members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 51 of 718

Richmn1 wrote:
My xfinity on demand hasn't worked for the last 3 nights that I have tried it. I get an error code is err 0x000f.

did you call the 24/7 dedicated X1 support number 877-896-8678 ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 52 of 718

Richmn1 wrote:
Myxfinity on demand hasn't worked for the last 3 nights that I have tried it. I get an error code is err0x000f.

This code is not for a Comcast x1 box, but I am a nice guy so I will try to help you. Most people who have had this issue can get it fixed by calling Comcast and getting them to send a refresh signal to the box.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 53 of 718
So not true. Been there done that. Called xfinity # more times than I want to count and issue hasn't been resolved. The 901f error code says to call xfinity # and select option for billing. Rep says nothing is wrong with account and isn't sure why that error says to contact billing. Saturday Nov 1 will be tech visit #3 and a week since install.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 54 of 718
Thanks. I called and got the problem solved.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 55 of 718

hangry wrote:
So not true. Been there done that. Called xfinity # more times than I want to count and issue hasn't been resolved. The 901f error code says to call xfinity # and select option for billing. Rep says nothing is wrong with account and isn't sure why that error says to contact billing. Saturday Nov 1 will be tech visit #3 and a week since install.

Rich does not have the same code or the same equipment as we do.....

Are you still having the issue with xod?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 56 of 718

The SRM 901F is an issue Comcast is aware of and working on with our engineers.  The open ticket suggests a resolution might be reached by the first week of November

This is what brandon posted a few days ago...It says November...

I understand that you are upset, we have all been there. In future post please try not to jump in and slam Comcast when I am not Comcast and do this on my free time...

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 57 of 718
I am also experiencing the xre-22 arm-901f message. Spent an hour on the phone with 3 people from billing, tech, and advanced tech. Problem still there. I plan to wait for the fix you mentioned that may come out in the first part of November. Service and support for on demand is obviously very poor. If Comcast suspended billing us until the problem is fixed I believe the problem would be repaired quickly.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 58 of 718

enf wrote:
I am also experiencing thexre-22 arm-901f message. Spent an hour on the phone with 3 people from billing, tech, and advanced tech. Problem still there. I plan to wait for the fix you mentioned that may come out in the first part of November. Service and support for on demand is obviously very poor. If Comcast suspended billing us until the problem is fixed I believe the problem would be repaired quickly.

Xod is one of the things that is the most reliable about Comcast. There must be something going on that they are having a hard time figuring out. Keep in mind that they have experienced big growth on the xod side due to x1, there could be growth issues with the servers...

Not to mention they just activated millions of tivo units to start using comcast xod!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 718
I have on demand issues daily. X1 box needs to be reset before it week play anything. 3 techs and 5 boxes. Signal is perfect. Last tech saidsaid all the self install kits going out have boxes with no firmware update and he's having to go replace them as they arrive. Make sure and ask for a credit to your account, pro rated for the days you haven't had service. They can't expect you to pay for services not rendered.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 60 of 718
Posted by
Visitor

Message 61 of 718
My service has been having issues the last two nights; I spent over an hour on hold tonight before getting hung up on, so trying my luck here. I'm getting the xre-22 srm-901F error when attempting to stream HBO. My account is up to date billing-wise, and the issue just popped up after working fine for a few months. Any solutions out there?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 62 of 718

Rdaws wrote:
My service has been having issues the last two nights; I spent over an hour on hold tonight before getting hung up on, so trying my luck here. I'm getting the xre-22 srm-901F error when attempting to stream HBO. My account is up to date billing-wise, and the issue just popped up after working fine for a few months. Any solutions out there?

call the dedicated X1 support number 24/7 877-896-8678

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 63 of 718

my DVR recordings have not been letting me watch them. Now my X1 Platform says it is having trouble connecting. Is it just on HD TVs? Cause my kids Raggedy cable tv is working. It says that there is an outage, but why is my kids working? Hmmm

Posted by
Visitor

Message 64 of 718

I'm upset/disgruntled at this service. I have had the service for less than a month and four times already my "on demand" is unavailable or my boxes freeze. Is anyone else going through this BS? How can you expect people to pay for a service in which they can't use? The first time it messed up, I was patient but it took over 3 hrs before the service worked and the lady hung up before it was even corrected and said she hopes it works this time, after several failed attempts troubleshooting. Comcast royally sucks at this point.

ComcastGwen wrote:

Welcome to the new "X1- On Demand" thread! We ask that you post all of your X1- On Demand related comments, questions, issues and suggestions here. 

Below, you will find a link to the “X1: On Demand Overview,” which includes a series of links to step-by-step Help articles that address highly discussed areas of our X1- On Demand product:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-on-demand-index/

Thank you in advance for posting!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 65 of 718

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 66 of 718

I Have had X1 for quite awhile now.  Still get error message on occasion when we try to watch on Demand.  It says to call billing.  Which I have done and my bill is current.  They always try to reboot my  box which usuallly ends in disaster because they end up wiping my whole dvr clean and all my saved programs are gone.  I just want to watch SOA on Demand.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 67 of 718

papadews wrote:

I Have had X1 for quite awhile now.  Still get error message on occasion when we try to watch on Demand.  It says to call billing.  Which I have done and my bill is current.  They always try to reboot my  box which usuallly ends in disaster because they end up wiping my whole dvr clean and all my saved programs are gone.  I just want to watch SOA on Demand.

Sounds like your account codes need to be looked at again so that yur account is provisioned correctly....   something isn't enabled on the billling/provisoning side of things...

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 718

Just found this thread, but couple of other threads were started related to error code XRE-07002.  A person on Tech 2 team, John, said it is related to provisioning of the box, indicating my account is going through a billing system migration and as a result my X1 platform system is no longer attached to my account.  Seems like only way to fix is to let Comcast know it is happening to you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 69 of 718
I just had xfinity installed yesterday. For the on demand I am getting an error code of XRE-22-CM-FF. I searched on the code and rebooted the box. Oak still getting this error. Do I need to reboot the DVR box as well?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 70 of 718

Try it and see.  It won't hurt anything.

You might have to call Comcast Billing to see if you have all your rate codes added to your account.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 71 of 718
Reboot did nothing. I have been on phone with tier 2 support. They are saying this is an X1 issue. My on demand on my dvr works but the errors are on my smaller boxes.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 72 of 718
Good luck with that. I've been calling west coast corporate customer relations regarding my fault reboots. I'm supposed to have a dedicated agent, I keep leaving her voicemails, but she won't call back. Daily error codes from x1 continue. The real question is, not that I don't appreciate all the great advice, why am I having to do all this calling and troubleshooting? What does a comcast tech make? Shouldn't I be compensated for wait time on the phone since I'm doing their job for them?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 73 of 718
Xo VOX had been working fine for months. Recently shows and movies freeze within first few seconds. Box teplaced last week. No help. Ready to get rid of X1! Never had problems like this before X1. Restarted device. No fix. Help!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 74 of 718

Gotpizza? 8 million X1 Platform boxes on the market? WOW. Really? Had no idea. But let's skip to the nitty-gritty. Most people, who pay for this service, went without this service for atleast 2 weeks. I know I did. Who's going to refund, and/or compensate these people that have lost this service for those 2 weeks? At one point I read, here in the forum, that this was a nation wide outage. That's alot of cash from 8 million customers. And since this issued came to be. Why didn't Comcast inform their customers of this issue/outage? Why wasn't there a e-mail, a recorded message call, a note on the X1 other than a lot of missed informed code numbers and a window to tell the customers to call the 800 number? I know I spent hours tring to figure out what was going on. I am most possitive millions also spent countless hours either on hold, or going through the nightmare phone menu, or even "LIED" to by some wannabe tech that is coached to come up with some excuss other than just be honest and tell the truth. " We are so sorry Mr./Mrs paying customer. But it seems we at Comcast have dropped the ball again and you, 8 million paying customers, are going to pay the tab ". I say again... REALLY? I've read a lot of lame excusses. Try this link. Blah, Blah, Blah! In closing.... I hope everyone has there service back and running the way it should. But in my experiences with Comcast and the service. I highly doubt it will last. If I could get out of this 2 year agreement I would!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 75 of 718

I think you can get out of the contract if you tried hard enough.  Writing to Corporate is one thought.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 718
I have been speaking to the same tech for 2 days now. Dvr box has no issues getting Ondemand to play but my two smaller boxes are sporadic with one show plays then a movie doesn't vice versa. I'm getting a credit to my account since we have only had comcast since Monday night. Guess we shall see.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 77 of 718

catkinson2008 wrote:

Gotpizza? 8 million X1 Platform boxes on the market? WOW. Really? Had no idea. But let's skip to the nitty-gritty. Most people, who pay for this service, went without this service for atleast 2 weeks. I know I did. Who's going to refund, and/or compensate these people that have lost this service for those 2 weeks? At one point I read, here in the forum, that this was a nation wide outage. That's alot of cash from 8 million customers. And since this issued came to be. Why didn't Comcast inform their customers of this issue/outage? Why wasn't there a e-mail, a recorded message call, a note on the X1 other than a lot of missed informed code numbers and a window to tell the customers to call the 800 number? I know I spent hours tring to figure out what was going on. I am most possitive millions also spent countless hours either on hold, or going through the nightmare phone menu, or even "LIED" to by some wannabe tech that is coached to come up with some excuss other than just be honest and tell the truth. " We are so sorry Mr./Mrs paying customer. But it seems we at Comcast have dropped the ball again and you, 8 million paying customers, are going to pay the tab ". I say again... REALLY? I've read a lot of lame excusses. Try this link. Blah, Blah, Blah! In closing.... I hope everyone has there service back and running the way it should. But in my experiences with Comcast and the service. I highly doubt it will last. If I could get out of this 2 year agreement I would!

try this:

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

It worked for me.... received a HUMAN call and a personal email within 24 hours.....

It can't help but to make things better.....

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 78 of 718
I called the X1 hot line. Back up and running in 15 minutes.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 79 of 718
What is that number to call to get the problem resolved?
Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Message 80 of 718

having problems with on demand for 1 of the x1 boxes.   2 other boxes work fine. when on demand is selected nothing happens.   The screen stays black.  No error codes.    

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 81 of 718

vjf wrote:

having problems with on demand for 1 of the x1 boxes.   2 other boxes work fine. when on demand is selected nothing happens.   The screen stays black.  No error codes.    

Sounds like that box is not defined to your account.  Call Comcast.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 82 of 718

Donnaturner924 wrote:
What is that number to call to get the problem resolved?

24/7 877-896-8678

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 83 of 718

On my 2nd outlet/slave box on X1 when I try and get something from on demand i get an error message saying it needs to restart it , ive done this numerous times and the on demand still doesnt work on the 2nd tv. I've pulled the power on the main dvr and 2nd tv to reset them and still doesnt work.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 84 of 718

Jangoman wrote:

On my 2nd outlet/slave box on X1 when I try and get something from on demand i get an error message saying it needs to restart it , ive done this numerous times and the on demand still doesnt work on the 2nd tv. I've pulled the power on the main dvr and 2nd tv to reset them and still doesnt work.

24/7 877-896-8678

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 85 of 718

I'm getting a message on screen when selecting a video on-demand program "XRE-22 SRM-4"  I followed instructions to rest the converter box. Of course that did not work. I know that there isn't a problem in the area I live, I know that I dont have a wiring issue or a signal problem, because I currently work for the cable company. To the experts answering these posts, why I'm I getting this error code? Is it a X1 software issue? What's the exact meaning of the error code?

Second issue with video on-demand is unable to select programs that I'm subscribed to. Like free HBO, SHOWTIME, or STARS, when looking at the program like a movie, or series instead of being able to select watch. I have subscribe instead. The channels are working, so why not the on-demand?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 86 of 718

Tech12061 wrote:

I'm getting a message on screen when selecting a video on-demand program "XRE-22 SRM-4"  I followed instructions to rest the converter box. Of course that did not work. I know that there isn't a problem in the area I live, I know that I dont have a wiring issue or a signal problem, because I currently work for the cable company. To the experts answering these posts, why I'm I getting this error code? Is it a X1 software issue? What's the exact meaning of the error code?

Second issue with video on-demand is unable to select programs that I'm subscribed to. Like free HBO, SHOWTIME, or STARS, when looking at the program like a movie, or series instead of being able to select watch. I have subscribe instead. The channels are working, so why not the on-demand?

I get the same error for Showtime and CBS.  I restarted to no avail.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 87 of 718

Same problem and no access to our recordings either. Both issues are occurring with disturbing frequency. My wife is giving customer service an earful as I write this, but it is not like they can do anything about it over the phone.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 88 of 718

Google XRE-22 SRM-4.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 89 of 718

Thanks RobertWy, but unfortunately I have been to this rodeo too often. I have restarted and rebooted mutliple boxes multiple times. It does not solve the problem. Something happens over a several hour period and then everything is back to normal. But, until then, the suggested solutions are useless.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 90 of 718

Regardin error message XRE-22 SRM 8101, for two days I have restarted and rebooted the TV system and for one day two technicians connected by telephone have done the same, but On Demad movies will not load. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 91 of 718

so we are all having this same problem and still no official word here on this post. I've googled, ive reset the boxes based off what google said and also what ive read here. It always worked no problem and the past few weeks this error message now.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 92 of 718

I have not been able to use the on demand feature for listed programs of movies.  When I select a show I get "Unfortunatly this isn't working  This issue should be resolved soon.  Please Try again later.  XRE-07002"

I have called 4 times and they have sent a reset signal each time - I have waited the time they suggested.  This has not solved anything.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 93 of 718

The first thing I would do is call the billing dept , and have them check the rate codes. They can also re-initialize and restart entitlements at the same time. Furthermore ever since many of the premium channels started offering their own streaming service it had caused issues with the same channels on xod. Comcast provides the content to the home, but in many cases the content comes from the channels own servers. I say this because there could just be too much traffic on these servers for them to handle.

We are at a crossroads here in the states, with so many mobile devices. Everyone wants there content NOW NOW NOW. The demand far outweighs the amount of inferstructure avalable to stream all this data to the home and wireless devices. It is quite possable that certain nodes are getting maxed out on channels that send xod to the home, and therfore when that is reached has to give these types of error codes. this maybe far from the truth, but only Comcast would know and they would never openly comfirm my statements anyways..

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 94 of 718

gotpizza wrote:

The first thing I would do is call the billing dept , and have them check the rate codes. They can also re-initialize and restart entitlements at the same time. Furthermore ever since many of the premium channels started offering their own streaming service it had caused issues with the same channels on xod. Comcast provides the content to the home, but in many cases the content comes from the channels own servers. I say this because there could just be too much traffic on these servers for them to handle.

We are at a crossroads here in the states, with so many mobile devices. Everyone wants there content NOW NOW NOW. The demand far outweighs the amount of inferstructure avalable to stream all this data to the home and wireless devices. It is quite possable that certain nodes are getting maxed out on channels that send xod to the home, and therfore when that is reached has to give these types of error codes. this maybe far from the truth, but only Comcast would know and they would never openly comfirm my statements anyways..

dang straight. I got the 128gb iphone 6+ so i can eventually download stuff and watch while out and watch streaming outside. Technology is great. FWIW my ondemand is working just started an HBO series as a test.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 95 of 718

I have had 2 on site technicians to my home in the last 2 weeks - x1 on demand still not workibg after hours on phone and rebooting boxes at least 50 times. They even gave me new boxes which I lost all programs saved from my old x 1 boxes.

The cchecked cable signals to the house and checkked all the lines and still not working

frustated in florida

Posted by
Visitor

Message 96 of 718

Like mostly everyone here ... I too am getting the XRE-22 SRM-901F - Subscription Required error while trying to watch On Demand shows.  I am able to watch shows with my premium channels On Demand (HBO and Showtime); however, CBS, ABC, NBC, Bravo, PBS, etc (locals and non-premium) I get the XRE-22 SRM-901F - Subscription Required.  My payments are current.  So, no problem there.  I went with X1 about 2 weeks ago.  Since then ... I have called Comcast 3 times about this issue.  I had a tech reset my X1 box twice ... and mumble what he was doing and passively agreeing with me that "that shouldn't be doing that" ... "that's odd" ... "hmmmm" ... now try.  So, I try On Demand again ... I again get the XRE-22 SRM-901F - Subscription Required error. Again, he reset and we went through the process again. He then said he put in a ticket and that someone would call me within 72 hours.  UNACCEPTABLE!!!!  Yesterday, I called and spoke with yet another tech.  Friendly, but completely not helpful.  She too reset the box and had me try a few things (even though I told her I've already been through this process).  I also asked her if it can be something with my billing and my account. She doubted that (even though it seems account related rather than equipment related since I'm able to view premiums On Demand).  Anyway ... non-helpful friendly tech said I will probably need to have a tech come out.  <sigh> She checked and someone cannot come out until Saturday (GREAT!!!!!  Another 4-hour window!!!!)  I see a Comcast tech in this forum every once in awhile.  My question ... shouldn't we subscribers be compensated for these inconveniences and the faulty services?  We are spending our good money for bad service and it's quite frustrating.  Comcast's sales people are quite good ... they talk up the services and make a lot of promises, but when it comes to delivery ... Oy!  That certainly has proven to be another story.  I'm frustrated and prepared to switch back to DTV (I know ... that's just crazy talk). 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 97 of 718

SM3372 . You are not alone with the countless issues that goes with the X1 Platform. On Demand, HD programming, missing channels, etc... And calling Comcast for help is useless. The techs are trained to reboot your system. Scripted to tell you just about anything. Get a tech to come out to your home. All BS! As I have said to others, I suggest placing a complaint with the BBB. Cause your problems regarding the X1 will never fully be corrected. On Demand had been out, for some people, over 6 weeks now. Mine came on 2 weeks ago. Lucky me. But now I am having issues with some HD channels. It's going to be one thing or another with this product. If everyone one this forum would stick together, contact the BBB. Drop Comcast completely. Then maybe Comcast will be held accountible for this crappy service. Be forced to pay back the customers what is due them. But we both know this isn't going to happen. Good luck with your issue and the many issues you WILL be having in the furture.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 98 of 718

I am having this problem on only 1 of my 3 boxes (it happens to be the one that were told is set up as the main box).

Is there a way to resolve this short of calling Comcast Customer Service?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 99 of 718

Calling Comcast service/tech, in alot of peoples opinion, is a waste of time, But you might have to find that out for yourself. Try to get your area service manager's phone number or his/her email address. I, myself, bypass the Comcast call altogether. I know better.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 100 of 718

SM3372 wrote:

Like mostly everyone here ... I too am getting the XRE-22 SRM-901F - <snip>

you will need to contact billing to have them fix your entitlements. You can try to fix it yourself if you have a smartphone. Download and login to the xFinity My Account app. press the TV tab, and trouble shoot. swipe the devices until you find the one you are watching. press/select troubleshoot. It will walk you through sending 2 sets of files to the box then will offer to reboot the box, if not working, let it reboot and see if fixed. If that didn't fix it then you will be on a send a tweet so an onduty tech can check the problem and respond to you.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon