset the box and it worked for a day then went right back the next day after calling it a "Permanent Fix". Can I ask what it is you did? If/when i have this issue again I will call 877-896-8678 and have entitlements resent as you suggested earlier. 

You're welcome, all I did was resend entitlements, initialize the box and refreshed your account. I would say if it reverts again, I would swap the box out ( it shouldn't revert tho)

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 360 of 718

I have been getting the XRE-07002 error for the past couple days. I've tried restarting, as this usually fixes errors I've experienced in the past. Can anyone on here help, or do I need to call this in? 

Thanks in advance

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 361 of 718

Look through some of these:  (I've never had that code).

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=xre-07002

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 362 of 718
FWIW. The one comment I can make regarding X1 problems is the following. I finally gave a month ago and updated to x1. I have a pace hub, as I needed component level cables for my slingplayer and I have a pace xid companion box. I had a lot of the usual complaints mentioned others. It's only been about two weeks so far, so I don't consider my situation stable yet, but believe that these systems are extremely finicky and often require better signal strength and removal of whatcthextech described as line noise. After they replaced some interior and exterior lines, things have been working ok. It all seems about signal strength and line noise. The tech told mecthat he felt that comcast had simply not anticipated how finicky these upgrades/installs would be. Anyway, if you have a problem, get s tech out to your place. They should know this stuff. It's easy enough for them to measure
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 363 of 718

m0nk3yman wrote:

I have been getting the XRE-07002 error for the past couple days. I've tried restarting, as this usually fixes errors I've experienced in the past. Can anyone on here help, or do I need to call this in? 

Thanks in advance

There is a known issue going on right now that is throwing out that error code. You logged into the forum with a non-Comcast e-mail so I'm not able to verify if that is your issue or not

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 364 of 718

I'm not sure how to attach my Comcast email to my account.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 365 of 718

m0nk3yman wrote:

I'm not sure how to attach my Comcast email to my account.

Send a Private Message (PM) to ComcastAndrew with your Comcast email address.  To send a PM, click on ComcastAndrew's username above and select "Private Message Me".

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 366 of 718

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JDL1919 wrote:

You're welcome, all I did was resend entitlements, initialize the box and refreshed your account. I would say if it reverts again, I would swap the box out ( it shouldn't revert tho)

So this issue is happening again. Most recently aired episodes have no "watch" option On Demand even though they are available on the app. Comcast did a "health" check on the box and said it's fine and so is my signal. I called the # you provided and asked that they resend entitlements and they said they didn't know what that was...I really do not understand what the issue is - it's getting to the point that I'd rather just cancel the tv service if I have to be on the phone, chat, forums EVERY day and constantly have techs in my house offering "permanent" fixes that turn out to be daily or hourly fixes.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 367 of 718
The same issue that was causing 7002 error above was causing the "watch" button to disappear. It "should" be back.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 368 of 718

ComcastAndrew wrote:
The same issue that was causing 7002 error above was causing the "watch" button to disappear. It "should" be back.

I'm not sure if this was addressed to me but it did not fix the problem. Still no "watch" option. Everytime I talk with customer support I get a different reason for this happening, box is bad, poor signal strength, bad splitter, "searching for the episode incorrectly" which i dont even know what that's supposed to mean, etc...the whole resending entitlements fix you provided last time worked fine until the box did it's nightly "update" which undid whatever you had fixed.

Edit: I've also had the "watch" option appear - then disappear. Check it in the AM before work and the option is there, only to come home from work and have it not there. Same show, same episode...I just don't understand what is going on with this system. 

Edit #2: Now I am missing episode #9 from both Fargo and American Horror Story Hotel from the listed episodes of this current season.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 369 of 718

I watch a lot of On Demand on  my computer but as of late I keep getting the error code "This Video Can't be Played, Sorry xxxxx is unavailable. 7002", followed by Learn More.  The "Learn More" takes me to a screen where that code isn't listed.  I did a search and this comes up.

• "Unable to Play Video. Please wait a few minutes and try again or choose another video. Our service team has been notified of this issue and they are working to fix it. We apologize for any inconvenience. Go tohttp://www.xfinity.com/errors and select FAQs for more information."

This has happened with both tv and movies and the second part doesn't come up.  It also happens with multiple movies and tv shows and sometimes I have to stop all together.  There are times there is nothing on and I want to watch something and my tv is being used for a game console.  What is going on????

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 370 of 718

I haven't been on X1 for long, but have seen weird things with on demand.  I was wondering if others have experience similiar and if so, how to resolve. 

Most issues seem to fix themselves over time.  For example, Sunday I put on the previous nights Saturday Night Live episode.  After about a half hour I paused it.  Some time went by and when I went back to the TV, On Demand was off and the TV show that was on before going to On Demand was sitting there paused. I went back to On Demand, but the episode of SNL that I was watching was gone.  Other episodes were there, but not the one I was watching.  About an hour later I checked and it was back, but there was not "Watch" selection to choose.  About an hour after that "Watch" was availble to select. 

Another example is a few times I've watch part of a show.  I went back to resume the show but wanted to watch from the beginning.  There is no option to restart so I resumed and tried to rewind to the beginning.  I would not let me rewind.   Another show it let me rewind, but when it got to the point I was at, the show started from the beginning again.  Over and Over. 

Very frustrating things when trying to view a program.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 371 of 718

Another thing I noticed is sometimes I can see an episode of a specific show available On Demand on my main DVR box, but when I go to another room that same episode is not available.  Weird stuff.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 372 of 718
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 373 of 718

Is there something wrong with the x1 on demand filtering?  I have noticed that the filter option for 3d isnt working.  If you manually go find a movie you know is on demand in 3d, its still there and plays fine.  There is just no way to search for them now for some reason.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 374 of 718

I missed a couple episodes of NCIS New Orleans. DVR recorded most of them and deleted some after watching, but realized I missed a couple in the middle that I never recorded. Why are these and all the episodes from season two and one not available to watch?  the only episodes I can see in on demand are the 4 that I watched and yet havent deleted from the DVR.. Seems on demand is quite useless 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 375 of 718

Just Adding to JDL1919 with the comment that I too have this same question.. WHY CANT WE SEE ALL THE EPISODES OF A TV SERIES WHERE ALL OF THE EPISODES HAVE BEEN RELEASED?   I notice that if I go to a show that I never watch, all of the episodes from the past 6 seasons are there. however if i go to my show I am missing various watched and unwatched shows. This is really crazy 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 376 of 718

Comcast does not control what is available on OnDemand.

According to xfinitytv.com, there are only 3 episodes currently available to watch on OnDemand.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 377 of 718

Texgal09 wrote:

Just Adding to JDL1919 with the comment that I too have this same question.. WHY CANT WE SEE ALL THE EPISODES OF A TV SERIES WHERE ALL OF THE EPISODES HAVE BEEN RELEASED?   I notice that if I go to a show that I never watch, all of the episodes from the past 6 seasons are there. however if i go to my show I am missing various watched and unwatched shows. This is really crazy 

My understanding is that Comcast doesn't have control over what is in OnDemand.

IfI cant find a particular show, I will sometimes go to the web site for the program (like NCIS) and see if I can find the episode there.

You may not have that flexibility.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 378 of 718

You're lucky that at least you're getting some of your shows. Last night December 25 I set a recording for Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood but the correct shows were not recorded. Access Hollywood was the NBC Nightly News even though a picture of Billy Bush was pictured. When Entertainment Tonight was played the local news was recorded. This was the second time this has happened on the X1.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 379 of 718

Did you check your cloud DVR for recordings that are missing? If won't miss a recording like home DVRs will.

with a very good up-to-date virus program running (must have) with patience on finding a working server http://projectfreetv.so/watch-tv-series/ has most shows available. don't hit big button links that say press here press standard play button after image of show appears (wait for it) on screen.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 380 of 718

Thanks John, thats the standard answer for Comcast OnDemand (We dont control what shows are available) ,, the kicker here is for shows that I dont watch at all ,, EVERY episode is available. And that is a consistent finding. .. just makes no sense to have a service that doesnt have any value. 

thanks to all who have responded.. 

Regards

TG

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 381 of 718

It might be the standard answer but it is also the correct answer. Unfortunately CBS is probably a worst case example because they are hanging on to many programs so they can sell them over their own streaming service.

Texgal09 wrote:

Thanks John, thats the standard answer for Comcast OnDemand (We dont control what shows are available) ,, the kicker here is for shows that I dont watch at all ,, EVERY episode is available. And that is a consistent finding. .. just makes no sense to have a service that doesnt have any value. 

thanks to all who have responded.. 

