Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,762,352

members

43

online now

1,918,091

discussions

Back to Top

X1 On Demand

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I get this alot :

Sorry we're having some trouble. Error code XRE-22 SRM-3.

Happens when clicking Play Next Episode, while watching a series OnDemand. Specifically The Strain, but ive experienced this since day one with x1. One reason why I prefer to DVR everything.

Anybody ever experience this with OnDemand content and actually find a fix?
Frequent Visitor

Saturday Night Live on demand

Last night's episode didn't air in Chicago because of baseball overrun.  The on demand copy is also baseball.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Saturday Night Live on demand

It's fixed.  Thanks

Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Missing on XI

Just got e-mail asking me to mark "accepted solution" but cannot find that option.  Yes, I can view TCM On Demand movies online.  They are now on X1 TV, also.  Thanks, Rustyben.

 

ps After posting, I saw the "choose this solution" option and just clicked on it now.  

New Poster

Where is the preview of whats coming next month On Demand?

We recently upgraded to X1 and it used to be that in the old On Demand content under the movies section there was a way to see what was coming the next month... is that gone with X1 or is it some place I just can't find?

 

I tried searching the forums contents to see if it was answered before but had no luck so if this is a repeat question, my apologies.

 

 

New Poster

Lots of X1 issues!

I have had X1 for a couole of months and I'm having multiple issues. On Demand is not updating properly. It takes an excessive amount of time for shows to become available after they've aired.
Certain HD channels are pixelated and there are a couole of channels rhat I cannot access at all.
In the middle of the night, each night, I get messages on all the boxes that updates need to be installed. I''m not necessarily going to be awake to see these messages and I don't knownif it's normal to get these messages daily.
New Poster

Jane the virgin

Jane the virgin aired Monday 9/14 (season 3, episode 6,chapter 50). Why can't I view it till 11/21? I just upgraded to X1 btw.

Before upgrading, I was able to watch it the next day on demand.
Service Expert
Moved:

X1 DVR has more on Demand content than "reader boxes"

Frequent Visitor

Why do pay movies show up when I search for showtime movies.

 I have a subscription to showtime, and just noticed while I was browsing through the showtime movies many of them were rent or buy there was no view for free option?   I am I seeing movies that I would have to pay for to watch on a movie network that I pay to subscribe to?

 Is there some kind of a glitch with the X1  and it showing me on demand movies instead of movies that are part of the Showtime package,  or is this just a mammogram to relieve me up more of my hard-earned money?

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: X1 On Demand

Regular Contributor

Wont allow ON DEMAND because show is scheduled for later

I was watching Season 2 of The Missing and wanted the wife to see Episode 1 and 2 to catch up with me.  All episodes are ON DEMAND right now except Episode 1 it says it is scheduled to play at 10 pm.     A few days ago I watched it ON DEMAND.    Is this an anomaly?   It is not the first showing of this episode it was released a few weeks ago at least.   I am certainly able to watch movies On Demand even if they are scheduled.   Thought I would throw this out there.  Thanks

Service Expert

Re: Wont allow ON DEMAND because show is scheduled for later


oregonducks444 wrote:

I was watching Season 2 of The Missing and wanted the wife to see Episode 1 and 2 to catch up with me.  All episodes are ON DEMAND right now except Episode 1 it says it is scheduled to play at 10 pm.     A few days ago I watched it ON DEMAND.    Is this an anomaly?   It is not the first showing of this episode it was released a few weeks ago at least.   I am certainly able to watch movies On Demand even if they are scheduled.   Thought I would throw this out there.  Thanks


I searched for the missing on my iphone's Xfinity TV app and it finds the STARZ season 1 and 2 with 8 episodes each. A voice remote search for The Missing has same results. Perhaps you have that episode recorded on your DVR and it is being offered instead of the on-demand version from STARZ?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Wont allow ON DEMAND because show is scheduled for later

Rusty thanks for reply, but no I do not have a recording on DVR.  In fact later I went to the TV APP and was able to watch it there just fine.   On my X1 it did not give me the WATCH option for that episode only.   So not sure what the deal is.    I am a subscriber to the network I think it is STARZ or it could be SHO.   Smiley Happy 

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: X1 On Demand

Post Removed from the Forums per violation of Forum Guidelines. The Guidelines can be reviewed here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

OnDemand lag with pausing, fwd and rwd

Horrible lag when pausing, fast forwarding and rewinding. I have to stop the fast forward way before I actually want it to stop.
Regular Contributor

On-Demand updates on X1

On demand doesn't seem to be updating shows like it did before I switched to the X1. Haven't seen anything new on HBO, Sho, etc.. pretty much since I switched. Also, ESPN on-demand always had a classic boxing section that had old fights like Ali, Frazier, etc... Under X1 ESPN On-demand doesn't have classic boxing. Has anybody else noticed this kind of thing?

Official Employee

Re: On-Demand updates on X1


skintime wrote:

On demand doesn't seem to be updating shows like it did before I switched to the X1. Haven't seen anything new on HBO, Sho, etc.. pretty much since I switched. Also, ESPN on-demand always had a classic boxing section that had old fights like Ali, Frazier, etc... Under X1 ESPN On-demand doesn't have classic boxing. Has anybody else noticed this kind of thing?


Are you referring to HBO, Showtime shows or movies?

 

ESPN only has one classic boxing fight On Demand. Use the Voice Commands "classic boxing". It is up to individual networks to update content.

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: On-Demand updates on X1

Was referring to the premium channel movies. Wouldn't you know classic boxing put one up yesterday right after I posted. But on the old box they usually had 5 or 6 fights up there. Under the old box TCM was putting new movies up pretty much every day. If it was on at night, the next day it would be up there. Not happening anymore

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

I am getting an error code vod-07023 when I press the xfinity button go to saved than purchases  I have contacted tech support many times for this I had a service call with a tech his name was Jeremy he was at my house on Saturday 4/29 for about an hour and a half what he did was check all my connections in my home outside my house and at the pool there was no issue he even changed my box still no fix so he begins to sit my my couch and call his superior to further troubleshooting that issue for about 45 minutes at the end of his call her comes to the conclusion that whatever is causing the issue iso not at my house or from the pool to my house so he tells me it must me will the on demand server I also was sent a self install kit with 2 new boxes this was on 5/11 I also had the same tech out 5/17 for the 2nd time  I have a total of 18 tickets for this issue so far the tickets numbers are
CR698943919
CR699772863
041771778
CR700902374
CR700865685
SI020148255
2938454
SM001525532
CR702399620
ER041771778
CR702675765
ESL02946751
CR703614077

#170511-000149

CR704871548

CR704872801
CR707867024
ESL02962797
issue started on Monday 4/24 it would be  greatly appreciated if someone could fix this ASAP it has been going on for over a month  now if you have any questions or need more information on the issue please contact me thanks sincerely kyle Puckett

tv.jpg
Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand


bob52kyle wrote:

I am getting an error code vod-07023 when I press the xfinity button go to saved than purchases  I have contacted tech support many times for this I had a service call with a tech his name was Jeremy he was at my house on Saturday 4/29 for about an hour and a half what he did was check all my connections in my home outside my house and at the pool there was no issue he even changed my box still no fix so he begins to sit my my couch and call his superior to further troubleshooting that issue for about 45 minutes at the end of his call her comes to the conclusion that whatever is causing the issue iso not at my house or from the pool to my house so he tells me it must me will the on demand server I also was sent a self install kit with 2 new boxes this was on 5/11 I also had the same tech out 5/17 for the 2nd time  I have a total of 18 tickets for this issue so far the tickets numbers are
CR698943919
CR699772863
041771778
CR700902374
CR700865685
SI020148255
2938454
SM001525532
CR702399620
ER041771778
CR702675765
ESL02946751
CR703614077

#170511-000149

CR704871548

CR704872801
CR707867024
ESL02962797
issue started on Monday 4/24 it would be  greatly appreciated if someone could fix this ASAP it has been going on for over a month  now if you have any questions or need more information on the issue please contact me thanks sincerely kyle Puckett


it is unlikely that a field tech can fix your problem. Probably easiest fix is to call into 800-Comcast, select billing, and ask the billing representative to do a deep account refresh (the rep should tell you it can take up to an hour to complete and that the set top box may reset multiple times aka reboot. If the billing rep does not know what that request is, ask for a supervisor and read this post to the supervisor if needed. Write back.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: X1 On Demand

Hello,

 

I switched to X1 from my old box last week and now Bravo regularly doesn't show up as  a channel with my On-Demand. I've tried refreshing the box without luck from the settigns menu. The channel itself works and tech support says that there shouldn't have been a change from my old box to new one with regards to onDemand as my plan didn't change. Sometimes Bravo doesn't even show up as an available channel on On-Demand - sometimes it shows up with one show and one episode available.

 

Very frustrating.

Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand


atlanta333 wrote:

Hello,

 

I switched to X1 from my old box last week and now Bravo regularly doesn't show up as  a channel with my On-Demand. I've tried refreshing the box without luck from the settigns menu. The channel itself works and tech support says that there shouldn't have been a change from my old box to new one with regards to onDemand as my plan didn't change. Sometimes Bravo doesn't even show up as an available channel on On-Demand - sometimes it shows up with one show and one episode available.

 

Very frustrating.


Is the Bravo channel an SD or HD channel?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand

adding... did you type on the X1 remote the numbers corresponding to the letters BRAVO ? you should see SD and HD under channel collection and also Bravo on-demand.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: X1 On Demand

atlanta333, on your other post, Amir refreshed your account's entitlements. Did that fix the issue? 

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

Why am I now getting this every time
Got a black screen that said : Software update in progress . Within 20 minutes, the update will complete and your device will automatically restart. Do not unplug your device during the update.
Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand


Krisj2901 wrote:
Why am I now getting this every time
Got a black screen that said : Software update in progress . Within 20 minutes, the update will complete and your device will automatically restart. Do not unplug your device during the update.

If that is coming from your X1 box, you might be able to turn it off in System-Notifications.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

I don't know how to turn that notification off. But it keeps doing it whenever I want to watch a show on demand
Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand


Krisj2901 wrote:
I don't know how to turn that notification off. But it keeps doing it whenever I want to watch a show on demand

Hmm.  Can you find Notifications here?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-text-messaging-notifications/




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

Me notifications are turned off. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

its not just a notification though. It resets the cable box. This happens everytime I go to use ondemand.

New Poster

Re: X1 On Demand

When I watch a program on On-Demand with my X1 system I can only watch about 20 minutes before the show drops off and the TV switches back to live network television. I have to navigate back through the Xfinity menu to resume the program each time. It’s very disruptive and annoying.
Service Expert

Re: X1 On Demand


Banditsgirl wrote:
When I watch a program on On-Demand with my X1 system I can only watch about 20 minutes before the show drops off and the TV switches back to live network television. I have to navigate back through the Xfinity menu to resume the program each time. It’s very disruptive and annoying.

last part first, use the "Last" button to return to previously watched programs. The stopping issue may be a problem with low signal or high noise in your signal.  Call 800-Comcast and ask the representative to run the 31 point Einstein test to help determine the problem.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: On Demand error XRE-07004

I read this was resolved nationwide, however I just started to get this message. I was even trying to resume a show I started earlier this week and received the message. This was on the cw. I also received the message on fox. Some shows work, just not anything I want to watch. How do I watch the shows i actually want to see?
Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: On Demand error XRE-07004


Bethclites87 wrote:
I read this was resolved nationwide, however I just started to get this message. I was even trying to resume a show I started earlier this week and received the message. This was on the cw. I also received the message on fox. Some shows work, just not anything I want to watch. How do I watch the shows i actually want to see?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-22-vod-07004/?ts=2




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 On Demand - Expiration dates missing?

Does anyone know why the expiration dates for the free movie section of X1 OnDemand are now missing? The info page of the title you select used to show an "end Date" but now that's gone so how would I know how much time I have to actually watch a title?

New Poster

Re: Batman v Superman error code XRE-07006

@comcast:
This error message shows up 8/10 times I try to use on demand over the last 3 weeks... What's the deal? Getting to the point I'm considering switching providers.
Service Expert

Re: Batman v Superman error code XRE-07006


JSquared516 wrote:
@comcast:
This error message shows up 8/10 times I try to use on demand over the last 3 weeks... What's the deal? Getting to the point I'm considering switching providers.

do you have more than one X1 set top box? if so, does the problem happen on the other box(es)?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: X1 On Demand Not Working

New Poster

Re: X1 On Demand

The inability to fastforward programs on demand is unacceptable. I get it I might be the only one that switches from one app to another (eg use roku app in my home gym then use on demand to finish that program after workout). However, watching 30 mins of the same progam THREE times because you can't fast forward on demand shoes is absurd. I bit the bullet and watched the same 30 mins over again because I went from roku to xfinity, but when the xfinity program froze and it didn't remember where I left off, I had to watch the same beginning of a program for a 3rd time! Please address this problem, I understand not fast fowarding through commercials to make money, but you should at the VERY least skip to certain parts of a program. Imagine if I was watching with a group of people for a party or something and the show froze 10 mins before the ending and we all had to watch the entire show again to see the last 10 mins.

Official Employee

Re: X1 On Demand

On the remote, use PG up and down to skip 30 seconds or 5 minutes (whichever you have it set for)



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon