Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Volume control on X1 HD box

Contributor

Volume control on X1 HD box

Just picked up a rgn150n and cant control the box volume like old HD boxes.

After reading around it doesn't support this option.

Is there on that has volume option i need it for my game room just because on my set up. This one is in living room and loving it but not being able to control volume is a bummer would really like one on my nice TV in computer room.

Are there any X1 HD *non DVR* boxes that have this option?

Accepted Solutions
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Volume control on X1 HD box

None of the X1 boxes have volume control.

All Replies
Silver Problem Solver

None of the X1 boxes have volume control.

Contributor

Nvermind after reading more about low volume issues it seems that this is not available they need to add this option back.

edit

John3758you replied as i was posting this. Thanks for getting back

Expert

I have two RNG150's.  The way X1 does it is you control the volume of the TV, not the set-top box.  I haven't had an issue with that in the two years I have had X1.

Contributor

good for you that doesn't help me out at all like i said i need the volume control from the box for my speaker set up not the TV speakers.

Im using bose companion 5 pc speakers with 3.5 jack to tv and only way i can adjust volume from TV is from the box.

When i get around to getting optical out speakers ill come back to x1 but for now back to old box.

Expert

demo23019 wrote:

good for you that doesn't help me out at all like i said i need the volume control from the box for my speaker set up not the TV speakers.

Im using bose companion 5 pc speakers with 3.5 jack to tv and only way i can adjust volume from TV is from the box.

When i get around to getting optical out speakers ill come back to x1 but for now back to old box.

Hmm.  I have an a/v receiver with my X1 STB connected to it and my TV connected to it.

I am able to control the receiver volume and mute with my XR5 remote.

The XR5 will accept codes for both the TV and the receiver.  It can control the power to the receiver and the TV.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/td-p/2550616