Regards

TG

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 382 of 718
Instead of showing the Play Next Episode window, the Xfinity OnDemand logo with the dots just hangs there. Anyone else experiencing this?
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 383 of 718
Or if it does work, I get the error SRM-3.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 384 of 718
Posted by
Visitor

Message 385 of 718
My x1 on demand freezes. I don't get an error code it just will sit forever. Sometimes it will play a few seconds and then freeze again. I've rebooted the box which didn't help.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 386 of 718

Drlinkenstein wrote:
My x1 on demand freezes. I don't get an error code it just will sit forever. Sometimes it will play a few seconds and then freeze again. I've rebooted the box which didn't help.

Your upstream signal level is too high and out of spec. Check your cable configuration and remove any uneeded splitters to get yourself into spec or have a tech out to troubleshoot further.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 387 of 718
Everything seems to work except for on demand. I've restarted box twice but every time I try to watch xod I get error SRM-8012. Any thoughts.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 388 of 718

Call and ask for tech support.

1-877-896-8678

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 389 of 718

Why does it take the X1 box seconds to respond to the video controls such as Rewind, Fast Forward, Pause, Play, etc?

I had a similar problem with my DVR after a software upgrade towards the end of July, 2015.  It lasted for quit a while until the software was updated again.  Actually, a few different functions did not work as they previously had, but that's a different problem that has to do with Quality Control.

I assume that on Demand uses some type of buffering and that should allow one to have almost instantaneous response to the video control commands, yet it takes varied amounts of time, but always at least a few (4+) seconds to respond.  This makes those functions almost useless in most situations.

Will this problem every be addressed?  Does Comcast even acknowledge this is a problem?  Overall, the X! platform seems to be a decent piece of software, but Comcast should address several issues, fix them, and insure proper Quality Control is exerted before releasing production updates.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 390 of 718

OwenGAnthony wrote:

Why does it take the X1 box seconds to respond to the video controls such as Rewind, Fast Forward, Pause, Play, etc?

I had a similar problem with my DVR after a software upgrade towards the end of July, 2015.  It lasted for quit a while until the software was updated again.  Actually, a few different functions did not work as they previously had, but that's a different problem that has to do with Quality Control.

I assume that on Demand uses some type of buffering and that should allow one to have almost instantaneous response to the video control commands, yet it takes varied amounts of time, but always at least a few (4+) seconds to respond.  This makes those functions almost useless in most situations.

Will this problem every be addressed?  Does Comcast even acknowledge this is a problem?  Overall, the X! platform seems to be a decent piece of software, but Comcast should address several issues, fix them, and insure proper Quality Control is exerted before releasing production updates.

X1 communications with the remote are sent up to the network and returned...  the LAG you are describing is usually associated with poor signal communications.  X1 requires much better signal levels than legacy cable due to the communication required for the X1platform.  It would be in your best interest to Call Comcast and have a Tech onsite to evaluate and make repairs to your inside/outside cabling infrastructure.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 391 of 718

I was watching an On Demand movie on my laptop, about 3/4 done with a 2-hour movie and got an error message about a video streaming error.  When I hit "Retry", it started the movie over again at the beginning.  It won't let me fast-forward so the only option would be to sit there for an hour-and-a-half and wait for it to get back to where I left off.  Yuck!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 392 of 718

freedelean wrote:

I was watching an On Demand movie on my laptop, about 3/4 done with a 2-hour movie and got an error message about a video streaming error.  When I hit "Retry", it started the movie over again at the beginning.  It won't let me fast-forward so the only option would be to sit there for an hour-and-a-half and wait for it to get back to where I left off.  Yuck!

hit your page up button and see what happens. rewind does work.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 393 of 718

Hi,

Ok so this 'stock' answer doesn't actually hold water.

I am having the same sort of issues with X1. It randomly allows some content to be recorded and some not. I am trying to catch up on a missed series - Quantico.

Managed to watch ep 1/2/3 a few days back, ep 4 says I have the next 38 minutes to watch (a 60 minute episode) - as it expires today (1/17). So how does this work then - Ep 5 ALSO expires today but it has allowed my to record it (an hour or so ago. Ep 6 also expires today but I cannot record that either - only watch it on demand. Well guys 1/17 is almost done - so HOW can I watch 3 episodes before the end of the day :-O.

WHY does it allow me to record the one episode in the middle (5) and refuse 4 and 6. This is NOTHING to do with ABC. In fact - if I dial up the ABC app on my iPad, I can watch ALL episodes for free - so Xfinity please DO NOT try to blame ABC :-O. Of course maybe you don't actually WANT loyal customers, and want to force them to look for an alternative......Our feet will start to do all the talking......

You know - X1 is a really excellent technical platform - it has SO much promise (now that its FINALLY rolled out in my location - been waiting for years!!), and Xfinity could easily become a market leader - not a poor bit-player - but it is being CRIPPLED my poor marketing decisions at Xfinity.

Another example.....I have a tablet on which I can view On Demand and DVR (I pay EXTRA for cloud DVR), but they won't allow me to store content on an SD Card. What tablet comes with enough ON-BOARD storage for video content ????. Its WHY tablet manufacturers add an SD Card slot in the first place - and the Xfinity apps SPECIFICALLY BLOCK that capability. WHY - because they don't actually TRUST ANY loyal fee paying customer - I spend almost 200 dollars a MONTH - for what ????.

In actual fact it is my belief that XFinity spends FAR more on its app development to cripple them than it costs to develop the technical ability in the first place - and Its probably the MAIN reason why so many people seem to hate Xfinity/Comcast :-O - just review the forums........

Another classic issue here on crippled content. I made a support enquiry about 'The Last Ship' as I wanted to catch up on Series 2 before Series 3 comes out. Its NOT available 'On Demand' or on Xfinity at all :-O. So I was actually told (by Xfinity) to sign up for a Hulu account - now if thats not shooting yourself in the foot what is ???? - sorry, but it made me laugh. I am able to watch it now - by BUYING the content from Amazon - MORE potential revenue LOST for Xfinity.

Sorry for the rant - someone will enjoy it ;-)) - but Xfinity really are doing my head in :-O. Pity as my options (in the housing community) are sorely limited - as Comcast has 'bought' their way in and blocked other providers.....

Finally - when I called Xfinity 'support' (I do use the term loosely!!) and EVENTUALLY got through the automated voice support - yeah really ???? - the guy 'sends signals' to my box causing it to reboot (good job Quantico Ep 5 had finished its download!!). WHY ???? - he had no idea except thats what his 'trubleshooting sript' told him to do. The problem patently is NOT the box - its the programming (NOT software - content). But its all they are trained to do - to buy some time and look like they are doing something useful I guess :-)). These marketing policies must be costing them a fortune in support and 'bad karma'.

Graham

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 394 of 718

GrahamSt wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same sort of issues with X1. It randomly allows some content to be recorded and some not. I am trying to catch up on a missed series - Quantico.

Managed to watch ep 1/2/3 a few days back, ep 4 says I have the next 38 minutes to watch (a 60 minute episode) - as it expires today (1/17). So how does this work then - Ep 5 ALSO expires today but it has allowed my to record it (an hour or so ago. Ep 6 also expires today but I cannot record that either - only watch it on demand. Well guys 1/17 is almost done - so HOW can I watch 3 episodes before the end of the day :-O.

*** ABC determines availability of past episodes, not comcast. ABC sells previous episodes. set your recordings in priority settings to record all including repeats to get reruns and catch your missing episodes.

WHY does it allow me to record the one episode in the middle (5) and refuse 4 and 6. This is NOTHING to do with ABC. In fact - if I dial up the ABC app on my iPad, I can watch ALL episodes for free - so Xfinity please DO NOT try to blame ABC :-O. Of course maybe you don't actually WANT loyal customers, and want to force them to look for an alternative......Our feet will start to do all the talking......

*** ABC determines it, it is not to be blamed it is in their interest to get you to use their site or other paid commerical accounts.

You know - X1 is a really excellent technical platform - it has SO much promise (now that its FINALLY rolled out in my location - been waiting for years!!), and Xfinity could easily become a market leader - not a poor bit-player - but it is being CRIPPLED my poor marketing decisions at Xfinity.

*** see above answers

Another example.....I have a tablet on which I can view On Demand and DVR (I pay EXTRA for cloud DVR), but they won't allow me to store content on an SD Card. What tablet comes with enough ON-BOARD storage for video content ????. Its WHY tablet manufacturers add an SD Card slot in the first place - and the Xfinity apps SPECIFICALLY BLOCK that capability. WHY - because they don't actually TRUST ANY loyal fee paying customer - I spend almost 200 dollars a MONTH - for what ????.

