Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 DVR stopped playing Texans vs Seahawks about 5-10 minutes into the game

Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR stopped playing Texans vs Seahawks about 5-10 minutes into the game

This past Sunday, October 29 2017 we recorded Texans vs Seahawks, which started at 1:05 pm PDT. We began to watch the game at about 5:15 pm. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the DVR reverted to display the list of recorded programs. We tried several things to see if there was any way to watch the game past this point but none worked. I noticed that if I pressed the down arrow on the remote then the right arrow to select "Highlights" I could see there were many marks indicating the recording had marked all the highlights but if I tried to choose a highlight past the same point in the game, the DRV still reverted to the display of the recorded programs. I also power-cycled the DVR by disconnecting the power brick cable, waiting about a minute then reconnecting it, as Comcast tech support often asks me to do when I call with issues, and that did not fix the issue. We also tried to see if the game was available to watch via On Demand but it was not. Finally we gave up and looked on the Internet to see the final score, which was 41 to 38 in favor of the Seahawks and later learned it was the most exciting game of the season if not the last couple of years so were even more disppointed that we were not able to watch it. We watch virtually everything recorded. We watch virtually nothing live. We have recorded and watched thousands of shows since we got this X1 DVR in the last few years and we have had something like this happen only a few times, and it has happended TWICE with the Seahawks. It happened another time last year. I called Comcast support and they "refreshed the account" and also recommended we delete come programs that were recorded to make sure this does not happen with the Redskins vs Seahawks this coming Sunday, EVEN THOUGH OUR DVR IS ONLY 55% FULL. This is crazy. I told them I wanted a $30 credit on my bill, which they granted.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so is there any fix for it?

Thanks,

Don

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR stopped playing Texans vs Seahawks about 5-10 minutes into the game

donander1, did this DVR issue only affect the game? Are there any other recordings that weren't recorded fully as well?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

ComcastKenF,

No, the game was the only program which had this problem. We recorded and watched Redskins vs Seahawks yesterday and everything worked fine.

My wife says she vaguely remembers one or two occasions where other programs did not play correctly but this was at sometime in the past. Last season there was also a Seahawks game which did not play correctly.

Thanks,

Don

New Poster

I have had the same issue with 2 Seahawks games this year too! Happened agiain yesterday 11/5! Only record 7 minutes of pregame we didn’t even make it to the kickoff. We record dozens of other shows with generally no problems! Only happens with the games! I considering take all my equipment back to the Comcast store tonight! I am spending way too much money for this to keep happening!
Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast support and of course they did the usual "I'm refreshing your account" etc. I told them I wanted a $30 credit on my bill and they granted it. Sunday's game (11/5) played ok (Sadly the Seahawks did not.) As this has only happened now once a year I don't feel like abandoning Comcast and $30 eases the pain. Maybe if they have to pay me $30 every time this happens they will decide it is cheaper to fix whatever is going on. However, I am an IT guy and I know that sometimes sophisticated electronic equipment just glitches for some unknown reason so I guess that is the risk of using such toys.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation