Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 720

Can someone please fix the on demand?  I have called this in twice.  It works for a week or so, but then back to black screen when you try to watch a show on demand.

francabollo wrote:

So ... what is the solution?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 202 of 720

lbostic wrote:

Can someone please fix the on demand?  I have called this in twice.  It works for a week or so, but then back to black screen when you try to watch a show on demand.

francabollo wrote:

So ... what is the solution

next time it is acting up (didn't play) and you have the black screen, call the 877-896-8678 x-1 support center. Hopefully they can pull the error log to determine the problem. They may have to have a tier2 tech look into it and call you back.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 203 of 720

Tottenham game is not available on in demand in the nbcsn premier league xfinity X1 menu.  The game has been on for an hour and nothing.  But there are two games listed with Tottenham.  The same game vs United from last week.  Listed twice???

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 204 of 720

my VOD isn't working. I can't watch shows from past season. At first I was getting error code XRE-07002 now I am getting XRE-07003. I am new to the X1 system since moving & starting new service in another state - but have been a comcast customer for 15 years. I used to be able to watch past seasons without any problems using the on demand feature - now with the X1 system I can't. Some shows won't even let me watch them because they are being shown on the tv as a repeat at odd times. I just want to watch what I want when I want. Isn't that what "on demand" is? Can someone guide me to a fix? I refuse to call in to the tech support as I have been on hold for no less than 45 min each time - with NO positive results. Thank you!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 205 of 720

I'm having the same problem with the error code. Any resolution?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 206 of 720

for live assistance call 877-896-8678 for the x1 support techs

VOD relies on having very good signal conditions as it is not a chanel that you are watching but a 'streaming service' not unlike streaming from netflix. Previous threads from comcast people (red letter names on this forum) have recommended calling the number above and letting them check to be sure your account is set up properly to enable video on-demand. If they can't fix it they will schedule a truck roll to fix the signal conditions.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 207 of 720
my VOD isn't working. I can't watch shows from past season. At first I was getting error code XRE-07002 now I am getting XRE-07003. I am new to the X1 system since moving & starting new service in another state - but have been a comcast customer for 15 years. I used to be able to watch past seasons without any problems using the on demand feature - now with the X1 system I can't. Some shows won't even let me watch them because they are being shown on the tv as a repeat at odd times. I just want to watch what I want when I want. Isn't that what "on demand" is? Can someone guide me to a fix? I refuse to call in to the tech support as I have been on hold for no less than 45 min each time - with NO positive results. Thank you!

Are you getting that error on all 5 X1 boxes?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 208 of 720

For the last few days I have not been able to view on demand video. I get error code XRE-22 SRM-A001. I have restarted the box numerous times and still nothing

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 209 of 720

Did you call Comcast and describe your issue?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 210 of 720

Yes I am. and for some reason it won't load current season tv shows & will only show me when they are coming up as repeats on "regular" tv. I should be able to watch these repeated shows ON DEMAND, as the name implies!

But to get to your question - yes, all x1 boxes are saying the same error code & having same issues as explained above.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 211 of 720

RobertWy wrote:

Did you call Comcast and describe your issue?

Yes. Twice with no resolution. They said there was an outage in the area & techs are working on it. I have had the same response both conversations & no resolution. It is at least 45 min on the phone & I've even tried the chat sessions...that's a mistake as you get tossed from one chat to another.

Not sure where to go from here - it is frustrating & searching all these forums it doesn't look like anyone has gotten any satisfation or resolution. Would LOVE for someone to give me things to try other than check the cords to make sure they are plugged in, restart your modem, etc...those things DON'T work!

Thanks for your help!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 212 of 720

Whole series are missing from OnDemand on my X1 boxes. You can see them if you go to OnDemand from an older box. It is ridiculous. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 213 of 720

DKSac wrote:

Whole series are missing from OnDemand on my X1 boxes. You can see them if you go to OnDemand from an older box. It is ridiculous. 

The X1 on-demand system has had many threads that it is missing episodes/series etc that you can find on the smartphone. For example: the xfinity TV Remote app or xfinity TV App. From that TV remote app (i don't have cloud DVR needed to use the TV app) you can play the 'asset' on the tv directly from the search screen, or using the TV Go app you can play on your iphone/ipad/etc (many are available on the TV go app). Hopefully at some point they will look in on the issue and fix it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 214 of 720
I see that of 203 comments that only those of October are displayed and with few if any direct solutions. Except that Comcast is aware and are working on it? Really? What can we as customers expect from this besides paying for something we are certainly not getting. My wife has cancer and one of the "small" things she looks forward to is watching TV. Which is limited by these constant interruptions of problems that seemingly can not be solved.

Unfair statement? Perhaps as technology seems to advance faster than we can understand it but not faster than someone wanting to make a dollar off someone else. Hopefully when I get home and call tech support I will get someone that is an American and that can help me.

Michael
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 215 of 720

ChiefRedCloud wrote:
I see that of 203 comments that only those of October are displayed and with few if any direct solutions. Except that Comcast is aware and are working on it? Really? What can we as customers expect from this besides paying for something we are certainly not getting. My wife has cancer and one of the "small" things she looks forward to is watching TV. Which is limited by these constant interruptions of problems that seemingly can not be solved.

Unfair statement? Perhaps as technology seems to advance faster than we can understand it but not faster than someone wanting to make a dollar off someone else. Hopefully when I get home and call tech support I will get someone that is an American and that can help me.

Michael

you never stated what issue you are having. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 216 of 720

Indeed and I appoligize. I awoke in the morning with the idea that I would finish watching a movie from on demand but was faced with an error message stateing try again later. I tried other movies on demand out of curiousity and could watch none of them. I tried rebooting my system to no evail. 45 minutes later I tried once more and got the same message. I left to take care of some business and came back approx an hour and half later and it was cleared up.

My point, I guess, is that this is an ongoing thing where I have to put up with lost service, rebooting one or both of my X-1 systems and sometimes not being able to view specific tv channels such as Fox.

All in all it just get a bit more than tedious at times.

Michael

Posted by
Visitor
Message 217 of 720
This has been a recurring problem for me for the last week and I just started service with Comcast.. Really frustrating when I have done all steps possible to resolve the problem.. Feel as though I should discontinue service and go to 'wow' and see if they resolve problems in a more timely manner..
Posted by
Visitor

Message 218 of 720

My VOD on the X1 has been out since Thursday 4/30. Everytime I call they tell me it will be fixed by such and such time and it isnt. At this point Im paying for a service I do not have. Im in Independence MO.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 219 of 720

so i was having trouble with my on demand and they got it all fixed except the show red road the newest episode will not play i get this error code and it says under the episode data not availabe

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 220 of 720
It played fine for me but I noticed it expires 5/10, so not sure if that has something to do with it or not, in your market.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 221 of 720

I am having the same problem....I can select the show but it does not come on most of the time.   I did get one show to play for about 5 mins and then it stopped and would not continue.

What is the solution?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 222 of 720

HAWK1124 wrote:

I am having the same problem....I can select the show but it does not come on most of the time.   I did get one show to play for about 5 mins and then it stopped and would not continue.

What is the solution?

check post #9 just above your question.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 223 of 720

I just got the X1 box set up for me today.  The On Demand listings work, but when I got to play something, it waits for a bit and then gives an error.  How long does On Demand take to work once the box is set up?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 224 of 720
I have the new blast plus with X1 equipment. I am subscribed to HBO Showtime and Streampix. I can watch HBO and Showtime live on the box, but On Demand and the apps don't recognize that I have them and won't let me watch without paying extra for a subscription.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 225 of 720

Call Comcast billing and have them explain your bill to you. 1-800-xfinity.  I talked to someone this morning and they were able to explain my bill.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 226 of 720

I had to call Comcast and after talking to several different individuals, they reset/refreshed the box and On Demand started working right away.  If anyone tells you that On Demand needs hours to work, it's BS.  It should work as soon as the box is set up and you see the Guide, etc.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 227 of 720

Look, for me it isn't just a "gripe" fest. I do enjoy the X-1 system for what it is and what I get out of it. And I do know that as NEW tech/equipment I/we can expect gliches and teething problems. But seriously I would like to hear a little more feedback from Comcast/Xfinity as to what "they" are doing to solve the issues here. It could go a long way towards reashureing it's customer base that they are not waisting their money and time on this system. And the best advertisment for this or any other company is it's "happy" customer base.

I understand from my own sources that we are on at least the thrid generation of the X-1 system. And that "IT" may be the worst of them all. Why? Isn't there suppose to be "progress" and not the oposite? When the software core for the X-1 can not even update itself on the fly, what have we got? When the device can not remember "what" it's suppose to be doing, what have we got? Down time for our viewing pleasure that can not be measured. Comast/Xfinity is in the "business" of providing entertainment sources. And for the most part they do an outstanding job. But it's a toase up as to whether the X-1 system is it's cadillac or it Achillies heal.

Honest FEEDBACK would be appreciated. This and you'll see half of the gripers disappear.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 228 of 720

I switched to X1 4 weeks ago (good deal, right?). Since then I've had about 6 support calls, 4 chats, and 2 different techs visit multiple times. Much of the wiring has been fixed, new boxes added and I'm left with the original problem. Basically, about half the time, when I try to watch an On Demand program from the room where the main DVR box is, it fails with a "Tuning Error" message (no XRE code or anything). I have the smaller boxes in 2 other rooms (not sure what they are called) and everything works fine from there - VOD never fails. I've been told by the last tech and one person I spoke to on the phone that this is a known problem with the X1 On Demand servers and they do not have a solution to it at this time. It's been going on for a while, at least 4 weeks since I switched to X1. 

Anyone know anything about this issue? 

I had a thought the other night to work around it. I'm trying to talk to Comcast about it but so hard to  connect with someone who knows anything. So trying here. Why don't I get a cable splitter and another of those smaller boxes and use the small cable box in my main TV room instead of the DVR box? There's no reason I need to interface with the main DVR box to watch TV/VOD is there? Is that a reasonable workaround?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 229 of 720

Canucker wrote:

I switched to X1 4 weeks ago (good deal, right?). Since then I've had about 6 support calls, 4 chats, and 2 different techs visit multiple times. Much of the wiring has been fixed, new boxes added and I'm left with the original problem. Basically, about half the time, when I try to watch an On Demand program from the room where the main DVR box is, it fails with a "Tuning Error" message (no XRE code or anything). I have the smaller boxes in 2 other rooms (not sure what they are called) and everything works fine from there - VOD never fails. I've been told by the last tech and one person I spoke to on the phone that this is a known problem with the X1 On Demand servers and they do not have a solution to it at this time. It's been going on for a while, at least 4 weeks since I switched to X1. 

Anyone know anything about this issue? 

I had a thought the other night to work around it. I'm trying to talk to Comcast about it but so hard to  connect with someone who knows anything. So trying here. Why don't I get a cable splitter and another of those smaller boxes and use the small cable box in my main TV room instead of the DVR box? There's no reason I need to interface with the main DVR box to watch TV/VOD is there? Is that a reasonable workaround?

Why don't you just SWAP the box locations.... if you then exhibit the same issues with the smaller box at that location, then it is a wiring/connection problem since the other smaller boxes have no problems whatsoever....

Easy, quick troubleshooting without having to stay on the phone with Comcast...

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 230 of 720

That's a decent suggestion Ray, thanks. Unfortunately when I came home today the X1 service was not working at all. After much time with support problem was not solved. So, reverted back to my old cable boxes. After 4 weeks, X1 is gone. It's been a slice.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 231 of 720

Hello Canucker,

Are you able to send me your account info in a Private Message? That way I can do some troubleshooting for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 232 of 720

I just started service on Tuesday. I called three times to try to get my free HBO working. The third time a young lady helped me and got it working in just minutes. I'm now watching every episode of Game of Crowns, starting with season 1, which wasn't available on ATT UVerse. Only seasons 4 and 5 were available on ATT. I'm happy now. :-)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 233 of 720

How can I delete recent TV shows under the on demand TV menu if the episodes have been removed?

Not the recently watched under saved but the menu under on demand - to access I press the xfinity button, then on demand, then TV and under TV the second row shows recent TV shows.

I know you can delete recently watched TV shows if you mark each and every episode as unwatched. I'm trying to delete a TV show that is no longer available in on demand, therefore I'm unable to mark the episodes unwatched.

I picked up a new X1 box and it still showed the recent tv shows. Is the only option to delete my account by terminating cable service?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 234 of 720

I am using x1 and my subscription on-demand has not been working since June 27th. I can't even watch shows from channels like TNT and Cartoon Network. I waited until the outage showing on my account had been resolved. It has, but still no on-demand. Frustrating for a platform that is already slow and buggy.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 235 of 720

rtjones10 wrote:

I am using x1 and my subscription on-demand has not been working since June 27th. I can't even watch shows from channels like TNT and Cartoon Network. I waited until the outage showing on my account had been resolved. It has, but still no on-demand. Frustrating for a platform that is already slow and buggy.

Your best bet is to call into Comcast and register a trouble ticket for your failed services...if you're really lucky, a Comcast Employee "might" see your post and respond to you here...but these forums are populated by 99.905% of non-comcast employees... paying customers like you!

Good Luck! 

-=Ray=- 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 236 of 720

Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 237 of 720

Season 5, Episode 3 of Game of Thrones is missing from the list on my On Demand. All the other seasons and episodes are available except that one. I have chatted with a Comcast Representative and troubleshooted everything. It resulted in her telling me that I needed to get a new box. I can't imagine that one episode not showing up is the result of a faulty box. Any input on how to get Episode 3 to appear?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 238 of 720

amadams wrote:

Season 5, Episode 3 of Game of Thrones is missing from the list on my On Demand. All the other seasons and episodes are available except that one. I have chatted with a Comcast Representative and troubleshooted everything. It resulted in her telling me that I needed to get a new box. I can't imagine that one episode not showing up is the result of a faulty box. Any input on how to get Episode 3 to appear?

I just took a look at xtv.comcast. net and found this:

1. Ep3High Sparrow

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 239 of 720
I just got the X1 system and every time I try to watch anything on demand I get a notice of a temporary tuning error and it kicks me out to some random channel. It has now been 5 days, so I don't think it's really all that temporary at this point. I tried cycling the power on the box and have the same issue, I'm not sure if there is something else that I should try?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 240 of 720

JayM913 wrote:
I just got the X1 system and every time I try to watch anything on demand I get a notice of a temporary tuning error and it kicks me out to some random channel. It has now been 5 days, so I don't think it's really all that temporary at this point. I tried cycling the power on the box and have the same issue, I'm not sure if there is something else that I should try?

Unfortunately you probably have some serious signal issues going on...   best bet is to get a Tech back out and tell him/her of all the issues you have seen so they can effect repair.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 241 of 720
Thanks Ray, I'm on hold with support now, hopefully they can resolve it for me. I wasn't sure if it was a common issue or not.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 242 of 720

JayM913 wrote:
Thanks Ray, I'm on hold with support now, hopefully they can resolve it for me. I wasn't sure if it was a common issue or not.

You are not alone....<hehehehehe>

We have all gone through some sort of X1 initial install issues....

That's what makes this so eXciting....  < pun intended >

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 243 of 720

Yes, that is the episode that I am trying to watch on my TV, but it isn't there to choose from.  I can pull it up to watch online, but my computer is through work and it ends up being blocked.  I want to watch the episode through my on demand menu on my TV.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 244 of 720

I've been dealing with this same thing for almost a month now. Spoken with probably 15-20 service reps, a service dept lady, a tech, been on phone for HOURS and on here. Nothing has changed the fact that my equipment is still not working. Although I'm expected to be patient, very little has been done to try and help me. According to the tech, nothing appeared wrong except that OnDemand wasn't working. After 3 hours, he left and told us he was going to escalate the issue to the next department higher than him and we would get a response in 24-48 hours......that was 8 days ago. When I called on day 3 to get an update, I was told the tech never even submitted an additional ticket or made any comments regarding the call. He just closed it. I call in just about every day now and nothing new is done. 

With ALL of this being said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if someone actually fixes yours and I will do the same by sending you a private message. There are numerous people having the same problems. At some point, someone must realize that sending signals, asking us to reset a box, and sending a tech over and over are NOT resolving our issue and that something else needs to be done. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 245 of 720

On Demand is not working for me in the Atlanta metro area.  I saw on another board where there are a lot of people having the same issue tonight.  I'm only shown 3 free movies and only given the option to record or watch other movies the next time they air. Ridiculous that I pay as much as I do each month and can't watch what I want to.  It worked fine yesterday.  I tried doing a search for movies that I know were on demand yesterday and they don't show up tonight.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 246 of 720

After 45 minute wait - told major outage in VOD right now - back up @ 2:37 AM...

Shame website says everything is working fine - when there is a known issue.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 247 of 720

After 45 minute wait - told major outage in VOD right now - back up @ 2:37 AM...

Shame website says everything is working fine - when there is a known issue.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 248 of 720
Doesn't work in Florida either. Really disappointed!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 249 of 720
Yup not working here in PA either. Had it for a month no issues until today. Guess the honeymoon is over. Couldn't even connect to chat
Posted by
Visitor

Message 250 of 720

Is my X1 on demand using up all my data limits on my xfinity internet...I am about to go over the allowed limit I have this month and I didnt know if it was because I was watching everything on demand and on netflix.  I am hoping it was just the netfix and not the on demand.  so my question is :  Does X1 on demand use up my internet data?