New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 151 of 732

XOD error 07002 (can't remember if it's an RDK error or an XRE error)...

Is it just me or is this just a generic error message saying that the "file" I'm trying to play is not available on comcast's servers? 

I favorited the latest Captain America movie when it was available to rent for 2.99 or whatever it was, so I could keep an eye on it to watch it when it became free. The rental went away, but the movie was still in my favorites list. After a while, the X1 box said it came back, and gave me the option to watch it for free. After using my favorites link to click on the watch option, it gave me 07002. I go to the website and it says the movie is not available on XOD at all. I try searching for it outside of my favorites list on my X1 box and it also doesn't exist there either.

Just also tried to watch the 2014 Godzilla movie. Clicked watch, and it went to SD, even though the icons said HD. Went to the website, and clicked "watch on tv" on the HD version, and again, 07002.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really wish the people who write error messages (not just Comcast, but everyone else, too) would just tell us what's wrong rather than just "oops something went wrong, try again, code XXXXX".

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 152 of 732

I googled "comcast 07002"

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 153 of 732

RobertWy wrote:

I googled "comcast 07002"

Yeah, that just goes back to what I already posted. Companies give generic instructions for all issues, and it's almost like the developers refuse to say (or don't know) what the problem actually is, and leave it up the the end users to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix the issue, and then share what the error actually means in various communities like these forums, which just wastes the end user's time. If they just gave clear-cut error messages it would be much better.

I sincerely believe that 07002 is a server configuration issue on Comcast's end, as only specific ways of accessing specific content give errors.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 154 of 732

Thanks for the tip, Rustyben! I'll give that a shot next time I encounter the issue.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 155 of 732

I tried to watch the new Captain America last night, on the right it showed all formats available but it only came up in 3D when I tried to watch.  Even though my set is 3D capable I have no interest in it.  Right now I am trying to watch Godzilla but the sound keeps dropping out.  I restarted the box and still have the same problem.  If I rewind the drop outs fill in, at this rate it will take 3 days to watch it. Smiley Wink  Now I am messing the app on my M8 to trouble shoot, still not helping.  Of course it's rebooting again, it didn't work the first time.  Guess it will take me to a call, that's never any good they repeat everything the app just did.

Sucks, I usually don't have an issue this annoying and after every reboot I have to mute my receiver until I can get to the settings to toggle surround because it says it's surround but it's not and stereo is really really loud.  Episodes on Showtime is working fine, just can't watch Godzilla.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 156 of 732

VOD not working, even some channels dont work.

not even already bought items can be watched.

i try ALICE all day, doesnt work, black still screen.

Cannot watch Breaking bad which i bought last week. worked fine before, not today.

Some channcels do not work either, sometimes FOX news or FYI. Sometimes they do work.

all in all the whole service seems flawed. I live in Houston, Texas.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 157 of 732

I recently upgraded to X1. I have had multiple times where On Demand HD has had pixel issues. What is the cause?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 158 of 732

for live assistance call 877-896-8678 for the x1 support techs

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 159 of 732

VOD still not working. hotline helped to some extend that normal channels are back to sort of oK (some still wont open).

they openend a ticked, but no one called back.

today i get a XRE-22-SRM-8101 error when trying to watch a already bought series (braking bad series 2) as well as i try to buy ALICE but it wont work.

i hope comcast will solve this soon. i cannot get access to already bought series. if this continues, i go back to good old bluerays. no point in supporting an unreliable service.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 160 of 732

That error message says to reboot your DVR.  Did you?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 161 of 732

Half of the time I go to watch something on one of my bedroom x1 boxes it either takes ten minutes before it finally plays or never plays at all.

Also my boxes cannot communicate with each other. I cannot watch something recorded on my primary box on my bedroom box or vice versa.

It has been like this since the second week I had the system installed. Didnt really care at first but it had become frustrating.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 162 of 732

Call X1 support and tell them exactly what you said here.

1-877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 163 of 732
Re: X1 On Demand [ New ]
Options
‎02-01-2015 12:18 PMi

Half of the time I go to watch something on one of my bedroom x1 boxes it either takes ten minutes before it finally plays or never plays at all.

Also my boxes cannot communicate with each other. I cannot watch something recorded on my primary box on my bedroom box or vice versa.

It has been like this since the second week I had the system installed. Didnt really care at first but it had become frustrating.

You have signal issues on all 3 of your boxes your upstream signal is too high and your downstream is too low. If you can, can you share any details on how your cable is configured ( any amp or how many splitters present?).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 164 of 732
There is a 4 way splitter in my attic (main line into each bedroom and living room). I beleive when the tech installed he said he had to put an amp in...i assume that is what these huge grey boxes are at each outlet.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 165 of 732

When I try to watch a tv show On Demand I am able to select a show but after I select it the screen just goes black.  I have tried different show same thing.  I turn the box on and off and again the same thing happen.  What can I do?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 166 of 732

junktojoy wrote:

When I try to watch a tv show On Demand I am able to select a show but after I select it the screen just goes black.  I have tried different show same thing.  I turn the box on and off and again the same thing happen.  What can I do?

No clue.  Call 1-877-896-8678 and describe your problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 167 of 732

junktojoy wrote:

'if' the progress bar shows -1 seconds and styas there it is a known bug. Fix is to play something else for just a moment via on-demand system then hit 'last' and restart the one that failed to start. Always works for me. this has been an issue for years (not just x1)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 168 of 732

I got an email from Xfinity saying that I could get some free movies all I had to do was to to XOD on my TV and then click on the "My Movie Rewards" folder. The trouble is, in my X1 system, I don't see that folder. Does anybody know if that folder is indeed supposed to exist on X1? Is there a different place to find it? 

I had the suggestion given to type in REWARD on my remote, so I typed that in and selected "select your reward" and all that does is show a video of how to select your reward. Unfortunately it shows how to do it using the "old" system, not the X1 system. The X1 system has different menus then the old system.

Does anybody know how to redeem this reward on X1 systems?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 169 of 732

thaddeusq wrote:

I got an email from Xfinity saying that I could get some free movies all I had to do was to to XOD on my TV and then click on the "My Movie Rewards" folder. The trouble is, in my X1 system, I don't see that folder. Does anybody know if that folder is indeed supposed to exist on X1? Is there a different place to find it? 

I had the suggestion given to type in REWARD on my remote, so I typed that in and selected "select your reward" and all that does is show a video of how to select your reward. Unfortunately it shows how to do it using the "old" system, not the X1 system. The X1 system has different menus then the old system.

Does anybody know how to redeem this reward on X1 systems?

on a different thread yesterday there was a similar report. Apparently that was for the legacy platform. If you search for "reward" by typing the numbers on the remote for each letter, you will see the "select your movie reward" (an on demand 1 minute long program). When a few of us selected it we got a not-available message xre-07002 "Unfortunately this isn't working. ..try again later". 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 170 of 732

You'll notice that I mentioned that I did type in Reward with my remote. I listed what happened. I still don't see the folder.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 171 of 732

thaddeusq wrote:

You'll notice that I mentioned that I did type in Reward with my remote. I listed what happened. I still don't see the folder.

yes, no folder. you can type "select" 735328 and find the on demand file. Wonder if it gave directions for the old system or something like 'use the redemption code ..."

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 732
You may also notice that I mentioned I watched the select video and it gave instructions for doing it on the old system. Not on the X1 system.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 173 of 732

07002 ... I really believe whoever is at Comcast that tells the X1 if a VOD title is available or not has no idea what they are doing.

Every single time I get it, the X1 says something is available when it is not, and it IMMEDIATELY gives the error, like it's not even trying anything. Perhaps that what the error means ... "file not found".

Just got it again with Maleficent. X1 says it's available on VOD but Starz doesn't even air it until March and Xfinitytv.com also says it's not available.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 174 of 732

We upgraded to the X1 platform a few weeks ago and we are very dissapointed in the service. First off. this DVR locks up/freezes CONSTANTLY. Does not matter what you are trying to do. If you have the remote in your hand trying to do something (anything), chances are it will freeze. This has happened almost every day at least once since we have had the X1 platform service. Our old Motorola DVR only locked up maybe once or twice a year at most.

Our cable signal levels are great so that is not it.

Secondly, and this one (believe it or not) is even more frustrating than having to constantly reset the DVR. I DESPISE the way On Demand is being presented with the ridiculous icons. I dont give a you-know-what if "this is the way Netflix (or anyone else for that matter) does it"  AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION to change the On Demand menus to display JUST LIKE THE GUIDE DOES. IN TEXT ONLY FORMAT.  PLEASE!!  It is just way, way to "busy" and impossible to read with the movie poster icons listing method. Especially for older people like myself. Im just asking for the OPTION so we can CHOOSE.

This one is so bad I am considering dumping the service. (I know i have less than a week to do it)

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 175 of 732

SLI_Fallen wrote:

We upgraded to the X1 platform a few weeks ago and we are very dissapointed in the service. First off. this DVR locks up/freezes CONSTANTLY. Does not matter what you are trying to do. If you have the remote in your hand trying to do something (anything), chances are it will freeze. This has happened almost every day at least once since we have had the X1 platform service. Our old Motorola DVR only locked up maybe once or twice a year at most.

Our cable signal levels are great so that is not it.

Secondly, and this one (believe it or not) is even more frustrating than having to constantly reset the DVR. I DESPISE the way On Demand is being presented with the ridiculous icons. I dont give a you-know-what if "this is the way Netflix (or anyone else for that matter) does it"  AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION to change the On Demand menus to display JUST LIKE THE GUIDE DOES. IN TEXT ONLY FORMAT.  PLEASE!!  It is just way, way to "busy" and impossible to read with the movie poster icons listing method. Especially for older people like myself. Im just asking for the OPTION so we can CHOOSE.

This one is so bad I am considering dumping the service. (I know i have less than a week to do it)

We users "feel your pain".  But I've stuck with X1 because it is better than my other options.  I've come to accept its icons, etc.

I hope you find something you like better.  I couldn't.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 176 of 732

SLI_Fallen wrote: <snip>

I DESPISE the way On Demand is being presented with the ridiculous icons. I dont give a you-know-what if "this is the way Netflix (or anyone else for that matter) does it"  AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION to change the On Demand menus to display JUST LIKE THE GUIDE DOES. IN TEXT ONLY FORMAT.  PLEASE!!  It is just way, way to "busy" and impossible to read with the movie poster icons listing method. Especially for older people like myself. Im just asking for the OPTION so we can CHOOSE.

agree fully needs that option. I only use the on-demand now on the iphone (app works on any smartphone) xFinity TV Remote. the scrolling is super fast and i can just ignore the artwork.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 177 of 732

The only real benefit that we saw with the X1 platform prior to installing it was the ability to record more than 2 things and watch another. We also THOUGHT that the increased capacity of the DVR would also be a plus. Then we get it and find out we can only record regular broadcast shows for FIVE MINUTES past the scheduled time. (Yes I know this can be bypassed by logging in to your account online and changing the DVR schedule manually). But why do I have to get on my PC to fix something that my trusty old Motorola DVR would let me record up to two hours past ANY program did, Live or not! 

Probably going to call them to see if I can downgrade back to my old DVR but keep the Xfinity home that we also added at that time. I really would have thought that with as long as the Xfinity platform has been available, it would be more mature/stable than it appears to be.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 178 of 732
On the topic of things that can't be found, in the sports and fitness section of on-demand, under editors picks, there was, at least last week, a sports packages folder. This has the option to subscribe to the various sports packages that Comcast has. Now, it's nowhere to be found in the sports and fitness category, but I can still search for The individual subscription upgrade options. Where is it on the on demand section, unless I missing it. It's definitely not an editors picks anymore.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 179 of 732

I think it's only fair to update that the X1 DVR freezing issues have dissappeared. In fact, when I phoned customer service about downgrading back to my old motorola DVR the representative admitted she had the exact same probelem for the first several days but it then cleared up. Happy to say this was the case with us as well. Freeze free since I posted here last. On the other hand, they were fully willing to let me do an "equipment swap" to get my "legacy" DVR back, but since I was on a Quad play package I would not get a price break or a plan change. Only that I could get the equipment changed. The cost would remain the same. 

Obviously I have no interest in paying the same but getting less features from the DVR. Though I despise the way on demand is displayed, that does not mean the DVR itself is not without its merits. And at this point I will keep it and only hope that they will give us an option to have on demand be displayed in text format just like the guide is. But I will deal with it in the mean time.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 180 of 732
I am not able to find Big Hero 6. But when I check the comcast.net website it says it's available. Can you answer as to why this is?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 181 of 732

Hi, 

When watching an On Demand show, it sometimes happens that we need to pause the show to a)take a call or something else.  The pause feature is handy because the sound is also paused.  However, if the show is paused for too long, then the TV reverts back to "live" programming.

However, when going back in to watch the same "On Demand" show and RESUME where I left off "hit the pause button", the show starts all over.  It is bad enough that I may have to fast forward to the point where I left off, but as we know all too well there are many shows that now do not let us fast forward so we get to watch the same thing all over again.

And that includes the same 3 commercials that are played over and over again thruout the show.

I called in and the rep sent a refresh signal to the DVR box twice and it seemed to resolve the issue.  However, one day later after the call to CS, the same thing happened where we paused and left it on too long so it went to live TV.  When we went back into the show to RESUME, it started all over again.  

I have read the On Demand help and it tells us that we should hit exit (since there is no stop) and the Resume option will then be available.  Why is the pause function working some of the time, but not others.  I would think that the Resume function from a paused show would be a common need as well.

I read some old complaints about this from 2013, but have not seen anything reported since?  Is this still a common issue?

Thanks!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 182 of 732

brucerich4 wrote:

Hi, 

When watching an On Demand show, it sometimes happens that we need to pause the show to a)take a call or something else.  The pause feature is handy because the sound is also paused.  However, if the show is paused for too long, then the TV reverts back to "live" programming.

However, when going back in to watch the same "On Demand" show and RESUME where I left off "hit the pause button", the show starts all over.  It is bad enough that I may have to fast forward to the point where I left off, but as we know all too well there are many shows that now do not let us fast forward so we get to watch the same thing all over again.

And that includes the same 3 commercials that are played over and over again thruout the show.

I called in and the rep sent a refresh signal to the DVR box twice and it seemed to resolve the issue.  However, one day later after the call to CS, the same thing happened where we paused and left it on too long so it went to live TV.  When we went back into the show to RESUME, it started all over again.  

I have read the On Demand help and it tells us that we should hit exit (since there is no stop) and the Resume option will then be available.  Why is the pause function working some of the time, but not others.  I would think that the Resume function from a paused show would be a common need as well.

I read some old complaints about this from 2013, but have not seen anything reported since?  Is this still a common issue?

Thanks!

the legacy boxes did the same thing. With the X1 it is easy to restart just hit the Last button and select the show (on same TV) and it restarts from last play position.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 183 of 732
There is a current is with the xod losing its place after being left idle. For now I would advice to hit exit when walking away. This issue is temporary.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 184 of 732

Can someone help me with this exact issue my on demand will not play anything only freezes as soon as the show begins. We recently upgraded to the X1 box as well..

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 185 of 732

jones48910 wrote:

Can someone help me with this exact issue my on demand will not play anything only freezes as soon as the show begins. We recently upgraded to the X1 box as well..

from a PC or laptop try 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies#core=locked

see if you can watch from there.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 186 of 732

yes it works fine

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 187 of 732

jones48910 wrote:

yes it works fine

I suspected it would. when I have that problem I usually just play any other on-demand program for a few seconds, then hit last and play the one that would not start. then it works. I've never had the problem with a rsume of viewing only on first start of a program on the X1 or back when I had the legacy DVR it did same thing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 188 of 732

Everything was working fine until last week. On Demand tv shows will not load. When I click on SD (we do not have HD), it goes to a blank screen.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 732

Where can we place suggestions for On demand channels and programs  Smiley Happy 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 190 of 732

hoosier4957 wrote:

Everything was working fine until last week. On Demand tv shows will not load. When I click on SD (we do not have HD), it goes to a blank screen.

next step is to talk to the x1 tech support center at 877-896-8678 or use chat support on https://customer.comcast.com/contact-us

the link for chat is near bottom left hand side.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 191 of 732

dkbegue wrote:

Where can we place suggestions for On demand channels and programs  Smiley Happy 

No place that I know of, unless you want to try the Comcast twitter or facebook accounts.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 192 of 732

dkbegue wrote:

In the On Demand forum.

However, you can suggest all you want but if the NETWORKS don't provide their network or a show for On Demand access there is nothing Comcast and other tv providers can do to add them.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 193 of 732

I have streampixs listed on my account however when I try to play a movie on it it asks me to subscribe. 

HD Premier XF Quad Play Includes Digital Premier, Sports Entertainment Package, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, AnyRoom DVR, access to On Demand programming, Blast! Internet, XFINITY Voice Unlimited Select and XFINITY Home Secure 300 with 2 year agreement

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 194 of 732

I have streampixs listed on my account however when I try to play a movie on it it asks me to subscribe. 

HD Premier XF Quad Play Includes Digital Premier, Sports Entertainment Package, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, AnyRoom DVR, access to On Demand programming, Blast! Internet, XFINITY Voice Unlimited Select and XFINITY Home Secure 300 with 2 year agreement

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 195 of 732

Call Comcast and ask for billing.  Tell them what is happening.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 196 of 732

I'm having the same problem with On Demand. I can get as far as selecting the episode but then the screen goes dark gray and  ... nothing. It had been working fine the night before.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 197 of 732

So ... what is the solution?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 198 of 732

Fix as told to me;

Individually removed all VOD codes from each box and re-assigned.

Refreshed entire account.

Sent an Initialization signal.

I have been getting the error for 8 days now when trying to access VOD;

Unfortunately, this isn't working. This issue should be resolved soon. Please try your request again later.

Error code XRE-07002

My account was working fine, then just stopped working for all boxes.  My account is up to date.

Techs have been out several times, supervisor has called me, multiple engineers have investigated, and they have no clue what is going on.

I think it is an account issue where some value is bad.  Most likely in their billing system.  The swear that is not the problem.  I'm betting some sort of software upgrade was deployed on their end, and data was corrupted.  So far they have brushed off all of my suggestions.

Anyway, still waiting.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 199 of 732

I had my X1 installed on 2/28.  I haven't been able to access On Demand since the first day.  I keep getting a "Tuner Error" message, and thrown back to live TV.  I have had the issue moved to a Tier 2 tech, but still no resolution as of last night.  Anyone else seeing the "Tuner Error"?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 200 of 732
so ive been a comcast customer for years now and ive never had this problem, i went to go watch a tv show on demand and after about 2 seconds the show froze so then i tried a movie and 2 other shows and the same thing happens. ive already unplugged the box and restarted it so idk what to do, anyone els ever have this problem?