Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Audio - How does it work and what should I expect?

SOLVED
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 101 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

Do you have your X1 connected HDMI to your AV receiver??? Pandora seems to work fine when using the TOSLINK connection (this was fixed a couple months ago) but in my case Pandora does not work when using HDMI. I am not alone...

If you do use an HDMI connection and Pandora works when using HDMI and the box is set to surround, this could be a Pace vs. Arris issue.

There is another issue here. I want Pandora to work when the box is set to surround, but that does mean I want my receiver in surround mode when I am listening to two channel stereo audio. I am just enough of an audiophile that I prefer to listen to Pandora in stereo.

What my X1 box is failing to do (and probably the reason why this problem is occurring) is my X1 box is not "downmixing" surround audio to stereo. DVD players and Blu-ray players have had the ability to downmix for as long as I can remember. This appears to be just another X1 blunder...

Maybe your Pace greenie is downmixing properly...

Rustyben wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

Pandora does not work over HDMI when the box is set to surround. You either need to set the box to stereo or use a TOSLINK connection for audio.

Comcast Neal... Are you aware of this issue? I have a trouble ticket on this issue and was told a fix would be released 2nd week of October.

choniker wrote:

I set up the Pandora App on my X1, and Pandora starts up and shows that a song is playing, but I have no sound.  TV sound is fine,.  X1 Box is connected to my Bose system via HDMI 

when you say doesn't work I don't follow. My receiver shows Dolby 5.1 with pandora. If i change to stereo it shows PCM. The only one I have hooked up to a system is a greenie x1 pace.

Great news on the Pandora issue:  I just pushed the latest development build of 2.0 firmware to my Pace and Arris XG1.  With the boxes in surround mode the audio is now properly downmixed to stereo in the Pandora app.  I've also passed along your suggestion for a screensaver option from the app and we are working through a solution here as well.  The apps team loves the idea!  Thanks for all your feedback and please keep it coming!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 102 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi RobertWy.  Sorry for my delays here.  I've been traveling for the last two weeks.  I just checked your Pace XG1 and see that it's downloaded the most current version.  Thanks!

Looking forward to 2.x.

Regards,

Robert

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 103 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi gate1975mim.  Can you confirm you're still seeing this issue on your box?  Thanks!

Hi ComcastNeal,

Which issue would you like me to confirm?

If your talking about my Arris XG1 UI being slower and more sluggish then my Pace XG1 boxes then the answer is yes. I see this issue the most when bringing up the Recordings and schedules list. On the Pace boxes the list appears really smooth and fast where as on the Arris box the recordings appear slower and it does not look smooth and is more jumpy when the recordings appear.

Is that what you wanted me to confirm?

Or did you want me to confirm if my pace box listed as "Mike's Bedroom" still has the sound going off when playing a DVR recording and bringing up the Apps My Account App? If so then yes this still happens too.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 104 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

We are aware of the drop out issues and I haven't experienced any in 2.0 test firmware builds on Pace XG1, Arris XG1, RNG150, Xi3, or Pace XG1 v3 boxes.

I hope the sound dropouts fixes will include both Live, Recordings and On Demand programing Smiley Happy

Reason I say this is because while I do not get audio dropouts any longer with "Live" programing with my Arris XG1I do still get the audio dropouts in On Demand shows even with the Arris XG1. Like for example I heard it a few times when watching "The Voice" the other day from On Demand.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 105 of 769
Neal, will 2.0 put any more function back on the stb/dvr ? I mean be less server needy? For things like trick play etc..
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 106 of 769

Strange I had 2 very quick audio dropouts in the last hour watching the Eagles game on CBS with the Arris XG1 box Smiley Sad

Now make that 3 times as it just happend again. And I went back to the spot when I heard the audio cutoff and it did not cutoff a second time in the same spot.

I really hope firmware 2.0 will fix these audio dropouts once and for all.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 107 of 769

As many people in this forum know, I have three Arris DVRs. I have been a very vocal supporter of the Arris DVR however there are a few members of this forum who claim the Pace box is functionally faster and therefor a better X1 box.

I do NOT agree.

I have a very good friend that just got a Pace bluey about a month I have used his Pace bluey four times now including yesterday and today. I tested it with recordings. I tested it with live TV. I tested icon and tile loading times.

My observations:

1. The Pace bluey is NOT functionally faster. At least not in this market with the current firmware. It does not load tiles any faster. In fact my main Arris DVR may load On Demand tiles faster.
2. I have seen it mentioned in the forum before but I never had an issue with it so I didn't pay it much attention. When using my friends Pace bluey, I noticed some tiling when watching recordings. It was very minor but it was there.
3. The Pace bluey has the same problem my Arris DVRs have since firmware 1.3.4 rolled out. Surround sound does not stick after a reboot or turn on after a power save.

4. There may be an audio drop out problem with the Pace bluey...

I have said this before and I will say it again. The Arris DVR is the X1 box to have. It solves more problems and creates fewer problems.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 108 of 769
Rick your statement is illogical! The pace is faster..

As I have said before, I think you are not pushing the down arrow fast enough while in xod menu. With the Arris DVR , when moving too quickly the tiles will turn black. They are never black with the pace they are never black no matter how fast you move..
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 109 of 769

Sorry pizzaman. I have always thought you were wrong about this issue and now I have evidence.

Pizza, you are treating this like Consumer Reports does their testing. You are placing a great deal of value on something that doesn't matter in the real world. I just tested your scenario using both my Harmony 900 and an XR2 which is RF paired. If I scroll unrealistically fast, I see a black tile for less than one second and it's never the one that is centered on the screen. It's the one that is partially off the screen. If I scroll at a rate that a normal user would do under normal circumstances I never see a black tile. And the only time I was able to get a black tile was the first time I entered On Demand. If I went in a second time or third time I never saw a black tile no matter how fast I scrolled.

Sorry pizza but in my mind and what I can see, your test is a fail. You are not talking about real world usage. I have said this before and I will say it again. If there is a problem here (which I now know there isn't) X1 has far bigger fish to fry. This is insignificant. A DVR tiling during playback or a box not outputting surround sound when it says it is is a FAR bigger issue.

Sorry my friend but you and I are gonna continue to clash on this one. I think you are wrong.

gotpizza wrote:
Rick your statement is illogical! The pace is faster..

As I have said before, I think you are not pushing the down arrow fast enough while in xod menu. With the Arris DVR , when moving too quickly the tiles will turn black. They are never black with the pace they are never black no matter how fast you move..

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 110 of 769
When Comcast forces me to pass by a ton of useless movies so I can get to section that I want than I like most "normal" people would want to get there fast. The tiles should be instant, period! They are instant on my pace...

Gate understands me, and he is not the only one who has noticed. The Arris either has less processing power or less memory. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter the 5 year old uses my arris . when you go your buddys house next time try your "unrealistic" test on his, then you will understand better!

BTW I understand that you have been pushing the arris DVR for some time, that is fine with me. It is very likely that it has less audio issues than the green pace boxes. We can agree on that..
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 111 of 769

Hey Neal,

I suspect you know this already, but the Pandoa app, when connected to a Pioneer receiver will only generate audio whenthe X1 set top box has the device settings to Stereo.  If the X1 is set to  Surround Sound  there is now audio output.

Is this somethign that is being looked at for resolution>

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 112 of 769

Pizza,

We live on opposite ends of the country. We aren't connected to Comcast the same way. That creates variables we can't predict or adjust for. I am just telling you what I am seeing in my real world observations in my area.

Any differences in speed I am seeing between my Arris DVRs and my buddies Pace bluey are so doggon close that it would take a stop watch to figure them out. If it you would make you feel better, I will time them for you and post my results...

gotpizza wrote:
When Comcast forces me to pass by a ton of useless movies so I can get to section that I want than I like most "normal" people would want to get there fast. The tiles should be instant, period! They are instant on my pace...

Gate understands me, and he is not the only one who has noticed. The Arris either has less processing power or less memory. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter the 5 year old uses my arris . when you go your buddys house next time try your "unrealistic" test on his, then you will understand better!

BTW I understand that you have been pushing the arris DVR for some time, that is fine with me. It is very likely that it has less audio issues than the green pace boxes. We can agree on that..

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 113 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

RustyBen, your "Master Bedroom" Pace DVR was the only box that did not update to PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse.  It's downloading now.

comcastneal, it had dL 11 on the front for 6 hours rebooted it had all the issues of small picture upper left side no audio, still on p3s1 but now on .19. took all my tricks to get sound and regular picture on the screen. no joy on firmware update.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 114 of 769

playback and live dropouts are really really bad today don't know if it is (computer room) the 1.3.4p4s1 still on 1.47.18 

a quick rewind brings back audio after dropout but just does it again in a different place.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 115 of 769

Gotta love Pace products... You would need to pay me to put one in my house...

Rustyben wrote:

playback and live dropouts are really really bad today don't know if it is (computer room) the 1.3.4p4s1 still on 1.47.18 

a quick rewind brings back audio after dropout but just does it again in a different place.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 116 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

I was getting a lot of audio dropiuts this afternoon with my Arris box. But it still happens way less often then it does on the Pace.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 117 of 769

Rustyben wrote:

Rusty those early pace green DVRs are know to have modem issues. You may want to stick it on a outlet with a better signal. Most likely the modem has crapped out! Been there done that!

You could call and see if they could start the download again.......

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 118 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rick I agree in part. They just produced too many DVRs too quickly last summer and fall, even Comcast will tell you that many off them were not passing QC!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 119 of 769

gotpizza wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rusty those early pace green DVRs are know to have modem issues. You may want to stick it on a outlet with a better signal. Most likely the modem has crapped out! Been there done that!

You could call and see if they could start the download again.......

the greenie (on sound system) never has a problem. this one (and the one that can't seem to complete the p4s1 firmware download/upgrade) are having the sound 'skip' problem. my first experience but has been constant in last 3 days. just had a tech visit, nice guy, wasn't impressed that he didn't know if cable is unplugged on a working box that the unit is 'dead' (can't play recorded stuff).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 120 of 769

audio dropout is still awful. But I noticed something. show is Mulaney, watching on 'computer room', response is very laggy like most weekend 'busy' nights (server must be super overloaded on accepting trick plays). I noticed that when the sound is 'off' although the Closed caption works the speed of the video is a 'bit' slow they are clapping on a plane and it looks like 3/5 slow motion or something. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 121 of 769

Rustyben wrote:

audio dropout is still awful. But I noticed something. show is Mulaney, watching on 'computer room', response is very laggy like most weekend 'busy' nights (server must be super overloaded on accepting trick plays). I noticed that when the sound is 'off' although the Closed caption works the speed of the video is a 'bit' slow they are clapping on a plane and it looks like 3/5 slow motion or something. 

I love that show BTW. I hope it it does not get canceled! You know how fox is with dumping shows that are good. Firefly, dollhouse, almost human etc....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 122 of 769

Just as a point of reference, I used to get audio dropouts with live and VOD and my Pace greenie last year.

I no longer get audio dropouts.  I think that is because I have a solid signal to the plant.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 123 of 769

Just wondering if there are any known issues with connecting a Motorola x1

box to an older non hdmi receiver using the optical audio out port? Using hdmi to

Connect  box to Samsung 3d tv.

XRE 1.47.19

STB MX011AN_1.3.4p5s4_PRODse 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 124 of 769

Other than your DVR will go back to stereo after a reboot, it should work fine.

MadMangs wrote:

Just wondering if there are any known issues with connecting a Motorola x1

box to an older non hdmi receiver using the optical audio out port? Using hdmi to

Connect  box to Samsung 3d tv.

XRE 1.47.19

STB MX011AN_1.3.4p5s4_PRODse 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 125 of 769

Not ideal but I can live with it for awhile.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 126 of 769

Comcast is aware. Fix is on the way.

MadMangs wrote:

Not ideal but I can live with it for awhile.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 127 of 769
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 128 of 769

Hi Neal,

I am a new X1 user (just over a month) and I am seeing a reoccurring issue with audio out of sync with video. I only see this on some shows and it tends to be the same shows. Are you aware of this? One show I can remember right off is "Flash".

Thanks,

Steve

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 129 of 769

Sundance2014 wrote:

Hi Neal,

I am a new X1 user (just over a month) and I am seeing a reoccurring issue with audio out of sync with video. I only see this on some shows and it tends to be the same shows. Are you aware of this? One show I can remember right off is "Flash".

Thanks,

Steve

Hopefully, XRE 2.x will have a fix for this.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 130 of 769

Comcast Andrew won't respond to this issue...not sure why but it would be nice for them help  their customers through an obvious problem rather than just ignore posts like they're not there.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 131 of 769

16craig wrote:

Comcast Andrew won't respond to this issue...not sure why but it would be nice for them help  their customers through an obvious problem rather than just ignore posts like they're not there.

this is comcastNeal's thread and he may be off for thanksgiving. he specifically works with x1 to receiver/tv audio issues.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 132 of 769
Comcast Andrew won't respond to this issue...not sure why but it would be nice for them help their customers through an obvious problem rather than just ignore posts like they're not there.

What kind of response would you like? ComcastNeal is doing an outstanding job on this thread/issue, anything I have to add would just be repetitive.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 133 of 769

If firmware 2.0 does what Neal has suggested it will do, I believe it will address the audio sync issue.

16craig wrote:

Posted by
Contributor

Message 134 of 769

ComcastAndrew,

I would like to know what Comcast is doing to fix the problem. I don't think thats too much to ask...

Are you saying that there is an update that I haven't received to my settop box? If not, Is there an update coming to fix the problem and when will that happen?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 135 of 769

No response from Comcast Neal on your question yet got pizza?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 136 of 769

Craig,

Don't make things more difficult than they already are. Comcast employees are very limited and very cautious about what they can say here. X1 is Comcast's top secret baby. Comcast Andrew is a rock star but this isn't his work area. I am guessing he knows the same as what has been posted in this forum. However this IS Comcast Neal's work area of and his area of expertize. If you want more info, send Neal a private message. I am sure Neal will tell you what he can but please don't try to "out" Comcast employees here.

I will tell you some of what I have been told. Comcast decided on a "global" rewrite of the firmware vs. a continuing string of patches and updates. Because of this decision, we may not receive firmware 2.0 until sometime into early next year. I sense Comcast is just beginning to field test 2.0. Neal has been testing it he makes it sound very promising.

Like I said, feel free to PM Neal. He is a chatty and responsive guy. I am sure he will tell you what he can. If what I have said here and what Neal tells you aren't good enough for you, I am sure Comcast can track down some legacy boxes for you...

16craig wrote:

ComcastAndrew,

I would like to know what Comcast is doing to fix the problem. I don't think thats too much to ask...

Are you saying that there is an update that I haven't received to my settop box? If not, Is there an update coming to fix the problem and when will that happen?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 137 of 769

gotpizza wrote:
Neal, will 2.0 put any more function back on the stb/dvr ? I mean be less server needy? For things like trick play etc..

Hi gotpizza.  Sorry I missed this question.  X1 Platform will continue to rely on the cloud for all key presses and functions even after 2.0.  We are making improvements in several areas with the implimentation of 2.0.x code but the overall concept and inner-workings are staying put!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 138 of 769

Rick,

PMing mods doesn't help everyone who may have the same issues and are seeking an answer.

By asking questions to mods in private becomes self serving and not for the good of the rest of the people in the forum.

Again, I am asking very simple questions that deserve some sort of an answer and not ignored for weeks. If you call into Comcast all you get is some girl in the Phillipines who tells you she has never heard of the problem(s)... tells you someone will call you back in 48 hours but, alas, no response comes back to you.

So Comcast starts a forum to help people who want/expect their flagship platform to work as advertised. Its Comcast who tells you how great the platform is through advertising, but yet it doesn't work like they tell you it should in the media.

Are you saying that's something we as consumers to a service should not expect? Should we just lay down, let them charge us for a service we are not getting and just say  "oh well, its top secret, I'll just keep paying for the things that don't either work, or were taken away from us for no reason(slo-mo, which still doesn't work)"

I am not making anything more difficult but again, just trying to get answers to some issues that don't work and that I continue pay for.

If Comcast mods are so limited and have to be cautious, one thinks they should get rid of the forum if they can't reply to some very easy questions because their hands are tied.

I suggest to you, as just a customer in this forum, that you let the mods answer the questions they are being asked instead of constantly shining their shoes. This is a service we all pay ALLOT of money for and we ALL should expect results instead of just saying "oh well, they'll get around to it someday...maybe...

Have a great day.

Come on Comcast, rise up, thats all we want.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 139 of 769

ComcastNeal,

So when is the 2.0 update coming to us?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 140 of 769

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal,

Hi 16craig.  I don't have dates for you but we are working hard to release 2.0 soon!  As for your slow motion concerns, please detail what you expectations are and what you fee lis not working.  I'll follow up with the X1 team and let you know where we stand.  Thanks.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 141 of 769

Basically we want back the full function slo-mo like we used to have in Sept. on X1 and the legacy boxes still have.

You used to be able to, while using football to see a replay as an example...

While in play mode, Press pause button.

press reverse and it would slo-mo in reverse.

press forward and it would slo-mo in forward.

You used to be able to toggle between slo-mo  forward and reverse by pressing each button and it would stay in slo-mo mode the entire time.

Now you only have slo-mo forward or half of the functionality back.

Example,

While in play mode, Press reverse.

It fast reverses.

press pause,

press forward,

now your in slo-mo forward

press reverse and it now jumps out of slo-mo mode and into fast reverse.

You can't toggle between slo-mo forward and slo-mo reverse anymore.

Again, this was old legacy technology that was a GREAT feature for watching sports. Now in the new 21st century state of the art X1 platform, they took that fantastic technology completely away for no reason.

When people complained about it completely disapearing for no reason from their box, Comcast realized they made a mistake but when fixing it, only returned 1/2 the functionality, slo-mo forward only.

This problem goes all the way back into September and we still don't know when full function is coming back or even if it is.

Comcast engineers patted themselves on their backs for returning only half of a great feature.

People want to know whats going on with it.

Thanks for your time and hopefully an answer for all to see.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 142 of 769

I'm not saying your wrong. It's simply that I have been around here FAR longer than you have and I think I understand the politics quite a bit better than you do.

I pay just as much or more than you or anyone else here. I have expectations for service just like the next person does. I am not shining anyone's shoes. I am trying to point out the handful of Comcast employees that have stepped up their communication from where it was in the past. It's better than where it was and quite honestly calling out Comcast employees by name and trying to bully answers from them could very well send them back into their shells. I for one (I highly doubt I am alone) appreciate that things have improved over the past few months.

You have strong opinions and you are entitled to them. But my opinion is that you should slow down, take some time to learn what you can impact and what you can't (note that Neal responded to you yet gave you less info than I did) and learn the politics of the forum.

You aren't gonna change the fact that info in regards to X1 is tightly held. This isn't the place to complain. Call retention or executive relations. Send an email to the "customer care line". Find out the names of Comcast employees in higher positions and contact them privately. That's what I did...

16craig wrote:

Rick,

PMing mods doesn't help everyone who may have the same issues and are seeking an answer.

By asking questions to mods in private becomes self serving and not for the good of the rest of the people in the forum.

Again, I am asking very simple questions that deserve some sort of an answer and not ignored for weeks. If you call into Comcast all you get is some girl in the Phillipines who tells you she has never heard of the problem(s)... tells you someone will call you back in 48 hours but, alas, no response comes back to you.

So Comcast starts a forum to help people who want/expect their flagship platform to work as advertised. Its Comcast who tells you how great the platform is through advertising, but yet it doesn't work like they tell you it should in the media.

Are you saying that's something we as consumers to a service should not expect? Should we just lay down, let them charge us for a service we are not getting and just say  "oh well, its top secret, I'll just keep paying for the things that don't either work, or were taken away from us for no reason(slo-mo, which still doesn't work)"

I am not making anything more difficult but again, just trying to get answers to some issues that don't work and that I continue pay for.

If Comcast mods are so limited and have to be cautious, one thinks they should get rid of the forum if they can't reply to some very easy questions because their hands are tied.

I suggest to you, as just a customer in this forum, that you let the mods answer the questions they are being asked instead of constantly shining their shoes. This is a service we all pay ALLOT of money for and we ALL should expect results instead of just saying "oh well, they'll get around to it someday...maybe...

Have a great day.

Come on Comcast, rise up, thats all we want.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 143 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal,

Hi 16craig.  I don't have dates for you but we are working hard to release 2.0 soon!  As for your slow motion concerns, please detail what you expectations are and what you fee lis not working.  I'll follow up with the X1 team and let you know where we stand.  Thanks.

Why on trick play from PAUSE is Slo-mo only one speed, about 3/5 speed. It appears that the 2-2-3 frame repeat is just doing 3-3-3  Related, why not use from PAUSE the Channel UP/Down as a jog frame shuttle? and who in their right mind thought that if you were on Slo-mo that you would want a press of play pause to not pause? Play should only 'start' again from being paused. Speed of Slo-mo while playing Slo-mo be controlled by FF/RW increasing or decreasing the speed incrementally in the direction 'from' pause'/play. that is << makes it slowmo 1 image per second, <<2 gives you 2 frames per sec etc to <<4. Pressing >> while in <<4 moves you to <<three (edit: somehow changed to a smiley with a heart)  etc. hitting play pause while in slomo forward/reverse would just pause. hitting play pause while paused stops trickplay and plays from that point. while paused, the chan up/down would move exactly one frame in forward or reverse. the x1 has an SD card for trick play storage for these functions.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 144 of 769

Not that I have ever taken a thread off topic before but this is Neal's thread and it deals specifically with audio. Let's try to keep it on track. There are other Slo-Mo threads. Maybe Comcast Chad or possibly Comcast Thomas could jump in on the Slo-Mo issues. They both seem to be closer to ownership of the Slo-Mo issue than Comcast Neal does...

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

16craig wrote:

ComcastNeal,

Why on trick play from PAUSE is Slo-mo only one speed, about 3/5 speed. It appears that the 2-2-3 frame repeat is just doing 3-3-3  Related, why not use from PAUSE the Channel UP/Down as a jog frame shuttle? and who in their right mind thought that if you were on Slo-mo that you would want a press of play pause to not pause? Play should only 'start' again from being paused. Speed of Slo-mo while playing Slo-mo be controlled by FF/RW increasing or decreasing the speed incrementally in the direction 'from' pause'/play. that is << makes it slowmo 1 image per second, <<2 gives you 2 frames per sec etc to <<4. Pressing >> while in <<4 moves you to < etc. hitting play pause while in slomo forward/reverse would just pause. hitting play pause while paused stops trickplay and plays from that point. while paused, the chan up/down would move exactly one frame in forward or reverse. the x1 has an SD card for trick play storage for these functions.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 145 of 769

RickGr4 said:

Not that I have ever taken a thread off topic before but this is Neal's thread and it deals specifically with audio. Let's try to keep it on track.

Because Comcast Neal asked me to detail the slo-mo issue for him, see below.

Hi 16craig.   As for your slow motion concerns, please detail what you expectations are and what you fee lis not working.  I'll follow up with the X1 team and let you know where we stand.  Thanks.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 146 of 769

Rick, With all due respect, 1 year more on a message board is not by any means FAR longer. I’m on several boards including A/V, telephoney and supercar forums as well as moderate more than 10 times longer than you have spent in here. I believe with all that time spent I more than understand the politics and how boards are run efficiently, again, with respect.

For instance, anyone who understands the politics of a board would never recommend a member to private message the mod for many reasons. First and foremost, it loads up the mods inbox with perhaps the same questions over and over that they need to answer. The mod then has to respond to all of these in private before they can start tackling what many people are waiting for in public and its probably the same question. So you see how counterproductive your recommendation is? 2- its self serving of a member to ask questions in private that should be shared in public with the other members.

Addressing mods by name is something that is very normal, especially in here where evidently one mod takes care of a particular thread. Placing their name in red only is done as a visual catch for them. Its not bullying to ask for an answer, sometimes they slip through without the mod seeing them which just happened. Neal gave me the same answer you did, he has no idea, which you don’t either as you are relying on hearsay. If asking for questions directly sends a mod back into their shell, well guess what, that mod shouldn’t be here and Comcast needs to take care of that. What you suggesting, sit back, wait, is why the service industry is so horrible these days. Too many complacent people afraid to ask hard questions for no reason other than they are scared the person they are asking might not like them.

This IS the place to, and I’ll use your word, complain which I’m not, I’m asking for answers to long standing issues. This is Comcast’s “Help and Support Forum”s set up by them!! We / I need help with issues that have gone on for months.
Calling into accounts retention with these issues certainly is not the place to seek answers for issues.
It’s a help forum setup by Comcast! Again, “Customer care line” is some girl in the Philippines who tells you she has never heard of the problem(s)... tells you someone will call you back in 48 hours but, alas, no response comes back to you.
This is the place to seek help!

I'm done responding to your issues Rick, I don't want to take up the space or other peoples time. You should also. 

Have a good day, Craig

Posted by
Contributor

Message 147 of 769

You should not expect it to work reliably.  Answered that question in one sentance.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 148 of 769
"X1 Platform will continue to rely on the cloud for all key presses and functions even after 2.0. We are making improvements in several areas with the implimentation of 2.0.x code but the overall concept and inner-workings are staying put!"

How unfortunate. Next to the 2 years of beta test bugginess with new bugs coming as fast as old ones get stamped out, the pig-headed cloud mentality is the most annoying aspect of the X1 box making it anything but a DVR. What is the point of recording something that cannot be played back off-line? Thank goodness for TiVo - and Comcast should be thankful too. What it shows is that the content and service is generally good when hosted by a decent DVR. That so many are still clinging to the tribulations of the X1 without going ballistic is amazing.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 149 of 769

screenname137 wrote:
"X1 Platform will continue to rely on the cloud for all key presses and functions even after 2.0. We are making improvements in several areas with the implimentation of 2.0.x code but the overall concept and inner-workings are staying put!"

How unfortunate. Next to the 2 years of beta test bugginess with new bugs coming as fast as old ones get stamped out, the pig-headed cloud mentality is the most annoying aspect of the X1 box making it anything but a DVR. What is the point of recording something that cannot be played back off-line? Thank goodness for TiVo - and Comcast should be thankful too. What it shows is that the content and service is generally good when hosted by a decent DVR. That so many are still clinging to the tribulations of the X1 without going ballistic is amazing.

Cable can't make much money on X1 due to all the truck rolls and support they have to give to a product that should generate zero calls due to software and control. I'm guessing each cable sub that moves to TiVo hardware reduces demands (expensive to comcast) exponentially. I fully understand the push to 'cloud' since it seems to me they are moving away from even supplying a hardware solution DVR in the home instead opting to put all of that 'into' the cloud. the coming Xi3 having no tuner no hard drive seems to be the push for the future and they are merely early developing all the server support needed for using those devices instead of hard drives in the home. the Xi3 is tiny smaller than a small paperback book. And the extra added benefit to comcast is that moving everything to the cloud supports what customers want now on cable, and that is access to your live and recorded streams at anytime on any device.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 150 of 769

Hello,

It was suggested that I post this question here.

I have a Sony DVD Home Theater System DAV-DZ170 and an XR5 v4-U remote. The remote will not control the Sony HTS with the listed codes given by Comcast. All I need is volume controls. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.