X1 DVR

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 201 of 1,092

that link says the same thing  reboot  the DVR  and that does nothing

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 202 of 1,092

I'm getting exactly the same problem ( with the same error message) with my X1 box here in Oregon....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 203 of 1,092
DVR has been acting sluggish all day! Rebooted multiple times today without much luck! Now since about 8pm we've been getting the error message that won't let us delete DVR programs! So frustrated!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 204 of 1,092

POSTED LAST NIGHT by ComcastTed:

X1 Interruption 11/5/2014 [ New ]
Options
‎11-05-2014 08:35 PM - edited ‎11-05-2014 11:16 PM

We are currently experiencing an interruption with X1 service and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

We know our customers value their TV experience and our engineers are working diligently to restore service as quickly as possible. It is not necessary to call us to report this problem.

For most customers, the box should self-correct and service should be restored. Otherwise, you can resolve the issue by performing a simple reconnect (push the power button on the front of the box, wait for two seconds, and push it again) and then press the Xfinity Button.

A live chat representative is standing by to provide assistance at the link below.

Thank you for your patience.

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 205 of 1,092

I am patiently awaiting a tech visit (after 3 days) to install one more converter and take this blasted nightmare box with him (currently using converter from living room AGAIN!, w/o problems)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 206 of 1,092

BTW, your suggestion resulted in NO CHANGE!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 207 of 1,092

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 208 of 1,092

I switched to X1 on October 24th and boy do i regret it. My dvr AND hd boxes freeze over and over every day. I'm really dissapointed with the service. I think I'm going to swith back to the regular DVR box because this is ridiculous.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 209 of 1,092

Regarding the ComcastLarry post - 

Larry:  How will you know which customers to "reach out" to?  I tried to contact Comcast Support repeatedly via phone and chat and was unable to get through.  

I am posting this reply on this thread because I could not reply to your post/topic.

Comcast Announcement[ New ]

We know some of our customers may have missed their favorite shows off and on over the past few days and were unable to easily reach our customer care representatives for assistance and we’re really sorry. In the process of upgrading the platform with new services and features, a technical issue arose that caused problems for our customers. We’ve identified the cause and our engineers are working to fully restore our services. Additionally, we will be reaching out to impacted customers to ensure their service issues have been resolved and they are satisfied with their service.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 210 of 1,092

ComcastLarry:

Nice to know that Comcast is "really sorry".  What type of refund can we expect from this series of outages and other issues??

Comcast Announcement[ New ]

We know some of our customers may have missed their favorite shows off and on over the past few days and were unable to easily reach our customer care representatives for assistance and we’re really sorry. In the process of upgrading the platform with new services and features, a technical issue arose that caused problems for our customers. We’ve identified the cause and our engineers are working to fully restore our services. Additionally, we will be reaching out to impacted customers to ensure their service issues have been resolved and they are satisfied with their service.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Posted by
Visitor

Message 211 of 1,092

This is exactly the same problem I am having right now.  My X1 DVR shows all scheduled recordings and the guide reflects that the shows are being recorded.  But during the recordings and after, they are not in the saved section of the DVR.  When going to https://xtv.comcast.net and looking at saved recordings, they show up.  I am surprised that you haven't gotten a response.  This issue comes after 5 days of not being able to access the ondemand feature.  We are a new installation and things have yet to run smooth.  Please offer a solution soon.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 212 of 1,092

juan07 wrote:

This is exactly the same problem I am having right now.  My X1 DVR shows all scheduled recordings and the guide reflects that the shows are being recorded.  But during the recordings and after, they are not in the saved section of the DVR.  When going to https://xtv.comcast.net and looking at saved recordings, they show up.  I am surprised that you haven't gotten a response.  This issue comes after 5 days of not being able to access the ondemand feature.  We are a new installation and things have yet to run smooth.  Please offer a solution soon.

If you can see the recording from the on-line guide they are there. rebooting the box usually fixes the listing and makes them show up again... good luck!

He probably didn't get a response sooner because there was a national outage this week and the forum was flooded with new topics, it was probably burried in the madness!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 213 of 1,092

I hope as a newbie to this forum  am not asking something stupid..

Does the new X1 System allow for setting reminders (NOT Favorites) like the old system where you could set the reminder right on the show/channel you were interested in watching later?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 214 of 1,092

sidglimmer wrote:

Does the new X1 System allow for setting reminders (NOT Favorites) like the old system where you could set the reminder right on the show/channel you were interested in watching later?

no. however with extra tuners just record it and decide later whether to watch or record.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 215 of 1,092

No reminder feature but there is a perfectly good work around. Your X1 DVR has four tuners available for recording. Any show that you feel you need to be reminded to watch... instead of setting a reminder set it to record. It takes roughly the same amount of steps to set a recording and if you record it you can watch the show on your schedule and skip commercials.

Comcast has hinted they are working on a reminder system for X1 but it sounds like it is a long ways away so I would suggest you take a minute to learn how to work around it...

sidglimmer wrote:

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 216 of 1,092

Absolutely ridiculous.  3 days again now with X1 issues in Miami FL.  And when you call customer service they disconnect you.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 217 of 1,092

RickGr4 wrote:

No reminder feature but there is a perfectly good work around. Your X1 DVR has four tuners available for recording. Any show that you feel you need to be reminded to watch... instead of setting a reminder set it to record. It takes roughly the same amount of steps to set a recording and if you record it you can watch the show on your schedule and skip commercials.

Comcast has hinted they are working on a reminder system for X1 but it sounds like it is a long ways away so I would suggest you take a minute to learn how to work around it...

sidglimmer wrote:

(Rick suggested recording the show as a solution)

Yes Rick, good suggestion. I do it all the time. That is, when the POS X1 system will let me do a recording. I will remind everyone that I predicted these issues back in April this year when I first got X1. Almost every issue with X1 is related to the need for the software to constantly communicate with the Comcast servers. This can only get worse as more and more X1 boxes are deployed. Several times my team spent over a year developing software only to have changes in Government regulations force us to either scrap the project or start all over. I can't help but wonder who is in charge of the X1 fiasco. As John Goodman said in "King Ralph" time to fess up.

I wish Comcast was levied with a big fine when they lose everything including phone service. This puts the public at risk if they don't have a cell phone. Your house catches on fire and you have to run to the neighbors to call the fire department ?  Yeah, Right.

Get Xfinity home installed ?

"Sorry your Xfinity home protection service was down while your house was being robbed."

Meanwhile back at Comcast weekend phone support a nice Indian or Pakistani you got through to after 1/2 hr of trying is helping you with your Comcast X1 problems you know ! NOT !

Now maybe some of you understand how my fellow Viet Nam vets and I feel when dealing with a large faceless entity like the VA heathcare system.

Anyway I formally salute all the Veterans who served our country and wish them the best life has to offer. When I look at X1 problems with  this perspective it's hardly a blip on the radar.

One Final thought. There is no law in the arena .Many are killed.

(Ben Hur).

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 218 of 1,092

Thanks to all that replied.  How do I access the other tuners and how do I switch between them?

I REALLY liked the reminder function on the old platform and can't understand how or why they would not include it in the X1 platform!  I appreciate the work arounds but paying $200.00 a month for my package makes me nuts when I find that I need to perform a work around that I will have to remember to check to act as my reminder...

For the amount of money they are charging for the X1 service I'm sure they could easily develope a patch to fix this much missed function.

I worked for Lockheed Martin for 30 years on Naval Weapon System Software.  We rarely took functionality out of outr programs but if we did and the Navy customer missed it there would be a patch rushed through the cycle ASAP...!!

Is there a formal way to request an S.C.?

Thank you! 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 219 of 1,092

Like I said earlier in this thread, Comcast has said they are working on a reminder feature for X1 but they provided no ETA. Unless some from Comcast wishes to jump in here, you are going to need to accept that as the best info available.

sidglimmer wrote:

Thanks to all that replied.  How do I access the other tuners and how do I switch between them?

I REALLY liked the reminder function on the old platform and can't understand how or why they would not include it in the X1 platform!  I appreciate the work arounds but paying $200.00 a month for my package makes me nuts when I find that I need to perform a work around that I will have to remember to check to act as my reminder...

For the amount of money they are charging for the X1 service I'm sure they could easily develope a patch to fix this much missed function.

I worked for Lockheed Martin for 30 years on Naval Weapon System Software.  We rarely took functionality out of outr programs but if we did and the Navy customer missed it there would be a patch rushed through the cycle ASAP...!!

Is there a formal way to request an S.C.?

Thank you! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 220 of 1,092

Again thank you for responding but again for me at $200.00 a month I believe a priority should be identified to this issue.

What can we as customers do to request a Software Specification Change Request.....?? 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 221 of 1,092

You are a newbie here. The lack of a reminder feature has been well discussed in this forum over the past year. There is no need to make any "requests" nor does Comcast have a process in place for customers to do it. Also, I have been told Comcast IS ALREADY WORKING on the reminder feature. They are extremely aware and have been aware for a year or more.

sidglimmer wrote:

Again thank you for responding but again for me at $200.00 a month I believe a priority should be identified to this issue.

What can we as customers do to request a Software Specification Change Request.....?? 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 222 of 1,092

If you are planning on watching more live TV than recorded TV than I would back to the old DVR!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 223 of 1,092

RickGr4 wrote:

You are a newbie here. The lack of a reminder feature has been well discussed in this forum over the past year. There is no need to make any "requests" nor does Comcast have a process in place for customers to do it. Also, I have been told Comcast IS ALREADY WORKING on the reminder feature. They are extremely aware and have been aware for a year or more.

sidglimmer wrote:

I mean this in the most friendly way, but why all the requests for what is actually a calendar function that a paper calendar or smart phone can provide easily. The Reminder Feature was ONLY for those cable boxes that didn't actually have a DVR the red circle with white R 'replaced' the red circle record icon since without a hard drive it was impossible to record. I don't know, maybe I'm just remembering 'wrong' or something. 

The X1 allows you to set a show/actor/etc as a favorite and see any show/movie etc in a favorite list whenever matched.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 224 of 1,092

Rustyben wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

sidglimmer wrote:

I mean this in the most friendly way, but why all the requests for what is actually a calendar function that a paper calendar or smart phone can provide easily. The Reminder Feature was ONLY for those cable boxes that didn't actually have a DVR the red circle with white R 'replaced' the red circle record icon since without a hard drive it was impossible to record. I don't know, maybe I'm just remembering 'wrong' or something. 

The X1 allows you to set a show/actor/etc as a favorite and see any show/movie etc in a favorite list whenever matched.

EXACTLY....  'nuff said !!!!!

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 225 of 1,092

I asked twice in a nice way how to do the things reccommended as a work around and I got more excuses as to why the funtionality no longer exsists, a new reccommendation for me to go back to an old DVR alomg with a real friendly  "nuff said",

WTH, did I strike a nerve.......??

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 226 of 1,092

It's because you didn't either listen to or process the clear and honest answers you received.

Also, if you had taken a just one spare moment to search "reminder" in this forum you would have had your questions and concerns answered many times over.

Please understand this forum is undisciplined and nearly out of control. The veteran members of this forum are hobbyists that are here to help people. We are not Comcast employees. Duplicate and repeat threads dilute and degrade this forum.

Everyone wants to think there issues are unique to them and they want them solved right away. The reality is that at least 95% of the issues newly posted in this forum have been discussed and answered countless times before and a simple search would reveal that...

sidglimmer wrote:

I asked twice in a nice way how to do the things reccommended as a work around and I got more excuses as to why the funtionality no longer exsists, a new reccommendation for me to go back to an old DVR alomg with a real friendly  "nuff said",

WTH, did I strike a nerve.......??

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 227 of 1,092

Rick4gr,

Thanks for this:

"No reminder feature but there is a perfectly good work around. Your X1 DVR has four tuners available for recording. Any show that you feel you need to be reminded to watch... instead of setting a reminder set it to record. It takes roughly the same amount of steps to set a recording and if you record it you can watch the show on your schedule and skip commercials."

Can you or anyone else please tell me how to access the other tuners and any steps that would be helpful in accomplishing this work around.

Thank yoiu!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 228 of 1,092

sidglimmer wrote:

Rick4gr,

Thanks for this:

"No reminder feature but there is a perfectly good work around. Your X1 DVR has four tuners available for recording. Any show that you feel you need to be reminded to watch... instead of setting a reminder set it to record. It takes roughly the same amount of steps to set a recording and if you record it you can watch the show on your schedule and skip commercials."

Can you or anyone else please tell me how to access the other tuners and any steps that would be helpful in accomplishing this work around.

Thank yoiu!

you just set a recording from the guide (one off or series, your choice). done

If you have a smart phone use 'reminder' to set a reminder, works daily weekly with repeats.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 229 of 1,092

R U guys messing with me?

I keep asking about the 4 tuners and how to get to them and use them but nobody seems to want to answer?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 230 of 1,092

sidglimmer wrote:

I keep asking about the 4 tuners and how to get to them and use them but nobody seems to want to answer?

I think I can help! If you are speaking of swap than there is no such feature. if you hit last it will show all the channels you have used recent, but it will NOT keep each tuner in a buffer. It only uses one single tuner for live tv!!! My four tuner tivo has the swap, but I don't use it...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 231 of 1,092

sidglimmer wrote:

The is no direct access to the tuners that I know of, but the system will allow you to do multiple recording at the same time. This is how you "Access" the tuners. For example, record 3 shows at once while watching a 4th.

In the old system if you had two recordings scheduled for say 2:00 and were watching a third show, the system would give you a message just before the recordings started asking you if you wanted to continue watching the channel you are on by canceling a recording, or switch to watching one of your recordings.

This new system works the same way but you have more simultaneous recordings available before you are forced to make a choice of what you want to do. I hope this helps you.

It occurs to me that Comcast could take advantage of a Picture in Picture function not unlike pressing the blue button when the guide is up. The old remotes even had a PIP button but it never worked. With all these tuners maybe some day they will provide a real PIP function. It would allow you to keep tabs on a football game while watching a movie because your team is being pounded into the ground like a tent stake. Smiley Happy

BJ

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 232 of 1,092
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 233 of 1,092

My situation. We had 28 series set up to record. We had a bunch of pre-existing recordings already on the DVR of shows that we haven't gotten to watch yet. The other morning we awoke to see that of 28 series set to record, the number dwindled to 19, and ALL of our recordings were gone - not even in the "Recently Deleted" section. I have unplugged all the boxes as others have, I have rebooted the boxes etc etc - still nothing - now I found that of the 19 series set to record, it's now down to 17, and this morning down to 16.

A friend of mine that works for Xfinity as a sub-contractor told me that after updates the recordings should resurface - but they never did. 

Whats the EXPLAINED issue from Comcast, not similar issues, and not steps to be done that have already been done?

I am sure Comcast has an explanation for this - so what is it, without the answer of  "It has to be a consumer issue"? And an answer by any representative that is "I don't know" is unaccpetable - then find out the best answer from your engineers. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 234 of 1,092

hwy505id wrote:

My situation. We had 28 series set up to record. We had a bunch of pre-existing recordings already on the DVR of shows that we haven't gotten to watch yet. The other morning we awoke to see that of 28 series set to record, the number dwindled to 19, and ALL of our recordings were gone - not even in the "Recently Deleted" section. I have unplugged all the boxes as others have, I have rebooted the boxes etc etc - still nothing - now I found that of the 19 series set to record, it's now down to 17, and this morning down to 16.

A friend of mine that works for Xfinity as a sub-contractor told me that after updates the recordings should resurface - but they never did. 

Whats the EXPLAINED issue from Comcast, not similar issues, and not steps to be done that have already been done?

I am sure Comcast has an explanation for this - so what is it, without the answer of  "It has to be a consumer issue"? And an answer by any representative that is "I don't know" is unaccpetable - then find out the best answer from your engineers. 

So you are saying that ALL of the ALREADY recorded shows are wipe out of the system or are there still some left? Also when you look at the things that are set to record you are doing this on the box itself? Infact is everything that you are seeing on the box or the online DVR manager?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 235 of 1,092

My DVR records, but unless I restart the box every time I want to watch a recorded show, the DVR does not work. I can't remember how many times I have called customer service about this. The box has been changed 3 times. I am so frustated. Help!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 236 of 1,092

shortridge1977 wrote:

My DVR records, but unless I restart the box every time I want to watch a recorded show, the DVR does not work. I can't remember how many times I have called customer service about this. The box has been changed 3 times. I am so frustated. Help!!

did you call the dedicated x1 support center at 877-896-8678 ? what did they determine? The signal power levels have to be goldilocks-like nearly perfect for x1 to work. Many threads here about letting comcast remote test your signal levels and a truck roll to fix them which then fixes the problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 237 of 1,092

WE SHOULD BAN TOGETHER AND GO AFTER COMCAST I AM TIRED OF THIS ALWAYS HAVE TO REBOOT

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 238 of 1,092

kunrat13 wrote:

WE SHOULD BAN TOGETHER AND GO AFTER COMCAST I AM TIRED OF THIS ALWAYS HAVE TO REBOOT

did you call the 24/7 support number 877-896-8678 ?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 239 of 1,092

shortridge1977 wrote:

I can't pull any MoCA diagnostics from your terminal box. Could you try to access this on your end?

Hold exit for 5 seconds, hit the down arrow twice, then 2.  Find the MoCA section and read off the numbers if you can.

The MoCA PHY rates control the Whole-Home DVR system.  They need to be in the 250 range for Whole Home to work OK.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 240 of 1,092
I have multiple DVRs in my home. One dvr is connected to one companion box and the other dvr should be connected to another companion box. We have had some issues and after some length of time things appear to be fixed with the exception of the one companion box. At first it was communicating with the wrong dvr. Now it is not showing any recordings at all. I know you can change the default or primary dvr that the box communicates with but when I go to settings all it is giving me is the option to change the device name of the companion box. Can anyone tell me where to go and how to change this setting. I am pretty sure it got the primary dvr off from the one it should be networked to during all the solutions to the problems. The companion box is a PR150BMN. Thanks.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 241 of 1,092
They made some recent changes with the way the DVRs function now. Remove any moca filters you have between the DVRs , and will work as one shared system. There is no longer a way to make a independent x1 DVR . the server will now choose for you as to which DVR your content is recorded from, no matter what DVR you set it from...
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 242 of 1,092
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 243 of 1,092

ComcastBrandon wrote:

shortridge1977 wrote:

I can't pull any MoCA diagnostics from your terminal box. Could you try to access this on your end?

Hold exit for 5 seconds, hit the down arrow twice, then 2.  Find the MoCA section and read off the numbers if you can.

The MoCA PHY rates control the Whole-Home DVR system.  They need to be in the 250 range for Whole Home to work OK.

brandon I forgot to tell you results of home visit. The comcast employee spent about an hour and a half doing checks checking the 0 insertion splitter in attic etc but said it is all 'golden' with the MoCA rates 229 to 235 that i have on all the rates. he said the Red SNR (db) of 38.2 is 'green and good' on his phone size diagnostic (not sure if it was an app or ?).He also (wrongly) said that when the service is down that I could still watch the DVR i invited him to test that by removing the cable connection, he did, and sincerely was surprised he could not get even a menu. Did I get a really nice loser tech? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 244 of 1,092

LOL!  "Real nice loser tech".  Sounds about right to me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 245 of 1,092

Rebooting the box does ABSOLUTELY nothing at all -- nothing -- as I clearly noted in the question.  Come on -- if all you have for someone is on these forums is the laughable "reboot your box" please stop yourself -- please save your and everyone else's time by NOT making a suggestion that anyone posting here would already have tried...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 246 of 1,092

cmarty1 wrote:

Rebooting the box does ABSOLUTELY nothing at all -- nothing -- as I clearly noted in the question.  Come on -- if all you have for someone is on these forums is the laughable "reboot your box" please stop yourself -- please save your and everyone else's time by NOT making a suggestion that anyone posting here would already have tried...

if you post the date and time of the missing programs perhaps one of the comcast employees with access to logs can tell you why (error msg) they didn't record on local dvr. I'm guessing you checked deleted programs to see if someone else accidently deleted them from the dvr. Glad you had them on the cloud. Wish i had cloud services.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 247 of 1,092

cmarty1 wrote:

Sorry you feel that way... too bad though since I know the solution to the problem in your other topic but I won't bother myself to help you again!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 248 of 1,092
I have nothing but issues with my dvr since the upgrade. Every program has serious digital dropouts of video and audio. pixelization is an issue too it's almost unwatchable and very irritating. Live tv works great. DVR not so much. I'm paying almost $300 a month for this? No issues before X1.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 249 of 1,092

Twenty stinkin' dollars.  I sent my X1 back!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 250 of 1,092

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastBrandon wrote:

shortridge1977 wrote:

brandon I forgot to tell you results of home visit. The comcast employee spent about an hour and a half doing checks checking the 0 insertion splitter in attic etc but said it is all 'golden' with the MoCA rates 229 to 235 that i have on all the rates. he said the Red SNR (db) of 38.2 is 'green and good' on his phone size diagnostic (not sure if it was an app or ?).He also (wrongly) said that when the service is down that I could still watch the DVR i invited him to test that by removing the cable connection, he did, and sincerely was surprised he could not get even a menu. Did I get a really nice loser tech? 

RustyBen, I almost didn't see this message.  Hit me up more directly next time!

Golden MoCA levels at 229, hmm alright.  SNR above 35 is good, so the 38 is in the green and good.  I just checked your MoCA, now the lowest is 230.  Guess one connection got 1/16th tighter

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.