Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 4K DVR Setup Question

Regular Contributor

X1 4K DVR Setup Question

I received the new 4K DVR tonight and when I try to run the setup it gets as far as the English Laguage prompt and when I press on the new remote to respond no matter where I press nothing happens??

I unplugged the box and tried several more times with the same result..... no response from the remote to the DVR.

The remote lights up, and the tape is removed from the front of the remote, is there something on the DVR that I need to remove or something else I can do to get the remote to talk to the DVR?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: X1 4K DVR Setup Question

Which remote Xr11 or Xr15?
Regular Contributor

Its the XR-15 remote

Official Employee

Try holding down info and xfinity together and wait for led to go from red to green
Regular Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Try holding down info and xfinity together and wait for led to go from red to green

Thanks.

I just tried that and the remote flashed green and still no change..... stuck on language screen.

Its almost like the remote was never paired to the box before it was shipped.

Doesnt look like I can pair a remote when its stuck at the language screen.

Do I need to call and get another box?

Expert

Try unplugging the 4k box, remove the remote batteries, plug the 4k box in, then replace the remote batteries.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Regular Contributor

I just got off the phone with Comcast and was able to complete the setup by unpairing my Xr5v3 remote from my old dvr and pairing it with the 4k dvr.
Not sure what was wrong with the v15 remote that shipped with the dvr but Comcast tried to reset the remote and 4k dvr without success until we switched remotes.
I want to give kudos to the Comcast rep who I worked with. We got cut off and he called right back, and we got the dvr setup.
Official Employee

I think I may have have given you bad info. Try holding A and D down and press 981
Regular Contributor

I have already returned the remote when I returned my old box this morning.
Thanks for trying to assist last night.