Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Audio - How does it work and what should I expect?

SOLVED
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 151 of 769

RonTalley wrote:

Hello,

It was suggested that I post this question here.

I have a Sony DVD Home Theater System DAV-DZ170 and an XR5 v4-U remote. The remote will not control the Sony HTS with the listed codes given by Comcast. All I need is volume controls. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.

When I purchased that remote from the Comcast Store, it came with a Uuser's Guide that had many, many, codes for lots of devices.  Did you get it?

I couldn't find a pdf online for it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 152 of 769

RobertWy wrote:

RonTalley wrote:

Hello,

I have a Sony DVD Home Theater System DAV-DZ170 and an XR5 v4-U remote. The remote will not control the Sony HTS with the listed codes given by Comcast. All I need is volume controls. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.

When I purchased that remote from the Comcast Store, it came with a Uuser's Guide that had many, many, codes for lots of devices.  Did you get it?

Awesome Thanks!!! The code was 31939. Now it all works as it should.

All power turns off TV and Sony HT. Volume controls Sony and I can change the inputs on my TV! Nothing more I need out of the setup.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 153 of 769

http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

I am sure a Comcast store would give you a printed copy. Funny put I did not find a pdf for the XR2 on my first search but I did find this: https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

It's not the XR2 but I'll bet the codes are similar.

There is a manual code search process.

FYI, the Comcast remotes have notoriously poor support for the type of system you have...

RobertWy wrote:

RonTalley wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 154 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

I am sure a Comcast store would give you a printed copy. Funny put I did not find a pdf for the XR2 on my first search but I did find this: https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

It's not the XR2 but I'll bet the codes are similar.

There is a manual code search process.

FYI, the Comcast remotes have notoriously poor support for the type of system you have...

That pdf does not have the more current codes found in the XR5 User's Guide I have.  For instance, it doesn't have the correct code for my Onkyo receiver.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 155 of 769

smartphone app xfinity my account (select TV, setup your remote) seems to have a lot of codes and a nice interface for picking the code.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 156 of 769

Rustyben wrote:

smartphone app xfinity my account (select TV, setup your remote) seems to have a lot of codes and a nice interface for picking the code.

It doesn't have the correct code for my Onkyo receiver.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 157 of 769

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

It doesn't have the correct code for my Onkyo receiver.

We are having a database issue right now for IR codes online AND in the app.  We are working to fix the issue now.  Thanks.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 158 of 769

I have my X1 box hooked up via HDMI to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver is then connected via HDMI to my Panasonic plasma tv.  Every day, when I turn the system on the picture and DVR playback works, however there is no sound. Maddening. I go into "options / device settings / restart this device" and the sound works after the box reboots / resets. If anyone has a solution. To this I would appreciate it!  Not sure how to tell what type of x1 box I have.  The front just says "xfinity" and the stickers or back doesn't list manufacturer that I can tell.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 159 of 769

zippychimp wrote:

I have my X1 box hooked up via HDMI to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver is then connected via HDMI to my Panasonic plasma tv.  Every day, when I turn the system on the picture and DVR playback works, however there is no sound. Maddening. I go into "options / device settings / restart this device" and the sound works after the box reboots / resets. If anyone has a solution. To this I would appreciate it!  Not sure how to tell what type of x1 box I have.  The front just says "xfinity" and the stickers or back doesn't list manufacturer that I can tell.  

the model is under the power circle button. Have you tried just hitting the power button (putting the box in standby) wait 5 seconds and hit button again waking it up?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 160 of 769

zippychimp wrote:

I had to replace the remote that came with my X1 DVR with this one which supports a/v receivers:

http://store.comcast.com/detail.php?p=628532&v=comcast_accessories

It handles my Samsung TV and my Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver.

There are other options, including the Harmony 650 and this one at BestBuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/one-for-all-4-device-universal-remote/1731147.p?id=1219061847546&skuId=1...

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 161 of 769
Hi zippychimp. I'm going to ask the team to look at your logs today and see what's really happening here.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 162 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi gate1975mim.  I'll put two boxes (Arris and Pace) and TVs side by side next week and take a look at performance differences and report my findings to the X1 team for review.  I'll also test with 1.3.5 vs 2.0 firmware and let you know what I find.  Thanks for the report!

Hi ComcastNeal,

Did you ever get a chance to put both boxes side by side? And if so did you notice that the UI on the Arris box is slower and more sluggish? Justhopingperhaps Firmware 2.0 would also fix the Sluggishness on the Arris box as well.

Thanks

gate1975mlm

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 163 of 769

Hi gate1975mlm.  I have a Pace XG1 and Arris XG1 side by side right now and don't see much of a difference.  What I can say is that the two boxes DO have different chipsets so perhaps this is attributing to what you're seeing.  So you're aware, both Arris and Pace are running 2.0 here for my testing.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 164 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi gate1975mlm.  I have a Pace XG1 and Arris XG1 side by side right now and don't see much of a difference.  What I can say is that the two boxes DO have different chipsets so perhaps this is attributing to what you're seeing.  So you're aware, both Arris and Pace are running 2.0 here for my testing.

Ok thanks for that info.

If when I get Firmware 2.0 and the Arris box is stil sluggish maybe I can see if I get it replaced for another Pace box. That's of course as long as the Audio cut out issues are fixed on the Pace box with the 2.0 Firmware.

The only reason I had my Pace box repleased with the Arris box in the first place was because it fixed the Audio cut out issue.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 165 of 769

let me know how I can help.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 166 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Thanks i will.

I do have one more question for you ComcastNeal if that's ok Smiley Happy

If I remember correctly I have not had the pace box hooked up to my Denon for a while but I remember noticing that with a Pace box my Denon 5.1 receiver would always stay on "Dobly D" even when switching to a channel that was not broadcasting 5.1 audio. On these non 5.1 audio programs I think they should be coming out as stereo left and right front speakers and my Denon should be displaying  "DPL II" because it coverts it to Dolby Pro Logic II but that is not the case.

With the Arris box however my Denon 5.1 receiver does in fact switch from "Dobly D" to "DPL II" when a non 5.1 program is switched to. And I do get Stereo converted to Dolby Pro Logic II.

Are you aware of this and does Firmware 2.0 also fix this issue on the Pace box?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 167 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal, my big question is if the sluggishness on the RNG150s has been improved in 2.0, since those are notorious for not being nearly as smooth an experience as XG1s.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 168 of 769
Wow, nice. Thanks kindly for the information and honest, frank answers.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 169 of 769

gate1975mlm wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

Thanks i will.

I do have one more question for you ComcastNeal if that's ok Smiley Happy

If I remember correctly I have not had the pace box hooked up to my Denon for a while but I remember noticing that with a Pace box my Denon 5.1 receiver would always stay on "Dobly D" even when switching to a channel that was not broadcasting 5.1 audio. On these non 5.1 audio programs I think they should be coming out as stereo left and right front speakers and my Denon should be displaying  "DPL II" because it coverts it to Dolby Pro Logic II but that is not the case.

With the Arris box however my Denon 5.1 receiver does in fact switch from "Dobly D" to "DPL II" when a non 5.1 program is switched to. And I do get Stereo converted to Dolby Pro Logic II.

Are you aware of this and does Firmware 2.0 also fix this issue on the Pace box?

Ah yes.  You've touched on another issue directly related to Arris.  The Pace box will output DD2.0 if the programming supports it, otherwise, it switches to PCM2.0.  The Arris box (with 1.3.4 firmware only) has an issue where DD2.0 is not being output but it's moving to PCM2.0 instead.  So the "Issue" is acutally correct with Pace, but will be fixed in 2.0 on Arris.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 170 of 769

You may notice some improvements with your RNG150 boxes but it's a lower "horsepower" box.  The next big step for us is Xi3 as a "companion" box.  It is a higher powered box and supports internet apps as well.  It has no cable card built in but instead uses MoCA to communicate with the video gateway (XG1) via IP for UI, video, and apps.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 171 of 769

Though I have seen similar issues reading through this thread, I want to add my situation for both surround sound and audio drop outs.  I have an X1 box with a green power ring.

About info:

Release Version:  Xappl-XRE47P19

XRE Server Version:  1.47.19  11/18/2014 15:07

XRE Protocol Version:  2.8.0

Receiver:  Native Version 1.3.4

STB Timestamp:  Fri Nov 7 07:23:41 2014

STB Version:  PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse

My setup is the X1 is connected via HDMI to an Emotiva XMC-1 processor (separate amps).  HDMI pass through is turned off.  HDMI CEC is turned off for all devices.

HDMI from XMC-1 to Panasonic display.  X1 is left powered on always from comcast recommendation.

Issue 1: Surround setting returns to stereo every night even though setting still says surround.  This is confirmed by my processor saying PCM2.0 and sound only from FR/FL speakers.   In order to get back to surround I must set the X1 to stereo and then set surround again.  I could work around this if there were IR codes for surround and stereo by programming my logitech remote.  Do such codes exist???  Hopefully this is fixed in 2.0.

Issue 2:  the sound drops out (just for a second or two) on average 6 times in a 2 hour viewing window.  This only occurs with the X1 as the source.  This is by far the uglier issue.  Quote from wife: " you spend thousands on HT system and it sounds terrible".  This occurs in both stereo and surround modes. To my way of thinking, delivering glitch free video and audio is the number 1 priority for a service such as Xfinity.  If you cannot do this, then nothing else matters, game over.
Thanks in advance for addressing these issues.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 172 of 769

How much more money will it cost us comsumers to get the higher horsepower "companion" add on???

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 173 of 769

multicore wrote:

Though I have seen similar issues reading through this thread, I want to add my situation for both surround sound and audio drop outs.  I have an X1 box with a green power ring.

About info:

Release Version:  Xappl-XRE47P19

XRE Server Version:  1.47.19  11/18/2014 15:07

XRE Protocol Version:  2.8.0

Receiver:  Native Version 1.3.4

STB Timestamp:  Fri Nov 7 07:23:41 2014

STB Version:  PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse

My setup is the X1 is connected via HDMI to an Emotiva XMC-1 processor (separate amps).  HDMI pass through is turned off.  HDMI CEC is turned off for all devices.

HDMI from XMC-1 to Panasonic display.  X1 is left powered on always from comcast recommendation.

Issue 1: Surround setting returns to stereo every night even though setting still says surround.  This is confirmed by my processor saying PCM2.0 and sound only from FR/FL speakers.   In order to get back to surround I must set the X1 to stereo and then set surround again.  I could work around this if there were IR codes for surround and stereo by programming my logitech remote.  Do such codes exist??? No. But Comcast Neal has mentioned he is working on some new discreet/direct commands for people with better universal remotes. That being said, I doubt this would be one of them and if 2.0 fixes this issue then it should not matter.  Hopefully this is fixed in 2.0. Well known issue and is supposed to be fixed at some point with 2.0 but maybe not right away.

Issue 2:  the sound drops out (just for a second or two) on average 6 times in a 2 hour viewing window.  This only occurs with the X1 as the source.  This is by far the uglier issue.  Quote from wife: " you spend thousands on HT system and it sounds terrible".  This occurs in both stereo and surround modes. To my way of thinking, delivering glitch free video and audio is the number 1 priority for a service such as Xfinity.  If you cannot do this, then nothing else matters, game over.
Thanks in advance for addressing these issues. Comcast is trying to downplay Pace vs Arris issues however this is a Pace issue. Arris made X1 DVRs don't have this problem. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 174 of 769

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal

How much more money will it cost us comsumers to get the higher horsepower "companion" add on???

I would be surprised if Comcast charged anything for the Xi3.  I don't want it because I don't want to give up two tuners on my two X1 DVR's to drive it.  I have two RNG150\s.

I suspect not everyone will swap their RNG150's for them.  I DO expect them to be included in new X1 installations at some time.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 175 of 769

RickGr4 wrote: <snip> 

My blueie pace started that audio dropout (output not on live or recordings) when the trickplay sync voice to lips intermittent problem started. don't know if it is firmware or xre related. but when you can rewind live or recorded a few seconds and play back has the sound and if drops audio it is in a different spot. On mine it is hdmi direct to TV. Seems like that would a lab easy to isolate to version or firmware. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 176 of 769

RobertWy wrote:

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal

I would be surprised if Comcast charged anything for the Xi3.  I don't want it because I don't want to give up two tuners on my two X1 DVR's to drive it.  I have two RNG150\s.

I suspect not everyone will swap their RNG150's for them.  I DO expect them to be included in new X1 installations at some time.

I went over the tech specs on Xi3 at the comcast announcement and on pace's site. It appears to me that 'yes' the xi3 can request a recording but the xi3 appears to get its channels via IP only thru any available docsis 3 imbedded in x1 DVRs or in the future (actual design) the modem/gateway supplied by comcast. Comcast appears to want to use the xi3 at least at first as a new companion. I hope/trust/feel comcast will have the optional built in sd-card and optional sd-card external slot added and activated so that you can pause live TV and have a buffer when watching an IP feed. Time will tell of course.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 177 of 769

I agree with Robert. I currently do not have Companion boxes but I am not sure I would be ready to give up tuners. Also there was a hint that Trick Play would not be enabled when Xi3's launch.

Another issue I have is X1 DVRs and Xi3 boxes will not be in time sync with each other so if your house has open spaces like mine does that will be a big issue... My three Arris DVRs are in perfect sync with each other so I can leave the volume turned up anywhere and not worry about out of sync audio. That will NOT be the case with Xi3.

At this point, I have heard very little about Xi3 that would make me give up my three Arris DVRs.............

RobertWy wrote:

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 178 of 769

Thanks RickGr4.

One other point, I noticed it does not have to be overnight for the surround to switch to stereo.  If I shut down my processor and re-start 2 minutes later, the X1 will switch to stereo.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 179 of 769

Shut off power save on your X1 box and if your pre-amp (nice unit by the way, I am familiar with it) has any HDMI-CEC functions please turn them off. X1 boxes don't always responsed predictably to HDMI-CEC control....

multicore wrote:

Thanks RickGr4.

One other point, I noticed it does not have to be overnight for the surround to switch to stereo.  If I shut down my processor and re-start 2 minutes later, the X1 will switch to stereo.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 180 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

Shut off power save on your X1 box and if your pre-amp (nice unit by the way, I am familiar with it) has any HDMI-CEC functions please turn them off. X1 boxes don't always responsed predictably to HDMI-CEC control....

multicore wrote:

Thanks RickGr4.

Thanks again.   Power Save already off on X1.  HDMI-CEC already off on all devices (does CEC ever respond predictably?
I do like my XMC-1, I have an XPA-5 to go with it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 181 of 769

So good to know not to waste any more time trying to figure out why my Pioneer VSX1050 is showing 5 channnel but only producing stereo....

What time do you anticipate the bug being fixed?

Is there a list of receivers that do not have this bug?

I recently returned a sound bar since the sound was so inferior to my componet system. Shortly after I moved to X1. Very dissapointed that turned out to be a major step backwards from an audio perspectiveSmiley Sad

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 182 of 769

MarkS87722 wrote:

So good to know not to waste any more time trying to figure out why my Pioneer VSX1050 is showing 5 channnel but only producing stereo....

I recently returned a sound bar since the sound was so inferior to my componet system. Shortly after I moved to X1. Very dissapointed that turned out to be a major step backwards from an audio perspectiveSmiley Sad

be patient giving comcastneal a chance to get involved (tech for a/v and x1 on this forum thread). have you tried changing back to stereo, exit UI and put back in surround? does that get your surround working for the moment?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 183 of 769

Rusty brings up a good point. Toggling the box to stereo then back to surround will usually fix this until the next reboot.

The new 2.0 firmware does address this issue...

MarkS87722 wrote:

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 184 of 769

MarkS87722 wrote:

Sorry to hear you're having issues with surround.  As folks said here, we will be moving all X1 boxes to 2.0 firmware in the near future.  Your issue should be resolved after that push.  Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 185 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

You may notice some improvements with your RNG150 boxes but it's a lower "horsepower" box.  The next big step for us is Xi3 as a "companion" box.  It is a higher powered box and supports internet apps as well.  It has no cable card built in but instead uses MoCA to communicate with the video gateway (XG1) via IP for UI, video, and apps.

What about those of us who have no DVR service (no XG1)? Is there no roadmap for us yet?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 186 of 769

Obviously there are other things happening down the road but when you are dealing with Comcast NOTHING happens as soon as you would like it to.

The RNG-150N Companion boxes stink. But Comcast is commited to them. In the grand scheme of things, the more you use a DVR, the better X1 is. I highly doubt Comcast spent much time thinking about people who might want X1 but not have a DVR.

You might want to consider going back to a legacy HD Box...

scjohnson312 wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

What about those of us who have no DVR service (no XG1)? Is there no roadmap for us yet?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 187 of 769

thanks.  I will try that.  I have been looking at all the settings on the tv and the X1, but did not take the logical step of checking the blueray settings

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 188 of 769

I was recently at a friends house that just had a new DirecTV installation done. Her surround system was doing the same thing with a brand new Denon surround receiver. It was playing in stereo but indicating 5.1.

I came to the conclusion it was not a DirecTV or hardware issue. It was the BROADCAST ISSUE. In fact I Google searched it and found a great deal of reading material on the subject. It sounds like CBS may be one of the biggest culprits.

I am 98% sure what you noticed is not Comcast's fault.

FYI there is a known issue where X1 boxes revert to stereo after reboot. The box may still say it is in surround. All you need to do is toggle the surround/stereo selector and it will stick in surround until the next reboot. There is a fix on the way for this issue...

MarkS87722 wrote:

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 189 of 769

With respect to:

"FYI there is a known issue where X1 boxes revert to stereo after reboot. The box may still say it is in surround. All you need to do is toggle the surround/stereo selector and it will stick in surround until the next reboot. There is a fix on the way for this issue..."

I wanted to say that in my case the X1 box reverts to stereo every time my processor goes into standby (with HDMI pass through turned off).  Only work around I can think of (besides manually setting surround every time you want to watch something on cable) is to use a toslink cable for the audio.  Haven't tried this yet but will this coming weekend. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 190 of 769

Did you remember to shut off Power Save on your X1 box? That would explain this.

Your pre-amp is a higher end device than most of us have. Considering how wacky X1 boxes can be with HDMI, I would not expect your preamp to behave exactly the same as a typical Asian made AV receiver like most of us have...

multicore wrote:

With respect to:

"FYI there is a known issue where X1 boxes revert to stereo after reboot. The box may still say it is in surround. All you need to do is toggle the surround/stereo selector and it will stick in surround until the next reboot. There is a fix on the way for this issue..."

I wanted to say that in my case the X1 box reverts to stereo every time my processor goes into standby (with HDMI pass through turned off).  Only work around I can think of (besides manually setting surround every time you want to watch something on cable) is to use a toslink cable for the audio.  Haven't tried this yet but will this coming weekend. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 191 of 769

Yes, power save is off.

I don't have an explanation for the behavior I see.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 192 of 769
After reading your VERY helpful post, my faith AND my surround sound have been restored. It was indeed the Reciever hdmi settings that were my problem. Although I used to have surround and then 'lost' it (I never changed my Reciever settings until now) I changed the Sony Reciever hdmi setting to AMP & VOILA, CLEAN, CLEAR SURROUND SOUND!! Exactly the kind of tech response from Comcast I'd been looking for. Thanks for posting all of this to the forum. The other niggling issues with X1 I will live with hoping for firmware and software fixes. Again, THANK YOU!!
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 193 of 769
Happy to help. Your issue started when we started reading the EDID information. Glad things are working for you now!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 194 of 769
What if I am using the optical audio out from the X1 box? Will it output surround to my sound bar?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 195 of 769

In most cases yes it will. But there are three different X1 DVRs and all three have subtle differences in this regard. Using the optical connection for audio (not HDMI) you should be fairly safe...

That being said, outputting surround audio to a soundbar may not always be the best choice. Surround audio assumes you have rear speakers and soundbars usually don't have rear speakers. I would test both.

Daccmc wrote:
What if I am using the optical audio out from the X1 box? Will it output surround to my sound bar?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 196 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi manamok.  Sorry for my delay in responding to your post.  Thank you for the details in your post.  Issue 1 from your post is a known issue and we are currently working through it.  You should see this resolved after your STB Version moves to 2.0.x.  For issue 2, I will put this on my list to test in my lab environment with 3 Pace XG1 boxes next week.  I've been traveling for business and will be back in the office Thursday of next week so I'll try my best to get on this either Thursday or Friday next week.  Thanks again!

Neal,

Regarding post #41 - Any info for me?

Comcast tech finally got my MoCA rates up where they should be - no effect on my audio issues however.

manamok

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 197 of 769
Yes! I'm not seeing either of your issues on my 2.0 builds on any set top box model.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 198 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:
Yes! I'm not seeing either of your issues on my 2.0 builds on any set top box model.

Well that's a good sign.  Hopefully when the upgrade arrives here I will have the same experience.

Thanks for the encouraging info.

One more question - will 2.0 take care of the irritating problem with the Guide - where it keeps reverting back to the present when you're trying to go forward in time?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 199 of 769

@ComcastNeal

Another audio issue I have just noticed my Arris box was on another HDMI input and when I switched back to the Arris HDMI input my Denon Receiver said Stereo on the display and there was no sound at all. The channel was on WHYY2 257 when I switched to another channel the sound came back.

Hopefully this will also be fixd with 2.0.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 200 of 769

manamok wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

One more question - will 2.0 take care of the irritating problem with the Guide - where it keeps reverting back to the present when you're trying to go forward in time?

Man I sure hope that issue will be fixed soon.

I reported that very issue with my contact at Comcast about 6 weeks ago and he said it will definitely get fixed.