New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand

angmac24 wrote:

Is my X1 on demand using up all my data limits on my xfinity internet...I am about to go over the allowed limit I have this month and I didnt know if it was because I was watching everything on demand and on netflix.  I am hoping it was just the netfix and not the on demand.  so my question is :  Does X1 on demand use up my internet data?

OnDemand is not supposed to be counted towards your cap.... Netflix DOES indeed count against your cap...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

thank you ray for the clarification

Frequent Visitor

Ok- I recently got triple play (7/1), and have had a LOT of issues with the on demand just in the past week or so, and only on some videos. Tonight I was trying to watch Prometheus on demand which is a TNT re-broadcast, and it's pixellating like crazy- skipping both audio and video without any particular pattern. It seems like the on-demand is worse between 7pm onwards tonight. It's maddening because I spent ALL of July trying to get all of the bugs fixed in the system just to get the on-demand and Starz and channels to work properly. Cudos to Tom Foley for his previous help- yet this is yet another glitch that seems to be sporadic at best. But it's the worst picture/sound that I've experienced yet with Comcast. This movie is unwatchable as it seems like my modem/router isn't getting a proper signal. I've had three/four different X1 boxes since 7/1... Plus what is the deal with "data caps" ? I had NO idea nor was I told any any internet data caps or limits. I watch a lot of things on Netflix and Hulu, and notice that my signal ALWAYS seems to get slower and weaker in the evening hours. I didn't know about any data limits with Comcast. Any thoughts/suggestions?
New Poster

When i go ondemand and search free movies it doesnt let me see more. It just shows the few lined up on screen.
New Poster

IT seems like a lot of the on demand that we have that used to be free won't let us watch it anymore without a subscription. We have HBO but none of the HBO on demand works. Anyone else having this problem?
New Poster

I recently upgraded to X1 so far it is working well, the only issue I have is with VOD for the premium channels.  With the older Xfinity boxes you got movie listings by categories, drama, suspense, action … but with the X1 there are not category listings in the premium VOD section.  It looks nice very much like Netflix but without the category grouping with Netflix.  If there is setting to change this I can’t find it.

Service Expert

The only "fix" I've seen is someone using an XR11 voice command or a smartphone with xfinity TV remote with voice.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Just upgraded to x1 on demand doesn't work.

On demand doesn't work at all since Friday when I upgraded to x1 box. Keep getting error message xre07002....

New Poster

Re: Just upgraded to x1 on demand doesn't work.

Tried to use the xfinity app to troubleshoot won't allow me to login.

Service Expert

Re: Just upgraded to x1 on demand doesn't work.

DaNyAo wrote:

Tried to use the xfinity app to troubleshoot won't allow me to login.

call the 24 hour x1 support center at 877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

SRM-8 code all morning. Starting to have this happen daily. Pretty frustrating paying more than I did with Directv with way more issues. I understand stuff happens, but having issues with on demand so frequently? I've unplugged box, checked all connections. Anything else I can do to watch the shows/movies I want to watch when I want to watch them?
Service Expert

Jhinson wrote:
SRM-8 code all morning. Starting to have this happen daily. Pretty frustrating paying more than I did with Directv with way more issues. I understand stuff happens, but having issues with on demand so frequently? I've unplugged box, checked all connections. Anything else I can do to watch the shows/movies I want to watch when I want to watch them?

Srm-008 is here:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-srm-0x0008-unable-to-play-video/

However, your already rebooting device not solving this could mean you have SIGNAL ISSUES...   you should schedule a TECH to come onsite and evaluate the issues and make the necessary repairs so that you enjoy your X1 system.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I had the new X1 DVR installed 2 weeks ago is my living room and a second HD only box installed in my master bedroom. TV, DVR and On Demand works fine in the living room; however, the bedroom's On Demand will freeze within seconds of playing, then will continue to repeat the freezing seconds later. TV and DVR'd shows play fine. Any ideas or is a service call and technician required?

Service Expert

Sure sounds like you have a problem somewhere in your wiring.  The X1 system requires a strong, clean signal to work properly. 

If it were me, I would schedule a tech visit.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

@Peacekeeper
U should schedule a tech to come out and replace the HD box with a xi3. They work off of one of the tuners (record 4 watch a 5th) of the X1 DVR and require no signal to work. It functions exactly as the main DVR box and that will solve ur issues. Tech doing the install will be able to check if the line has noise(interference) and needs to be replaced.
Service Expert

Attmann wrote:
@Peacekeeper
U should schedule a tech to come out and replace the HD box with a xi3. They work off of one of the tuners (record 4 watch a 5th) of the X1 DVR and require no signal to work. It functions exactly as the main DVR box and that will solve ur issues. Tech doing the install will be able to check if the line has noise(interference) and needs to be replaced.

Some X1 DVR's only have 5 tuners, so that would be record 4 watch a 5th. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I got the PX013AN, I also have an X1 box in the basement connected to it.  So, how many shows can I watch or record and does the basement affect/subtract by 1 because it is using the DVR tuner?

Service Expert

Ringfinger wrote:

I got the PX013AN, I also have an X1 box in the basement connected to it.  So, how many shows can I watch or record and does the basement affect/subtract by 1 because it is using the DVR tuner?

If the Xi3 is ON it is using a tuner from the DVR....   Depending on your DVR, you will have 5 or 6 tuners available for use...   Xi3 subtracts one from this inventory when being used.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Service Expert

geek46 wrote:

Ringfinger wrote:

If the Xi3 is ON it is using a tuner from the DVR....   Depending on your DVR, you will have 5 or 6 tuners available for use...   Xi3 subtracts one from this inventory when being used.

the DVRs tuners are available to the Xi3s if they are not otherwise busy. It has been said on other threads that if a user has a single DVR, records 6 channels that the xi3 can only watch a chan being recorded, or a current recording already finished, or an on-demand asset. can someone re-verify this since change to 6 tuners?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Getting error message "XRE-022" when I try to play any program On Demand. Getting this error on all boxes, except for my DVR box. 

Regular Contributor

crogers1852 wrote:

Getting error message "XRE-022" when I try to play any program On Demand. Getting this error on all boxes, except for my DVR box. 

There must be something going on with On-Demand today. I've been trying to watch shows on History On-Demand and am getting an SRM-8001 error on some of them. I'll wait a while and try again before starting the unplug the box and when that doesn't work, call repair routine.

New Poster

xre-07002 on demand for Game of Thrones

Im new to comcast and had the service for about.. 6 days now. Just got a code XRE-07002 while trying to access Game of Thrones under HBO. I have the HBO package and watched several episodes the past few days. Now it's displaying there are no episodes. (Last night every episode said it expires 11/1) if I browse through other shows everything pops up fine aside from the one show I've actually been watching....
Service Expert

Re: xre-07002 on demand for Game of Thrones

avermette wrote:
Im new to comcast and had the service for about.. 6 days now. Just got a code XRE-07002 while trying to access Game of Thrones under HBO. I have the HBO package and watched several episodes the past few days. Now it's displaying there are no episodes. (Last night every episode said it expires 11/1) if I browse through other shows everything pops up fine aside from the one show I've actually been watching....

Which episode are you getting the error on?

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I look forward to watching Great British Baking Show on Monday evenings, when it usually appears on X1 VOD.  However, episode 6 that aired Sunday is missing.  Any idea when it will become available?  The unreliability of shows getting added to On Demand is so frustrating!

Regular Contributor

On Demand SRM-4 error

When I try to play a program On Demand, I get an SRM-4 error. This just started happening today; I watched a program On Demand yesterday. Any advice (other than just to restart my box)?
Service Expert

Re: On Demand SRM-4 error

If you have more than one X! box, you can always try rebooting all of them.

Which X1 box do you have?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-b...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

It's working again.
Regular Contributor

...and now it's not working again. One DVR, don't know what kind. Already tried restarting.
Regular Contributor

I think I have the PACE XG1 DVR, looking at the pictures.
Regular Contributor

Working again. Hope this doesn't happen all day.
New Poster

Re: X1 On Demand isn't working

I have been dealing with this same issue for the past week.  I have called support, and they have tried resetting box numerous times without any luck .. still having the issue.  I have been told on a few occasions I would get a call back at a certain time, yet, not getting a phone call.  Last time I talked to someone, they said they would try one more reset then that was all they could do, without saying what the resolution would be if the reset didn't work .. then the box never reset .. and I'm still having the issue.  I am really getting fed up with the xfinity/comcast customer service with this.

When I try to go to on demand programming, I get a srm-8012 error message

Service Expert

kerry_aquaman wrote:

I have been dealing with this same issue for the past week.  I have called support, and they have tried resetting box numerous times without any luck .. still having the issue.  I have been told on a few occasions I would get a call back at a certain time, yet, not getting a phone call.  Last time I talked to someone, they said they would try one more reset then that was all they could do, without saying what the resolution would be if the reset didn't work .. then the box never reset .. and I'm still having the issue.  I am really getting fed up with the xfinity/comcast customer service with this.

The article for that error message is here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-22-srm-8012-unable-to-play-vi...

Since yu have already rebooted and talk with Customer Service, you should get a Tech onsite to investigate and make the repairs necessary for you to enjoy your On Demand.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Service Expert

kerry_aquaman wrote:

you have access to 'cloud' services? does xtv.comcast.net work for you? have a smart device to run xfinity X1 app or the xfinity TVgo app? All of those have IP delivered on-demand. If you can get any of those to login, try playing an on-demand asset and see if successful.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

The Xfinity TVgo app wouldn't work either when I tried it.

Service Expert

kerry_aquaman wrote:

The Xfinity TVgo app wouldn't work either when I tried it.

did you change your smart device to cell data before trying to access (since cable/internet off)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

cable/internet is working .. just the on demand is not working

Service Expert

kerry_aquaman wrote:

cable/internet is working .. just the on demand is not working

did you try accessing the same on-demand assets from http://xtv.comcast.net to see if on-demain on-demand works on IP ? this would confirm if IP works that it is the set top box(es) that needs attention.

edit: autocorrect 'fix'

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It did work through http://xtv.comcast.net which would make it a problem with the box.

Service Expert

kerry_aquaman wrote:

It did work through http://xtv.comcast.net which would make it a problem with the box.

if you have a smart device use app xfinity myAccount. after logging in, select TV tab at the bottom and the set top box location you are having issues, and then 'troubleshooting'. select first the'cable box is acting strangely and the entitlements will be resent after doing the first test answer no, then you will be offered 'refreshing device info' select that.  hit the back arrow until back at the menu for 'problems' and select on-demand. select 'no' and the on-demand component will be refreshed.then answer 'no' again and select restart device. 

after the reboot see if your problem has been fixed. If not call 877-896-8678 so they can look at the technical logs in the set top box (remotely) and verify signal levels are withing operating parameters. If they are not or they are borderline the specialist can set up a truck roll to fix the issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Reign On Demand

the copies of Reign TV Program on my DVR and the copies on "Episodes" have been copied on a split screen.  Bottom on top and top and bottom.  Can xFinity fix ???

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Reign On Demand

Are you sure this is on your DVR and not OnDemand?

When you choose Watch, it clearly pops up on the screen DVR or XFINITY OnDemand.

More than likely you're watching OnDemand, and you're picking the 3D option. If you had a 3D TV, you would then turn on 3D mode.

Official Employee
Moved:

On demand not working

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reign On Demand

3D, I didn't even think of that.  I've never selected 3D before, but maybe by mistake I did.  I'll check.  Thanks

Admin1

Hi kerry_aquaman,

Health check on your account did show some signal issues that could be contributing to your issue. As geek46 suggested, you should have a tech come out to correct those signal issues and see if they resolve your On Demand issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

XRE07002

Hello, I am new to this forum and I recently got new X1 DVR service  last Wednesday. However, from the first time I tried to watch a show on Demand, I recieved this error. XRE07002.  Further more, the Video Description that is turned on, doesn't supply video description! Also the Voice Remote will let me say things like, Watch Channel 31 (ESPN in my area), but not  not Watch ESPN. I have had 4 different techs at my house, and they told me that there was some sort of outage. However, my account shows nothing. Further more, when I check the my account ap,  I can see my modem listed, but not my x1 DVR! What in the world is going on?

Service Expert

Re: XRE07002

It sounds like your DVR hasn't been "provisioned" for your account.  It might not even be provisioned, period.

Call Comcast customer service and describe your issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Who do I need to talk to, in what part of customer service? I've talked to so many people already, I have no clue  anymore.

Service Expert

db16 wrote:

Who do I need to talk to, in what part of customer service? I've talked to so many people already, I have no clue  anymore.

call 877-896-8678. When you get a live person ask them to verify the equipment on your account. You might want to take a picture of the bar code on each piece of equipment before calling.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I will give that a shot. That could be why it's not working after all. I'll post if there are anymore problems.