Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

What happened to my remote?

Regular Visitor

What happened to my remote?

A few days ago I noticed all these cracks on my X1 remote. None of the other remotes in house have these cracks. What happened and how do I get a new one?

20170705_104019(1).jpg
Gold Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my remote?

Visit a Comcast service center. They replace remotes at no charge.
Official Employee

Hello, the information provided earlier is correct. You can take your old remote to your local XFINITY store and they will replace it at no charge. 

Regular Visitor

ok, but this does not answer my question of what happened to my remote?

Official Employee

Hello Anon1469768, I can assist you with getting a new remote. You can always go into a local Comcast service center and swap out any equipment at anytime including your remote. We can also ship a remote to you, there would be a shipping charge but the equipment will reach you within 3 business days. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Gold Problem Solver

You would need to tell us what happened to the remote.

Looks to me like it may have gotten very hot.
Official Employee

Thank you for chiming in (RickGr4), we would need more information on what happened to the remote if anything to better tell why the remote began to crack in the first place. There are tons of things that could cause the remote to crack like this, so I’m not sure if we will be able to tell you exactly what happened but we can figure out best practices to keep this from happening in the future. 

New Poster

This too happened to my remote! I am trying to figure out what In the world it is.. I want answers Xfinity.. it just happened when I looked at my remote this morning. It hasn't felt hot or had any issues... just whatever's on the outside?? Creepy looking if you ask me
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1738.PNG
Expert

looks like alcohol perhaps? (hand cleaners? wipes?)

Expert

Replacements are free at the nearest Xfinity Store.

Regular Contributor

Looks like that skin disease from game of thrones

Contributor

This has happened to us, too. We're on our third one. It only cracks on the voice remotes. We have two voice remotes and two remotes without the voice feature (four TV's).

Seems like someone would know why it happens.