Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,651,262

members

54

online now

1,826,652

discussions

Back to Top

X1 Audio - How does it work and what should I expect?

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 769
4,763 Views
Now that the issue with NO surround from the X1 box has been resolved with greatly appreciated specific advice from Xfinity tech about receiver HDMI setting, I'm encountering the OTHER sound issue as described by others. Even though surround shows in device settings as chosen, after any restart there is only stereo coming through until I go back to settings and switch from surround, back to stereo and then back to surround. THEN we have surround once again. Hopefully the upcoming update resolves this new for me issue. Not a HUGE deal compared to having no surround at all, it's still unneeded frustration from an otherwise promising X1 platform. It's all getting to be better than it was initially and as evidenced by the great help I've received eventually from X1 tech support on this forum, they are at least beginning to hire more than competent folks in tech to resolve issues. All the specific tech response I've eventually gotten has been very spot on. Thanks tech support people!!! hang in there as I'm quite sure you all have your very own irritating moments dealing with xfinity x1 problems, you've been very helpful to mine
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 202 of 769
4,761 Views
This is resolved in 2.0. You will see that within a month.



Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 203 of 769
4,756 Views

Leedoug61 wrote:
Now that the issue with NO surround from the X1 box has been resolved with greatly appreciated specific advice from Xfinity tech about receiver HDMI setting, I'm encountering the OTHER sound issue as described by others. Even though surround shows in device settings as chosen, after any restart there is only stereo coming through until I go back to settings and switch from surround, back to stereo and then back to surround. THEN we have surround once again. Hopefully the upcoming update resolves this new for me issue. Not a HUGE deal compared to having no surround at all, it's still unneeded frustration from an otherwise promising X1 platform. It's all getting to be better than it was initially and as evidenced by the great help I've received eventually from X1 tech support on this forum, they are at least beginning to hire more than competent folks in tech to resolve issues. All the specific tech response I've eventually gotten has been very spot on. Thanks tech support people!!! hang in there as I'm quite sure you all have your very own irritating moments dealing with xfinity x1 problems, you've been very helpful to mine

I was able to work around this by using the Toslink output for the audio and HDMI just for video.  Of course your receiver will need to support this arrangement.

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 204 of 769
4,728 Views

@ComcastNeal,

 

I was forwarded to this thread from my post on a issue with my X1 Box. (its the smaller one PR150BNM). I understand this is an audio thread, but I would like to see if this is something that will be fixed in the 2.x release?

 

My receiver: Yamaha RXV671 and a Projector Panasonic AE8000 doesn't seem to work anymore with the box. It used to 3 weeks ago.

 

Right now, I can reset the device (power off / on) and as long as I have the projector off - it will actuall reset itself and I can hear the audio. But the minute I turn the projector, the sound goes away and the picture comes on with a purple tint. 

 

The Video display says 16:9 - Unknown HD.

 

Any thoughts?

 

Thanks

Mihir

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 205 of 769
4,629 Views

mihirpanchal wrote:

@ComcastNeal,

 

I was forwarded to this thread from my post on a issue with my X1 Box. (its the smaller one PR150BNM). I understand this is an audio thread, but I would like to see if this is something that will be fixed in the 2.x release?

 

My receiver: Yamaha RXV671 and a Projector Panasonic AE8000 doesn't seem to work anymore with the box. It used to 3 weeks ago.

 

Right now, I can reset the device (power off / on) and as long as I have the projector off - it will actuall reset itself and I can hear the audio. But the minute I turn the projector, the sound goes away and the picture comes on with a purple tint. 

 

The Video display says 16:9 - Unknown HD.

 

Any thoughts?

 

Thanks

Mihir


Hi Mihir.  Are you using Component video or HDMI?




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 206 of 769
4,571 Views
Posted by
Contributor

Message 207 of 769
4,557 Views
I'm having the same problem. Almost every morning when I turn everything back on, both the receiver and the dvr show that surround is on, but sound only comes from the front speakers. When I toggle the dvr to stereo and back to surround, sound now comes from all speakers with a dramatic volume increase. All is well until I shut it all down and start it back up the next day. I have the Pace blue light special.

Release version:xappl-XRE.47P20
XRE Server Version: 1.47.20 12/08/2014 10:25
XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0
Receiver: Native version 1.3.4
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 208 of 769
4,553 Views

Please look at message 202 in this thread. FYI members with their names in red letters are Comcast employees.

Why are you shutting the box down? X1 boxes are designed to stay on 24-7.


raydog1 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. Almost every morning when I turn everything back on, both the receiver and the dvr show that surround is on, but sound only comes from the front speakers. When I toggle the dvr to stereo and back to surround, sound now comes from all speakers with a dramatic volume increase. All is well until I shut it all down and start it back up the next day. I have the Pace blue light special.

Release version:xappl-XRE.47P20
XRE Server Version: 1.47.20 12/08/2014 10:25
XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0
Receiver: Native version 1.3.4

 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 209 of 769
4,541 Views

Sorry, I meant everything but the DVR. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 210 of 769
4,502 Views

Horrible first post....

 

I have no issues with my sound surround.  Is anyone there listenting?  I just want to watch tv and record shows, in which I am able to watch.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 211 of 769
4,425 Views

Ok, here's one for ya.

 

I have 4 X1 boxes with the main DVR box in my family room (blue halo power button box).

 

I have an HDMI cable connected from the X1 to a Samsung TV, and the optical audio output of the X1 DVR connected to my Yamaha surround sound receiver.

 

Tuning in a music channel (or actually any channel), I get the audio through my Yamaha system just fine, DD 5.1.  I also get the audio from the TV.  I get the music channel graphics on the screen and all is well ... except, if I turn off the TV (and I guess break the HDMI connection) the audio starts dropping out like crazy.  I also have the analog stereo audio outputs connected from the X1 to the Yamaha receiver and when I force the receiver to use those inputs, I still get the dropouts with the TV turned off.  The reason to turn off the TV is to be able to listen to the music without having to watch the TV.

 

It didn't work this way with the old Mororola DVR!  I hope the answer is not to just leave the TV on!

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 212 of 769
4,418 Views

Try turning off "Any-Net" in the menu settings of your TV. X1 boxes don't always react predictably to HDMI-CEC functions. It is best to turn them off.

I take it your Yamaha is older and doesn't have HDMI inputs on it???


ws6500hp wrote:

Ok, here's one for ya.

 

I have 4 X1 boxes with the main DVR box in my family room (blue halo power button) box.

 

I have an HDMI cable connected from the X1 to a Samsung TV, and the optical audio output of the X1 DVR connected to my Yamaha surround sound receiver.

 

Tuning in a music channel (or actually any channel), I get the audio through my Yamaha system just fine, DD 5.1.  I also get the audio from the TV.  I get the music channel graphics on the screen and all is well ... except, if I turn off the TV (and I guess break the HDMI connection) the audio starts dropping out like crazy.  I also have the analog stereo audio outputs connected from the X1 to the Yamaha receiver and when I force the receiver to use those inputs, I still get the dropouts with the TV turned off.  The reason to turn off the TV is to be able to listen to the music without having to watch the TV.

 

It didn't work this way with the old Mororola DVR!  I hope the answer is not to just leave the TV on!

 

Thanks for your help.

 





Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 213 of 769
4,417 Views

I learned that trick long time ago - Anynet is off.  With it on, my system works unpredicably.

 

Yes, the Yamaha is a fine receiver, but it is older and has no HDMI.

 

Thanks for the reply!

 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 214 of 769
4,410 Views

PS  If I can get up enough energy tomorrow, I think I'll try using the component outs from the X1.

 

I think I can still get 1080p?  If so, don't really care about the HDMI.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 215 of 769
4,406 Views
If your TV supports it, yes that should work fine.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 216 of 769
4,402 Views

Good point and worth tryin.

I would be SHOCKED if you saw a difference between 1080i and 1080p regardless of whether you use HDMI or component. It depends upon the age and signal processing capabilities of your TV. You may find that 1080i over component looks just dandy.


ws6500hp wrote:

PS  If I can get up enough energy tomorrow, I think I'll try using the component outs from the X1.

 

I think I can still get 1080p?  If so, don't really care about the HDMI.




Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 217 of 769
4,401 Views

Well, it was a good thought - except - my X1 box has no component outs!  Geezzzzzz ....

 

I used to use component outs from my old Motorola DVR to my Samsung DLP/LED TV and the 1080i was great.

 

I guess I have the Arris box that everyone wants?

 

Thanks all for your help and Merry Christmas.

 

 

 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 218 of 769
4,367 Views
You can have my arris box...not everyone wants the arris..

This post is for the benefit of someone who thinks their Inferior arris dvr is better than my pace...
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 219 of 769
4,365 Views
Merry xmas rick..
I just had to get one more arris dig in before the end of the year!
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 220 of 769
4,355 Views

My Arris boxes are faster than ever on 2.0 pizzaman. Warp speed now. Takes a fraction of a second to load a full page worth of icons.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 221 of 769
4,325 Views

RickGr4 wrote:

My Arris boxes are faster than ever on 2.0 pizzaman. Warp speed now. Takes a fraction of a second to load a full page worth of icons.


So you already got firmware 2.0? Smiley Happy

 

I sure hope you are right and 2.0 really does finally speed up the Arris box to at least the same experience I have with the Pace boxes. Also are you seeing a lot of the Audio issues fixed like reported?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 222 of 769
4,323 Views

gate1975mlm wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

My Arris boxes are faster than ever on 2.0 pizzaman. Warp speed now. Takes a fraction of a second to load a full page worth of icons.


So you already got firmware 2.0? Smiley Happy

 

I sure hope you are right and 2.0 really does finally speed up the Arris box to at least the same experience I have with the the Pace boxes. Also are you seeingb a lot of the Audio issues fixed like reported?


1. Yes

 

2. Yes on my Pace greenie




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 223 of 769
4,317 Views

RobertWy wrote:

gate1975mlm wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

My Arris boxes are faster than ever on 2.0 pizzaman. Warp speed now. Takes a fraction of a second to load a full page worth of icons.


So you already got firmware 2.0? Smiley Happy

 

I sure hope you are right and 2.0 really does finally speed up the Arris box to at least the same experience I have with the the Pace boxes. Also are you seeingb a lot of the Audio issues fixed like reported?


1. Yes

 

2. Yes on my Pace greenie


curious if your 2.0 long-exit down down 2/3 still work. My son is visiting for Christmas at dau-in-law's parents home. They have X1 +2 companions but only x1 was working others can see recordings but not play. The long press on exit he showed me on facetime just cycled the progress bar with 'menu' (like << >> live cc) on and off while pressing. He never got the submenu. The problem was techs had installed at wll outlet POE filters on each device. Removed all and rebooted. whole home was working then. Too many contractors/techs still don't understand 'plant' wiring for x1 systems.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 224 of 769
4,279 Views
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 225 of 769
4,278 Views
Has anyone got the "all free movie in red shortcut" to work in the xod menu? It has been broken about two months now...
even if you guys don't use it could everyone just test it...also report what model dvr it works or doesn't work on?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 226 of 769
4,268 Views

Workin fine here Shane. It always has and I just tried it again...


gotpizza wrote:
Has anyone got the "all free movie in red shortcut" to work in the xod menu? It has been broken about two months now...
even if you guys don't use it could everyone just test it...also report what model dvr it works or doesn't work on?

 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 227 of 769
4,265 Views
Just for more claifcation. The issue is with the red short cut labled "all free movies by genre" . Once entering the shortcut bouncing lines will appear for about three seconds then you will be left with only wallpaper. .
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 228 of 769
4,262 Views

Tested again (just for you...LOL). Its workin fine here.

 


gotpizza wrote:
Just for more claifcation. The issue is with the red short cut labled "all free movies by genre" . Once entering the shortcut bouncing lines will appear for about three seconds then you will be left with only wallpaper. .

 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 229 of 769
4,241 Views

RickGr4 wrote:

Workin fine here Shane. It always has and I just tried it again...


gotpizza wrote:
Has anyone got the "all free movie in red shortcut" to work in the xod menu? It has been broken about two months now...
even if you guys don't use it could everyone just test it...also report what model dvr it works or doesn't work on?

 


no still not working. previously you would see white divider lines being drawn and one under the other. Last time there was a thread on this I got directions to find that red box from the OP of that thread.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 230 of 769
4,235 Views

OK I just tried it AGAIN and it's working fime for me.

Maybe this is a Pace/Arris issue. Maybe it is a Cisco/Moto market issue. Maybe it is a regional/local network issue. I don't know.

Sorry boys but I cannot verify this. It is workin fine for me.


 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 231 of 769
4,224 Views
Sounds like a similar explanation to why I have a channel that brings up the OLD X1 interface Smiley Happy
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 232 of 769
4,195 Views

scjohnson312 wrote:
Sounds like a similar explanation to why I have a channel that brings up the OLD X1 interface Smiley Happy

scjohnson312 wrote:
Sounds like a similar explanation to why I have a channel that brings up the OLD X1 interface Smiley Happy

Which channel?

Way OT here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 233 of 769
4,159 Views

gotpizza wrote:
Just for more claifcation. The issue is with the red short cut labled "all free movies by genre" . Once entering the shortcut bouncing lines will appear for about three seconds then you will be left with only wallpaper. .

ok tried on all 3 of my pace x1 dvrs. the 2 blueies have the problem (no info at all shown). the greenie has normal list. all are on 1.47.20 same 1. firmware. so it is 'the blueie' pace only that has the problem? 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 234 of 769
4,154 Views

RobertWy wrote:

scjohnson312 wrote:
Sounds like a similar explanation to why I have a channel that brings up the OLD X1 interface Smiley Happy

scjohnson312 wrote:
Sounds like a similar explanation to why I have a channel that brings up the OLD X1 interface Smiley Happy

Which channel?

Way OT here.

 

 


Channel 993 in my area.. It says "Universal Orlando" in the Guide, but clicking it results in this ancient artifact (2012 Olympics!) appearing..

 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 235 of 769
3,982 Views

Yeah my X1 serivce is out and has been out for a few days. Checked all the connections and trouuble shooting guides provided and not getting any where. Here i am trying to get some service but not having the best luck. hoping to get this resovlved today.

 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 236 of 769
3,887 Views

Any update on the 2.0 release? I'd love to see my sync issue gone Smiley Happy

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 237 of 769
3,880 Views

2themax wrote:

Any update on the 2.0 release? I'd love to see my sync issue gone Smiley Happy


I think I read it was expected to be released around January.15,2015?

 

So next week perhaps unless it's been delayed?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 238 of 769
3,878 Views

Anxiously awaiting 2.0 as well!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 239 of 769
3,810 Views

When is issue 2 going to be fixed?

 

I have to have digital audio out from xfinity x1 cable box to surround sound to get sound to be surround sound. I can't use digital output from TV as I used to be able to do which means I can't use any other HDMI on TV and get surround sound. when will this be fixed?

 

Worked with old cable box.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 240 of 769
3,790 Views

The X1 service is the WORSE CABLE SERVICE EVER! I live in Maryland and the service goes out weekly. My bill is 205 a month and yet I cant enjoy it because its unreliable. Right now; 9:33pm EST, I cannot use my On Demand Service. I've been trying to watch American Horror Story on Demand for an hour and when I select it, all I get is a dim screen and three white dots.  The TVs (2 out of 3) in my home are always "connecting to your live entertainment". This is ridiculous! I plan to call Comcast at the end of the month (since I already paid the bill for this month) and ask that they come and get this out of my home! I will go with Verizon or regular comcast cable. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Wifi is always "limited". WTH? Limited? How is it that I can't get a strong signal on a WiFi service that is in my home????!!! I'm so frustrated with this X1 service that I want to throw it out of the nearest window!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 241 of 769
3,788 Views

What does this have to do with X1 audio issues? You are probably in the wrong thread.

However it sure sounds like you have a global connection issue with Comcast and you need to get a tech out to your house to address your signal issues.


 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 242 of 769
3,763 Views

I am having an intermittent audio issue only on one channel and just thought I'd start here.

 

While watching my local CBS channel, WTVF channel 5 in Nashville (My most watched channel, by the way), I sometimes get audio only through the right front speaker with a lot of "effects". The audio is very low and sounds like it has a lot of reverb. I have the X1 set to "Surround" and the I'm using the digital audio into my Sony receiver. I have reset the box several times with no change. It does it on live TV or watching DVR recordings from this channel.

 

This only happens on this one channel. Anyone else with this or a similar issue? Do I need to post somewhere else?

 

Thanks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 243 of 769
3,719 Views

Scott53 wrote:

I am having an intermittent audio issue only on one channel and just thought I'd start here.

 

While watching my local CBS channel, WTVF channel 5 in Nashville (My most watched channel, by the way), I sometimes get audio only through the right front speaker with a lot of "effects". The audio is very low and sounds like it has a lot of reverb. I have the X1 set to "Surround" and the I'm using the digital audio into my Sony receiver. I have reset the box several times with no change. It does it on live TV or watching DVR recordings from this channel.

 

This only happens on this one channel. Anyone else with this or a similar issue? Do I need to post somewhere else?

 

Thanks.


Sorry, I can't help you, but I would like to add my frustration with CBS here in the good ole Twin Cities of Minnesota. The affiliate is WCCO. Shows on the channel, and only that channel, especially during NFL football games have a staticy sound. Especially when the announcer is talking. How I KNOW it is WCCO, is because I can switch to NFL Redzone with the same exact game being shown and there is NO static in the announcers voice. Switch back to WCCO, and static again.

 

I told a service tech about it once, but he basically treated my like a dummy... like I don't work on technology for a living, and haven't throughly tested my theory. He said he'd "let an engineer know," which I doubt ever happened.

 

ComcastNeal,

 How does something like this even get to the right department?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 244 of 769
3,717 Views

Contact WCCO and ask to speak to their audio engineer.

The true test would be to flip back and forth between Comcast and an OTA antenna (which I can do but haven't tried).

Comcast is simply repeating what they are receiving. I highly doubt this falls to Comcat to fix.


RudyRoo wrote:

Scott53 wrote:

I am having an intermittent audio issue only on one channel and just thought I'd start here.

 

While watching my local CBS channel, WTVF channel 5 in Nashville (My most watched channel, by the way), I sometimes get audio only through the right front speaker with a lot of "effects". The audio is very low and sounds like it has a lot of reverb. I have the X1 set to "Surround" and the I'm using the digital audio into my Sony receiver. I have reset the box several times with no change. It does it on live TV or watching DVR recordings from this channel.

 

This only happens on this one channel. Anyone else with this or a similar issue? Do I need to post somewhere else?

 

Thanks.


Sorry, I can't help you, but I would like to add my frustration with CBS here in the good ole Twin Cities of Minnesota. The affiliate is WCCO. Shows on the channel, and only that channel, especially during NFL football games have a staticy sound. Especially when the announcer is talking. How I KNOW it is WCCO, is because I can switch to NFL Redzone with the same exact game being shown and there is NO static in the announcers voice. Switch back to WCCO, and static again.

 

I told a service tech about it once, but he basically treated my like a dummy... like I don't work on technology for a living, and haven't throughly tested my theory. He said he'd "let an engineer know," which I doubt ever happened.

 

ComcastNeal,

 How does something like this even get to the right department?


 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 245 of 769
3,708 Views

Good point. Pretty sure this goes beyond Comcast and may require some collaborating between WCCO and Comcast, which seems daunting to get anywhere when it is just one little subscriber complaining. A person doesn't even notice if they are using TV speakers or even a small surround set up. Another test would be to ask a Charter, DirectTV or Dish subscriber with medium to high end audio if they experience the problem.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 246 of 769
3,706 Views

At one point, WCCO's audio engineers were easily accessible. I have spoken to them in the past.

I recently noticed audio problems on WCCO/CBS at a DirecTV customers house.

Like I said, I highly doubt this falls to Comcast to fix...


RudyRoo wrote:

Good point. Pretty sure this goes beyond Comcast and may require some collaborating between WCCO and Comcast, which seems daunting to get anywhere when it is just one little subscriber complaining. A person doesn't even notice if they are using TV speakers or even a small surround set up. Another test would be to ask a Charter, DirectTV or Dish subscriber with medium to high end audio if they experience the problem.





Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 247 of 769
3,678 Views
If you can post a video clip showing the issue on youtube I know exactly who to get it to...



Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 248 of 769
3,629 Views

dcnatural wrote:

The X1 service is the WORSE CABLE SERVICE EVER! I live in Maryland and the service goes out weekly. My bill is 205 a month and yet I cant enjoy it because its unreliable. Right now; 9:33pm EST, I cannot use my On Demand Service. I've been trying to watch American Horror Story on Demand for an hour and when I select it, all I get is a dim screen and three white dots.  The TVs (2 out of 3) in my home are always "connecting to your live entertainment". This is ridiculous! I plan to call Comcast at the end of the month (since I already paid the bill for this month) and ask that they come and get this out of my home! I will go with Verizon or regular comcast cable. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Wifi is always "limited". WTH? Limited? How is it that I can't get a strong signal on a WiFi service that is in my home????!!! I'm so frustrated with this X1 service that I want to throw it out of the nearest window!


Comcast X1 is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get.

 

Day to Day our X1 experience is different. Some days it works fine and other days it's a complete nightmare. I wonder sometimes if it will always be this way?

 

 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 249 of 769
3,593 Views
Hi Neal

Haven't had a chance to read all of the numerous posts. But I have an issue related to audio settings and my Denon AVR. When I go into audio settings and select surround my receiver and the X1 negotiate and my receiver displays Dolby. The sound is great and life is good. However when I'm watching a recording and jump back 15 seconds or fast-forward, the receiver and the X1 box renegotiate and it will not go back to Dolby. This was not always the case. So there was some type of software update to the X1 box that has injected this issue. Can you please advise? I've tried changing many many many settings in the Denon and cannot find a solution that is workable. I realize I could probably go to the optical interface, but is that really the best solution? My reason for buying an HDMI based receiver was to avoid having separate audio and video cables.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 250 of 769
3,574 Views

I suspect you have a older green light Pace DVR and hopefully the upcoming 2.0 firmware update will fix this. However, if you have a Pace green light DVR I would swap it with an Arris. Also, if you haven't checked your signal levels I would do that. 

FYI all of this information is discussed in this forum on a daily basis so you might want to free up minute to do some reading...


gmtivo wrote:
Hi Neal

Haven't had a chance to read all of the numerous posts. But I have an issue related to audio settings and my Denon AVR. When I go into audio settings and select surround my receiver and the X1 negotiate and my receiver displays Dolby. The sound is great and life is good. However when I'm watching a recording and jump back 15 seconds or fast-forward, the receiver and the X1 box renegotiate and it will not go back to Dolby. This was not always the case. So there was some type of software update to the X1 box that has injected this issue. Can you please advise? I've tried changing many many many settings in the Denon and cannot find a solution that is workable. I realize I could probably go to the optical interface, but is that really the best solution? My reason for buying an HDMI based receiver was to avoid having separate audio and video cables.