*** cloud DVR is provided at no charge when you pay for DVR service. If your plan does not include a listed charge at around $19.99 for at least one DVR you will have a charge of around $10 that says 'anyroom' DVR (the technology). when you move to a new contract/plan that plan may include the anyroom DVR charge.

In actual fact it is my belief that XFinity spends FAR more on its app development to cripple them than it costs to develop the technical ability in the first place - and Its probably the MAIN reason why so many people seem to hate Xfinity/Comcast :-O - just review the forums........

***just misinformation/rumors

Another classic issue here on crippled content. I made a support enquiry about 'The Last Ship' as I wanted to catch up on Series 2 before Series 3 comes out. Its NOT available 'On Demand' or on Xfinity at all :-O. So I was actually told (by Xfinity) to sign up for a Hulu account - now if thats not shooting yourself in the foot what is ???? - sorry, but it made me laugh. I am able to watch it now - by BUYING the content from Amazon - MORE potential revenue LOST for Xfinity.

*** see above. note that many series repeat previous season in binge mode just prior to new episodes coming out.

Sorry for the rant - someone will enjoy it ;-)) - but Xfinity really are doing my head in :-O. Pity as my options (in the housing community) are sorely limited - as Comcast has 'bought' their way in and blocked other providers.....

Finally - when I called Xfinity 'support' (I do use the term loosely!!) and EVENTUALLY got through the automated voice support - yeah really ???? - the guy 'sends signals' to my box causing it to reboot (good job Quantico Ep 5 had finished its download!!). WHY ???? - he had no idea except thats what his 'trubleshooting sript' told him to do. The problem patently is NOT the box - its the programming (NOT software - content). But its all they are trained to do - to buy some time and look like they are doing something useful I guess :-)). These marketing policies must be costing them a fortune in support and 'bad karma'.

Graham

as above ***

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 395 of 718

GrahamSt wrote:

Apple sells iPads up to 128 GB. I'm sure there's other tablets out there too with almost as much storage, but it's a bit harder to compare all the makes/models of android devices out there. Regardless, Comcast limits you to 10 DVR downloads per device anyway. Also you don't pay extra for the cloud. It's included with X1 DVR service.

Graham

Posted by
Visitor
Message 396 of 718

I have been keeping an eye on the On Demand Movies In Theaters Now. There is only 1 movie that I have even heard or seen at a movie theater and it is already out on dvd. I know because I already rented it. How are these movies in theaters now if they are out on dvd? When are movies that are actually in theaters put on there? I am waiting to see a movie and switched to xfinity for this option since I cannot go to theaters due to health problems. So my question is when are movies released to on demand after they have been released to theaters?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 397 of 718

I've called Xfinity multiple times to have this issue fixed.
I every time I try to watch one of the channels I pay for on demand I get the message "please subscribe". The same when I use the app on my iPad,iPhone or when I try to watch those channels on my computer(I get an orange padlock).
Customer service has reseted,and sent "signals" several times to my box with any change on the problem.
I'm able to rent movies (paying for them) or watching live channels.
During the weekend the only channel I could watch on Demand was Showtime (because it was during a "free weekend").
The phone reps ran all tests on my box and said they are working fine.
I do believe it must be some billing issue. I ran a diagnostic (see below) and it shows I don't have cable service. Maybe someone on billing should check my service and fix the coding.
Please have this fixed as soon as possible or I'll cancel my service.

A subscription is required to watch this channel. Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service. (Error 900.primetime.3329.12012)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:FalsePrimary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Fk, Ep, Eq, Eu, Ey, Fm, Fc, Gi, Gf, Em, Gd, Fo, Ki, Ez, Gk, Fh, Ck, Fd, Fy, Ew, Fa, A, Fx, Ge, E, Gh, Gg, En, Fi, Fb, Jq, C, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Fs, Et, Fr, Er, Fv, Cj, Ft, Jh, Fq, Fl, Fu, Fg, Fp, Eo, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, GbInternet Subscriber:TrueCable

TV Subscriber:False

Voice Subscriber:True

My Zip Code:02124My Cable Provider:Comcast Boston DigitalUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:UnknownMy Map ID:UnknownMy Persona ID:7039My myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box Names:Master Bedroom, Living RoomMy Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:False

I've tried several chats and phone calls. No luck.

they keep "refreshing my signal" and telling me that my signal levels are fine.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 398 of 718

This is primarily a user to user forum. Comcast employees participate in this for but on a random and casual basis. By posting in this forum, you may or may not be addressing a Comcast employee.

You might want to post your concerns in the customer service forum.

FYI, when this happens it is almost always a billing code/rate code issue. The people at the X1 help line 877-896-8678 usually know how to fix this.

ChuckP1 wrote:

I've called Xfinity multiple times to have this issue fixed.
I every time I try to watch one of the channels I pay for on demand I get the message "please subscribe". The same when I use the app on my iPad,iPhone or when I try to watch those channels on my computer(I get an orange padlock).
Customer service has reseted,and sent "signals" several times to my box with any change on the problem.
I'm able to rent movies (paying for them) or watching live channels.
During the weekend the only channel I could watch on Demand was Showtime (because it was during a "free weekend").
The phone reps ran all tests on my box and said they are working fine.
I do believe it must be some billing issue. I ran a diagnostic (see below) and it shows I don't have cable service. Maybe someone on billing should check my service and fix the coding.
Please have this fixed as soon as possible or I'll cancel my service.

A subscription is required to watch this channel. Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service. (Error 900.primetime.3329.12012)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:FalsePrimary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Fk, Ep, Eq, Eu, Ey, Fm, Fc, Gi, Gf, Em, Gd, Fo, Ki, Ez, Gk, Fh, Ck, Fd, Fy, Ew, Fa, A, Fx, Ge, E, Gh, Gg, En, Fi, Fb, Jq, C, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Fs, Et, Fr, Er, Fv, Cj, Ft, Jh, Fq, Fl, Fu, Fg, Fp, Eo, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, GbInternet Subscriber:TrueCable

TV Subscriber:False

Voice Subscriber:True

My Zip Code:02124My Cable Provider:Comcast Boston DigitalUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:UnknownMy Map ID:UnknownMy Persona ID:7039My myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box Names:Master Bedroom, Living RoomMy Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:False

I've tried several chats and phone calls. No luck.

they keep "refreshing my signal" and telling me that my signal levels are fine.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 399 of 718
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 9 (67 Views)

Re: X1 ON Demand missing TV series episodes

GrahamSt wrote:

Hi,

*** ABC determines availability of past episodes, not comcast. ABC sells previous episodes. set your recordings in priority settings to record all including repeats to get reruns and catch your missing episodes.

*** ABC determines it, it is not to be blamed it is in their interest to get you to use their site or other paid commerical accounts.

Feel free to continue to believe this !! I just opened abc.com in a browser and was able to watch ANY series 1 episode no fee, no restrictions :-O.

*** see above answers

*** cloud DVR is provided at no charge when you pay for DVR service. If your plan does not include a listed charge at around $19.99 for at least one DVR you will have a charge of around $10 that says 'anyroom' DVR (the technology). when you move to a new contract/plan that plan may include the anyroom DVR charge.

Actually this is NOT TRUE. I signed up (and PAID) for DVR from September 2015, and was unable to use cloud services for recordings until some time in November when support (I had to escalate this to Tier 3!!) FINALLY identified that my 'subscrption' was for DVR but did NOT include 'Cloud Services' - they INCREASED my monthly fee and 'hey presto' your Cloud started working again. So it is NOT necessarily included with a DVR subscription unless whoever enables it actually KNOWS what they are doing :-O.

***just misinformation/rumors

Not rumours at all (anyone actually using these apps will most likely agree!!( - if there weren't so many imitations built into your apps, they would be easier and cheaper to develop, maintain and support!! - and users would be MUCH happier with them.....

*** see above. note that many series repeat previous season in binge mode just prior to new episodes coming out.

Graham

as above ***

I could go on but life is too short to waste so much on XFinity.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 400 of 718

OK so XFinity actually defines that we MUST use a top-end tablet to run its apps ????. Its not compatible with the majority ???.

No reason at all why an app cannot use the SD Card - if it is written properly AND not deliberately crippled NOT to use an SD Card.

Supports 'excuse' is that the app works with the 'default storage' which is likely to be 'internal'. In other words deliberately written to NOT take advantage of what the tablet has to offer. Purely because XFinity is afraid that a user might actually then be able to watch the content on another device using the SD Card.

Its all done to prevent users from watching on anything other than a directly connected HD TV, and NOT on one connected to a tablet.

Moving on.......