Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 4k box never available at service center

Regular Visitor

X1 4k box never available at service center

I have had a 4k television for over a year, and I hear the 4k boxes should be available. I have been to my local service center twice to get a new 4k box and they never have any, this last time they actually laughed when I asked if they had any. Please help me with this, I pay 230 dollars a month but new customers are treated better. Any ideas how to get one?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: X1 4k box never available at service center

All Replies
Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat...

Do you have the required "Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box"?

This is what I have tracked down:

How To Get 4K UHD with Xfinity
4K UHD viewing is currently available to Xfinity X1 customers for the On Demand coverage of the Olympic Winter Games.
It is also available to customers who subscribe to the Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box, with a compatible 4K TV and/or AV Receiver and/or Soundbar.

XG1v4 TV boxes are Xfinity X1 DVRs, and are not available to order online.
Please contact us to order and see the overview of X1 DVR Services for more information.

xfinity Chat Transcript
CHAT STARTED AT Mar 11, 2018 7:02:34 PM
7:02:34 PM True Rock : I want to upgrade to 4K
---You are now chatting with Debashish---
7:02:43 PM Debashish : Hello, Please provide account holder's full name, full address with ZIP code, account number and last 4 digits of your SSN to verify your
account and to open your account.
7:03:00 PM True Rock : True Rock
7:03:07 PM True Rock : 9999 Abcdefg St
7:03:14 PM True Rock : Houston, TX 77999
7:03:57 PM True Rock : 9999 99 999 9999999
7:04:00 PM True Rock : 9999
7:04:53 PM Debashish : Thanks for the info.
7:09:01 PM True Rock : Hello?
7:09:15 PM Debashish : I am checking 4K service on your account.
7:09:21 PM Debashish : Please allow me 2 minutes.
7:09:22 PM True Rock : OK - thanks
7:11:34 PM Debashish : True I have checked you account.
7:11:49 PM Debashish : 4k service is not available in your area.
7:12:23 PM Debashish : However Xfinity is upgrading all the equipment one by one, we will email you whenever your area is eligible for 4K service.
7:13:16 PM True Rock : OK - thanks
7:13:28 PM Debashish : You're welcome.
7:13:34 PM Debashish : Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
7:13:45 PM True Rock : No - thanks for the update
7:14:30 PM Debashish : You're welcome.
7:15:20 PM True Rock : bye...
7:15:37 PM Debashish : It was great chatting with you.

Powered By eGain

**************************************************************************************

Are you trying to get a XG4 4K HDR box?

Expert

Regular Contributor

Rustyben,

Thank you so much for the tip.  Everytning is taken care of - so very quickly.

Frequent Visitor

I had to order mine online becuase none were available in my area.

Had to pay $15 for shipping though. Been a Comcast customer for 19 years you would have thought they'd waive the shipping fee.

You would think with the recent popualrity with 4K tv's they would have been prepared for the number of people wanting the 4K boxes. What good is the store if they don't have all the products available for us?

Expert

@Fazool wrote:

I had to order mine online becuase none were available in my area.

Had to pay $15 for shipping though. Been a Comcast customer for 19 years you would have thought they'd waive the shipping fee.

You would think with the recent popualrity with 4K tv's they would have been prepared for the number of people wanting the 4K boxes. What good is the store if they don't have all the products available for us?

Call customer service and ask them to waive the shipping.

New Poster

consider yourself lucky, i went in to do a box swap and was told i had to get the 4k box and have now had nothing but issues with my service

Frequent Visitor

They did not waive the shiiping fee and they are also charging me $40 for the tech to come out and see if he can fix the issues i've been having with the box since i installed it. Not the treatment i was looking for after being such a loyal customer.

Expert

@Fazool wrote:

They did not waive the shiiping fee and they are also charging me $40 for the tech to come out and see if he can fix the issues i've been having with the box since i installed it. Not the treatment i was looking for after being such a loyal customer.

Because I have six X1 boxes, I pay for the $4.99 Service Protection Plan.

Official Employee

Hi @am2496

Sorry to hear about the experience you're having with your services after having the 4K box installed. I'd like to see how I can help. What types of issues have you noticed since you got the new box? 

@Fazool

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience. I can take review your account to see if there's anything I can do to help. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.