Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 DVR boxes that have HDMI inputs

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR boxes that have HDMI inputs

We realize there are old threads that explain these HDMI ports are disabled.  It seems xfinity should consider enabling, since the box designer was on the right path putting them there.  3 years later and the average TV still does not have enough imputs, or ones that do require the fiber optic cable to get sound back down to blue ray player.  Also becuse average blue ray does not have extra hdmi ports either.  

We loath having to buy these extra AV parts, have hanging off the back of TV when most people are trying to do the same thing. thanks for reading.. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR boxes that have HDMI inputs

While I agree with you, I still have to disagree with you.

Yes, Comcast should enable the HDMI inputs but they seem firm in their decision not to. I suspect they fear it would create too many service calls. I also think they aren't willing to devote a button on the remote to control it.

Where I disagree with you is this... It is not Comcast's job to supply you with the appropriate number of HDMI inputs. You need to buy the right TV for your situation. Also, I have been distributing, selling and installing TVs for 40 years and I can count on one hand the TV sets that I have encountered that have just one HDMI input. They all have two and many have three or four. Even if you have a shortage of HDMI inputs, HDMI switchers are common and affordable. I have a one and it works fine.

I have a 55" Panasonic plasma (great TV) that has just two HDMI inputs however in it's current situation I need three inputs. I didn't blame Comcast. I paid a few $$$ and bought a switcher.

davidcook21120 wrote:

We realize there are old threads that explain these HDMI ports are disabled.  It seems xfinity should consider enabling, since the box designer was on the right path putting them there.  3 years later and the average TV still does not have enough imputs, or ones that do require the fiber optic cable to get sound back down to blue ray player.  Also becuse average blue ray does not have extra hdmi ports either.  

We loath having to buy these extra AV parts, have hanging off the back of TV when most people are trying to do the same thing. thanks for reading.. 

Regular Visitor

Hey Rick,

Thanks for reading and your ideas.  I do have 55" LED TV which has 3 HDMI imputs too, but it is still a pain switching on the remotes.  So I bought a nice simple HDMI switcher on amazon for $9.00, tucked and taped it on back side and happy enough with it!

I guess my real issue is the principle for what we pay Xfinity monthly...

but that is a story for another day -

Gold Problem Solver

I use programmable universal remotes. I do not care for the Comcast remotes.

Input switching is not an issue with a properly programmed universal remote.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation