Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

Contributor

When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

For a while now Comcast has been promising this issue should be corrected, but still notifications do not work in the Notification Center unless they’re the X1 tips. Previously in the control center you could see caller ID information plus other notifications. I’m using the Comcast Labs channel on IFTTT and would like to see my notifications there like they previously were.
Service Expert

Re: When will the Notification Center actually show notifications?

DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
For a while now Comcast has been promising this issue should be corrected, but still notifications do not work in the Notification Center unless they’re the X1 tips. Previously in the control center you could see caller ID information plus other notifications. I’m using the Comcast Labs channel on IFTTT and would like to see my notifications there like they previously were.

notifications are now generally popup (just shows on the screen) or on the far left side of the menu that pops up when you press the Xfinity button.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Well this is a major complaint I’ve got about Comcast and he X1 because they’ve been taking some great features away and making it worse. There used to be many more Comcast Labs options available and yet have disappeared for what seems to be no good reason. Disappointing.
Contributor

The problem with them flashing by is that you may never see them if you’re not looking directly at your television and then when they do they flash by so quickly you can’t read the entire notification.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation