members

online now

discussions

X-1 shuts down overnight

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

X-1 shuts down overnight

I have just received my new X-1 system.  I configured all thed equipment as directed and that includes the TV set. Here is my problem.

The TV set has a built-in timing system so that I can set it to go off at a specified time and to start at a specified time in the morning. That function is controlled by the TV set's remote.

Ithe past,  with the old system, the comcast equipment stayed on and thus in gthe mrning, when the TV opened, you would get the audio and video of the channel from the nigiht before. 

Now, however, the comcast X-1 system shuts down during the overnight period and so when the TV came on in the morning, I only had a brightly lit screen, no ausdsio or bideo and the blue light ofhe X-1 was not lit.

How do I keep the comcast X-1 ON while the TV is OFF?

Accepted Solution

Re: X-1 shuts down overnight

You can change the time it resets
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Preferences to General and scroll down to Daily Update Time and press Ok to change the time frame
View answer in context
Service Expert

marsid wrote:

I have just received my new X-1 system.  I configured all thed equipment as directed and that includes the TV set. Here is my problem.

The TV set has a built-in timing system so that I can set it to go off at a specified time and to start at a specified time in the morning. That function is controlled by the TV set's remote.

Ithe past,  with the old system, the comcast equipment stayed on and thus in gthe mrning, when the TV opened, you would get the audio and video of the channel from the nigiht before. 

Now, however, the comcast X-1 system shuts down during the overnight period and so when the TV came on in the morning, I only had a brightly lit screen, no ausdsio or bideo and the blue light ofhe X-1 was not lit.

How do I keep the comcast X-1 ON while the TV is OFF?

would you go into Comcast Labs using the Xfinity button on remote and be sure that HDMI link is 'off'?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

You can change the time it resets
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Preferences to General and scroll down to Daily Update Time and press Ok to change the time frame

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation