Highlighted
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-19-2017 02:24 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 2 (126 Views)

X1 Guide questions (2)

[ Edited ]

1.  I've read under Tips/Tricks that I can change the background color in the Guide by going to Xfinity/ Settings,/ Preferences / General / Background Level and press the down arrow key.  I can change the level using the right and left keys, but nothing happens when I press the down arrow key.  Tried page-down key also with no affect.  Is this something that works only for a different type of remote (we have newer XR5v3 or 4), or am I just not understanding the instructions?

2.  We just converted from pre-X1 to X1.  The old pre-X1 guide had a medium blue background with the individual program lines showing different colors for regular programming, movies, sports and kids shows.  That was quite handy.  Now it appears I need to set a filter each time I want to see those options.  It would be nice to just be able to see the program type while browsing "all programs" in the guide.  Any way of doing that?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2 (116 Views)

Re: X1 Guide questions (2)

KomcastKen wrote:

1.  I've read under Tips/Tricks that I can change the background color in the Guide by going to Xfinity/ Settings,/ Preferences / General / Background Level and press the down arrow key.  I can change the level using the right and left keys, but nothing happens when I press the down arrow key.  Tried page-down key also with no affect.  Is this something that works only for a different type of remote, or am I just not understanding the instructions?

2.  We just converted from pre-X1 to X1.  The old pre-X1 guide had a medium blue background with the individual program lines showing different colors for regular programming, movies, sports and kids shows.  That was quite handy.  Now it appears I need to set a filter each time I want to see those options.  It would be nice to just be able to see the program type while browsing "all programs" in the guide.  Any way of doing that?

Thanks!

1. There used to be a way but it was removed a long time ago. I couldn't find anything in the tips referring to it. Can you provide where you saw it?

2. If you press guide 2x you can narrow down what you see but there's presently no color coding in the guide.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon