New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 DVR

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

Re: Technical details of X1 Cloud DVR?

http://qz.com/273587/the-cloud-dvr-is-going-mainstream-before-anyone-knows-if-its-legal/ I have seen articles in both directions and Comcast employees saying both. Here is a link that supports your view, the question you have to ask is this gospel?
Contributor

Re: Multiple X1 DVR boxes

RobertWy wrote:

In Houston, I was told by a Comcast (not contract) insstaller at my house, that they allowed multiple DVR's when I got mine in June of 2013.  He said they no longer allow multiple DVR's in Houston.

Go figure.

And as gotpizza says, keep trying and maybe you can get an exception (including the correct rate/billing codes).

RobertWy do you have two X1 DVR's in your house?

Problem Solver

I have two DVRs because companion boxes are junk...and not Worth the metal they are made from......
Gold Problem Solver

My vision and my goals for a "Companion" box is that it should be a "mirror image" of the DVR. If that is truly the goal, the current X1 Companion boxes are a DREADFUL failure. Surround sound problems. Audio sync problems. No PAUSE/FF/REW of live TV. Sluggish and slow. No internet apps.

I was patient with Comcast and the Companion boxes for almost one year. However a few months ago after the audio sync problems got worse and then I heard the new Xi3 boxes were going to be further delayed, I contacted Comcast and complained that the Companion boxes were horrible, Comcast has had over a year to fix them and I saw no improvement in sight. That is when they agreed to replace my Companion boxes with DVRs.

Now that I have had three X1 DVRs in my house, I can assure anyone and everyone that this is the best way to enjoy X1. It's too bad multiple DVRs still aren't available to everyone.

POinKaty wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

In Houston, I was told by a Comcast (not contract) insstaller at my house, that they allowed multiple DVR's when I got mine in June of 2013.  He said they no longer allow multiple DVR's in Houston.

Go figure.

And as gotpizza says, keep trying and maybe you can get an exception (including the correct rate/billing codes).

Service Expert

POinKaty wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Go figure.

I have two Pace greenie DVR's, two RNG150 companions, one HD DTA, and one SD DTA. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks Robert, I live in Katy and I also have two X1 DVR's and two companion boxes. I was told a few months after I received the second X1 DVR that I wasn't supposed to have two X1 DVR's and that they would not work right together.

Contributor

I've learned to think of Comcast support as a sort of Magic 8-ball.  If you don't like the answer you get, shake it and try again.

I don't know what Comcast spends it's money on beyond advertising, but it appears that neither customer support training nor consistent back end system data are priorities.

Problem Solver

CraigRode wrote:

I've learned to think of Comcast support as a sort of Magic 8-ball.  If you don't like the answer you get, shake it and try again.

I don't know what Comcast spends it's money on beyond advertising, but it appears that neither customer support training nor consistent back end system data are priorities.

When I went to the service center to exchange some equipment they gave me a fancy red Comcast bag.... Would be really cool if they took that money and hire some software engineers..

Contributor

I still have the 2nd DVR since they shipped it to me, instead of sending a tech out. I am going to keep it until I have gotten someone to add it to my account or I have exausted all resources and given up. I have to think there is someone in the company that can actually get this done.

Gold Problem Solver

I am sure there is but I think it will happen MUCH faster if you have a pair of Comcast eyes on sight... It's not the way I would go about it... Besides unless you complain you are paying for the second DVR...

theaircobra wrote:

I still have the 2nd DVR since they shipped it to me, instead of sending a tech out. I am going to keep it until I have gotten someone to add it to my account or I have exausted all resources and given up. I have to think there is someone in the company that can actually get this done.

Contributor

Fortunately when the person I talked to placed the order, they placed it as a replacement and not an additional box. So I shouldn't be charged extra until it actually gets added to my account properly.

Contributor

Small update. I just got off the phone with someone from Corporate (thanks to ComcastTeds for contacting the X1 California team). He said someone did something yesterday and added the 2nd DVR to my account. Hooked it up and was able to get through the setup. Unfortunately it is only acting as a hub right now (I can only view recordings from the main DVR but cannot record to the 2nd one. I can pause live TV though). I assume there is something that needs to be done by a tech to get it working properly. But it is a step in the right direction at least.

Gold Problem Solver

Check the room names on each box. Compare that to what you see on the online DVR Manager. Make sure everything matches. Set each DVR to be it's own recording default.

theaircobra wrote:

Small update. I just got off the phone with someone from Corporate (thanks to ComcastTeds for contacting the X1 California team). He said someone did something yesterday and added the 2nd DVR to my account. Hooked it up and was able to get through the setup. Unfortunately it is only acting as a hub right now (I can only view recordings from the main DVR but cannot record to the 2nd one. I can pause live TV though). I assume there is something that needs to be done by a tech to get it working properly. But it is a step in the right direction at least.

Contributor

It seems to be working now as I have separate scheduled recordings listed. Is there a way to separate each DVRs recordings or is it a universal list like it is when you have a single DVR and companion boxes?

Bronze Problem Solver

theaircobra wrote:

It seems to be working now as I have separate scheduled recordings listed. Is there a way to separate each DVRs recordings or is it a universal list like it is when you have a single DVR and companion boxes?

The recordings list and the deleted lists are universal - the scheduled list is unique to the individual DVR.  The guide shows all scheduled recordings - regardless which DVR will be doing the recording.

Problem Solver

theaircobra wrote:

soon it will allow you to set everything from one box. for now you will have to set from each box or use the online guide and pick which dvr for each recording.

So it has been proven You can a have a second dvr west of the Rockies!

Contributor

Re: Technical details of X1 Cloud DVR?

That was the article where Comast specifically stated it was one recording per user. It's also the way copyright works. However, based on that article, I thought that Cloud DVR was full RS-DVR, as they are making it sound like it is, even though apparently it's not, it's just a "ghost" of your DVR content in the "Cloud". Of course this then begs the quetsion of what they were doing to their network in Chicago to somehow support the "Cloud DVR". If "Cloud DVR" is just a "ghost" of your local DVR, it shouldn't require any changes or inceases in capacity to the physical plant infrastructure...

Service Expert

PROOF that DVR's are not as SMART as we are being led to believe....

There have been many posts concerning the Timing of the nightly REBOOT of the DVRs....  From gleaming through all of the posts, it is by market, not a set time, the times do vary, and the DVR "should" ask you if you would like to delay the restart if you are an insomniac who can't sleep and use your high priced Comcast service as your best friend on those nights...

Last night, I had some medical issues and was confined to bed.  Upon weaking at 11:36pm, I could not for the life of me fall back asleep due to some complications.  So, I turned on my STB, scrolled through the GUIDE, found Zero worth watching live and resorted to watching a few of my favorite movies recorded on the DVR...

Lo & Behold, at 2:19 AM, I get a dreaded ERROR Message that PLAYBACK is no longer available....  Quickly access the RECORDINGS and fine NONE available....  so already KNOWING what was going on, I dragged my non-functioining LEFT LEG out into the living room and confirmed that the DVR was doing its nightly UPDATE/REBOOT....

SUGGESTION:  If Comcast is going to continue to keep TRUMPETING the benefits of the X1 AnyRoom platform, then for EVERYONE's sake, MAKE THE DVR SEE THE STB PLAYING FROM IT the SAME as if the DVR were being watched DIRECTLY.....

The same message the POPS-UP when I am watching the local morning news ( I am an especially early-riser ) to DELAY or CONTINUE with the nightly reboot on my LIVING ROOM DVR, NEEDS TO ALSO SHOW ON THE STBs WHEN THEY ARE VIEWING DVR RECOZRDED SHOWS!!!!

Sorry for the long agonizing post, but this just really felt like a slap in the face, on top of an alrerady bad day/night...   this IS NOT enjoyment of my television watching experience....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Problem Solver

Re: PROOF that DVR's are not as SMART as we are being led to believe....

Dish network has this feature baked right in. Also they allow you to change what time box reboots......

It is time to make the companions boxes full clients !!!!!!

Service Expert

Re: PROOF that DVR's are not as SMART as we are being led to believe....

gotpizza wrote:

Dish network has this feature baked right in. Also they allow you to change what time box reboots......

It is time to make the companions boxes full clients !!!!!!

I know.... I know.... I know.....

Still    : (  about it....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Problem Solver

Re: I want to go back to DirecTV

Agreed, please use the search feature before starting a new thread (especially if the requested topic has info on the forums)

But please don't hesitate to start your own thread.  If you do, please choose a better title than this one.

The moderators ask the title of the thread reflect the issue the user is having. 

Thread is closing.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 DVR

What is the problem???  Will it ever be back???  It is absolutely ridiculous that at least 6 weeks into football season there is no RE-introduction to slow motion.  Slow motion for sports is one of the major reasons that I got X1.  There are many many many complaints on this forum regarding the elimination of a feature we once had.  What is the real story???

Frequent Visitor

CBS Saturday Night repeats of shows are showing up on "Scheduled" list regularly despite settings to only record new shows - please fix - also happening with repeats of The Walking Dead.

I am in Chicago and have X1 DVR

Thanks,

Brian

Official Employee

This thread has been re-opened. Please continue to use this thread for all X1 DVR related discussions. Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Contributor

Having problems with 30 second skip since the 1.46 update. Specifically, it won't let you skip forward during the last several minutes of the recording. Normal fast fowarding still works. Anybody else noticing this problem?
Problem Solver

Zoder wrote:
Having problems with 30 second skip since the 1.46 update. Specifically, it won't let you skip forward during the last several minutes of the recording. Normal fast fowarding still works. Anybody else noticing this problem?

I think this was done was because People who have the default 5 min skip set up were going to far, and having to start all over..

Remember we are not supposed to have 30 sec skip, we just found the Easter egg...If we make comments about it they may take this away for xod....That would crush most folks...

Contributor

That makes sense. It does stop working at the 5 minute remaining mark. There might be a revolt if they removed entirely.

Frequent Visitor

1) Remove the 90-minute time limit in Favorites, or give an option to change the amount of time. As many others have stated, the "feature" is pointless with a time limit.

2) Give an option to change the amount of time the program "jumps" when pressing either Pg Up/Down. 5 minutes is much too long for it to be any useful. Also, please give an option to change the amount of time the "replay" button jumps back. 15 seconds is too short for me and I'm sure a lot of other users. 

3) I understand Slow-Mo is being worked on. That's great. However, a frame-by-frame advance/backtrack ability to go along with that would be so much more useful. This seems to be another highly requested feature based on other posts.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

A server is reporting and unrecoverable error on my XFINITY TV App.(WHILE PLAYING RECORDINGS FROM DVR) I'm unable to play my recordings from my DVR, on my tablet. How can we rectify this?
Valued Contributor

Sign out sign back in, delete app then re install > sign back in. Have you already tried this?

Regular Contributor

Slow motion came back for me (forward only), but it's not much use because -

- It's too fast

- the screen is covered by the large button/icon directly in the middle and the gray out area below the progress bar, so you can't actually see anything that you're trying to slow mo, and by time it goes away the part your looking to slow mo is over

- trying to stop slow motion and pause doesn't work, because the next press of the button causes play, and once again obscures a large part of the screen with an icon and gray out

Requests - 

- provide frame by frame  (make a better remote with separate play/pause buttons, or allow reprogramming at least)

- provide an option to remove the lower quarter of the screen being grayed/blacked out, it does nothing, I can see the progress by fine without it

- move the progress bar farther down, allow customized location

- move the giant pause/play/ff icon out of the middle of the screen, I already knot what button i pressed, i don't need the feedback to take up the center of the main viewing area.  put a small icon in a corner, or allow that customization

- allow customization of how long the feedback icon and progress bar stays on the screen.  (0,1,2,3 seconds, etc.)

Regular Contributor

Please create one-touch access to the Saved list (or at least 2 touch?).

We really do not need a 3rd option for getting to a Guide (Menu button) there are already 2 one-touch options for Guides, the Guide button, and the right arrow for the Mini Guide.  It certainly shouldn't be the default item in the Menu list.

Regular Visitor

Hello, I am having a problem with my X1 DVR.  

It frequently (but not always) cuts off recording mid-program.  The CSR I called about it last month suggested I reboot and refreshed the signal, but I still have the problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Service Expert

mr42itusnj wrote:

Hello, I am having a problem with my X1 DVR.  

It frequently (but not always) cuts off recording mid-program.  The CSR I called about it last month suggested I reboot and refreshed the signal, but I still have the problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

You are most likely having signal issues.... can you go into the diagnostics of your DVR and post the upstream/downstream and SNR results?

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Today, I could  not find in my X1 box's Saved recordings 2 shows that should have been there.  One was a one off sports event (World Series Game 6) I wanted recorded and had scheduled; the other was a daily series scheduled recording that is always there.  Strange I thought.

So I went online and checked under my Xfinity account -- the saved recordings list there was the same as the TV X1 box.  However, when I went into the new "XFINITY TV" on "X1 Platform" at " https://xtv.comcast.net/recent " well, lo and behold, the missing recordings were there on the Cloud DVR.  Hmmm.  Strange.

I rebooted the X1 box hoping the recordings would be restored on the TV box, but nothing changed.  I called Comcast Customer Service but -- shock of shocks -- they were no help.  I reluctantly watched the World Series game on my laptop.

Can ComcastTed or ComcastGwen, or anyone else explain how this could happen and how to prevent it or correct it in the future...  Thanks in advance for your help !!

Regular Visitor

Thanks Ray  

SN ranged from 39.8 to 40.3.

Saw nothing in the diagnostics menu or subfolders re:upstream or downstream.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Service Expert

mr42itusnj wrote:

Thanks Ray  

SN ranged from 39.8 to 40.3.

Saw nothing in the diagnostics menu or subfolders re:upstream or downstream.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

I probably should have stated POWER...  as in Upstream POWER and downstream POWER numbers....

You SNR looked okay to me, but then again....   

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Recording "Stop Time"

Hey All,

On the legacy DVR's, I used to be able to set recordings to stop up to an hour late. On the X1, it's only 5 minutes. With football on CBS on Sunday, 5 minutes is just not enough.

If this has been asked and answered somewhere elser, I apologize. If not, are there any plans to add back 15. 30, and 60 minutes?

Thank you,

David

Regular Visitor

Feature Request!

I love the X1 Anyroom DVR so I can access all of our shows from any of our DVRs. It would be really good, if we could tag our recordings when we set them up, like 'Kids', 'Dads', 'Mom', 'Parents', etc and allow filtering on those tags so you can access the recordings that a particular audience is interested in.

Thanks for considering

Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR

The above poster mentioned an "anyroom" DVR.

Is that a new feature?

We got X1 in October 2013, so we have had it for over a year. We have two DVRs because we all watch so many different shows. On Thursday & Friday some of our shows recorded to the "wrong" DVR.

Example: Blue Bloods never recorded in my room, but out in the living room where my roommates watch most of their shows. Yesterday it recorded on my DVR in my bedroom. Now they will have to watch it OnDemand because I deleted it from my DVR.

Am I missing something? Because from what I can tell, we can only watch a show from the DVR it was recorded on. We checked the LR DVR and there was no way to watch the show that recorded on the "wrong" DVR.

We are a household full of adults but I am sure we arent the only household to have an issue with this. I'm sure there is some teenager out there that has no desire to watch what their parents record and vice versa.

Please help!
Service Expert

Yes, there is an Anyroom feature, as well as a Whole Home DVR feature.

http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: X1 DVR deleting recordings from box without my permission

Make sure it is on save for 1 year and not until space is needed.

Frequent Visitor

DVR recordings missing from my set-top box show up online in X1 Platform ?

Today, I could  not find two shows that should have been in my X1 set top box's Saved recordings .  One was a one off sports event (World Series Game 6) I wanted recorded and had scheduled; the other was a daily series scheduled recording that is always there.  Strange I thought.

So I went online and checked under my Xfinity account -- the saved recordings list there was the same as the TV X1 box.  However, when I went into the new "XFINITY TV" on "X1 Platform" at " https://xtv.comcast.net/recent " well, lo and behold, the missing recordings were there on the Cloud DVR.  Hmmm.  Strange.

I rebooted the X1 box hoping the recordings would be restored on the TV box, but nothing changed.  I called Comcast Customer Service but -- shock of shocks -- they were no help.  I reluctantly watched the World Series game on my laptop.

Can anyone explain how this could happen and how to prevent it or correct it in the future...  Thanks in advance for your help !!

Frequent Visitor

Can anyone tell me why when I try to record something or check my recordings I am getting a message that says, "Your DVR service is not available right now?"  Yet when I check online, it shows that I am recording a show right now and I can access my recordings?  It seems like it something everyday.

New Poster

I just received this message when i was on my DVR trying to delete a program

Something's not quite right

Please check that all of your set -top boxes are plugged in and turned on, then try again. if you no lonet have the bite me set-top box, these recordings will be removed when youe system updates

XRE-03048

i think someone hacked into comcast because WTH is a bite me set-top  i have a picture of it of the message to porove it and cant get thru to comcast

Frequent Visitor

I get  error code XRE - 03048    it happens when I try to delete a program after watching it and sometimes on the fast forward 30  second button how do we fix this I allready did a reboot by shutting off the power source   do I have to leave it off more time than a few minutes ?

Frequent Visitor

XRE - 03048  error here in Virginia too.  Can't even get Comcast on the phone.  Message says too busy, call back later.

Unreal!

Contributor

Who cares, fix the X-1. On second thought, don't worry about it.  A tech is due on Saturday, so he can just take it with him, I moved a converter to that spot, and X-1 is on the floor, near the door.  I don't need any more Cisco, Atlantic Scientific, or whatever Chinese mongrel this is.

New Poster

Same error as everyone else. I'm in Boston area.
Service Expert

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Interruption-11-5-2014/td-p/2388191

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon