New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 DVR

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Re: LIVE Recording stopped too soon

Formula 1 racing seems to be "flagged" as a sport, as it ask if you want to record "just this game", but you only get the option to extend 30 minutes.

Maybe that's Comcast commentary that it's not a "real" sport?

Of course if I go back in to Options later, then 30,60,90 is there.  But no auto-extend, which I for that I guess I just set it to "on time" and hope for the best?

Consistently world class UI...

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 DVR

Ok, again...

Switched channels and the screen froze.

Now going on 10+ minutes to do a Refresh.

When is somebody going to address this post!

Service Expert

Gtummond wrote:

Ok, again...

Sure sounds like you need a tech visit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

The link in the first post in this thread X1 DVR: Overview (includes a series of links to step-by-step DVR Help articles) does not work. It is broken.

Service Expert

pbrixey wrote:

The link in the first post in this thread X1 DVR: Overview (includes a series of links to step-by-step DVR Help articles) does not work. It is broken.

it appears that the post has been modified now.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Gtummond wrote:

Ok, again...

If it's this issue here, you're out of luck. I still have this problem on occasion. No one has figutred out root cause/solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Uj6YXIKbg

Service Expert

steveoregon wrote:

Gtummond wrote:

Ok, again...

If it's this issue here, you're out of luck. I still have this problem on occasion. No one has figutred out root cause/solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Uj6YXIKbg

Does rebooting the DVR clear this issue?  What is the model number of your DVR?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Re: DVR not recording from the place that I start recording after a program starts

This has happened more than once so I thought I would see if anyone else has this problem.  Watching a program live and decide to record the rest of it.  Lets say its been on for 15 minutes and they announce something is 'coming on soon'  that I want to see but can't watch right now. I press record and the red recording  light comes on the box so all should be well but its not. When I go back to watch,  the only part I get is the very last few minutes  at the end of the program. The progress bar shows only the last  5 minutes and zooms from the beginning to the end of the bar as soon as I press 'watch'. Should I be using the guide to start the recording instead of the record button? To me it shouldn't make a difference. I just don't understand why its not recording the portion of the program from the point when I press 'record'.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Just reporting a quirk that has been happening a few times a month, for the past few months ....

I always record the NASCAR Cup races, so I can fast forward through commercials.  I usually start watching about 45 minutes into the race, so that it is still recording when I start watching the recording.  I occasionally pause the action when I have to leave the room.  Sometimes when I press play to resume watching, the DVR starts playing the recording from the beginning while the  progress bar shows shows the correct time into the recording.  Sometimes doing another pause and play will correct the problem and sometimes I have to exit the recording entirely before it will resume at the correct place in time.  Weird, isn't it?

Regular Contributor

ThomT wrote:

Just reporting a quirk that has been happening a few times a month, for the past few months ....

I always record the NASCAR Cup races, so I can fast forward through commercials.  I usually start watching about 45 minutes into the race, so that it is still recording when I start watching the recording.  I occasionally pause the action when I have to leave the room.  Sometimes when I press play to resume watching, the DVR starts playing the recording from the beginning while the  progress bar shows shows the correct time into the recording.  Sometimes doing another pause and play will correct the problem and sometimes I have to exit the recording entirely before it will resume at the correct place in time.  Weird, isn't it?

Happens to me all the time with many different recordings.  I think even when it's not still recording, but definitely more often then.  Also notice it more with long sporting events.

I just assumed i was the only one, given my 2 years of h... with X1 lack of server response, pixelization, error messages, etc., etc..

I have video of it just to prove I wasn't crazy.  Once it starts it tends to happen more and more often in that vewing session.

I'll skip ahead 30 sec and it will start playing some video from the beginning of the recording.  And as you said it generally fixes itself after skipping back or pausing and playing or rewinding or some other commands.

Contributor

I noticed yesterday that a bunch of previously deleted recordings have inexplicably appeared on my DVR. What needs to happen to revert to the correct list of only non-deleted recordings?

Regular Contributor

commodore_dude wrote:

I noticed yesterday that a bunch of previously deleted recordings have inexplicably appeared on my DVR. What needs to happen to revert to the correct list of only non-deleted recordings?

The permanent solution is to switch to a different service.

Temporarily, you can find a Sync DVR option buried somewhere in the preferences, I think it's under device settings...

Contributor

Yeah, I tried that option last night, as well as rebooting my DVR, with no luck. Ended up having to delete about 40 recordings by hand (strangely all from mid March to early April of this year).

Frequent Visitor

Lost Functionality

I switched from the old DVR box to the new X1 platform. There really doesn't seem to be a place to provide feedback to development. Or if there is, it's hard to find.

Things that I am disappointed with Xfinity

Lost functionality

1. Loss of two tuners in the cable box. I use to be able to switch between two shows running, rewind/record either show and now... no more. We used this to get out of sync so that we could watch shows with the ability to scroll past all the commercials. 
  2. I tune in a channel for a show that I want to watch and leave the room. Half way through, I'm still busy so I decide to record the show and watch it later. Prior to the new box, when record was hit, it would record from the beginning. Now it only records from the point you hit record.
  3. Watching stored shows: I'm watching a show that is recorded on the DVR. Once the show is complete and returned to normal TV. If there's a show that I would like to see from the beginning, you cannot. Prior to the new box, you could.
  4. Missing Filters - try to pull up action HBO movies (without the voice command). The filter options are a joke.
  5. When you select the FREE option in the filters, then the results should be the ones that are truly FREE.
  6. Program display list for a channel. Prior to the new box, if you wanted to see shows in the future you could display them in a list format going down the page (8 - 10 shows). Now if you want to see shows in the future. You have to scroll right or hit the fast forward button but it now only displays 2 or 3 shows (depending upon duration). 
  7. Previous channel - use to be one button, now it's hit last, scroll, enter. I like the ability of the new function but prefer the old quick method.
  8. Too many clicks to accomplish a task. For example, I have a show DVR'd, why does it ask me if I want to watch the FREE show on DVR, or On Demand or BUY... why is it asking? R&D should always remember "keystrokes are a sin". I'll always take functional over pretty every time. 
  9. Lost the ability to save a show from deleting unless I chose to delete it.
  10. Voice command - if you search for a show in the future (because you want to record it). It becomes very confusing because you're now prompted if you want to BUY it with no option to record it when it plays in a week or two for free!

Things I do like

1. Voice command 
  2. 6 channel recording
  3. Pull up shows accidentally deleted
  4. Repeating recording options are better but lost the ability to store a show until I delete.