Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Audio - How does it work and what should I expect?

SOLVED
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 51 of 769

I would, however, like to point out that your concerns are valid when it comes to my Issues in the first post.  For issue 1, there is a known issue today that will force an Arris XG1 box into stereo after a reboot even if it's set to surround prior to the reboot.  Even though the box is outputting stereo audio the user interface still indicates it's in Surround mode.  This is being worked on and will be fixed in the next major release or set top firmware so stay tuned there!  I have tested and validated that this issue is resolved in this next major build as it is in pre-release right now in my lab environment.  Even after this release a user COULD still see the issue I bring up in the first post.  The best way to solve it will be to follow my instructions there.  Neal it should be noted that prior to this bug appearing a few months ago (and the above mentioned Pandora audio bug), the audio on all three of my Arris DVRs worked properly in all situations...

Yes thanks Rick.  It was about this time when we moved to 1.34 FW revs and began implementing EDID checks for "Auto Surround."

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 52 of 769

Neal,

Without providing user or tech accessible settings, that was a HUGE mistake...

ComcastNeal wrote:

I would, however, like to point out that your concerns are valid when it comes to my Issues in the first post.  For issue 1, there is a known issue today that will force an Arris XG1 box into stereo after a reboot even if it's set to surround prior to the reboot.  Even though the box is outputting stereo audio the user interface still indicates it's in Surround mode.  This is being worked on and will be fixed in the next major release or set top firmware so stay tuned there!  I have tested and validated that this issue is resolved in this next major build as it is in pre-release right now in my lab environment.  Even after this release a user COULD still see the issue I bring up in the first post.  The best way to solve it will be to follow my instructions there.  Neal it should be noted that prior to this bug appearing a few months ago (and the above mentioned Pandora audio bug), the audio on all three of my Arris DVRs worked properly in all situations...

Yes thanks Rick.  It was about this time when we moved to 1.34 FW revs and began implementing EDID checks for "Auto Surround."

Posted by
Contributor

Message 53 of 769

Hi everyone, 

First thanks for all of this discussion about this topic. I've been waiting for a fix to be released.

Here's my setup and hopefully one of the Comcast guys can help...

I have an Onkyo TXNR-709 via HDMI to the X1 (video device is an Epson projector -- also through the receiver)

I am running XRE server version 1.47.18 11/13/2014 14:01

XRE Protocol: 2.8.0

STB Version: PX001AN_1.3.4p3s3 PRODse

and I have a green light (not sure which box that is?)

My screen says surround sound, but the receiver says stereo unless I change the output on the X1 to stereo then back to surround (then it outputs surround). It usually lasts until I turn off my receiver and come back the next day -- then we're back to stereo on the receiver, but surround on the screen of the X1.

What should my solution be? I don't mind waiting until you push a real fix, but I'd be curious as to which fix applies to me. 

THANKS AGAIN.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 54 of 769

Actually your fix is easy and it has been discussed in this forum many times. You need an Arris DVR... Arris DVRs detect HDMI audio settings differently.

The problem is you can't request a particular DVR until you register a trouble ticket and get it escalated to tier 2... But it can and has been done.

adam_WM wrote:

Hi everyone, 

First thanks for all of this discussion about this topic. I've been waiting for a fix to be released.

Here's my setup and hopefully one of the Comcast guys can help...

I have an Onkyo TXNR-709 via HDMI to the X1 (video device is an Epson projector -- also through the receiver)

I am running XRE server version 1.47.18 11/13/2014 14:01

XRE Protocol: 2.8.0

STB Version: PX001AN_1.3.4p3s3 PRODse

and I have a green light (not sure which box that is?)

My screen says surround sound, but the receiver says stereo unless I change the output on the X1 to stereo then back to surround (then it outputs surround). It usually lasts until I turn off my receiver and come back the next day -- then we're back to stereo on the receiver, but surround on the screen of the X1.

What should my solution be? I don't mind waiting until you push a real fix, but I'd be curious as to which fix applies to me. 

THANKS AGAIN.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 55 of 769
Hi adam_WM. This is a known issue with the Pace XG1 and will be resolved with our move to 2.0.x firmware soon. Thanks for your patience!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 56 of 769

Great to hear! You have an ETA on that?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 57 of 769
Thanks. The rep was very helpful.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 58 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:
Hi adam_WM. This is a known issue with the Pace XG1 and will be resolved with our move to 2.0.x firmware soon. Thanks for your patience!

That sounds like I don't have to make changes to my TX-NR626 if I wait for the 2.0.x firmware.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 59 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Thanks 2themax.  Are you using hte TV speakers or a soundbar connected from the TV?  I just want to be sure I understand your setup 100%.  Thanks!

ComcastNeal,

This is using the TV speakers. The sync issue popped up I think around the time of firmware 1.3.3 if that helps. Also, my BD player and Apple TV do not have this issue on the same TV. I even tried changing the HDMI ports around just in case and that did not help either.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 60 of 769

Pace XG1 - Blue Light -> Denon AVR1913 -> Panasonic 65ST50 all via HDMI

I usually have to toggle surround back on every day. X1 settings always say surround, but overnight it usually reverts to sending non-surround to receiver and I have to select Surround again in the X1 settings next time I watch. This morning I did not have to toggle it... coincidence? 

Also, will the new firmware for the Pace boxes address the audio skips/dropouts? Will the new bitstream option help that?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 61 of 769

You know lately I have started getting the Audio skips/dropouts even with the Arris XG1 with the Blue power light. It's very rare but I noticed it with for example with the The Voice On Demand. But in this case it happens every singke time in the same spot. So its in the recording. Been seeing that a lot with On Demand shows.

Hopefully Firmware 2.0 will fix 99% of the audio issues.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 62 of 769

Two weekends ago I was at a buddies house that just received a brand new Pace bluey, I noticed three audio skips over three hours of watch TV. I intend to test it further. My buddy is an AV installer so he is watching for it...

However I would like to add I have not heard a legitimate audio skip at my house since I got Arris DVRs...

gate1975mlm wrote:

You know lately Ihave stared getting the  Audio skips/dropouts even with the Arris XG1 with the Blue power light. It's very rare but I noticed it with live TV last night.

It happend much much more with the Pace box though. Hopfuly Firmware 2.0 will fix 99% of the aduio issues.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 63 of 769

@ RickGr4

Watch The Voice OnDemand S7E15 and you may hear the audio skip and drop out.

I am watching it now and I already hard 2 drop outs. However if I goback to the same spot the audio drops out every time.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 64 of 769

If you can replicate this drop out while watching on demand then it is the broadcast not the equipment. The audio drop outs I am familiar with could not be replicated unless you recorded them.

gate1975mlm wrote:

@ RickGr4

Watch The Voice OnDemand S7E15 and you may hear the audio skip and drop out.

I am watching it now and I already hard 2 drop outs. However if I goback to the same spot the audio drops out every time.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 65 of 769

For me, if I back up via rewind and rewatch the portion that "skipped" it does not show up again. So, mine is the classic skip from equipment not from the broadcast. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 66 of 769

I switched to X1 boxes last week and everthing was fine until yesterday.  I lost all audio.  The audio in the TV mode is fine but will not work on the HDM1 mode.  I have a SONY sound bar attached to the television.  What should I do. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 67 of 769

MimiPats wrote:

I switched to X1 boxes last week and everthing was fine until yesterday.  I lost all audio.  The audio in the TV mode is fine but will not work on the HDM1 mode.  I have a SONY sound bar attached to the television.  What should I do. 

I had some of that drop out too, had to delete the shows from the DVR and watch via ON demand copies. Appears to be a one or two day problem all ok again now re: no more audio dropouts.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 68 of 769

Sounds like there is more than one kind of audio dropout.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 69 of 769

What I noticed two weekends ago on my buddies Pace bluey is entirely different than what I used to notice when I had a Pace greenie. The issue could be related but I think it's different.

FYI no issues in this regard with any of my three Arris DVRs...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 70 of 769

RudyRoo wrote:

I usually have to toggle surround back on every day. X1 settings always say surround, but overnight it usually reverts to sending non-surround to receiver and I have to select Surround again in the X1 settings next time I watch. This morning I did not have to toggle it... coincidence? 

Also, will the new firmware for the Pace boxes address the audio skips/dropouts? Will the new bitstream option help that?

2 days in a row I did not have to retoggle Surround. Not sure what changed...

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 71 of 769

Your box probably did not reboot. It usually just happens after a reboot. However this has been more of an Arris problem then Pace. Wonder if we are talking about the same thing?

I can assure you that at least in the case of Arris boxes NOTHING has been fixed.

RudyRoo wrote:

RudyRoo wrote:

2 days in a row I did not have to retoggle Surround. Not sure what changed...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 72 of 769

I was guessing too that the box just didn't reboot the last couple nights for whatever reason. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 73 of 769

Hi RudyRoo.  Can you tell me what STB Version you see in about settings>about?  Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 74 of 769

adam_WM wrote:

Great to hear! You have an ETA on that?

Hi adam_WM.  I cannot give an ETA but the 2.0 FW is being tested right now and should move very soon!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 769

Oddly, I updated the firmware in my receiver and the problem has gone away. It's now on surround all the time. Weird!

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 76 of 769

Great news!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 77 of 769

ComcastNeal wrote:

Hi RudyRoo.  Can you tell me what STB Version you see in about settings>about?  Thanks!

PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 78 of 769

RudyRoo wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse

Can't get mine to download that version.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 79 of 769

RobertWy wrote:

RudyRoo wrote:

ComcastNeal wrote:

PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse

Can't get mine to download that version.

all 3 of my pace DVRs are .p3s3 too not .p4

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 769

adam_WM wrote:

Oddly, I updated the firmware in my receiver and the problem has gone away. It's now on surround all the time. Weird!

What X1 box and firmware do you have?

Because I just restarted my Arris box with the blue power lighn that is connected to my Denon 1610 5.1 AVR and the surround Sound went off again and says Stereo even though of course at the same time under the X1 audio settings it still says Surround Sound Smiley Sad

So not fixed for me yet but then again I do not have the new 2.0 firmware yet so not really surprised.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 81 of 769

Hi ComcastNeal.

I have a new issue that I just now noticed and maybe you can help me with that too.

On my Pace box named "Mike's Bedroom" While playing some but not all DVR Recordings and bring up the Apps and click on the My Account App I can see the video freeze and peeking though in the backround instead of a solid black backround and when I exit the apps my DVR recording continues playing with no sound. And if I stop the recording and switch to another live channel I still have no sound. And the only way to get sound back I need to reboot the box by unplugging it.

Now I have tested this on my other 2 DVR boxes with the same recordings and neither of thiose 2 boxes have this issue. On those 2 boxes while playing the same recordings if I bring up the Apps then My Account App the backround gets solid black with no sound and when I exit out of the Apps the recording starts playing and I get sound.

Can you fix this or do you think the Mike's Bedroom DVR box maybe going bad and I need to replace it?

Thanks

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 82 of 769

gate1975mlm wrote:

adam_WM wrote:

What X1 box and firmware do you have?

Because I just restarted my Arris box with the blue power lighnthat is connected tomy Denon 1610 5.1 AVR and the surround Sound went off again and says Stereo even though of course at the same time under the X1 audio settings it still says Surround Sound Smiley Sad

So not fixed for me yet but then again I do not have the new 2.0 firmware yet so not really surprised.

I have the latest software/firmware as of today and I had to reset Surround on my Pace greenie.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 83 of 769

gate1975mlm wrote:

Hi ComcastNeal.

I have a new issue that I just now noticed and maybe you can help me with that too.

On my Pace box named "Mike's Room" While playing some but not all DVR Recordings and bring up the Apps and click on the My Account App I can see the video freeze and peeking though in the backround instead of a solid black backround and when I exit the apps my DVR recording continues playing with no sound. And if I stop the recording and swith to another live channel I still have no sound. And the only way to get sound back I need to reboot the box by unplugging it.

Now I have tested this on my other 2 DVR boxes with the same recordings and neither of thiose 2 boxes have this issue. On those 2 boxes while playing thesame recordings if Ibring up the Apps then My Account App the backround gets solid black with no sound and when I exit out of the Apps the recording starts playing and I get sound.

Can you fix this or do you think the Mike's Room DVR box maybe going bad and I need to replace it?

Thanks

i'm getting this too repeatedly still on .17 so i think it is a server message to my box error. also gets tiny picture on playback in upper left hand corner for a second or so . On the sound you can change resolution (exit exit exit 480) then sound returns can change back exit exit exit 1080 and sound stays. The audio 'leading' the video (lagging behind audio) after trick play is getting worse and worse (happenning more and more often).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 84 of 769

ComcastNeal,

I have not seen the REAL issue mentioned here in regards to Surround reverting back to Stereo, so here it is:

The X1 box reboots nightly (or at least most nights).  When it reboots, the downstream equipment (AVR) is typically turned off.  When the X1 comes back online it does the HDMI EDID check/handshake and doesn't "see" a surround-capable device since the AVR is powered off.  It then reverts to outputting a Stereo signal over HDMI, and it apparently never re-negotiates with the AVR after the initial power-up of the X1 box.  This is a huge problem for a box that reboots nightly when most people's equipment is turned off!  None of my other equipment behaves like this - they all re-do their HDMI handshakes when other equipment is powered on!

I can recreate this issue 100% of the time if I reboot my X1 box while the AVR is powered off.  If I reboot the X1 box while the AVR is powered on, the X1 box continues to output surround sound after rebooting (since it "saw" a surround-capable device).  Perhaps that's why this is taking so long to fix - you are testing while the other equipment is powered on which is not realistic since the X1 reboots at night.  The X1 should be doing another HDMI handshake when the AVR is powered on, but it's not.  Until this happens, the problem will never be correctly fixed.  Either that, or just output forced surround when the customer selects "surround" in the menu and do not do an HDMI-handshake to check if the device is surround-capable.

Also, when surround is being output from the X1, I have multiple split-second audio dropouts per hour (probably anywhere from 3-8) when watching live TV.  I never once noticed these dropout issues on my old Motorola DCX3400.  I also don't really seem to notice the dropouts if I set the X1 to output Stereo instead of Surround.  Are the Surround dropouts being investigated by the X1 team?  They are so annoying that I currently have Surround sound disabled on the X1 box.

I have the blue light Pace DVR for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 85 of 769

jkozlow3 wrote:

ComcastNeal,

I have not seen the REAL issue mentioned here in regards to Surround reverting back to Stereo, so here it is:

The X1 box reboots nightly (or at least most nights).  When it reboots, the downstream equipment (AVR) is typically turned off.  When the X1 comes back online it does the HDMI EDID check/handshake and doesn't "see" a surround-capable device since the AVR is powered off.  It then reverts to outputting a Stereo signal over HDMI, and it apparently never re-negotiates with the AVR after the initial power-up of the X1 box.  This is a huge problem for a box that reboots nightly when most people's equipment is turned off!  None of my other equipment behaves like this - they all re-do their HDMI handshakes when other equipment is powered on!

I can recreate this issue 100% of the time if I reboot my X1 box while the AVR is powered off.  If I reboot the X1 box while the AVR is powered on, the X1 box continues to output surround sound after rebooting (since it "saw" a surround-capable device).  Perhaps that's why this is taking so long to fix - you are testing while the other equipment is powered on which is not realistic since the X1 reboots at night.  The X1 should be doing another HDMI handshake when the AVR is powered on, but it's not.  Until this happens, the problem will never be correctly fixed.  Either that, or just output forced surround when the customer selects "surround" in the menu and do not do an HDMI-handshake to check if the device is surround-capable.

Also, when surround is being output from the X1, I have multiple split-second audio dropouts per hour (probably anywhere from 3-8) when watching live TV.  I never once noticed these dropout issues on my old Motorola DCX3400.  I also don't really seem to notice the dropouts if I set the X1 to output Stereo instead of Surround.  Are the Surround dropouts being investigated by the X1 team?  They are so annoying that I currently have Surround sound disabled on the X1 box.

Thanks!

This post is basically my exact issues... also with the Pace Blue Light. The dropouts are getting worse lately, not better. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 86 of 769

Comcast Neal,

You are a veteran of the AV industry just as I am. I am trying to think of any AV source component that "auto negotiates" audio over HDMI like X1 boxes do. I am not sure that I have ever encountered an AV source unit that auto negotiates the audio. I suspect Comcast did this in an effort to cut down on service calls but I have a feeling it backfired. Personally I think some extremely poor decisions were made and nobody from Comcast has owned up to them.

Auto negotiation of audio is one thing. But doing that without user or tech accessible settings is COMPLETELY unacceptable and I would love to talk to the Comcast bean counter that made this decision.

You have told us that new firmware is on the way. I DEMAND that this new firmware not be released unless user accessible HDMI audio settings are added or auto negotiation of audio is defeated.

I find it hard to believe this would not save Comcast a fortune in service calls.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 87 of 769

Good idea RickGr4!  Why not just give us the option to choose "Stereo", "Surround" or "Auto" in the menu and forego the HDMI negotiation altogether for those that explicitly select "Stereo" or "Surround"?  The problem would then be solved!

Well, the problem would be solved once Comcast addresses the surround audio dropouts that is.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 88 of 769

Thanks but I've known about this for almost a year now and I have mentioned it in this forum regularly...

It is possible there is a new audio drop out problem occurring. I have a friend that just got an X1 Pace bluey. I will be at his house this coming Sunday and I intend to observe carefully for this issue.

I have never had the dreaded audio drop out issue with any of my three Arris DVRs and as I write this I am still not having any.

jkozlow3 wrote:

Good idea RickGr4!  Why not just give us the option to choose "Stereo", "Surround" or "Auto" in the menu and forego the HDMI negotiation altogether for those that explicitly select "Stereo" or "Surround"?  The problem would then be solved!

Well, the problem would be solved once Comcast addresses the surround audio dropouts that is.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 89 of 769

Yeah, just make sure his Pace box is ACTUALLY outputting Surround to test for the dropouts.  I don't notice the dropouts when in Stereo and I'd rather have Stereo (which is processed by my AVR as Dolby PL2) without dropouts than Surround with frequent dropouts!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 90 of 769

Of course. He has his Pace Bluey connected to a high end AV system.

jkozlow3 wrote:

Yeah, just make sure his Pace box is ACTUALLY outputting Surround to test for the dropouts.  I don't notice the dropouts when in Stereo and I'd rather have Stereo (which is processed by my AVR as Dolby PL2) without dropouts than Surround with frequent dropouts!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 91 of 769

jkozlow3 wrote:

ComcastNeal,

Thanks!

You nailed it on the head. This is the exact problem I have with my old Pace green light box. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 92 of 769

Hi RobertWy.  Sorry for my delays here.  I've been traveling for the last two weeks.  I just checked your Pace XG1 and see that it's downloaded the most current version.  Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 93 of 769

RustyBen, your "Master Bedroom" Pace DVR was the only box that did not update to PX001AN_1.3.4p4s1_PRODse.  It's downloading now.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 94 of 769

ComcastNeal,

I would appreciate it if you could reveiw and respond to my post #84.  These surround issues are 100% reproducible and Comcast really needs to do something.

Thanks!

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 95 of 769

Hi gate1975mim.  Can you confirm you're still seeing this issue on your box?  Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 96 of 769

jkozlow3 wrote:

ComcastNeal,

Thanks!

Hi jkozlow3.  Thanks for your input.  You're correct that the EDID is most likely not passing since the AVR is off at reboot.  The good news is that we're working on menu based options for end users to over ride the "Auto Surround" behavior that today's 1.3.4 firmware supports.  As I've said, the first step is for us to get to 2.0 then from there, things will really change around surround options for ALL X1 set top manufacturers and models.  We won't have every issue taken care of in version 2.0 BUT shortly after you'll see us really start to chip away at everyone's concerns and requests.  Stay tuned!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 97 of 769

That's great news Neal.  Are the Surround sound audio dropouts being investigated as well?  Because there's no point in getting surround working properly if the frequent split-second dropouts persist.  At this point, I've got my X1 outputting Stereo which is preferable to Surround + dropouts.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 98 of 769

We are aware of the drop out issues and I haven't experienced any in 2.0 test firmware builds on Pace XG1, Arris XG1, RNG150, Xi3, or Pace XG1 v3 boxes.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 99 of 769

Nice!  Looking forward to the new firmware!!

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 100 of 769

RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast Neal,

You are a veteran of the AV industry just as I am. I am trying to think of any AV source component that "auto negotiates" audio over HDMI like X1 boxes do. I am not sure that I have ever encountered an AV source unit that auto negotiates the audio. I suspect Comcast did this in an effort to cut down on service calls but I have a feeling it backfired. Personally I think some extremely poor decisions were made and nobody from Comcast has owned up to them.

Auto negotiation of audio is one thing. But doing that without user or tech accessible settings is COMPLETELY unacceptable and I would love to talk to the Comcast bean counter that made this decision.

You have told us that new firmware is on the way. I DEMAND that this new firmware not be released unless user accessible HDMI audio settings are added or auto negotiation of audio is defeated.

I find it hard to believe this would not save Comcast a fortune in service calls.

RickGr4, we understand our current offerings for surround solutions are not ideal and I've made it very clear on the forums that we are working to correct these solutions.  Everyone's feedback and input is greatly appreciated.  Also, I've said that I'm helping to guide the X1 team through these issues and, while I've been with Comcast for several years now, I've only been deep diving with the X1 team fairly recently.  The X1 team has been working on 2.0 firmware long before I started looking into these issues and posting on these forums.  I'm here to help and pass your feedback directly to the X1 team after doing extensive research to replicate issues.  We will continue to develop the 2.0 firmware as planned.  It WILL be pushed to boxes without every issue fixed, but once deployed, we can easily build on it for these and other issues.  2.0 is not being pushed just for surround issues, but many other reasons as well.  X1 is still young and we are learning more every day.  I've explained a few options that will be included after 2.0 and appreciate everyone's patience while we work hard to wrap up initial development of the next big firmware release for the X1 platform! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon