discussions

X1 Boxes and IR Locations

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 31

Hi All,

I work on Comcast Neals team and wanted to get this information posted immediately

Below please find some X1 boxes along with photos depicting where to find the IR Target Eye locations (notated in yellow square), as well as the manufacturer name, X1 Platform name and any pertinent notes.

Important point: ALL X1 boxes (excluding the RNG150 models) can do both RF and IR. 

For larger images of more information, please message me.

Below is the Samsung XG2, manufacturer model number (on the bottom of the unit) is SX022ANM

Samsung XG2 IR.png

Below is the Samsung RNG-150N, manufacturer model number SR150BNM

Samsung RNG150N IR.png

Below is the Pacxe XG2, manufacturer model number PX022ANM. Please note, the target is small and will appear as a tiny triangle centered just below the face of the unit.

Pace XG2 IR.png

Below is the Pace XG1, manufacturer model number PX001ANM

Pace XG1v1 IR.png

Below is the the Pace RNG-150N, manufacturer number PR150BNM

Pace RNG150N IR.png

Below is the Pace Xi3, Manufacturer model number to be posted shortly.

Pace Xi3 IR.png

Below is the Pace XiD, Manufacturer modle number to be posted shortly.

Pace XiD IR.png

Below is the Cisco XiD, manufacturer model number CXD01ANI

Cisco XiD IR.png

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
30 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 31

Thanks Eric, really good information!

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 31
Solution

All,

A few more important notes to remember regarding IR usage. First, all X1 boxes use the same IR codes. So, if you change from one X1 box to a different model X1 box, you will not need to change any IR codes in your third party remotes. Some boxes have different sensitivity concerns with the IR signal, but the codes are the same. Usually, you can adjust the sensitivity gain via your third pary control processor. 

Second, you cannot use Legacy Box IR codes with X1 boxes. They will not work. The same goes for the reverse; X1 codes will not work with Legacy products.

Lastly, not all Legacy product IR codes will work across different Legacy products. Many will, but some will not.

Message me with questions/concerns/findings, etc. 

Thanks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 4 of 31

Good info... Thank you Eric.

Funny but the sensor on the Samsung XG2 is right where I said it was...

ComcastEricG wrote:

Hi All,

I work on Comcast Neals team and wanted to get this information posted immediately

Below please find some X1 boxes along with photos depicting where to find the IR Target Eye locations (notated in yellow square), as well as the manufacturer name, X1 Platform name and any pertinent notes.

Important point: ALL X1 boxes (excluding the RNG150 models) can do both RF and IR. 

For larger images of more information, please message me.

Below is the Samsung XG2, manufacturer model number (on the bottom of the unit) is SX022ANM

Samsung XG2 IR.png

Below is the Samsung RNG-150N, manufacturer model number SR150BNM

Samsung RNG150N IR.png

Below is the Pacxe XG2, manufacturer model number PX022ANM. Please note, the target is small and will appear as a tiny triangle centered just below the face of the unit.

Pace XG2 IR.png

Below is the Pace XG1, manufacturer model number PX001ANM

Pace XG1v1 IR.png

Below is the the Pace RNG-150N, manufacturer number PR150BNM

Pace RNG150N IR.png

Below is the Pace Xi3, Manufacturer model number to be posted shortly.

Pace Xi3 IR.png

Below is the Pace XiD, Manufacturer modle number to be posted shortly.

Pace XiD IR.png

Below is the Cisco XiD, manufacturer model number CXD01ANI

Cisco XiD IR.png

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 31

Posting here incase Eric can help me as it appears i have a box that isn't included on the list below.

Hello all! I just upgraded to the Comcast X1 (Box model PX013ANM / XG1-P). Love the system but cannot figure out how to get my Logitech Harmony Ultimate One to work with my IR extender and the box. All of my equipment is located down the hall in a closet. I have programmed the remote, can walk in front of the X1 box and press buttons and everything works perfectly with no lag. Confirmed this by having my wife yell if there is movement on the TV when I press buttons and the little green remote light blinks. I have taken a flashlight and found a large hole on the front of the box with what looks like an LED (a little to the right of center on the box). I placed my IR receiver there and nothing works from the other room. All other equipement (xbox one, receiver, etc) is working and receiving commands just fine. I have even had my wife make button presses while i slowly move the IR eye all across the front of the X1 box and still can't get it to work. We did get some activity by placing the eye near the top of the box on the right side but that only worked for a button press or two and nothing else. This is driving me crazy. I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Comcast says i've programmed my remote incorrectly but how can that be if it works flawless when standing in front of the box? Has anyone found the sweet spot on this box to place an IR eye? Thanks! 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 31

This is the same as your box:  It is the V1 box and you have the V3 box.

Pace XG1v1 IR.png

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 31

Hi Eric,

I have an XG1-P installed in a closet and RF range is right on the edge from where we watch TV.  I have an IR extender installed already that controls our AVR, AppleTV, etc.  I cannot get an emitter to work with XG1-P.  I have placed it directly on the yellow square in your diagram, as well as literally every square inch of the face plate of the box.  Nothing.  But when I use the XR11 remote pointed at the box (unpaired, so I know it is using IR and not RF) it works just fine.  I know the IR relay emitter is working and I know the box is accepting IR commands from the XR11 remote, so is it possible something is getting lost in translation when I use the XR11 remote through the IR receiver to the IR emitter stuck on the XG1-P?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!

-Eric O

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 31

Thanks a ton for this post!!  Great information.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 31
Hi Eric,

We Have A Client Who Got The PACE PXD01ANI. Could you post the location of the IR sensor for this model?

Thanks in advance

E.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 10 of 31

bluemanta wrote:
Hi Eric,

We Have A Client Who Got The PACE PXD01ANI. Could you post the location of the IR sensor for this model?

Thanks in advance

E.

I have that DVR and I found it by just using a flashlight in a dim room;

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 31

bluemanta wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks in advance

E.

All locations are marked in yellow in the very first post. Your client's box is commonly known as a Pace XiD

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 12 of 31

Bluemanta,

If you are doing work for a client, that would suggest you are an AV installer. Any decent AV installer should be able to find the IR window on ANY device. It's not that difficult.

That being said, the IR window on the XG2 is far from obvious and took me a while to find. It is not hard to find on the Pace box you are asking about.

bluemanta wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks in advance

E.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 31

Hi Eric,

I am trying to find my sensor on the Pace XG2 model PX022ANM and cannot get it to work.

My universal remote works when pointing directly at the box, but when i try to use the transmitter, I cannot locate where to properly place the sensor.

Any thoughts or tricks?  Does it have issues going through the plastic on these newer boxes?

Thanks

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 14 of 31

What do you mean by "transmitter"? What brand and model of universal remote are you talking about?

My Harmony 900 universal remotes along with their RF blasters are working perfectly with the XG2 boxes.

bjames60689 wrote:

Hi Eric,

I am trying to find my sensor on the Pace XG2 model PX022ANM and cannot get it to work.

My universal remote works when pointing directly at the box, but when i try to use the transmitter, I cannot locate where to properly place the sensor.

Any thoughts or tricks?  Does it have issues going through the plastic on these newer boxes?

Thanks

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 15 of 31
Hello, My Harmony works just fine. I don't have the same box as you, but I've had no problem with any of my X1 boxes. One ting you could try is rather than trying to place the emitter over the eye, try placing is in a spot in front of and away from the box so that it blasts the whole front instead of just a small area. Perhaps you stand and hold it while your wife changes channels. I have a dual emitter system with the emitters on my X1 box and my AVR, but the impulses are seen be all of my equipment (X1 STB, AVR, Bluray player, HD DVD player, Roku, OTA ST.

Ghhowell84 wrote:

Posting here incase Eric can help me as it appears i have a box that isn't included on the list below.

Hello all! I just upgraded to the Comcast X1 (Box model PX013ANM / XG1-P). Love the system but cannot figure out how to get my Logitech Harmony Ultimate One to work with my IR extender and the box. All of my equipment is located down the hall in a closet. I have programmed the remote, can walk in front of the X1 box and press buttons and everything works perfectly with no lag. Confirmed this by having my wife yell if there is movement on the TV when I press buttons and the little green remote light blinks. I have taken a flashlight and found a large hole on the front of the box with what looks like an LED (a little to the right of center on the box). I placed my IR receiver there and nothing works from the other room. All other equipement (xbox one, receiver, etc) is working and receiving commands just fine. I have even had my wife make button presses while i slowly move the IR eye all across the front of the X1 box and still can't get it to work. We did get some activity by placing the eye near the top of the box on the right side but that only worked for a button press or two and nothing else. This is driving me crazy. I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Comcast says i've programmed my remote incorrectly but how can that be if it works flawless when standing in front of the box? Has anyone found the sweet spot on this box to place an IR eye? Thanks! 

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 31

I have the Logitech Harmony 900 with the PX022ANM, and I can't get it to work.  I have tried everything.  I looked for IR window, and all I found was a very small piece of black plastic.  It doesn't look like an IR receiver.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 31

Does the Pace PXD01ANI have IR?  Ican't find it on the box.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 18 of 31

hpilot wrote:

Yes, check post#1 for locations, the front is hard plastic, it'll be trial and error.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 31

The yellow box specified for IR Repeaters on Post #1 does not work for the Pace PXD01ANI.   

For others responding in this thread...the PXD01ANI has a hard, opaque black plastic case; there is no way to find the IR receiver location with a flashlight - as with other models or most AV equipment.  Given the design of this equipment, Comcast should really provide a better recommendation other than using "Trial & Error" to locate the IR sensor.  This box is extremely sensitive and will pick up commands even without a direct LINE OF SIGHT between the box & remote.  So you really can't be sure about proper placement if the box is nearby.  I am having problems with a PXD01ANI that is located inside a closed cabinet (there is black tape covering the IR transmitters on all AV equipment to prevent bounce back signal transmission). My other PXD01ANI boxes are located in closets or in other rooms away from the TV & IR receiver – they seem to work fine. This one, which is located in a cabinet directly below the TV, has issues with my Universal Remote.  Is this due to box proximity to the IR receiver/repeater?

Since Comcast was unable to provide appropriate support for IR sensor location, I struggled (along with many other customers) using the "Trial & Error" method.  After much aggravation, I found a few areas that would work. The top, left side of the box works, as does the face (or front), left side of the box; ironically, the location in Post #1 is an area that DOES NOT TRANSMIT A SIGNAL.  

My problems now stem from command duplication issues with my Universal Remote Control (i.e. 3 becomes 33, arrow left becomes two arrows left etc).  These duplicate commands are intermittent and sporadic making troubleshooting practically impossible.  Given the problems I am experiencing, it seems that RF is taking over and providing a duplicate signal to the cable box; unfortunately I cannot find a way to isolate IR vs. RF in the Settings so I am unsure if this is a factor.

It would be helpful to determine the ACCURATE location for my IR emitter in lieu of guesstimating, since multiple areas on the PXD01ANI will receive an IR signal. Through this frustrating process, I have found certain areas of IR emitter placement which exacerbate my duplicate signal problems – as I move the IR emitter around, the command duplication problems become worse (or so it seems??!!). Since these duplicate commands are sporadic and intermittent, troubleshooting requires a SIGNIFICANT time investment each time the IR emitter is relocated.  I feel that I can't really begin proper diagnosis for my duplicate signal issues without first determining the BEST location for the IR emitter.  I would appreciate any insight or assistance on both of these issues – this is a very frustrating problem that I have been battling for a while. 

I am using a ProControl Pro24 Universal Remote Control & 789-44 xantech IR emitter with my XiD-P (Pace PXD01ANI)

ComcastAndrew wrote:

hpilot wrote:

Yes, check post#1 for locations, the front is hard plastic, it'll be trial and error.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 20 of 31

The reason for the duplicate commands is the remote is sending too many "repeats".

I have found that X1 boxes work fine when the remote sends just one repeat. Your remote is probably sending three or four repeats.

user398 wrote:

The yellow box specified for IR Repeaters on Post #1 does not work for the Pace PXD01ANI.   

For others responding in this thread...the PXD01ANI has a hard, opaque black plastic case; there is no way to find the IR receiver location with a flashlight - as with other models or most AV equipment.  Given the design of this equipment, Comcast should really provide a better recommendation other than using "Trial & Error" to locate the IR sensor.  This box is extremely sensitive and will pick up commands even without a direct LINE OF SIGHT between the box & remote.  So you really can't be sure about proper placement if the box is nearby.  I am having problems with a PXD01ANI that is located inside a closed cabinet (there is black tape covering the IR transmitters on all AV equipment to prevent bounce back signal transmission). My other PXD01ANI boxes are located in closets or in other rooms away from the TV & IR receiver – they seem to work fine. This one, which is located in a cabinet directly below the TV, has issues with my Universal Remote.  Is this due to box proximity to the IR receiver/repeater?

Since Comcast was unable to provide appropriate support for IR sensor location, I struggled (along with many other customers) using the "Trial & Error" method.  After much aggravation, I found a few areas that would work. The top, left side of the box works, as does the face (or front), left side of the box; ironically, the location in Post #1 is an area that DOES NOT TRANSMIT A SIGNAL.  

My problems now stem from command duplication issues with my Universal Remote Control (i.e. 3 becomes 33, arrow left becomes two arrows left etc).  These duplicate commands are intermittent and sporadic making troubleshooting practically impossible.  Given the problems I am experiencing, it seems that RF is taking over and providing a duplicate signal to the cable box; unfortunately I cannot find a way to isolate IR vs. RF in the Settings so I am unsure if this is a factor.

It would be helpful to determine the ACCURATE location for my IR emitter in lieu of guesstimating, since multiple areas on the PXD01ANI will receive an IR signal. Through this frustrating process, I have found certain areas of IR emitter placement which exacerbate my duplicate signal problems – as I move the IR emitter around, the command duplication problems become worse (or so it seems??!!). Since these duplicate commands are sporadic and intermittent, troubleshooting requires a SIGNIFICANT time investment each time the IR emitter is relocated.  I feel that I can't really begin proper diagnosis for my duplicate signal issues without first determining the BEST location for the IR emitter.  I would appreciate any insight or assistance on both of these issues – this is a very frustrating problem that I have been battling for a while. 

I am using a ProControl Pro24 Universal Remote Control & 789-44 xantech IR emitter with my XiD-P (Pace PXD01ANI)

ComcastAndrew wrote:

hpilot wrote:

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 31

hpilot wrote:

I have the Logitech Harmony 900 with the PX022ANM, and I can't get it to work.  I have tried everything.  I looked for IR window, and all I found was a very small piece of black plastic.  It doesn't look like an IR receiver.

I have it working now!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 22 of 31

Maybe you should tell us how you fixed it...........

hpilot wrote:

hpilot wrote:

I have it working now!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 23 of 31

Thanks for the help!

Just got new CISCO CXD01ANI box so I could get netflix through cable box.  Had old RNG150 box in closet with remote sensor.

Did online chat with Comcast asking where sensor was on new CISCO box.  Was told all boxes capable for IR sensor but never got an answer as to where the sensor was on the box.  

After looking at your pictures of set-top boxes saw where the sensor was located - just connected and WOW it works.  Thanks for the help!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 31

how did you fix it? 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 31

Had X1 installed last night. Guys did not know the "sweet spots" for the IR sensors. trying it myself this morning on the locations defined for the Pace PX022ANM.  Not reading. Is this some setup codes that I don't hav access to in the X1 applocations that will require Comcast needing to come out again?  Please tell me no!!!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 26 of 31

More details please. What are you trying to accomplish?

mace5646 wrote:

Had X1 installed last night. Guys did not know the "sweet spots" for the IR sensors. trying it myself this morning on the locations defined for the Pace PX022ANM.  Not reading. Is this some setup codes that I don't hav access to in the X1 applocations that will require Comcast needing to come out again?  Please tell me no!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 31

I have Universal remotes on two of my TV's that do everything from TV, volume change on my receivers, DVR, Music, etc...  i want the X1 remote to be able to control the TV as it does already along with the Volume off the amplifier, yet the amps are controlled by IR, not RF.   I also want the universal remotes to still be able to flip through the channels like they did before.  I see the X1 remote being very useful if were searching for something, but day in and day the TV's have operated very well and very easy off the universals which I would love to get back to as the primary devices.  

Hopefully that makes sense.  

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 28 of 31

Well,

The X1 remotes can only control X1 boxes via RF. They can't control anything else via RF. Properly programmed an XR11 will turn your TV and audio system on and off.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

X1 boxes use different IR codes than Comcast legacy boxes.  If your universal remotes don't control your X1 boxes then they will need to be reprogrammed or something else is wrong. I have an assortment of Harmony and URC remotes. I can assure you they work just fine with X1 boxes... once they are properly programmed.

You may end up doing what I do. Use your universal remote 98% of the time but have an XR11 nearby for an occasional voice search.

mace5646 wrote:

I have Universal remotes on two of my TV's that do everything from TV, volume change on my receivers, DVR, Music, etc...  i want the X1 remote to be able to control the TV as it does already along with the Volume off the amplifier, yet the amps are controlled by IR, not RF.   I also want the universal remotes to still be able to flip through the channels like they did before.  I see the X1 remote being very useful if were searching for something, but day in and day the TV's have operated very well and very easy off the universals which I would love to get back to as the primary devices.  

Hopefully that makes sense.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 29 of 31
Where is the IR sensor located on X1 Arris Dvr for Slingbox purposes?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 30 of 31
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 31

I was struggling with finding the proper IR repeater/transmitter mount point on the Pace XiD-P this weekend, until I found the images that show the box's IR receiver is on the LEFT front, NOT in the yellow box indicated in Comcast's post above. The IR receiver is located on the front of the unit, approximately inline with the right edge of the HDMI output port on the back of the unit (as you're facing the HDMI port).

FCC ID data sheet with images for Pace Micro Technology plc PXD01ANI DTA Set Top Box Model XiD-P

Comcast: Please do something to correct this misinformation. It would have saved me an hour, at least. Thanks.

user398 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

hpilot wrote: