members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 101 of 720

catkinson2008 wrote:

Calling Comcast service/tech, in alot of peoples opinion, is a waste of time, But you might have to find that out for yourself. Try to get your area service manager's phone number or his/her email address. I, myself, bypass the Comcast call altogether. I know better.

I may have to try that myself. Between alternating X1 Companion Box DVR playback and On-Demand problems and FXM showing me that I need a subscription to watch (which I have talked to 3 different techs about with no fix of the problem), I'm ready to buy a 3rd Roku and switch back to my previous phone/Internet provider and dump cable altogether. My 2 year contract ends this coming May and I get closer to moving back every month, especially since the previous provider is offering a dirt cheap phone/Internet package. I could even have 2 high speed DSL connections for less than what I'm paying Comcast. which would be more than enough bandwidth for the Rokus.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 102 of 720

robtbklyn wrote:

I have had 2 on site technicians to my home in the last 2 weeks - x1 on demand still not workibg after hours on phone and rebooting boxes at least 50 times. They even gave me new boxes which I lost all programs saved from my old x 1 boxes.

The cchecked cable signals to the house and checkked all the lines and still not working

frustated in florida

could you give more details on what you see, error messages, etc when you try to do ondemand? (please test on regular network tv shows).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 103 of 720

workerdummy wrote:

catkinson2008 wrote:

Calling Comcast service/tech, in alot of peoples opinion, is a waste of time, But you might have to find that out for yourself. Try to get your area service manager's phone number or his/her email address. I, myself, bypass the Comcast call altogether. I know better.

I may have to try that myself. Between alternating X1 Companion Box DVR playback and On-Demand problems and FXM showing me that I need a subscription to watch (which I have talked to 3 different techs about with no fix of the problem), I'm ready to buy a 3rd Roku and switch back to my previous phone/Internet provider and dump cable altogether. My 2 year contract ends this coming May and I get closer to moving back every month, especially since the previous provider is offering a dirt cheap phone/Internet package. I could even have 2 high speed DSL connections for less than what I'm paying Comcast. which would be more than enough bandwidth for the Rokus.

have you ever had contact with the great dedicated x1 support centers at 877-896-8678 ?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 104 of 720

I am experiencing htis same issue. I have tried everything on here. Can someone push through a reset to  my box?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 105 of 720

tamorris2188 wrote:

I am experiencing htis same issue. I have tried everything on here. Can someone push through a reset to  my box?

have you ever had contact with the great dedicated x1 support centers at 877-896-8678 ?  If you mean reboot you can either unplug the box or press and hold the round circle power button for 10+ seconds then let go.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 106 of 720

Now I have aproblem with caller ID and voice mail not showing up on the TV.

It never ends WITH COMCAST

Frustrated In Florida

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 107 of 720

robtbklyn wrote:

Now I have aproblem with caller ID and voice mail not showing up on the TV.

It never ends WITH COMCAST

Frustrated In Florida

actually a bit off topic, but that said.. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/caller-ID-on-tv/m-p/2415088/highlight/true#M47739

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 108 of 720

My X1 on Demand is not working.  It has been working earlier this week but starting yesterday whenever I try to watch a show it eventually errors out with the error XRE-22 SRM-8101 and a suggestion to restart my DVR.  I've tried restarting the DVR several times and I still get the same error.

thanks.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 109 of 720

scoy wrote:

My X1 on Demand is not working.  It has been working earlier this week but starting yesterday whenever I try to watch a show it eventually errors out with the error XRE-22 SRM-8101 and a suggestion to restart my DVR.  I've tried restarting the DVR several times and I still get the same error.

thanks.

most of the time you can fix this yourself in a few minutes with the smartphone app xfinity My Account run it log in and select TV, troubleshooting. swipe to find the x1 Equipment you are are having trouble with and select troubleshooting. for reason: acting funny. 2 steps to get it provisioned and refreshed. then it will ask to reboot the box. If the restart does not happen in 5 mins unplug it and plug it back in.  The 24/7 support phone number is 877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 110 of 720

Thanks for the suggestions although having a Windows Phone means I'm out of luck app-wise.  For some reason the video on demand seems to be working now.  No clue what changed.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 111 of 720
I am a comcast employee who recently upgraded to the X1 through my courtesy services (SIK). I keep receiving the same error code XRE-22 SRM-901F, subscription required, call 800-xfinity, select option for billing. The rep rebooted my box twice then said there was nothing more she could do. I am able to access all premium channels and On Demand services from my second tv that is still connected to Legacy equipment. Clearly, the issue is with the X1 box, not my account. Neither of the representatives I spoke to at the 800# made an attempt to further investigate the issue to resolve the problem. Please help
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 112 of 720

Jaxgirl911 wrote:
I am a comcast employee who recently upgraded to the X1 through my courtesy services (SIK). I keep receiving the same error code XRE-22 SRM-901F, subscription required, call 800-xfinity, select option for billing. The rep rebooted my box twice then said there was nothing more she could do. I am able to access all premium channels and On Demand services from my second tv that is still connected to Legacy equipment. Clearly, the issue is with the X1 box, not my account. Neither of the representatives I spoke to at the 800# made an attempt to further investigate the issue to resolve the problem. Please help

If you are truly a Comcast employee you above all others should know you need to get a TECH on site to diganose your X1 problems....  X1 is not your OLD cable.... SIGNAL LEVELS are paramount for successful X1 enjoyment...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 113 of 720

Jaxgirl911 wrote:

the 901f code for regular customers always has to be fixed by billing. Your SIK courtesy services did not set up your account or did not give you any entitlements (things to watch on your account). Contact your courtesy services. Note that the redletter comcast people here have said in other threads they can not look into fellow comcast employees accounts (tools don't give them access).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 114 of 720

A totally new issue today.  I have Showtime, and I watch Homeland OnDemand every Monday.  I go into the menu, select it, the latest shows OnDemand so I select it.  When it opens there is no option to watch, I have Record, Other Times and Series Info, just 3 options no Watch.  So I reboot but it is still the same so I choose Info and then choose Episodes which finally opens to a Watch option.  On 1.47.20.  Jumped through hoops and got it working, but shouldn't have to.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 115 of 720

receive error code SRM8012 when trying to watch latest Blue Blood episodes.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 116 of 720

chacters wrote:

chacters wrote:

Google:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/top-video-on-demand-error-codes/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 117 of 720

Was binge watching entourage and now all of a sudden it says no episodes available? WTH??? I reset box twice and it still says no episodes available

Posted by
Visitor

Message 118 of 720

Im having the same problem, and I can't even watch movies I have purchased in the past. I reset my box also with no change. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 119 of 720

i had the same thing happen to me, only during homeland...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 120 of 720
I am having the same issue. I can not watch on demand on any tv in my house.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 121 of 720
Same issue, just got X11 installed today and am having buyers remorse
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 122 of 720

I am using the X1 platform and have had two issues within the past week where I received a PPV charge for an OnDemand title that I was led to believe was free. In the first instance I used the "Restart" feature of the X1 guide that allows you to restart a movie already in progress from the beginning via OnDemand. There was absolutely no indication when I clicked on "Restart" that there would be charge. I was only made aware of the charge via an email thanking me for my PPV purchase. In the second instance I was using the iPad Xfinity Tv Remote app to browse OnDemand movies. I had a filter in place to only show free movies. The movie also showed as free when clicking on the title. As before, there was no indication that I would be charged when starting the movie and was only made aware of the charge via an email. Fortunately, after I received the email I was able to go back into the iPad app, locate the movie in question, and take a picture of the iPad screen that clearly shows the movie listed as free. I wonder how many other customers have been charged for watching an OnDeman movie that they were led to believe they could watch for free? Anyone currently using the X1 platform should make sure to check their emails frequently for PPV charge

Posted by
Visitor
Message 123 of 720

I've tried selecting several different TV shows and episodes to watch On Demand and it isn't working. It will let me select a show and go to the play screen but then the Xfinity On Demand with the three blinking dots appears the show won't play.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 124 of 720

Jval wrote:

I've tried selecting several different TV shows and episodes to watch On Demand and it isn't working. It will let me select a show and go to the play screen but then the Xfinity On Demand with the three blinking dots appears the show won't play.

might be a good idea to call the dedicated x1 support center at 877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 125 of 720

Hi There. Hello 

Thank you for contacting us via forums.  I would like to help you with your On Demand Issue but I will need your account information.   Please send me a PM with your account #.

Thank you,

ComcastCharlene

Jval wrote:

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 126 of 720

You can click on my name (ComcastCharlene) and scroll down to a link that says “Send this user a private message”.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 127 of 720

mcamacho75 wrote:

I am using the X1 platform and have had two issues within the past week where I received a PPV charge for an OnDemand title that I was led to believe was free. In the first instance I used the "Restart" feature of the X1 guide that allows you to restart a movie already in progress from the beginning via OnDemand. There was absolutely no indication when I clicked on "Restart" that there would be charge. I was only made aware of the charge via an email thanking me for my PPV purchase. In the second instance I was using the iPad Xfinity Tv Remote app to browse OnDemand movies. I had a filter in place to only show free movies. The movie also showed as free when clicking on the title. As before, there was no indication that I would be charged when starting the movie and was only made aware of the charge via an email. Fortunately, after I received the email I was able to go back into the iPad app, locate the movie in question, and take a picture of the iPad screen that clearly shows the movie listed as free. I wonder how many other customers have been charged for watching an OnDeman movie that they were led to believe they could watch for free? Anyone currently using the X1 platform should make sure to check their emails frequently for PPV charge

Hi mcamacho75,

Can you please send me the titles of these movies in a private message? We're investigating this issue and a little more information would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 128 of 720

Unable to load up any On Demand titles.  Able to view live TV just fine.  Some titles include: Adult Swim (Hellsing Episode IX) and ABC (Agents of Shield Episode 10)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 129 of 720

Anybody had luck with the 'subscription needed' issue?  I have the issue on at least one of my X1 boxes.  Also, what is the best way to work with Comcast...phone, online chat??

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 130 of 720

scrap83072 wrote:

Anybody had luck with the 'subscription needed' issue?  I have the issue on at least one of my X1 boxes.  Also, what is the best way to work with Comcast...phone, online chat??

it was the dedicated x1 support center but seems like they rolled it into the standard ask you for phone/ss# etc 20 times then live operator/tech asks same questions team. Disgusting/disappointing comcast. 877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 131 of 720
Anybody had luck with the 'subscription needed' issue? I have the issue on at least one of my X1 boxes. Also, what is the best way to work with Comcast...phone, online chat??

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 132 of 720

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Anybody had luck with the 'subscription needed' issue? I have the issue on at least one of my X1 boxes. Also, what is the best way to work with Comcast...phone, online chat??

have they taken down the x1 dedicated 'super great' support centers at that number?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 133 of 720

I recorded an episode of NCIS last night, and unfortunately, it only recorded part of the episode.  I got the idea to delete the partial episode and just go to the on demand and watch the full episode.  well, I was surprised when I found out that if I delete a recording, it deletes the same episode from on demand.  can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  On demand should always have the full episode available.  before I deleted my partial, I went to on demand and it had the same partial that I recorded.  what gives?  this is actually my first day with comcast, and so far I'm less than impressed.  fortunately I'm not locked into a contract.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 134 of 720

jessebo8247 wrote:

I recorded an episode of NCIS last night, and unfortunately, it only recorded part of the episode.  I got the idea to delete the partial episode and just go to the on demand and watch the full episode.  well, I was surprised when I found out that if I delete a recording, it deletes the same episode from on demand.  can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  On demand should always have the full episode available.  before I deleted my partial, I went to on demand and it had the same partial that I recorded.  what gives?  this is actually my first day with comcast, and so far I'm less than impressed.  fortunately I'm not locked into a contract.  

removing it from your recordings should make it appear on the x1 equipment VoD. If you have a smart phone, you can load the xFinity TV Remote app will let you go directly to the episode and play it. When you log in it will ask which x1 device friendly name you want to control. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 135 of 720

deleted

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 136 of 720

The X1 service is the WORSE CABLE SERVICE EVER! I live in Maryland and the service goes out weekly. My bill is 205 a month and yet I cant enjoy it because its unreliable. Right now; 9:33pm EST, I cannot use my On Demand Service. I've been trying to watch American Horror Story on Demand for an hour and when I select it, all I get is a dim screen and three white dots.  The TVs (2 out of 3) in my home are always "connecting to your live entertainment". This is ridiculous! I plan to call Comcast at the end of the month (since I already paid the bill for this month) and ask that they come and get this out of my home! I will go with Verizon or regular comcast cable. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Wifi is always "limited". WTH? Limited? How is it that I can't get a strong signal on a WiFi service that is in my home????!!! I'm so frustrated with this X1 service that I want to throw it out of the nearest window!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 137 of 720

I tried deleting the recording and it deleted the VoD as well.  I even tried going to the app and watching it through that and it didn't work. I've had comcast for a few days now, and so far I'm not impressed at all.  

Posted by
Visitor
Message 138 of 720
We have been having issues watching on demand tv shows and movies. Currently getting the error message xre-22-srm-6. Strength is good, cables are good, box has been reset, what next??
Posted by
Visitor
Message 139 of 720

My on demand doesn't work.  Technicians were here all day today and could not fix it.  Problem started when I upgraded to triple play. Exasperating!!!!!! some one help!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 140 of 720

And the X1 problems continue. Amazing how long people will continue to pay for such junk. When will you people learn this product is NOT worth the money? This product is still in experiment process and you the customers are the lab rats. Wake up people. I got rid of the X1 a month ago and my headaches went with it. Try Dish Network. I did. And my bill is $25 cheaper for more channels. But keep calling 1-800-COMCAST. You are at the main menu... LOL

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 141 of 720

retgoat wrote:

My on demand doesn't work.  Technicians were here all day today and could not fix it.  Problem started when I upgraded to triple play. Exasperating!!!!!! some one help!

We are users just like you.  It sounds like it is up to Comcast to resolve your issues.  Be sure to get real Comcast techs and not contract.  And make sure they escalate to their supervisor.  When I got a supeervisor on site, my installation. was done correctly..

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 142 of 720
The Affair season 1 episode 6 is missing on demand. Had to watch it on showtime anytime on mobile device.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 143 of 720

Khynzelman wrote:
The Affair season 1 episode 6 is missing on demand. Had to watch it on showtime anytime on mobile device.

weird. using the "xFinity tv remote" app, confirmed not there. has SD/HD for all other episodes there too.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 144 of 720

This is an issue I've been experiencing for quite some time. Today I am aggravated enough to post it so I can get some information on it..

Often times as I'm clicking around the on demand program listings, the icons (for a lack of a better term) representing the show or channel will suddenly turn transparent. All the squares dissappear except for their outlines and I can see the tuned in program running behind them. There is no rhyme or reason why it happens because it's random and I can't find how to reproduce it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 145 of 720

On Demand is not working one one of my three X1 boxes (occasionally works, believe perhaps after a reboot and then stopped working again).

This is a box which ironically has better signal levels than one of the other two X1 boxes on both of which it works fine.

All three values - downstream power received, SNR and upstream power - are well within spec.

The TV just displays a black screen after selecting the specific On Demand episode I want to watch.

I can PM my account number to the Comcast rep so they can look into it.

This is the X1 box in the great room.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 146 of 720

I'm having the same problem.  Can the solution be posted or do I need to set up a PM step also?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 147 of 720
Xre-22 srm-12 error on every on demand movie.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 148 of 720

fear2stop wrote:
Xre-22 srm-12 error on every on demand movie.

are you selecting movies that are free? try the 'A' button on your remote and see if those on demand media will play.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 149 of 720

X1 On Demand works maybe 20% of the time. The vast majority of selections I make show me a black screen with nothing on it, no matter how long I wait. Resetting the box and waiting several minutes for it to re-boot does not help. I have wasted numerous hours of my limited time on Earth waiting for an On Demand show to appear, only to have nothing happen. It's fun to think that I am paying for this experience. It seems like this new platform was rolled out hastily without suffiicient testing and de-bugging. Did you use the same project managers as Healthcare.gov? I am really disappointed with Comcast, but I do hope you are having fun with my money. Maybe I should just burn the money. That way it would at least heat my house.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 150 of 720

wp5280 wrote:

X1 On Demand works maybe 20% of the time. The vast majority of selections I make show me a black screen with nothing on it, no matter how long I wait. Resetting the box and waiting several minutes for it to re-boot does not help. I have wasted numerous hours of my limited time on Earth waiting for an On Demand show to appear, only to have nothing happen. It's fun to think that I am paying for this experience. It seems like this new platform was rolled out hastily without suffiicient testing and de-bugging. Did you use the same project managers as Healthcare.gov? I am really disappointed with Comcast, but I do hope you are having fun with my money. Maybe I should just burn the money. That way it would at least heat my house.

hi, another customer here. my experience with on-demand is same on both legacy (past) and x1 (now). The only recurring problem I have is that every few 'new' selections I get a black screen with -1 on the counter that does not start counting up in seconds. when this happens i pick something else and it starts. I hit 'last' button and select the one that would not 'start' and then for some reason it always 'starts'. A long time bug or something i'm guessing. good luck! hope that trick works for you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon