New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 On Demand

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 451 of 732

celhgnout wrote: ... (The Incredibles) is only free if you are subcribed to a Disney package.

Specifically, "Disney Family Movies" ($6/mo) according to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Incredibles/6001651929978063112/movies#filter=vod&episode=600...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 452 of 732

BruceW wrote:

celhgnout wrote: ... (The Incredibles) is only free if you are subcribed to a Disney package.

Specifically, "Disney Family Movies" ($6/mo) according to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Incredibles/6001651929978063112/movies#filter=vod&episode=600...

that link has no price for me when I view the link. It shows disney, and it is in my package (all packages I've had for last 10-15 years.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 453 of 732

Rustyben wrote: ... that link has no price for me when I view the link. It shows disney ...

Doesn't it say "Disney Family Movies Subscribers Only" under the "Also Available Online" option?  For me, "Disney Family Movies" is an extra cost item. On the Comcast price sheet (highly recommended if you don't have one) for my area it shows up under Xfinity TV / PAY-PER-VIEW AND ON DEMAND SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES / Disney Family Movies On Demand $5.99

My subscription includes Disney Channel, but not XD, Jr., "Disney Family Movies" or any other Disney-branded channels.

The online "Play" option at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Incredibles/6001651929978063112/movies#filter=online&episode=... shows up with a gold key for me, and if I try to play it I get:

The Incredibles is only available to XFINITY customers with a subscription to Disney Family Movies

Want to subscribe to Disney Family Movies for 5.99 per month?
       -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to Watch Instantly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscriptions may take up to 24 hours to process

Amusing that Comcast's definition of "instantly" seems to be "up to 24 hours".  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 454 of 732

Rustyben wrote:

celhgnout wrote:

I did some more checking and it seems the movie I was internest in (The Incredibles) is only free if you are subcribed to a Disney package.

I think disney is in most non-basic (lowest level) packages now. Is it on a linear numbered channel? if so check your channel line up on any smart device by apple or android with the xfinity myAccount app. Under the TV tab it will list all (only) channels you have in your package.

amazing. now the app and the X1 box says the incredibles is rental only (72 hours 3.99 HD or disney family 5.99 per month. not available at all per the search on the xfinity TV app now nor on the disney network channel sections.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 455 of 732

Thanks,

Kathy

Posted by
New Poster

Message 456 of 732
Getting the same as you, Kathy! So frustrating! I'm going to try resetting.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 457 of 732

I think Comcast was having server problems (again!) last night.  I was having some problems getting into On Demand through the voice remote, but was able to get in using the menu.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 458 of 732

Did you ever get this resolved?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 459 of 732

I aslo have this error when trying t play The Force Awakens extras that were supposed to be included with the purchase. I have a trouble ticket open and yeay for me I'm about #21 in chat queue to talk to someone about it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 460 of 732

Nearly every time I go to access the X1 on demand content it doesn't work. I have to reset the X1 cable box every time. Is this what we have to look forward to with this new technology? It really stinks that Comcast can't seem to get this new system to work. Is this still in beta testing, because that's what I feel like, a guinea pig. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 461 of 732

bmersh wrote:

Nearly every time I go to access the X1 on demand content it doesn't work. I have to reset the X1 cable box every time. Is this what we have to look forward to with this new technology? It really stinks that Comcast can't seem to get this new system to work. Is this still in beta testing, because that's what I feel like, a guinea pig. 

There must be something broken with your system.  I haven't had to reset my cable box at all for on demand since I got X1 three years ago.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 462 of 732

4 days and no resolution after multiple repair actions.. Asked for a refund so I can just go buy the DVD. Nice.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 463 of 732

Frequently when I select a program on demand via my X1 box it displays in SD, not in HD. This has happened several times with "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO and just today with "The Story of God with Morgan Freeman" on National Geographic. This is very disappointing and frustrating... there is no way to select the HD version of a show on X1 like there was on my old Comcast box. HELP!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 464 of 732

spiffdrums wrote:

Frequently when I select a program on demand via my X1 box it displays in SD, not in HD. This has happened several times with "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO and just today with "The Story of God with Morgan Freeman" on National Geographic. This is very disappointing and frustrating... there is no way to select the HD version of a show on X1 like there was on my old Comcast box. HELP!!!

do you subscribe to (pay for) the HD technology fee? If yes, use remote to search (voice or typing letters) for "Real Time" and select episodes. each episode available shows HD for me. you?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 465 of 732

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I pay the HD technology fee. This problem is intermittent. When it occurred I tried using search and still got the most current episode in SD. This past week the problem did not occur and I was able to view in HD. Hopefully whatever was causing it has been corrected.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 732

Every morning when I try to watch a tv show on demand that was on the night before I get an error code 07004?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 467 of 732

pabgrams wrote:

Every morning when I try to watch a tv show on demand that was on the night before I get an error code 07004?

Here is an explanation of the error code and you may need to contact Comcast to get this resolved  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-22-vod-07004/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 468 of 732

I still can't get a certain on demand show yet.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 469 of 732

I am sick to death of the plethora of problems with OD.  Would it be worth switching to X1 and using DVR to watch

my numerous programs?  How is the reliability compared to OD?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 470 of 732

I have had very few issues with X1 on demand in the three years I have had X1.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 471 of 732

I have same issue. For CBS programs I have found that the xfinity TV app will play the ondemand while the x1 set top box gives those 70000 range errors.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 472 of 732
Is that on the DVR route are the OD available through X1.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 473 of 732

I have found that some of the networks do not show the on demand until later on the next day.  Some of the networks show them right away the next day.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 474 of 732

deke58 wrote:
Is that on the DVR route are the OD available through X1.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

X1 has on demand.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 475 of 732
It meant are you having few problems watching shows on the DVR or watching shows on the OD through the X1.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 476 of 732

deke58 wrote:
It meant are you having few problems watching shows on the DVR or watching shows on the OD through the X1.

all X1 equipment as well can access on demand as well as any recordings you make on the DVR. If you turn on the optional cloud DVR the recordings are available on any device too (apple/android/lap/desktop). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 477 of 732
Thanks I might go for X1 and not use the phone capabilities. I am thinking seriously about going all cell. Does the DVR still just record 4 programs at once? If so I will still have to use OD as I watch a lot of TV.

The OD through the X1 is still the same as OD through the STB isn't it?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 478 of 732

If you are having problems with On Demand with legacy boxes they will only get worse with X1.

X1 boxes require better signal levels than legacy boxes do.

Before you switch to X1 I STRONGLY suggest you have your signal levels checked THOROUGHLY...

deke58 wrote:
Thanks I might go for X1 and not use the phone capabilities. I am thinking seriously about going all cell. Does the DVR still just record 4 programs at once? If so I will still have to use OD as I watch a lot of TV.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 479 of 732

pabgrams -- I placed a data refresh on your account to try and clear that error. If it continue to happen, please contact us and let us know what asset you're trying to access when you see this error. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 480 of 732

Ant Man flips into Policy Academy

I'm watching Ant Man on Demand from Starz. At 44 minutes, the movie changes into Police Academy (the movie starring Steve Guttenberg). When moving forward or back in the movie, Ant Man scenes flash by not Police Academy.

How is this possible and why aren't I finding anyone else that has experienced this?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 481 of 732

deke58 wrote:

didn't see an answer to your question about tuners. With all but one version of pace you can record 6 channels at same time or 5 if you are watching a live channel.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 482 of 732

Hello TuffOne,

Your entertainment experience is very important to us. Upon review of your account I see that our Advanced Support Team is currently looking into this matter for you. A representative from that department will contact you within the next 72 hours. If you have any further questions  or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 483 of 732

when I go to watch several shows on demand I get xre-07004 error message and it says"this program is not available to watch at the moment.  Please try again in a few minutes."  How do I fix this.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 484 of 732
I just "upgraded" last week to the X1 system. I used to be able to watch all my favorite shows the next day on demand. Now I can't access any of them for about a week if not longer after it airs!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 485 of 732

MissDawn1 wrote:
I just "upgraded" last week to the X1 system. I used to be able to watch all my favorite shows the next day on demand. Now I can't access any of them for about a week if not longer after it airs!

generally the provider decides if, when, and for how long an on-demand episode is available. If you go to a desk/laptop computer or using an apple/android smart device with the xfinity TV app you can sometimes find that the episode is available early the next day (if missing from the x1 menu system). You might even have the episode on the X1 list but it won't play on the X1 but the app plays it just fine. Known issues that they say they are working on. 

I had same problem with last night's Person of Interest that was pre-empted by tornado weather coverage. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 486 of 732

Takeoffeh84,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 487 of 732

I remember reading a flyer in the fall that X1 has "the top 100 shows available On Demand the next day".  Who decides what the top 100 shows are I have no idea, but it seems like all the prime time network shows are available the next day, barring a system glitch.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 488 of 732

Hi Takeoffeh84 -- I can help with that issue. I will need your account information in order to do so. Can you send that to me in a Private Message please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 489 of 732
I could always watch all of them the next day! Still waiting 6 days for another show I could watch the next day before I "upgraded"!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 490 of 732
I've been trying to watch on demand and keep getting this error message. For the last 24 hours. How do I fix?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 491 of 732

Is it happening with every title you choose or just a specific one.  If it's every title, contact customer service and tell them that you entitlements may need to be reset.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 492 of 732

good news for 2016-2017 series, the networks have pretty much demanded and received episode stacking rights that replace the recent one of 'last 5 rolling'. This means the current season will be under control of the networks not the producer of the content.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor
Contributor

Message 493 of 732

Why is the current day's show not available?  I have to wait until the next day to view it On Demand. 

Why does the choice  <Free HD> popl up first and then it says I have to call to change my account?  Then it lock up and I have to exit out completely from On Demand because the same messge keeps popping up. 

If it is not free, don't put it up on the screen!  It just creates another step in this quagmire called Xfinity 1.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 494 of 732

ks2 wrote:

Why is the current day's show not available?  I have to wait until the next day to view it On Demand. 

Why does the choice  <Free HD> popl up first and then it says I have to call to change my account?  Then it lock up and I have to exit out completely from On Demand because the same messge keeps popping up. 

If it is not free, don't put it up on the screen!  It just creates another step in this quagmire called Xfinity 1.

the content providers (networks) set the available episodes availability, not comcast. Comcast has to honor embargo dates/times and remove them as per their contracts.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 495 of 732

Supernatural Season 11 Finale (Ep. 23) is only showing in HD on the XFINITY on-demand?? 

Supernatural Season 11 finale shows on my new Xfinity box, but when I hit watch, it says that I have to upgrade to Xfinity HD!!! The tech support morons have no clue why, and they just tell me to pay the extra to get HD. 

All the previous episodes are available on SD and HD. It is only the season finale that will not boot up on SD. Does anyone know why??

I am really disappointed in the service, and what Xfinity provides. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 496 of 732

spider63 wrote:

Supernatural Season 11 Finale (Ep. 23) is only showing in HD on the XFINITY on-demand?? 

Supernatural Season 11 finale shows on my new Xfinity box, but when I hit watch, it says that I have to upgrade to Xfinity HD!!! The tech support morons have no clue why, and they just tell me to pay the extra to get HD. 

All the previous episodes are available on SD and HD. It is only the season finale that will not boot up on SD. Does anyone know why??

I am really disappointed in the service, and what Xfinity provides. 

I do not see any SD version on X1 equipment menu when I do a seach all are in HD. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 497 of 732

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines ( Circumvention of Language Filters ). Guidelines can be reviewed here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Posted by
New Poster

Message 498 of 732

I have been recording The Strain for the whole season to watch all at once. You will only let me have access to 6 episodes and the next is 11. Where is the missing ones that you won't let me see them. Is it because you want to make me buy the rest in order to finish the season. What gives?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 499 of 732

Grig wrote:

I have been recording The Strain for the whole season to watch all at once. You will only let me have access to 6 episodes and the next is 11. Where is the missing ones that you won't let me see them. Is it because you want to make me buy the rest in order to finish the season. What gives?

the strain starts aug 28, 2016 for seas 3 ep 1

the provider (studio/network/etc) determine via contract what is offered in on-demand. the current year generally is none or a last 5 rolling episode stack. Stacking is an up-front issue for networks this year and part of the negotiations has been for the studio to sell full-season stacking rights to the network that provides the prgramming to comcast for this coming broadcast year so more episodes from more networks will be available it seems from on-demand.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 500 of 732

I have just spent 30+ minutes trying to access the help chat, but your website errors our on me. Fitting.

For many months we have had unwatchable on-demand products. All shows and movies scramble, freeze, jump, etc... With two young kids in the house, this is not good news. We are paying for services we are not able to use. Have gone through all the troubleyshooting lessons many times. Reset and unplugged all equipment over and over and over with no result. Last week we were told our case was being escalated--twice, but we have never been contacted with a solution. Do we need new equipment and cable all the way from the junction box to our TV? Please send someone to help. Not good.

Can you please just get a tech out to put an end to this?